September 1, 2014 | 1918 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by shmoopy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It works as well as UDPP to keep me crease-free, but doesn't dull down my shadows! Yay for TFSI! 8-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 7:37:00 AM More reviews by huamao

Love this stuff. Somehow I feel this spreads better than UDPP. Makes e/s last.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by sactonina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for a week and consciously compared to UDPP, the only primer I have used for a year. Here are my conclusions: they are essentially the same in performance, but less product is needed with TFSI to achieve the same effect, and the packaging is perfection, whereas....well---- we all already know about the genie bottle and the disappearing potion. Hooray! Another fabamundo primer option!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, sorry, havenít tried UDPP, canít compare the two:( I donít even have oily eye lids to begin with and usually I do not have a problem with eye shadows creasing on me. However, with the humid weather this summer has brought, I do notice now at the end of the day some creasing and fading with several of my favourite brands. I decided to buy this one instead of UDPP because of reading how awful UDPP packaging is, how you have to chop open the bottle to get a lot of un-reachable product outÖ yeah, that really turned me off. Anyways, TFSI has been a success for me and I feel pretty lucky that the first e/s primer I have ever tried ended up being an HG product for me. I donít plan on trying any other similar productsÖ. This one is easy so apply, goes on very smoothly and absorbs very quickly. It isnít drying, even on my prone-to-dryness lids. Iíve tried cream, powder, and loose e/s products over this and they are all easy to apply and blend. It does not alter the colours at all. Does what itís supposed to do without any of the negatives assocaited with e/s primer. I'll definitely continue to use this throughout the summer. For what itís worth, I recommend TFSI.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by samana01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always had trouble with eyeshadows and liners creasing on me within a few hours. I bought this over UDPP because I didn't want to deal with the crappy packaging.

I apply this all over my lid to my eyebrow. I wait a few minutes, then I apply eyeshadow as usual.

I love this stuff! With this on, my eye makeup lasts all day! Once I even fell asleep with my makeup on (I know, bad). It smudged a little, but other than that it was pretty much intact. Now I use this every day, even if I'm just putting eyeliner on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 12:49:00 AM More reviews by autumndayx

I was going to purchase UDPP, but I heard this packaging was more economical so I decided on this. I am pretty much in love, my oily skin has eyeshadow dull and gone in about 2 hours. This keeps my makeup looking fresh and makes the colors brighter. I love this so much, definitely purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by mizleilei

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer - I wanted to try this since I have been very happy with Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. This has a bit of slip to it and is more emollient. I like UDPP's better since it dries faster, but they both have the same great staying power. I like how this is packaged since its in a squeeze tube rather than a wand in tube like UDPP. But I did find out how to get the most prod out of by cutting the ends of the tubes. I'll have to blog about that later. I think after my first tube of UDPP is out and this is all done, I'll stick to UDPP.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by MissChocoholic

At first I adored Shadow Insurance, especially the cute packaging. I wore this faithfully, especially in the fall/winter and then just didn't reach out for it for a couple months. Then I decided to pull this out again just recently. I really liked this one until...

a) I saw a greasy, oily liquid coming out of the tube. I had to take some of the oilyness of the product out before I got to the good stuff

b) After applying this under dark eyeshadows in particular, you really see it crease - and this was only after an hour

I'm sticking to my UDPP until I can find something better. But as of right now, nothing has been able to beat this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used UPDD before trying this when I got a sample from Sephora. Now I am a convert. My main reasons for liking this better - because both products work for me - are the texture of the product and the packaging. I like Shadow Insurance better because to me it goes on in a lighter film and I can use just a tiny bit and it works all day for me. Because it comes in a tube I get out only the amount I want and there is no waste. I always felt like UPDD was thick and more opaque whereas Shadow Insurance is thinner and more translucent. I think it depends on your own personal preference for this aspect of it. I don't like anything that makes my eyelids feel heavy or thick. I only wear a little eyeshadow, liner and mascara on a daily basis so if you wear lots of eye makeup YMMV. Also, I have fairly normal skin so even though I get a little oily I don't know how these products compare if you have very oily skin.

I hated the UDPP packaging which cracked and broke along the neck the first time I dropped it on my bathroom tile. I scooped it out into a pot and used it that way for a long time. Yesterday I tossed the rest and switched over permanently to this when I bought the full-sized tube. I use very little every day so I am sure a tube,which will not crack when I drop it, will last me a very long time so I think it is a good value.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't get it. This doesn't prevent shadow creasing at all. I never should have strayed from my beloved Urban Decay Primer!