October 31, 2014 | 976 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I ventured out to ULTA a day or two ago to try this stuff. I would probably never in a million years go out and by a $17 "primer" or JUST my eyelids, because I'm quite poor... but with my eyeshadows not staying put even for LESS than an hour some days... I wasn't able to wear my shadows anywhere. What's the point of even having them if I can't even wear them?! I heard a TON of hype over Urban Decay Primer Potion but decided to try this instead because of their packaging difficulties. [So cute though!]. In most of the reviews I have seen, TFSI has a better color payoff and lasts just as long as UDPP. :) The packaging for this is not as cute as UDPP... but you will def. get all of your product out without having to cut your bottle in SECTIONS to get over half of the product out. I'm all for paying a freaking dollar more just so I don't have to do that! It's more sanitary as well. This goes on great though and you don't need but just a teeny bit. I put on a loose eyeshadow over this [Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush - Which I could NEVER wear] and not only did it make the color pop... it lasted from 8am until 11pm+ through working and everything. That has never happened before! So...I only have had this product for acouple days. I will edit more when I have used it for about a week! As of now... I'm likin' it!

Edit: 04.13.2010
Whomp. Whomp. Whomp. I've found a new love... and it's the E.L.F [eyes. lips. face] eye primer from their original line. It's a whopping $1. It works just as well as this, if not better in my opinion. This is still a great product, especially if you're not an online shopper. E.L.F is supposed to be available @ Target and it's not in any of my local ones yet. I'm so glad I don't have to pay $17 bucks anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by yoyomofo

i'm fairly new to shadow primer all around but after reading all the hype of udpp on this site i sucked it up and bought some from sephora. when i ordered udpp i was able to get a free deluxe sample of tfsi. i tried the udpp first but was super annoyed with the packaging and found it a little dry. if you use the wand to apply the pp, you end up having to use your fingers to properly apply it anyways. and then when you put the wand back in the bottle, half of the product that's still on the wand, doesn't go back in the bottle, it ends up on the mouth of the container and then ends up getting wasted because it dries up in the lid. what a waste! so after a couple days of this i decided to give my tfsi a try. it's a precision squeeze tube which lets you take out the perfect amount of product on to your finger and then you smear it around with that finger (way more sanitary since there is no applicator going back into the tube). this way you will also be able to use ALL of your product with none drying up in the lid or being left in the bottom of the oddly shaped udpp bottle. the formula is less dry and applies more smoothly. i find it's got pretty much the same staying power as udpp, too! my only problem is that it's a little more expensive than udpp but for packaging, it's well worth it! for reference, my lids are not super oily so i can't vouch for people with oily lids but normal-slighly oily lids will do fine with this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this product, and a lot more so than UDPP. I wear shadow insurance everyday for work and uni -- it keeps my shadows on all day long with no fading or creasing. Doesn't irritate the eyes even with daily use. Packaging is cute and practical. Can be used with both cream and powder shadows. Makes my shadows more vibrant in colour and allows me to blend them easily with no trouble. Would definately repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by mrsrjizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I feel it does what it says it will and I like its packaging compared to others of its kind. Its not heavy. But very light on the skin. I still always forget to use it and reach for my paintpots instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this a week or so ago, and I'm lovin' it! I like it better than UDPP, which is pretty good, but it's a bit dry on my already dry lids. This is much better. It's kind wierd in that it really feels a bit oily going on, but let it sit a few seconds, and it's perfection in a tube! I don't think I could get my shadows to crease with this. If you liked UDPP, but have dry lids, and felt UDPP was a lid(le) dry, try the Shadow Insurance. Btw, the SI package is *light years* better - just a plain ol' squeeze tube. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by hilary2952

This primer is great its as good as UDPP but for me its much better i have kinda dry lids and i feel this has a better holding power then UDPP this works great for people with dry lids because i felt that the UDPP is to dry for my lids also the package its way better overall i love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been a fan of UDPP for quite some time, then moved on to Artdeco e/s base, which was amazing. Now I've been using TFSI with great results, and I couldn't be happier, because the Artdeco one is hard to find, while UDPP tends to make my e/s difficult to blend, and the end results seems rather dry.
TFSI lasts as long as the others on me. No creasing, and my shadow does not disappear or migrate. The tube is hygienic and easy to use, and the product itself is creamy, spreads easily over the lid, and does not interfere with the blending of the e/s. You only need a pin sized amount for each lid.
Overall I like this e/s primer the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by stephiekins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is very similar to UD Primer Potion, of course. I have been using both to try figure out which one I like better, but I still can't decide! They are almost exactly the same except that Shadow Insurance lets you blend shadows a little better, but they both hold eye makeup on awesomely. Shadow Insurance has better packaging than the impossible UDPP bottle, but I'm still undecided. I guess I'll just continue to alternate and then rebuy whichever I like better when they run out :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 12:02:00 PM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was drawn to this because it was touted as being as good as UDPP but with the added bonus of much better packaging.
In some areas it exceeds UDPP; the previously mentioned packaging issue (the squeeze tube is so much more sanitary & there's less waste), it makes blending your shadows far easier than UDPP, feels lighter & less drying on the eyelids than UDPP.
It doesn't seem to hold up quite as well as UDPP, after a few hours I get a small amount of creasing on the inner corners of my eyes with TFSI. The outer eye area holds up just fine though.
Having played around, I've found that applying a very light layer of powder before TFSI makes all the difference for me. Wear-time is prolonged by a considerable amount. Now that I've discovered this little trick, I'm quite happy to carry on buying this over UDPP.
EDIT - This has definitely left my UDPP in the dust. I'd been using this exclusively for several weeks when hubby pointed out that I hadn't been complaining of weeping, stinging eyelids for a while. I've stopped using UDPP completely now & haven't had the problem since. HG for my poor suffering eyes.
EDIT - 17/02/2010: I've been using the new UDPP in Eden & it blows this out of the water. Even though it's still a great primer, it does crease where as Eden doesn't. Have taken another lippie off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by jse23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! My eyeshadow lasts all day, with no creasing whatsoever. It doesn't feel greasy, and I only need the tiniest amount. I'm hooked for life!