September 22, 2014 | 2049 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by LadyVelvet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One Word: Disappointment.
Felt like I was wearing a mask and it caked on easily. It sunk into my skin making me look older! No 21 yr old wants that...It also clogged my pores and made me break out like whoaa. It was not the smooth finish I was hoping for and heard so much about. I applied in different ways but still no dice and the fact that you have to buy the pump was irksome.
Most likely will only wear on special occasions. It does provide full coverage and a decent color match. A little bit goes a long way, plus I like the spf. Mixing it with water prevents the cakey/mask appearance.
I most likely will not buy again based on my experience with the product. Honestly I feel like I wasted my money but I will work with what I bought and make it rock.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is terrible. It is thick and goopy. It broke me out after a day. It is so heavy and cakey that I looked like I was wearing a plastic mask. Beware ladies. If I could give it 0 lippies I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by asham69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

although i do like it, its not my favorite. i recently became a powder fan. the liquid to me is too matte and fake looking. the only way i do get the result i like with this is to spray my face with the fix + to make it look more natural and glowy. so far i dont have a problem with my skin becoming really oily and i have very oily skin. as long as i moisturize, use the prep and prime base and finish with fix + it works great. i have yet to actually wear it out for an entire day so i guess i will update when i get a chance to. foundation isnt something i wear everyday, i bought it to wear when going out when im not at work or school. but since ive purchased the fix powder i havent picked the liquid back up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

watch out nw15 ladies. i'm fair, blonde hair, greenish blue eyes with pink undertones. i was matched at mac with the nw15. this foundation went on orange. i loved the feel and finish of it...but the color was totally off. i normally wear the studio fix powder in nw15 with no issues. don't know why this foundation's color was so off.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by elley01

ok, so a while ago i bought MAC's studio finish foundation and this was just for a special occasion so i thought why not hey? people rave on and on about this product and maybe it'd be worth buying it? wrong! this stuff sank into my pores and it made me look like a cake face(im not a foundation person). it made my face powedery and weird looking, but it provided good coverage for the whole night. i dont think im ever going to buy this product again

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by fuctbambi

When I first tried this foundation I loved it. I mix in strobe liquid and apply it with my 187 brush, it felt thick but the NC35 shade matched my face perfectly and it looked great. Right after the first day though, it started going down hill. This foundation picks up dry spots on my skin and emphasises it like crazy. my pores become more noticable, and everything just feels too thick, pasty, and cakey. I wish they never discontinued the hyperreal foundation as that has been my favorite so far. This formula is way too thick. I even tried applying it with my fingers, thinking that it was the formula that was clumping and the heat from my fingers would melt it, but I got the same results. :( Really hoping I can exchange this, cause I lost my receipt ! the packaging is great though if you purchase the pump.

**UPDATE, I had to change this rating to a 1 becase I have come across so many better foundations since!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really need full coverage for my huge pores and acne scarring and something that won't clog my pores. The MAC MU said that all of MAC's foundations are oil-free and shouldn't cause zits, buts he was wrong. This stuff makes me break out. I'm somewhere between a NC38 and 40 so it's hard to color match. It feels heavy and doesn't fully cover my pores like my mineral foundation does. I know some people love it and I wanted to as well, but it just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Sailormoon999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY HG FOUNDATION! It gives me coverage that is so natural and seamless that people comment about how pretty my skin is and not my makeup! ( I use my Sonia Kashuk flat top blusher brush) I get tons of compliments than when I was using other foundations. The lady who matched me did a wonderful job. I'm so happy with my purchase. Spent about almost 200 bucks on other MAC stuff as well, it's horrible but their stuff is good, although a bit over priced.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by stcxtc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once I'm done with my bottle, I'm kissing this goodbye. I've used this on-and-off for years and think sticking with it was more out of habit and the MAC hype than the results it gives. When I objectively look at what it does for me -- not enough coverage, makes me break out on my chin -- I don't know why I had separation anxiety from this foundation as it's not "all that" if you know what I mean. Try another foundation besides this one b/c it's no better than some of the drugstore brands I dabble in. Not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Elly902

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I just wanted to put my two cents in here. I have been using this for over a year now. I have acne prone, very oily skin. SO FAR this has been good for me, but I dont LOVE it.Im still searching for my #1. For all the girls that complain it starts to shine, I have worked out the perfect fix for that, sadly it takes 3 other products to do it. You need the MAC Matte Texture. Its a clear gel, I put a bit on the back of my hand, then pump out the foundation, use the brush to bend them together. FIRST you have to use the primer, the one used for oily skin with SPF 50. Then apply make up, THEN apply the blot powder. I assure you you will not shine at all. My BIG draw back with this is that it does not hide fine lines or slightly large pores at all, infact it actually make them look worse. So for the reason, and that reason alone.. Im still searching for a new one. But if you do not have those problems this is a wicked foundation.