L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

this stuff hella broke me out >.<

on 5/6/2010 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

love this foundation i was using make up forever HD really expensive this is very cheap i have N4 N5 ans N6 all through the year they all match great give me the perfect coverage and blend so well. plus it stays on all day even in the 100 degree Texas summers never breaks me out and never streaks or creases and i dont use any powder

on 5/6/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had to wait until I calm down before writing this review. I had about 6 different shades of True Match (the old version) when it first came out, as the product claimed to have selections for yellow (W) undertone.
When this newer version came out, I figured I'll give it a try, the texture has definitely improved, it does melt into the skin.
But what really made me so po'd is the colour, on my NC 35-40 skin, with yellow-beige underton. I picked W5, which is just about medium in the range, it absolutely looked beigey-white (pale) on me; no peachy, no golden, no warm undertone whatsoever, not even jaundice yellow. Are those F'heads at L'oreal bloody stoned when the formulated the shades. Yes, they all looked amazing on the shelf real skin friendly tones. The most important issue in fdn is the colour, everything else is secondary, & this definitely doesn't cut it.
My Dream Liquid Mousse in medium 2 matches much better that this. Good things its only Cad$10.

on 5/6/2010 5:47:00 PM

This is great! Not my favorite, by any means. But it's a good back up (: It's coverage isn't that great. But it's really light, and oil free. I've NEVER broken out with it. I just think the bottle could be better designed.

on 5/6/2010 12:48:00 AM

I love this foundation! I have oily, acne-skin and I am also very fair...what a great combination huh?! haha But this foundation is actually light enough to match my skin tone (and verrry few foundations can do that...simply ageless by olay & covergirl does a good job too however). Its fairly thin, almost runny in consistancy, yet if applied by the stippling method with a flat-top brush it works perfectly! I just pore some into my hand and dip the brush, then dot + use circle motions to apply. I do have to use a powder finish (like most liquid foundations) and Coty Airspun works well! Overall, great product!

on 5/5/2010 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Edit: this foundation has apparently been reformulated since I last used it and it broke me out like crazy a few weeks ago and my skin has still not recovered.
I have oily, sensitive skin. I do have to set it with a powder though, or else it will look greasy mid day. But the coverage is great. And the color is amazing. I'm in C1 Alabaster, it is really hard for me to find a foundation to match my skin tone. But this one looks great on me because my skin is not really yellow undertoned like most light foundations. But the color range is not work breaking out!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love the packaging, and the color selection. I also completely agree with one of the reviewers below me that the longer you wear it the better it looks. The other day after playing a TWO AND A HALF hour-long softball game I looked in the mirror and much to my surprise my skin looked flawless, better than it did when I applied it 10 hours earlier that day.

UPDATE:I won't repurchase, because I prefer pumps, and I don't love the makeup itself that much. It doesn't stay very long on me either. I don't like the finish either, I prefer a dewy-ish look rather than the powdery one this gives me. Oh well, it wasn't awful, just not for me. I won't repurchase.

on 5/5/2010 8:41:00 PM

In my search for a great liquid foundation, I tried L'Oreal True Match. This is a great foundation: the consistency is runny, but blends on well with a foundation buffing brush. The level of coverage is light to medium, depending on how much of the product you use.

It left me with a matte finish, and less oil buildup in my t-zone than normal. It feels like I have light to no foundation on and covered all spots or scars without the need for concealer.

The only bad aspects of this product that I see is the packaging: gotta be careful otherwise a huge amount of product just runs out of the glass bottle and I can't find my color. The color swatch gizmo at the store is great and I matched for the N1 and also C1 colors, but when I tried both on at home, one had noticeable pink undertones and the other had a muted undertone that didn't completely match my face. Tried blending it in further to the neck but it didn't help. I would definitely repurchase this item if I can find my color, but until then, I'm sticking to my Asian makeup company foundations (I've had non-Asian friends compliment me on my skin and ask what product I was using - they went out and found it - Iope or Laniege, tried it and loved the color and results).

on 5/2/2010 5:57:00 PM

I like this product a lot! I just wish it had a pump ): It stays on nice, but I have a hard time finding the perfect shade for me, and sadly, I couldn't find it. I'm still looking though! There's plenty of color choices to choose from. I love how this make-up doesn't settle on my pores.

on 4/29/2010 11:01:00 PM

First of we can all agree the color selection is amazing and if u cant find ur color i dont know what can :P. That being said this is the second foundation i have EVER used on my face and i swore by it so much i bought a backup bottle the next day (W3). i have since stopped using foundation all together but i occasionally bust this out for special occasions. It is a medium coverage so u definatly need to use concealer on problem areas. i was battling with super dry skin and the spf somehow helped moisturize it. It gives a healthy, dewy glow and seams so seamless to the rest of your body's skin some people thought i had no face makeup at all!! I guess what most people don't like very much it could make some people oily & wear off but i solved this by using clean & clear oil sheets that help soak up any excess oil and foundation so that it looks even and lasts longer. the other negative would be the lack of pump. i however like the bottle and what was in the cap and surrounding neck of the bottle was all i needed to cover my face!! plus, i hated using sponges or brushes, so i just warmed it up with my fingers and smoothed it on to my skin. ive always had a large bottle of hand sanitizer on my makeup stand to disinfect my hands with each step of my makeup process, so i never saw this as any more unsanitary than reusing a brush or changing makeup sponges ;)

Video Reviews & Tutorials