April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by melissa85

true match is the wrong word for this product.. loreal needs to step it up.. i only use the HIP stuff they make up make me look oily and i dont like that

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Good makeup for oily skin that covers very silkily, doesn't look cakey, coverage is buildable, and there is a match for my PPP skin! Covers the perimenopausal redness i have on my cheeks. Lasts most of the day, with slight oiliness on my nose, and I live in Texas. No heavy scent, and washes off easily with foaming cleanser. I also like the cute bottle. Would prefer a pump, but if you have to have a bottle, this is a good one to have. Pours out easily, and I can tell I will be able to use the whole thing, and not be stuck with some undispensable product at the end. Will definitely repurchase! 9/3/09 EDIT: OK, I don't know if my skin is changing or what, but this now doesn't last two hours on me without separating and looking patchy, then sliding right off. I also notice it looks very powdery in daylight, and masky. Will not repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by staceb1990

I think this foundation is a great idea, it just doesn't completely deliver. I've tried the palest foundations in both the neutral and cool shade system and both were still dark. I'm incredibly, and I have issues finding a good color match with most foundations, so that's not nessesarily why I'm giving this a bad review.

This foundation breaks me out SO BAD every time I use it. I've given it a lot of chances, because I figured that I just wasn't washing it off well enough. But because this is the only thing that I changed in my skincare/foundation routine, I can safely say that this is the problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by xhanglikeastar

LOVE this foundation. I had been using Everyday Minerals prior to this, but I was really unhappy with the coverage I was getting... the makeup looked very patchy and cakey when I put it on. I decided I wanted to switch to a liquid foundation. Easier said than done! I could not find ANYTHING that matched my skin tone (I'm very pale but I don't have yellow or pink undertones... I'm a neutral)-- everything I tried was too dark and orange for my face. I bought this foundation on a whim, mainly because they had that cool color chart/tray thing in the store and they had a range of colors for neutral tones. I picked up the lightest color in neutral... and I was disappointed at first. When I put the foundation on, my skin looked kind of flaky/patchy again... like the foundation wasn't sticking evenly all over my face. I gave up on it for a few weeks, and then I started using Milk of Magnesia as a primer... what a difference! True Match went on smoothly and evenly, and it matched my skin tone perfectly. It held up pretty well over the course of the day without getting super slick and shiny, like Everyday Minerals. Best of all, there was no flaky/patchy appearance to my skin... you couldn't tell I was wearing makeup. I only wear this on my forehead (the only place I need foundation) and you can't tell that I'm wearing foundation on one part of my face and not the others. I'm really happy with this foundation and I hope they don't discontinue it... I don't know where else I could find a shade match for this price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by melann78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am on day 2 of this product. I have super oily skin and am very acne prone with a good sized breakout at the moment. I have used lots of different kinds of foundation (Jane Iredale was my most recent) and they have all given inconsistent results and have turned my face very shiny, fast. This foundation goes on very easily and is like it says super blendable. The color I have now is too dark, but I'm going to go back and get a lighter shade. I feel like it covers well but doesn't look heavy. Didn't know I'd go back to a liquid, but for now, it's OK.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2009 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Melness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really want to love this... I do love it. I didn't actually buy this, I inherited it from my mum when she realised it was about two shades too light for her. The colour (c2) is perfect for me in winter, usually colours are too yellow or too pale.
The packaging is great too, with the pump, so there's no spilling.
The words "glow" and "flawless" has been thrown about when I wear this which I think says it all really. However I have oily teenage skin and this just doesn't do enough for oil control and the staying power isn't fantastic. By the late afternoon it was pretty much slid off, even after a few hours, the powder has to be piled over it. If you had slightly drier skin I think this would work better. Please L'Oreal, make like revlon colorstay and make an oily skin version

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by jbaby0829

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i bought this foundation because i needed a darker foundation ( since it's summer and i get really tan) but i didnt want to pay alot of money for it. my sister and i used to use this when we were younger and just stopped over the years. i love this foundation, it's lightweight and gives good coverage and doesnt feel thick. i did notice after about 4 hours i got a little oily around my nose but that is ok because i live in a VERY humid climate and i have oily skin anyways. so i would just say to have a powder on hand for touch ups when you get oily and your good to go! overall a great foundation for the price.

EDIT: after trying this foundation for a while now i LOVE it. i have super oily skin and i live in a humid climate and this stays on longer than my revlon colorstay. it gives a matte finish and is long wearing. don't know why i ever stopped using this. i prefer this over my chanel pro lumiere and this is a fraction of the cost!! hah go figure.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by arianabanana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Really like this product, the colour is fantastic and the price was reasonable too.

One thing i really liked is the pump, which distributes just the right amount of foundation too.

Love it, will continue to use it as long as it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Geraldineud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love L'Oreal products. As an African American finding the right shade. Nevertheless when your about my shade (similar to keri washington) of brown. Then I have a redish bronzish undertone. I loved L'Oreal HIP foundations because it was very sheer and gave exceptional coverage. Without making my face feel heavy. I was very dissapointed when I found that they discontinued the foundation line. So, I tried True Match and was very pleased with the result. I think it might actually be the same or very similar formula. I also love they're HIP Eyeshadows. They come in fun vibrant colors that arent matte and powdery looking. Try it im sure you'll be pleased. (If you like MAC you'll love HIP)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by aliawilk123

I like it because it doesn't break me out, my skin is soft, and it matches! yay! I also feel more attractive when I wear this particular foundation because its so light. After a while, however, it does get splotchy... like some of it fades. This can be fixed with powder touch ups though, or a more effective make up setter.