February 1, 2015 | 2057 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by annefrosty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have no trouble blending this with a sponge or brush. I found the right shade for my skin tone, though the skin-matching swatch at the drugstore certainly didn't help with that. I would definitely purchase again, especially when my skin gets extra oily in the summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by charlesechick

True match my foot! This foundation is HORRIBLE!! It was entirely too light for me, made me gray (I look like a zombie) and it broke me out. Ladies, don't waste your money!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by jess213

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was able to easily find a color match and I liked the medium coverage of this. However, it dried out the skin on and around my nose so much it started peeling and flaking off. Not pretty. I have sensitive, acne prone, combo skin BTW.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Amscee

My mom bought this for me a couple years ago for skating competitions for about $18, and I definitely didn't think much of it at first. I thought it was too dark, too beige, even though i got it in N2 Classic Ivory, which now matches my skin tone almost perfectly!
The consistency is a very creamy liquid, and it is very easy to blend into the skin to give a range of coverage, even though I think it is a fairly medium to full coverage for me when i use it.
Also, with the added bonus of SPF 17 (which is hardly noticeable - definitely good for those of us who hate the uncomfortable feeling of sunscreen on our faces!!) I can use it for full coverage on days where I will be outside.
It was a little expensive for a drugstore product, but I'm sure it has come down in price since then, and it is put on sale often.
I definitely recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Cherise1753

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because they didn't have the other brand I wanted but it worked pretty good. Maybe other people arn't getting good coverage because their putting it on wrong? I think your suppose to pat it on with a sponge or brush, then blend. Cause otherwise your just rubbing it around. But it covers good and it matched my skin tone. I got the lightest shade in the neutral undertone. Theirs warm, cool, and neutral. Warm is for people who look good in gold, cool is for people who look good in pastels, and neutral is for people who look good in basically any color or metal.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

I didn't really like this one. dosnt blend that well and coverage isn't the best. i had to go over it with a different kind of powder just to make it look great. and it feels a little greasy on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by NelStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow. I picked this foundation up from wal-mart ($11CDN) with the intention of finding a light to medium coverage liquid to even out my normal skin. It was a MUA faux pas as I didn't do my MUA product review homework first but I must say that I am very impressed!

I have been using a stick foundation for the past 2 years (Face of Australia or MAC Studio Stick) but my skin colour is lightening up (moved back to Canada!) and my go-to foundation sticks were too dark and too heavy feeling on my skin. I used to use Revlon Colorstay liquid but went for the True Match because it was cheaper, cuter and the colour seemed to match closer to my skin.

I chose Sun Glow (W6?) for my medium asian skin and it's a perfect match for me! The liquid glides on easily (I use my fingers) and provides a nice light coverage. I usually do two light applications and it evens out the slight redness in my cheeks.

I noticed that there are fine gold shimmer particles in the foundation which provides a luminous look. The shimmer doesn't bother me and it's not really noticeable unless you look very closely.

All in all I am very impressed with this product. A week into using it I have not noticed any breakouts or skin irritation (my skin freaks out when mineral makeups are used on it) and my skin looks nice and polished. I do agree with the other reviewers and think a little pump would be ideal!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by ulaxoxo

i'd say that this is the best drugstore foundation around. It's comparable to luxury makeup brands like lancome or estee lauder. I'd say the coverage is medium but its very buildable. Its blends very well and the color selection is vast. I'm n4.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I used this in various shades (finally discovered that W1, the palest shade, works best for my color-neutral lily-white skin) for YEARS and then kicked it to the curb in favor of MAC foundations. After using one and a half bottles of Studio Fix and one tube of Studio Sculpt, I have found that I want to go back to my $10 a bottle drugstore mainstay. MAC's lightest shade is too yellow for me and even with the most expensive and best face primer on the market, I still look masky.

I had been looking at $40 and $50 foundations that offered lighter shades in hopes that maybe if I paid even MORE, I might be able to get something that really was HG for me. Then, I was going through my makeup, and I had a two half used bottles of L'Oreal True Match left from when I made the switch to MAC. One was N1, the other was W1.

I applied the W1 over primer with a MAC foundation brush and set it with loose powder and I never looked better. I really did not look masky. Even under hideously unflattering fluorescent lighting, there was no change in the color of my face and my neck.

I am somewhat relieved that I found what I have always been looking for, but it is so amusing that it had been in my makeup drawer all along. I give this only 4 stars because even with a primer, it gets a tiny bit shiny before my MAC foundation does. I don't like having to run around with a brush and powder and re-powder my face every 4 or 5 hours. But the color match aspect of this outweighs that small con.

HINT: Foundation not working for you? Try a face primer first. Really. I just started using one after wearing foundation for 6 years and it makes everything so much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Shehag

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe it's a coincidence, but within one week of using this product I developed the worst cyst I've ever experienced in my life! Breakouts were actually infrequent for me. I recognize however that other variables may be responsible, so I don't want to wrongfully accuse this foundation.
Coverage was good, but it didn't seem to wear well after 4-5 hours. I'm not impressed enough w/it to risk another breakout!