L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 3/16/2010 7:06:00 PM

Ugh! This foundation may match your skin color, but it's just so unnatural looking. It looks kind of like paint (actual paint, not "face paint") on your skin. I don't see how this foundation could look natural--maybe on people with very, very oily skin--but even then, its not worth it.

on 3/15/2010 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was so let down by this foundation. I found an AMAZING match for my NC15 skin (W-1). It's actually the best match I've ever found for my skin. The coverage is wonderful. You can build it up to medium-full easily. It's a breeze to apply. I just stipple it on with my foundation brush, then blend lightly. My one and only complaint is that it makes my skin INCREDIBLY greasy, even with a generous layer of powder on top. I tried different setting powders (Physician's Formula talc-free mineral, Coty fragrance-free airspun and Laura Mercier translucent), but no success. Back to my ultra-expensive BB Skin. =(

on 3/15/2010 4:33:00 PM

I got this sometime ago, used a few times and never again. It's too dry for my combination skin.

I like True Match for a couple of reasons. First of all, I am incredibly pale and hard to color match. My skintone is neutral to cool with very pink cheeks. There are few HE foundations that I have tried that offer decent coverage and a close match. True Match in W1 is actually a better match for me than N1 (which looks way darker in the bottle.) It covers the redness in my cheeks/around my nose very well and lasts most of the day. TM does get a little dewy after a few hours, but I don't find it melts off. As I became an adult, I went from having combo-oily skin to combo-super-dry, and I've found that TM works better for me now than it did when I was 18. I have really dry, flaky skin around my nose sometimes, and TM doesn't sink in and accentuate it like others can. Overall, it isn't necessarily the best formula, but the color match and the wearability of it make it a go-to product. I wouldn't call it a HG, but of the dozens of foundations I've tried, this definitely works best.

on 3/14/2010 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this recently and have been using it semi regulary over the last few weeks. I really like it. My shade is true beige(forgot the exact shade number) and while picking it out,I was afraid it would be a little light, but it matches my skin tone perfectly. A little goes a long way and can be built up to achive more coverage. Works well around the eyes as a concealer too. I do have to use blotting papers throughout the day or night, but I also have fairly oily skin.

The only downside is the screw top, and the glass bottle. I'm always paranoid about dropping it and watching it shatter!!

I intend to repurchase this foundation as it is a very versatile product.

Edit October 22 2011.... I still use this and love it as W3 is a perfect match for me and dosen't break me out. However last night the unthinkable happened... A practically brand new bottle was knocked off my vanity and shattered on the tile. Why the hell isn't this bottle plastic??!! I took off 2 whole lippies under packaging quality.

I've used about 2 bottles of this only because it was given to me as a gift. I really don't like it. As soon as I put it on it feels super chalky and just looks terrible.

on 3/10/2010 12:42:00 PM

I like this foundation a lot. I use the W5 shade and I think this shade system really helps you to find the right one for you (unlike other brands). My HG liquid foundation is Helena Rubinstein's Color Clone in Biscuit. That one is perfect and I'd say this True Match one would be the second best (from a drugstore brand). I think it's very affordable. The texture is really easy to work with and I never look overdone (I do use a very little amount though). It gives my skin a healthy appearance. I'd recommend this product to women that want a sheer coverage and want to look more natural. (I also like the matching concealer and powder).

on 3/9/2010 7:32:00 PM

I'm really not sure about this. I love:
- the easy availability of this (any Boots or supermarket in the UK)
- the price
- the pump dispenser
- no SPF (I prefer to wear that separately underneath)
- the price is good
What I'm less keen on:
- the sparkly bits in it (although, to be fair, these seem to be more noticeable on my hand than when I actually wear it on my face)
- the coverage is ok-ish, could be better
- but mostly I have my doubts about the shade I'm currenly using - N1- which in certain lights seem absolutely fine and in others, just a bit too dark (reckon I'm about an NW15 or lighther).
But I will persevere with this until I find something else, and might experiment with C1, or try mixing the two. But really, thumbs up to L'Oreal for trying to produce pale shades.

on 3/8/2010 11:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have been using TrueMatch for over a year now. It comes in bigger variety of colors than most other foundation in that price range.
It blends very well and lasts quite long.
Biggest plus: I don't have any problems with this foundation with my hard contact lenses!

on 3/7/2010 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

True Match liquid is definitely a keeper in my rotation of HG foundations. I love that L'Oreal offers warm (W), cool (C), and neutral (N) shades ranging from very light to very dark (1-10), I was able to find a perfect match with N1.
True Match is very thin, which I like in a foundation, but it's very pigmented and provides medium-full, buildable coverage. I don't need very much concealer when I use this, even if I have active breakouts. It doesn't settle into pores, highlight old acne scars, or emphasize dry patches, which are my three biggest gripes when it comes to foundation. The above, combined with how easy this is to blend and the fact that it lasts all day, make it a winner for me.
Some reviewers have mentioned micro shimmer, which I only see in the bottle. I don't see it AT ALL when it's on, even in direct sunlight from any angle. The only time I see it on skin is when I finish applying and wipe the excess off of my hand, so don't let that scare you away. I'd say the finish is matte with just enough glow (not shimmer), I have very oily skin and I love it. It's not at all like Revlon Photoready!
My only complaint is that I wish the bottle had a pump, but it's as good as some of my HE HG's and much cheaper, so it doesn't bother me all that much.

UPDATE: Unfortunately L'Oreal has changed the formulation, and N1 is now too dark for me and more shimmery. :( I really loved the old formula...shame on L'Oreal.

Video Reviews & Tutorials