November 28, 2014 | 1920 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by graznik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this foundation when I was in high school and didn't have a lot of money to spend on make up. I'm also very pale, so most other drugstore brands don't have a shade light enough for me.

The good things about this foundation is the fact that it comes in wide selection of shades, with both cool and warm undertones. Compared to departmentstore brands, it's also fairly affordable. It never caused a break out or made my skin worse in any way. It provides some coverage without being too cakey. The packaging is pretty good too, just a simple pump function.

The not so good things about it, and the reasons that I will never buy it again, is that it's just not that good. Sure, it provides a bit of coverage. But it's not smooth or even, and the finish is too powdery. It's not very pigmented and just feels kind of watery.

The fairly affordable price makes me rate it a 3 rather than a 2.
It's just not good, but it's not terrible either.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by jetaime1

i don't understand why people are claiming this product is 'thick'?!
this is the thinnest foundation i've ever used, it feels almost water like. To me it seems that because it is so thin, you need more to cover the same area.
And it does emphasize dry patches. And it's winter here, so people are going to have dry skin. Usually if i wear this foundation i put dabs of moisturizer over top of the dry patches just to fix the problem.

I think i'll go back to revlon next time, the king of foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Chingers

Pros
- Great selection of undertones! The "warm" selection is very yellow based!
- Best for oily skin (I have normal/combination skin and crave more moisture)

Cons
- Needs to be blended very quickly before it dries to a 'powder' finish or else it will look caky
- Poor lasting power (without primer)
- Low-medium coverage at best

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I want something heavier than a tinted moisturizer I use this in C1 Alabaster, which is a perfect match for my ppp/pink-toned complexion. Applies evenly, no streaking, does not fade and is kind to my sensitive skin. It comes in a bottle and I do wish it came in a tube ... even though my hands are clean I feel like germs are getting into the packaging. Still, this is a great, inexpensive foundation that I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Reira

simple, easy-to-use product esp. with the pump. texture of foundation is really smooth.

desperately wanted to like this product but it's quite disappointing: minimal coverage, and it turns rather cakey after a few hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Yvettethecritic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I missed using liquid foundation so I bought this, I had one in G3 since I have yellow undertones. Either it's not the right color for me or the product just sucks. It made my face look unnaturally orange. I doubt it would make my face look natural even when I had the right color. The product was a little thick, and after a few hours of using it, my face looked cakey. It also broke me out after a week of usage.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. It provides sheer to medium coverage and the consistency is thin and liquidity. It has shimmer particles in it, but on my complexion the shimmer particles aren't obvious once applied. I am nc 42 in mac/Nars barcelona/MUFE HD 153, and I wear shade fresh beige w4.5, which is one of the newly added shades. I can also wear wear shade w6 sun beige. fresh beige w4.5 has a stronger yellow undertone while w6 sun beige is more yellow-beige. I

I have no issue with lasting power of this foundation. I have very oily skin and this does get shiny but I just powder touch up with the L'Oreal true match powder. My skin is very acne prone and I haven't experienced any breakouts or adverse reactions from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by rkreynolds

I had found a liquid foundation that I was happy with, but the $25 dollar price tag... I decided to look around some more. I really like true match. It's oil free (a given) and has spf 17. The texture is really great: it has sort of very light sheen to it, while also being sort of chalky. It goes on very smoothly and never looks cakey. The only thing I didn't like was how l'oreal suggested you pick your shade- by determining if you have cool, warm or neutral undertones. I had no idea. Luckily, I brought a sample of my old foundation to try and match the shades and I think I got something very similar. It has not made me break out thus far, but I am not using it every day. I will buy this again. Solid product at the right price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by lisap03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After trying many liquid foundations this one is the best for me. I am uber pale, for reference I'm a bit lighter than NW15 in MAC. I have combination skin, I am super oily in the tzone and have some occasional dry patches on my forehead and cheeks. Every liquid foundation I've tried the lightest shade has been too dark for me, so I've been using a pressed mineral powder by Physicians Formula as my foundation which I love, and have used for years but in the winter my skin just needs something more. I use translucent light in the powder and it's even a bit too dark for me but it works. I've been on the search for the perfect liquid foundation and everything I tried fell short except for this one. I bought the shade N1 soft ivory at CVS for about 9 dollars, and it's a perfect match. I couldn't be happier with the shade. I have some redness on my cheeks and it covers it beautifully. The formula is very light and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask which is a must for me I hate thick feeling makeup. It is very buildable, it can be light, medium or full coverage. I apply this with a MAC 190 and it glides on smooth and creamy but dries nicely, there's plenty of working time before it sets up. I apply it as a light coverage then the areas where I need more coverage I apply it heavier. Before I apply this to the eye area I apply too faced shadow insurance on the eyelid and to the under eye area so there's no creasing and I don't even need concealer. I set it with a loose translucent powder and my face really looks flawless. I'm so impressed with this foundation. I do have to use an oil blotter sheet mid day but that's with everything I use because my skin's so oily, and I also powder but the foundation still looks great. It doesn't oxidize or separate on my skin. Thus far this foundation has exceeded my expectations and I love that it's drugstore and cheap, you can't beat that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

This is not my primary foundation - I use MAC - but in terms of a lower cost product to blend just a little bit of a darker color with my MAC - this is the one. I think this is an excellent product for a drug store brand and there is such a great color selection, almost anyone can match their complexion to it. Good product for the price.