Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 5/22/2008 3:22:00 PM

Absolutely LOVE this cleanser. I have very sensitive skin and used clinique for a while but wanted to change things up a bit. I got this as a package and absolutley love it. Not extremely foamy, but leaves my skin feeling clean - not tight - and it is perfect for every morning use.

on 5/12/2008 1:55:00 PM

I tried this cleanser after hearing so many good things about it. I have sensitive/dry skin and I broke out after using it. I've never returned a skincare product before, but I returned this one.

on 5/11/2008 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I love this cleanser. It is gentle and it removes all of my makeup. I have even found other uses for it. It makes a great makeup brush cleanser and I've even used it to take stains off delicate sweaters. The only thing I would complain about is the bottle. It is sometimes very had to get the product out. I usually decant it some from the large bottle into the smaller 10oz squeezable bottle.

on 5/4/2008 4:48:00 PM

I love this cleanser, and will be sad when it runs out!

It takes all my makeup off easily and smells clean & fresh.

on 5/3/2008 12:12:00 AM

I love Purity Made Simple. I got it in the 32oz size during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale and it lasts forever. It takes off makeup SOOO easily. The smell isn't great compared to most Philosophy products but it's easy to ignore that. I use it along with the Micro Exfoliating Scrub and my skin always feels extremely soft afterward.

on 4/30/2008 10:34:00 PM

I used to love Purity but unbeknown to most, Philosophy has gone and changed the formula. They decreased the essential oils and increased coconut alcohol, glycerin, polysorbate 20 and carbomer. Philosophy continues to deny that it was changed when they are questioned. Then they said a surfactant was replaced. They e-mailed me saying that the original ingredient label was wrong and showed me what it should have looked like. Then showed me a 3rd label with the new surfactant. Guess what? My ingredient label didn't match any of them. I don't know what Philosophy is up to.

This new version looks to have a more yellowish cast to it. It is very watery, smells more alcoholish and is drying to the skin.

If you have an old bottle of purity compare it to the new bottles that have recently come out.

I won't be purchasing it anymore. I will go back to Cetaphil.

on 4/30/2008 8:56:00 AM

I love this product. It cleans my makeup off completely and leaves my skin with a rosy glow. It smells nice, too, but the scent is not overwhelming. The packaging is first rate, as well. It isn't cheap, but the large bottle lasts for months.

I love this product! It is an easy go to cleanser! I've tried others and nothing takes of everything like purity does!!
I love that it doesn't get all foamy. No .s.l.s is a huge bonus!
I've been using it for the last 5 years! and will use it forever!

on 4/26/2008 2:30:00 PM

I LOATHE this cleanser! I have dry skin, but THIS made it even worse. It worked alright for the first 1-2 days, but after that, it practically peeled my skin off. It made it so dry that my face actually HURT. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin at all.

on 4/26/2008 1:12:00 AM

Purity made simple? Yeah, right...with a list of 28 ingredients. Um, I don't think so. Even if most of them are natural, The best "pure" cleansers I've used have four ingredients, so I find this a little misleading. The essential oils do add a pleasant fragrance, but I prefer my cleansers to be less liquidy and suds up a little more upon application. However, I give it points for not stripping my skin.
I got this as a gift, but I doubt I'd buy it as long as Clinique keeps making their Liquid Facial Soap Mild.