Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 7/5/2002 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

What is all the fuss and why is this the number one selling mascara in America? On me, it's too thick and my lashes both clump and droop. I prefer Amplicils which is newer and has a much better formula and wand!

on 6/23/2002 10:14:00 PM

I like this for my lower lashes. It goes on really well--no clumping or smudging, and it stayed on! My lashes are naturally really long and defined so I need volume which I didn't get with this mascara--probably great for someone who has naturally thick lashes, though.

on 6/18/2002 7:15:00 PM

After reading the varied reviews on this mascara, I must say this: It must totally be based on the type of lashes we have. Just like our hair responds to different hair products, depending on our hair types. I get great predictable non-clumping, nice long, clear looking gorgeous lashes with this product. I know my sister doesn't. She has super thick, long lashes. But I think this one is the best, far better than the L'Oreal which I know is their company also.

on 6/13/2002 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very good mascara. But I get the same curvy, fat, long lashes with 3 other $7 brands I've been using as of late (Max Factor 2000 Cal Aqualash, Maybelline Volum Express and Maybelline Illegal Lengths). Same as the other lady before me mentioned, I cannot imagine dishing out $20 for something you throw away in a couple of months(for hygenic reasons). Very good mascara though for those of you who can afford it.

on 6/6/2002 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Blech. My lashes were clumpy, sticky messed. This smudged all over the place. Yuck!

on 6/5/2002 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I hated what this did for me. It made my lashes thin and spidery with little clumps. I don't understand all the hype about this mascara. EDITED TO SAY I think it might be the brush I despise, because in GWP size the mascara is awesome. I thought I was crazy, but other reviewers think this too.

on 5/25/2002 5:36:00 PM

This really defined and lengthened my lashes, but I like a mascara to thicken them more. This look is too natural.

on 5/9/2002 4:57:00 PM

I love trying new mascaras all the time, but I keep coming back to this one time after time. I love the look of mile-long, defined eye lashes, and that is exactly what this mascara gives you.

on 4/19/2002 10:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I had to find out if this was the perfect mascara it used to be 5 or 6 years ago-I was able to snag a gwp and I'm so glad I didn't shell out the full 20 for this-it stunk.My lashes stuck together,it clumped and got in my contacts.I have L'Oreal's voluminous and I'll stick with that-a better mascara for a much more reasonable price.

on 3/29/2002 8:36:00 PM

Isn't this the same as L'Oreal's Voluminous mascara, for just $13 more? It works nicely for a while, building lush lashes with no smudging or flaking, but it quickly (maybe 3 weeks?) becomes clumpy and annoying to work with. For $13 less, you can get the same clumpy mascara at the drugstore and have enough left over for a Stila eyeshadow pan. ;)