September 21, 2014 | 1765 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2002 2:23:00 PM More reviews by howard7196

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my staple mascara up until 2 years ago when, I believe, Lancome changed Definicils formulation (for the worst). I have given up on Definicls all together, but have found L'Oreal's Lash Out mascara to be a more economical replacement.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2002 7:04:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is mainly hype. I don't think it works better than any drugstore brand and the high price tag is ridiculous.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2002 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this mascara, but I don't find it to be any more remarkable than, say, a tube of Maybelline's Full and Soft. I don't think it's worth the extra bucks, when I can just as easily score a cheaper, yet similarly effective, product. Consistency is great, smell is nonexistent. Nice if this is really all you can stand to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2002 8:48:00 PM More reviews by pearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think the formula changed. A few years back this was great! No clumping, nice color, lasting coverage. I recently bought a tube in "black" and it looks grey or navy. (It wasn't just the one tube; I've gotten samples that have come out the same.) And it clumps like mad. Yuk.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2002 10:50:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about w/ this stuff. I've tried many times w/ the same outcome, clumpy, goopy, spider-leg looking lashes. It also flakes a bit as well, for the price I expect a much better product. I'm still ever faithful to Maybelline Full n Soft, never, ever clumpy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2002 2:16:00 AM More reviews by OriginalBarbie

An average mascara. I wanted to love it, but it's no better than Maybelline Volume Express, and I'd rather save my money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2002 4:34:00 PM More reviews by sweet_girl

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Itīs a great mascara and it donīt smudge. I really like it, but I use an eyelash curler first. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2002 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Deeg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! I'll never use another mascara again. The brush is the ultimate. Makes your lashes super long and the stuff lasts all day and comes off with soap and water. A miracle product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2001 5:12:00 PM More reviews by creole

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is good stuff. it makes my eyelashes look long and great. I used this after seeing a friends eyes pop. it poped mine too. I just wish I could find the same thing for a lower price.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2001 8:00:00 PM More reviews by kathfitz

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am so happy I found this stuff!!! The only other mascaras that don't irritate my eyes are MAC and Estee Lauder. But I never liked the way they went on - I have really long lashes but you'd never know it with these, plus the EL smudged after a while.

The Defencils makes my lashes really stand out. Now my fear is that they'll discontinue it!

edit 9/18/2014: I stopped using this years ago. This did smudge, a lot, and flaked.