Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 6/15/2008 9:50:00 PM

I LOVE this cleanser! It removes makeup completely and is great for de-congesting my pores! It is very effective, but not too harsh. For all of you who experienced poor reactions, did you give it a week or so? For my first three days of using it, I did break out and did get rough, red, dry patches. Day four, *poof* irritation went away as did all acne. I don't know what happened, but I've been in love ever since.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i LOVE this cleanser. Definatly my new HG. Super creamy but even on my combo-oily skin i never get oily from it. Removes all makeup and eyemakeup. The bottle lasts forever. I used the 3.5 oz bottle for three months, twice a day! My pores are tighter and my skin is clearer. definatly will be buying this again.

EDIT: Has anyone tried the new foaming version yet? I am very curious, because I love a foaming cleanser, but i am a little unsure of whether or not the actual product is more different. I am scared it will be really drying.

on 6/10/2008 4:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really great cleanser. It takes off all your makeup, even tough mascara. You can even use too much & it will never dry out your face. Definately worth trying. I think it works on any skin type. For all you foam-only girls, this does not foam up at all! It just has a really creamy feeling. Buy it! =)

on 6/9/2008 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser! Very creamy, skin never feels tight or slick after using. Removes face makeup very easily. I bought the travel size ( i think is like 3.5 oz?) for $10 at sephora and has lasted me about 2 and a half months, and im not even half way through the bottle. I bought the travel size bc i wanted to try it first, but this is my all time favorite! i had been using proactiv for years, but decided on a whim to try this. The scent smells like Aveda products, herbal..which i happen to love. I feel so refreshed after using this and never makes me break out. My skin looks amazing.

love it! very satisfied.

on 6/8/2008 11:16:00 PM

Love it!

on 6/8/2008 1:37:00 PM

I have ridiculously sensitive skin (reacts to weather changes- heat, humidity, etc.), so I don't like to try new cleansers. But the marketing team at Philosophy is just SO GOOD that I got sucked into trying Purity. Luckily, I asked for a sample from Sephora instead of actually plunking down $$$ for it. After 2 days, my face was itching like crazy so I dumped the rest down the drain. No more Purity for me.

on 6/6/2008 5:21:00 PM

Thankfully I got a sample of this from Sephora before buying because it did not work for me at all. My skin became red and irritated almost immediately. Oils and other botanical ingredients don't seem to work for me, unfortunately. My skin is oily, sensitive and hormonal.

on 6/4/2008 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is gooooooooooood!! I have used so many cleansers before, and this is one of the best so far. My skin doesn't feel oily nor dry after I use this stuff. my skin feels soft and clean. i usually use at least 2 cleansers, one makeup remover kind and another, foaming kind of cleanser. but in the morning, i can just wash my face with this stuff and be good to go!

on 6/3/2008 11:12:00 PM

I *adore* this cleanser. In addition to being very gentle and non-drying, it removes makeup ridiculously well. I have true combination skin, and many cleansers can leave my cheeks feeling too dry. Many of the "gentle" cleansers don't leave me feeling clean. Purity leaves my skin soft and clean. I find it works best putting a tiny bit on with wet hands--working it all over a dry face, letting it soak a few seconds if I have stubborn eyeliner on, and then rinsing. Sometimes I'll use this strictly at bedtime since it removes makeup so well and use a more invigorating/exfoliating cleanser in the morning.

on 6/3/2008 11:05:00 PM

non-irritating cleanser that removes oil & dirt without drying the skin. i really don't think there is anything comparable on the market.. fresh soy cleanser is a close second. update: new formula is not as good as the old one- strong smell of alcohol and more detergents. leaves skin tighter! oh well.. time to find something new.