October 1, 2014 | 1788 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2004 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara- smooth almost creamy application, seperates, didn't clump up or flake on me. The only reason I knocked off a lippie is because I prefer waterproof formulas but over all not bad!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2004 2:55:00 AM More reviews by ModChick

I purchased this thinking it would do exactly what the sales person said. Mistake. It does not plump, seperate, lengthen and it DOES clump. Two coats was disastrous. For me, this product does not work. Much better mascaras out there. If you are considering this wait for a sample to become available and save yourself the $ of full size.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2004 12:16:00 AM More reviews by kaestu

Let me first say that I have been a fan of Clinique mascaras. Lash Doubling has been my favorite for years. So I was excited to try this new one. I was very disappointed. It didn't thicken my lashes at all. They do appear a bit longer, but since they aren't any thicker, I can't even really see my lashes when I wear this...even with two coats on. And, I really had to work to get it to look even on my lashes. It clumped in some places and went on thin in others. I even tried it with the new Lash Doubling Primer and it didn't work any better. I'm bummed about it. But, at least this was a GWP so I didn't shell out the $$ for nothing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2004 5:40:00 PM More reviews by sienna0202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good mascara that did everything it promised. I got full thick, big lashes. However it seems pretty comperable to L'Oreal Double Extend on me so I doubt I'll buy it again when I can just get the Double Extend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2004 1:38:00 PM More reviews by BooTylisCiouS

I got this as a sample and I love it! When I wear it it almost looks as if it creates new lashes Love it ;) xx

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2004 7:27:00 AM More reviews by winkcat

Nice, but nothing special. Will be returning to Lancome after I've finished this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2004 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Jkiwi717

I love this mascara! I thought I had found my hg mascara with L'Oreal but I was wrong. I'm so glad I decided to try this one. I'll defintely be repurchasing this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2004 6:40:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this goes on rather wet. I love the brush. It does thicken and lengthen and can get clumpy sometimes if you overapply.however this doesn't smear, and it does dramatically improve my lashes. this is clinique's best mascara..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2004 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jbrunner76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absoultely agree with everything brigette76 said! It makes your lashes VERY full and long and dark, but it's easy to over-do it with this one. But since I've been wearing it, ladies have actually started asking me what mascara I use - so it must be working! Like brigette76 says, it gets easier to use as it gets older. But once it gets too dry to use, add just a tiny amount of water and shake - volia. new mascara!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2004 1:34:00 PM More reviews by brigette76

Let me start by saying that I like my lashes to look thick and long. And, after curling my eyelashes, this mascara certainly produces those results! Ever since I've starting using it people have actually commented on how nice my eyelashes look (ha ha!) and asking me what mascara I use. I've tried heaps of different mascaras (Max Factor 2000 calorie, Estee Lauder Pure Velvet (which was a fave until they discontinued it) and Magnascopic (which was also good, but not as good as the Pure Velvet)and Clinique Long Pretty Lashes just to name a few). Although I've been pleased with the results from these mascaras, Clinique High Impact would have to be up there as one of the best I've used. My only complaint is that you have to apply it slowly and very carefully otherwise your lashes lump together. Usually I find though that as the mascara gets older it doesn't tend to lump your lashes together as much. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd wipe off the excess mascara on the wand to avoid this problem. I'll probably try other mascaras as I like to experiment with my makeup, but I'm confident that I'd purchase this product again.