August 22, 2014 | 1979 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by rossabelle

i heard about it but have not really went to any of the counters to try it personally . Even when i had the chance to , i didnt bother until one day , a colleague of mine gave me a sample to try .
Having the right shade is my upmost important esp when buying a foundation . Tawny was the right color for me ;) as i applied on my skin, it was thick but as i blend in , it gives a very good coverage ! i kinda like it ..
i work in air-conditioned environment n usually some of my powder/foundation that i apply doesnt really last the whole day but amazingly , this estee lauder was long-wearing ..
i will definitely buy this again ;))

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by bermydevin

I absolutely love this foundation! I was a little hesitant to try this because I always associated Estee Lauder being made for older women but boy was I wrong! I have very oily skin and this stuff stays put all day long. I've read a few reviews that say it is thick but I don't see that at all. I apply it with a Mac 190 foundation brush and it goes on flawlessly. The only thing I don't like is that the bottle doesn't come with a pump but I bought one from my local Mac counter and it works perfectly you just have to trim it down a bit. Overall I am very impressed with this foundation, I've finally found a product I want to stick with. Give it a try ladies; you can get a sample from your local Estee Lauder counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by TinaL_to

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After I saw so many good reviews on this foundation since I wrote a low-rating review, which I just deleted, about six years ago, I bought it again last April. I'm not sure whether it's because my skin changed due to the aging, or the formula changed, I found it to be very natural looking and truly have a good staying power. Although I have sensitive, acne-prone combination skin, it doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. Plus, a bottle lasts slightly over a year, which is very impressive considering that I wore it five days a week. I bought another bottle last month when I finished the first one.

Just want to add that the coverage is buildable and varies depending on how much you use, how you apply it and what moisturizer or sunscreen used underneath it. When I want more coverage, I apply it by my fingers; when I want sheer coverage, I use a damp sponge to apply it. I then dust it with a thin layer of Pur Mineral 4-in-1 powder using Smashbox brush # 19. The finish is very good. For your reference, I'm using Clinique new SuperDefense SPF 25 underneath it (I decided not to repurchase this moisturizer again since it's a bit too harsh for me).

P.S. I just checked Paula Begoun's review on this product. She mentioned it's been reformulated. So, this is indeed different from the one I rated low a few years ago. Paula didn't give it an outstanding rating because the SPF is too low. However, it doesn't bother me since I always use a moisturizer with SPF 15+ before I apply any foundation. BTW, I believe this is better for oily or combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ssherices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am soooo surprised I like this soo much! When the lady matched me I thought OMG this looks to orangey. Then I got home, shook it really good and applied it with a dry cosmetic sponge. Then I finished it with coty airspun powder and a kabuki brush! HG! This stuff is amazing! Covers everything and shrinks my pores. I love this......Update: I dont wear this as much as I thought I would, I still like it but it washes me out, maybe I have the wrong color. It can look cakey at times too

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while back and had stopped using it because I wanted to sample some other foundations for summer.

Well, all the other foundations failed and I am now back with Double Wear.

DW is the only foundation that stays put all day and doesn't turn into a huge oil slick by lunch time.

It can be a bit thick, sticky, and challenging to blend, but I've found that if I use my MAC 188 (stippling) brush and just patiently keep blending, it eventually smooths out into a very natural finish.

I would describe the coverage as almost-full. It doesn't cover every little thing, but the finish is much nicer than most foundations. I think that's why some people describe it as full coverage-- because the finish really does camouflage imperfections very well.

This is not the only foundation I love, but I think it's going to be the most dependable one for summer.

I will definitely repurchase.

UPDATE: It's official; this is my HG foundation. It controls oil like no other, but without looking overly matte or dry. Nothing compares to the finish.
I also wanted to mention that for my NC30 skin, I use a combination of Sand and Tawny shades. Sadly, there is no exact match for my skin tone. And I did shell out the extra cash for two MAC foundation pumps to make sure it stays clean and easy to dispense. I love it that much.

UPDATE 5/1/10: I stopped using this again last winter. It started to feel too drying. I would say this is a good foundation for oily, acne-prone skins. But for drier skins, it may be a bit dehydrating.

I do think that a very light layer applied with a stippling brush is the best way to wear this. Otherwise, it can feel heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2009 5:32:00 AM More reviews by leia989

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the only liquid foundation I actually purchases twice in a row. It stayed in place, it didn't shine, had great coverage, and it didn't make me breakout. I usually didn't look mask-ish except when I had gotten tan or pale and probably needed to get a new shade.

I have started trying out other foundations because I wanted to see if I could find one to make me look a bit more natural. I am thinking of switching back to this one if I don't find something else soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Janelliee0x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, first things first. THIS FOUNDATION IS AMAZING! It covers so well, it's like magic in a bottle. This is coming from a person that has bad acne scars that are so hard to cover! But, this stuff covers them totally! I've tried MAC SFF and Select in NC15 & NW15 (coverage was buildable but never had time to build it up!), Loreal True Match in W2 (weard texture), Covergirl (All Foundations) in Classic Ivory (too sheer, little-no coverage), Clinique Super Fit (Lightest color was too orange), Lancome TEINT IDOLE ULTRA in Buff 2w (it worked well too but this is better) Revlon Color Stay in Buff (works like MAC Select), Maybelline Ivory products (too orange!), Almay Ivory (all)(too sheer)
Lets see I tried alot of products and let me tell you, THIS ONE IS THE BEST.
If you want to get a GOOD foundation, get this one. It lasts all day, never oxidizes or goes that ugly fake tan orange that people always look at when your on the bus!
Heres a tip, if you have oily/combination/normal/dry skin moisturize because it does have a matte finish and sometimes depending on the skin type it may look a little cakey if you dont but honestly after 10 minutes it looks wonderful!!! The color im using is Linen and it matches soo well, I added my past colors I have used in the past up above, it may help out a bit!
Hope I Helped somebody!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by jt58612

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this on at a makeup counter and it was nice at first, but I think I got matched with the wrong color. However, even if I was matched with the right color, the foundation seemed a little on the thick side for me. I felt like I was wearing a mask everywhere I went and felt really self conscience of myself. Also, when I sweat the sweat kind of just beaded up on my skin. It didn't feel natural on my skin at all. I thought the coverage was great and it won't melt on your skin when you sweat, but it's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by holly1988

This is one of my favourite foundations mainly because it stays true to colour. The shades are all very natural looking and it never oxidises on the skin.

The coverage is fairly good, I have scarring and spots and it covers them quite well. This is the closest full coverage transfer resistant foundation I have found so far and it's perfect for day wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Lazee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This looks really cakey and horrid in natural light, so you can only get away with wearing it in the evening. But be aware because the colour selection is ridiculously strange. When applied to the skin the colour looks nothing like it does in the bottle. (weird weird wied!) I was matched to shell beige which looked a gorgeous tan colour in the bottle but once applied over moisturizer it looked grey and ashy.. wtf is up with that!!? Then I tried applying it over bare skin (no moisturzer) and the colour looked a bit better but still no where as nice as in the bottle. Also It's completely flat in natural light and doesnt even cover blemishes that well! Also this made me break out everytime I wore it. It sticks to my face like paint and is very diffucult to take off. The only thing you can use to remove it completely is some over drying stripping cleanser