February 28, 2015 | 1864 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by _viridian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've strayed from this for about a year after getting tired of paying so much money for a foundation. My replacement was Revlon's color stay, which is fairly comparable. It blends well and stays put for the most part. My only problem ended up being that the shades were just too pink. In the summer it wasn't a problem because I had enough of a tan to use the shade 'Buff', which is more yellowish than their palest shade 'Ivory'. Now that it's winter again, Ivory looks terrible on my very warm skin. The skin on my neck is a totally different color than the skin on my face when I'm wearing it, it just looks BAD.. So I'm back on Double Wear because it may be expensive, but it's very high quality and does everything I need it to do - good coverage, stays put, doesn't make my skin extra oily, and best of all it's a perfect match for my yellowish pale skin (I use the shade 'Bone'). Also, I use an empty lip balm pot (clean it out well beforehand though) to pour the foundation into from the bottle, so that I can just dip my foundation brush into the pot, and apply it to my face. And when I use that up, I just pour more in. That way you don't need to worry about bacteria due to the fact that it comes in a hard to use glass bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by ClemClem

First of all, the bottle is a nightmare. You cannot control the amount of product that comes out at all! Secondly, extremely difficult to apply and blend. I tried to use just a little bit of foundation as I thought I had used too much the first time, but ended up with the same result. It is very, very cakey and emphasises little hairs on the face. It looks like foundation, rather than a second skin which is, in my opinion, what foundation should be.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by toypoodle01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. It blends easily providing you work quickly, it dries quickly and feels and looks smooth, light and natural on the skin. The finish is mat which is the only reason i marked this product down. I wouldn't necessarily say this is a bad thing, i am just so used to illuminating foundations. Its nothing a little highlighter and contour cant fix. I marked the packaging down because i would prefer a pump bottle as it takes time to tip the bottle to get some product out, this will take longer as the product diminishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by mimigirl

I've been looking for a perfect liquid foundation, and after reading some reviews- I decided to try Double Wear. This stuff is great! It covers really well without feeling heavy, it's very buildable, stays on all day, matches my skin tone beautifully, and has a nice smooth finish when applied with my MAC 187. I'm very happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 4:48:00 AM More reviews by amyplusbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product after reading reviews on here, & have a few of my friends recommend it. I have it in the shade "bone", & although it does match my skin tone, it tends to make me look even paler as the day goes on. However, the coverage is absolutely fantastic, I have combination skin, & it works fabulously. It truly does stay on all day, the only down side is it takes forever & and a day to take off! It's super duper thick, but I guess it has to be to give such magnificent coverage. It made me break out the very first time I used it, but now it's great. I would definitely recommend it to those who want a flawless coverage if you have combination/acne prone skin. But if your skin is normally clear, I'd suggest going for something a little less cakey. All in all, I love this product & I will definitely be buying it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by RnDMorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wore Estee Lauder Double Wear for a long time and loved it until I tried Rimmel Lasting Finish! It's very similiar to Double Wear, but I was able to match my very cool-toned skin better and it's a whole lot cheaper!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by abdiva24

Amazing coverage and my skin always looked flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by coconutcupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love this long wearing foundation and recommend it to everyone i know! it has buildable coverage and is capable of concealing so effectively that it has eliminates the need for an additional cover up product. it truly hides freckles and flaws completely. it's versatile because you can easily wear it with natural or full coverage. it doesn't cause blemishes but sadly doesn't control oil either but i'm still content that it never comes off on my blotting sheets. (^,^)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by jjkrh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation! After applying my primer, I use a bronzer brush to apply this foundation. I am able to buff this into my skin and it blends wonderfully and I never have tell-tale lines. My face is buffed to perfection and all those old acne scars and redness vanish. And that is with just one coat. It does dry quickly, however, I have not had a problem blending in time. I wear Shell. I am really quite fair. Usually the lightest color in any line. This color is just wonderful. I am also very very oily. I still blot a couple times per day with this, but that is a major improvement from other foundations I have tried. One thing I would change...this foundation needs a pump. I hate getting my fingers in it to get it out of the bottle. Not sanitary. All in all, this is a great foundation though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sweetwish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A little goes a long way! I use 5 dots - forehead, cheeks, chin and a tiny bit on my nose and blend well over well moisturised skin. I use my fingers as i've always found this way easier than using a brush.

I was matched 'Desert Beige' at a counter which is a really good match (for ref - I used to wear NC30 in MAC Select spf liquid). The MA put it on really thickly but I bought it anyway, knowing I could use less.

It is pretty matte so I always wear a blush over it to give my face more dimension (which i think you should do with any foundation tbh!)

You can use a MAC foundation pump with this too!