July 29, 2014 | 2050 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by jt58612

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this on at a makeup counter and it was nice at first, but I think I got matched with the wrong color. However, even if I was matched with the right color, the foundation seemed a little on the thick side for me. I felt like I was wearing a mask everywhere I went and felt really self conscience of myself. Also, when I sweat the sweat kind of just beaded up on my skin. It didn't feel natural on my skin at all. I thought the coverage was great and it won't melt on your skin when you sweat, but it's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by holly1988

This is one of my favourite foundations mainly because it stays true to colour. The shades are all very natural looking and it never oxidises on the skin.

The coverage is fairly good, I have scarring and spots and it covers them quite well. This is the closest full coverage transfer resistant foundation I have found so far and it's perfect for day wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Lazee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This looks really cakey and horrid in natural light, so you can only get away with wearing it in the evening. But be aware because the colour selection is ridiculously strange. When applied to the skin the colour looks nothing like it does in the bottle. (weird weird wied!) I was matched to shell beige which looked a gorgeous tan colour in the bottle but once applied over moisturizer it looked grey and ashy.. wtf is up with that!!? Then I tried applying it over bare skin (no moisturzer) and the colour looked a bit better but still no where as nice as in the bottle. Also It's completely flat in natural light and doesnt even cover blemishes that well! Also this made me break out everytime I wore it. It sticks to my face like paint and is very diffucult to take off. The only thing you can use to remove it completely is some over drying stripping cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ive been using this foundation for awhile now, I used to use the Double Matte but after I complained that it was a bit too heavy looking the sales girls turned me on to this. It seems to be a lighter formula than the Double Matte and it still does a great job at controlling my oily areas. Ive gone through sevearl bottles of this and its pretty much been my HG foundation. It stays on all day I can go to work and I really dont have to do any touch ups which is great. The only problem Ive had is finding the exact perfect shade for me. Id been using Linen and the girl told me it looked too dark so they sent me home with a sample of Shell and Bone I think. The shell might be a bit better but I really thought Linen was the best. Maybe they just dont have a shade that will perfectly match my super fair skin? Ive recently purchased MAC studio fix fluid in NC10 and Im giving that a try but if I dont like it I will always have my Double Wear!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In my quest for the perfect foundation, I stopped by the EL counter and sampled the wares. The clerk applied the perfect shade and I walked away with a $40 bottle of foundation. But hey, it was worth it because it was my EXACT shade, right? But the next day I applied it and it was too light! I figured she must have used a darker powder to even things out. I really liked the formula and the coverage, but I just couldn't get my color. I returned it. The search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 4:15:00 AM More reviews by bebepinkdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I will give my two sense on this foundation. Let me say that it is pretty darn good and I think my HG now for. It covers soooo well. Only thing is if you have wrinkles or any wrinkles for that matter this foundation with emphisise them. I just turned 20 and seriously I put this on and already saw a wrinkle around my mouth I never even saw before. So I would say if you are young and want a good coverage fdn go get this its amazing but when I turn 25+ I think im gonna have to look for another foundation. Overall it is really great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by colleenwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite foundation. The secret for me is to first use my daily moisturizer, wait a few minutes, then apply the foundation. This really helps it spread easier and I have found even when using the moisturizer under it, it still stays put all day. I work outside a lot and tend to get pretty sweaty in the summer and this foundation still looks great at then end of the day. I have some dark spot around my chin and this covers them beautifully all day. I think it gives imperfect skin a flawless look. I also have very sensitive skin and this has never bothered it. Will purchase forever and ever!! HG!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lilsue80

I love this foundation! i have gone through so many....and this gives the right amount of coverage and no shine! i put it on in the morning and don't even need another touch up. It stays on all day and night! i personally love the sand and tawny colors..i mix them around and its flawless!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2009 7:43:00 AM More reviews by dixie60

I tried a sample of this and it was horrid. I understand that it has good coverage but this was like clay on me. It looked really fake and made every single pore stand out. It also aged me by about 25 years. I am 25 and I had wrinkles coming out of the woodworks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by sparkleprincess81

I had been wanting a long wearing foundation since summers here are subtropically hot and humid so to consider any foundation that wasn't long wearing would be a waste of time and money. I looked first at the Revlon Color Stay foundations but really didn't find a shade that wasn't too ghostly pale or too dark and I didn't want the hassle of mixing 2 shades to get a match. Was at the EL counter last week and saw their foundation tester display. On an impulse I asked for a sample of the Double Wear. The SA was very obliging and even gave me a couple of different shades to try. The Bone was waaaay too light, gave me that ghostly look, so not good. But the Desert Beige was perfect with no pink, yellow, orange or chalky undertones. I applied the DW and went to work out, where I really sweat buckets and this foundation held up very, very nicely with no rub off or streaking at all! Didn't need to blot or powder during the day and at the end of a 14-hour day with wearing the DW it looked just as nice as it did when I first applied it. Removal takes a bit more effort, but I use a cream cleanser to remove my makeup anyway and it took the DW right off. No breakouts either, so far. The only caution I can think of is that if your skin has any dry areas be sure to moisturize well first, I noted that if I moisturized the drier parts of my face then this went on easier and also might be a good idea to exfoliate first in drier areas as well. Went back to the EL counter today and purchased the full size DW in the desert beige shade and I think this foundation will probably last me a long time. I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out. All in all, great product that really delivers on its promises.
EDIT 5/8/09 - I have found through some trial and error that for me, the best way I have found to apply the DW is with a makeup brush. It goes on really well with a makeup brush and is easily blended, much easier than a makeup sponge or my fingers. Still loving this foundation and have had absolutely no breakouts or reactions so far!