November 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by RnDMorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wore Estee Lauder Double Wear for a long time and loved it until I tried Rimmel Lasting Finish! It's very similiar to Double Wear, but I was able to match my very cool-toned skin better and it's a whole lot cheaper!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by abdiva24

Amazing coverage and my skin always looked flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by coconutcupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love this long wearing foundation and recommend it to everyone i know! it has buildable coverage and is capable of concealing so effectively that it has eliminates the need for an additional cover up product. it truly hides freckles and flaws completely. it's versatile because you can easily wear it with natural or full coverage. it doesn't cause blemishes but sadly doesn't control oil either but i'm still content that it never comes off on my blotting sheets. (^,^)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by jjkrh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation! After applying my primer, I use a bronzer brush to apply this foundation. I am able to buff this into my skin and it blends wonderfully and I never have tell-tale lines. My face is buffed to perfection and all those old acne scars and redness vanish. And that is with just one coat. It does dry quickly, however, I have not had a problem blending in time. I wear Shell. I am really quite fair. Usually the lightest color in any line. This color is just wonderful. I am also very very oily. I still blot a couple times per day with this, but that is a major improvement from other foundations I have tried. One thing I would change...this foundation needs a pump. I hate getting my fingers in it to get it out of the bottle. Not sanitary. All in all, this is a great foundation though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sweetwish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A little goes a long way! I use 5 dots - forehead, cheeks, chin and a tiny bit on my nose and blend well over well moisturised skin. I use my fingers as i've always found this way easier than using a brush.

I was matched 'Desert Beige' at a counter which is a really good match (for ref - I used to wear NC30 in MAC Select spf liquid). The MA put it on really thickly but I bought it anyway, knowing I could use less.

It is pretty matte so I always wear a blush over it to give my face more dimension (which i think you should do with any foundation tbh!)

You can use a MAC foundation pump with this too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by feebeewhiskers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Need full coverage that is going to last all day? Run to Dillard's and pick some of this up!!
Great, smooth results that really cover red and imperfections well!
As a server I really needed something that was going to last all night, some times all day- and since I usually prep it on the back of my hand, I can tell that this stuff works! At the end of my shift the spot on my hand will always still be there fresh as ever!! (if i forget to remove it before my shift that is)

A little really does go such a long way too!! My last bottle I bought a year ago and I still have half a bottle left!

I guess a pit fall for some is that special attention really does need to be given when applying! My color "Linen" matches me perfectly so even though I think I'm blended well sometimes, I won't see the thick line by my mouth or around my hair line until I hit the sunlight and wa-pah! Once dried, this stuff is no joke! It won't budge! Trying to blend it out with your fingers while on the go won't work!
Usually after applying with a brush, I will then simply run a microfiber MU sponge over the finished result to smooth and it prevents this from occurring! I also just read someone uses a kabuki to buff into the skin which sounds like a good idea!

Great value! Future buyers won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

First off, I am not a big fan of liquid foundation. I usually find liquid foundations to be incredibly unnatural looking and most liquids cause my face to look greasy within an hour or two. Double wear lasts about 5 hours on me without shine, after that I need to blot or touch up with powder. Although I tend to look oily after about 5 hours, the foundation lasts all day. Estee lauder's color matching system is easy to understand, which is a plus as many other brands do not offer consumers a well organized, easy to understand color match system. The foundation looks most natural when applying a minimal amount, and I like to also apply a dusting of oil absorbing powder for a nice matte finish. The price is reasonable, and if you have combination skin or oily skin then you might want to consider trying out double wear. I also would like to mention that this product claims to leave a semi-matte finish, which is not true. The finish is a little dewy. Another potential downside is that EL does not offer a selection for very fair skin tones. My skin is fair, and I use ecru, if my skin was any lighter this line would not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by dechn

I love this foundation! Best foundation of all that I have tried so far! (Among all foundations that I tried: Chanel, Dior, La Mer, La Prarie.. etc) Really good for combination/oil skin. Great coverage- just wish it had more shades to choose from and the package could be a little nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by gore0030

OMG I love this foundation. Only put a little on and applyed fairly fast (as had read about it being hard to apply) and got a flawless finish well worth the rather expensive price tag! I was a little worried as have read mixed reveiws but this was exactly what I was hoping for. An easy to apply smooth make up with lasting powers! This is the first day i've used it so ill get back to you if i change my mind! =)
# Update. When my husband saw me he said I looked like a doll and it was the best my make up had ever looked apart from our wedding. I think this is my new fav make up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by rinsrevenge

Colour match is good and it doesn't streak or cake, even on my oily t-zone. But the foundation feels pretty heavy and if you apply too much, you end up looking overly made-up.

I don't particularly dislike this product, but neither am I head-over-heels in love with it. It's expensive (it's EL after all), but I don't think the price justifies what this foundation is all about. It's not a miracle worker, it feels basic not luxurious, and I do think that you can get more cost-effective foundations that do the job without burning a hole in your pocket.