November 25, 2014 | 1807 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Primer Potion would be one of my desert island picks, so I thought that a similar product from TF that came in a much-more-convenient/sanitary tube would be beyond perfect. Oddly enough, despite how much others love this for me it just doesn't compare to Primer Potion. It seems to dull my shadows and liners a bit, and doesn't extend their wear nearly as long as PP does. It's definitely better than nothing but fails to meet my expectations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this primer! I decided to try it after hearing the raves on the boards...and after being sick and tired of UDPP packaging! I like UDPP, but hate the packaging and the dryness of the primer. TFSI fixed both of my primer issues!
The packaging on TF shadow insurance is perfect for this kind of product (IMO). I find this slightly less drying than UDPP, but just as long wearing. I find it easier to spread on my eyelids. It also looks less chalky after it dries. My shadows go on vibrant and I get no creasing. I will continue to buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2008 4:20:00 AM More reviews by ickdragon

Too Faced Shadow Insurance worked well enough for me in the beginning. I still had creasing towards the end of the day and my eyeshadow definitely looked faded. Since this was my first time using a shadow primer, I figured it wasn't the actual product because I have really oily eyelids to begin with. Then I tried Urban Decay's Primer Potion and well, it was TFSI's fault! After using UDPP for a couple of months and having great results, I'm sorry to say that TFSI just doesn't match up. It's really too bad because TFSI has a better product design which gives you more bang for your buck. I haven't had to perform surgery (yet) on my UDPP to gain access to the remaining product, but I already feel annoyed at the prospect. For those of you gals who have had luck with TFSI, I'm happy for you because it is a good product; it's just wasn't the right fit for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by glossbliss

How did I ever put my MU on w/o this is a mystery, jk, but I'll def never go w/o it again.

Pros:
-Hygienic package
-A little of it goes a long way
-Ads loads of lasting power to MU
-No creases anywhere

Neutral:
- I didn't notice any out of this world help with blending or e/s intensity although it does improve both somewhat.

A must have IMO, will def buy again and again and again until I can get my hands on UDPP and compare the two (Bloody Italy with no UD :^P) and see what all the fuss is about lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

how did i ever live without this? im sure many of the people who reviewed this before me thought the same thing because it just makes shadows look and last so much better. theres no dryness or flaking and i have not detected any irritation so far. it even made my vincent longo wet diamond eyeshadow look soft and vibrant (that shadow is the epitome of chunky glitter and fall out central). though it can crease if you like to use certain cream shadows over this and under eyeshadow, in general it does the trick. just get this because it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I want to marry this if I could. It truly keeps my eye makeup from creasing or fading from morning until night, even on hot humid days. I apply a thin layer of this after I've washed my face in the morning, let it dry and then dust a light coating of Alima Satin Finishing Powder before I apply any eye makeup. I've used Shadow Insurance underneath all kinds of eye makeup, from inexpensive drugstore brands all the way to high end stuff, including liquid eyeliner, cream and powder eyeshadows, mineral mica eyeshadows - it all stays put with this primer. I've tried a few other primers and the closest to the effectiveness of TFSI for me is Lumene's. I was torn between this one or UDPP but after reading so much about the horrendous wand design of the "genie" bottle, I decided to opt for this easy to use squeeze tube instead. So glad I did. The 11mL tube cost me $24cdn at Sephora, which is kind of pricey for a teeny tiny item, but since it's such a miracle product for me, I will fork over my money to replace this once I finish the tube. If my Lumene tube is any indication (similar size, Lumene is 10mL), this will last me at least 3 years with daily use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is 87 kakillion, fafillion, malillion times better than UDPP. Sorry, it is. First it works for all lid types, not just oily. Second, unlike UDPP, it does not over dry lids (which can lead to a whole series of medical problems). Thirdly, it holds the true color of your eyeshadow while still allowing you to blend it. Most importantly, it comes in a squirt tube. With UDPP, you have to cut it open to get out your full product. All the sawing action creates particles which then get into the UDPP you're trying to save. Tres nasty.

TFSI works great on my oily lids without creasing and I will never betray it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you want an eyeshadow base that has the gives your eyeshadows that right balance of staying power, blendibility (I know, not a real word!) and intensity of colour then this is the one you're looking for.
Comparison tests with UDPP that I did have them neck-a-neck for staying power, but TFSI wins hands down when it comes to ease of blending. It also seems gentler on my lids (UDPP dried them out and made them look crinkly).
The squeeze tube is fantastic - hygienic, no wastage, and squeezes out just the right amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by mishirosan89

I first got this product from Ulta over 6 months ago. The lady working there recommended this or UDPP. But since I wasn't a fan of using a wand and having to cut it open to get the stuff out of it, I chose shadow insurance. Looking back on it now, I'm glad I made that decision to get this product instead. I like this product a lot. It works really well for me. I also like how it doesn't react to my egzima since for the past few years I've been getting egzima around my eyes. Luckily, I haven't gotten an allergic reaction from using this product. I also converted my sister into using this product as well. Maybe I'll give UDPP a chance someday....when they package it better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ericaberryy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very happy with this. Goes on nicely, my shadow last longer and it doesnt crease.