July 28, 2014 | 1953 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by stephiekins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is very similar to UD Primer Potion, of course. I have been using both to try figure out which one I like better, but I still can't decide! They are almost exactly the same except that Shadow Insurance lets you blend shadows a little better, but they both hold eye makeup on awesomely. Shadow Insurance has better packaging than the impossible UDPP bottle, but I'm still undecided. I guess I'll just continue to alternate and then rebuy whichever I like better when they run out :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 12:02:00 PM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was drawn to this because it was touted as being as good as UDPP but with the added bonus of much better packaging.
In some areas it exceeds UDPP; the previously mentioned packaging issue (the squeeze tube is so much more sanitary & there's less waste), it makes blending your shadows far easier than UDPP, feels lighter & less drying on the eyelids than UDPP.
It doesn't seem to hold up quite as well as UDPP, after a few hours I get a small amount of creasing on the inner corners of my eyes with TFSI. The outer eye area holds up just fine though.
Having played around, I've found that applying a very light layer of powder before TFSI makes all the difference for me. Wear-time is prolonged by a considerable amount. Now that I've discovered this little trick, I'm quite happy to carry on buying this over UDPP.
EDIT - This has definitely left my UDPP in the dust. I'd been using this exclusively for several weeks when hubby pointed out that I hadn't been complaining of weeping, stinging eyelids for a while. I've stopped using UDPP completely now & haven't had the problem since. HG for my poor suffering eyes.
EDIT - 17/02/2010: I've been using the new UDPP in Eden & it blows this out of the water. Even though it's still a great primer, it does crease where as Eden doesn't. Have taken another lippie off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by jse23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! My eyeshadow lasts all day, with no creasing whatsoever. It doesn't feel greasy, and I only need the tiniest amount. I'm hooked for life!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

While this works just as well as as UDPP, I find that the packaging is better.You know how much is left, unlike with UDPP's "genie" bottle. I also prefer to apply my primer with a concealer brush instead of the wand (the UDPP comes with.)

This product also works well for "faux" foiling with loose e/s pigments or mineral makeup e/s. ("True" foiling is done with water or a liquid mixing medium.) Place a little bit of SI in a dish, sprinkle a little e/s on top, mix with a synthetic bristle (e/s or concealer) brush and apply. (You may need to experiment with the amounts of SI and e/s until you get the desired results.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 8:32:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, this is only my second review after being a MUA addict for a year, but I really wanted to write and say how much I absolutely love this product! I've used UDPP, and was only happy with it for about a week....although it definitely made my eye shadow last all day, it emphasized every bit of aging my 41 year old eyelids have undergone to this point. So my eyelids looked very crepey but nicely shadowed all day!! What I love most about the Shadow Insurance is that I haven't sacrificed the wear of the shadows for the appearance of my eyelids. It's not that the TFSI hides crepey-ness, but it just doesn't emphasize it the way the texture of the UDPP does. And yes, there is no comparison between the two packaging systems...the squeezy tube wins hands down. I can't imagine buying any other shadow primer again as long as this is on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by shmoopy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It works as well as UDPP to keep me crease-free, but doesn't dull down my shadows! Yay for TFSI! 8-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 7:37:00 AM More reviews by huamao

Love this stuff. Somehow I feel this spreads better than UDPP. Makes e/s last.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by sactonina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for a week and consciously compared to UDPP, the only primer I have used for a year. Here are my conclusions: they are essentially the same in performance, but less product is needed with TFSI to achieve the same effect, and the packaging is perfection, whereas....well---- we all already know about the genie bottle and the disappearing potion. Hooray! Another fabamundo primer option!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, sorry, havenít tried UDPP, canít compare the two:( I donít even have oily eye lids to begin with and usually I do not have a problem with eye shadows creasing on me. However, with the humid weather this summer has brought, I do notice now at the end of the day some creasing and fading with several of my favourite brands. I decided to buy this one instead of UDPP because of reading how awful UDPP packaging is, how you have to chop open the bottle to get a lot of un-reachable product outÖ yeah, that really turned me off. Anyways, TFSI has been a success for me and I feel pretty lucky that the first e/s primer I have ever tried ended up being an HG product for me. I donít plan on trying any other similar productsÖ. This one is easy so apply, goes on very smoothly and absorbs very quickly. It isnít drying, even on my prone-to-dryness lids. Iíve tried cream, powder, and loose e/s products over this and they are all easy to apply and blend. It does not alter the colours at all. Does what itís supposed to do without any of the negatives assocaited with e/s primer. I'll definitely continue to use this throughout the summer. For what itís worth, I recommend TFSI.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by samana01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always had trouble with eyeshadows and liners creasing on me within a few hours. I bought this over UDPP because I didn't want to deal with the crappy packaging.

I apply this all over my lid to my eyebrow. I wait a few minutes, then I apply eyeshadow as usual.

I love this stuff! With this on, my eye makeup lasts all day! Once I even fell asleep with my makeup on (I know, bad). It smudged a little, but other than that it was pretty much intact. Now I use this every day, even if I'm just putting eyeliner on.