Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 10/22/2008 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Fantastic product! Yay! Holds everything perfectly in place until you remove it. Smooth and lightweight on lids. Perfect shade (unlike, for instance, Mally's heavier, darker primers). I use a tiny bit under my lower lashes as well, and shadow, pencil or liner there also remains all day. Many primers instantly darken and intensify color applications, requiring a touch so light it's hard to achieve (unless you like that bruised, ultra-urban, I'm-an-addict look). Not this one - shadow and liner remain true. I too prefer this to UDPP. Well worth buying.

on 10/21/2008 3:57:00 PM

Fantastic eyeshadow primer! I got a sample of it with some online order, and I love it! I have been using UDPP before and I like it, but this primer is a lot better. I use less of it, it blends with the lid color better and dries faster. And I cant feel it on my lids like I can feel UDPP if that makes any sense. I am still using the tiny sample, but will buy a full size tube as soon as I run out. Fantastic primer, do not hesitate to buy it!

on 10/21/2008 9:45:00 AM

I love this product!

I had been using L'Oreal's shadow base, which was working fine, but this product is doing a much better job for me. It keeps the shadow in place, looking as bright and fresh as when I first apply it, all day long. That's amazing to me - since most of my shadows, even with base, would fade and crease due to my oily lids.

Anyway, I use this product alone with a bare face because it evens out my lids' skin tone.

Very happy with this - highly recommended. It does seem high at $17 (Sephora) but I use hardly any so I think this will last a very long time.

on 10/20/2008 12:02:00 AM

I got a sample of Shadow Insurance when I ordered some mascara from Too Faced online and I love it! It really works great on my oily lids, which is surprising. In my opinion, it works as well as MAC Paints do. Although Shadow Insurance is cheaper & the packaging is way better. It annoys me that MAC Paints' packaging is so messy & fussy. With Shadow Insurance eye shadows are still easy to blend & don't crease throughout the day. I'm notorious for wearing my makeup for about 13 hrs before finally washing it off haha so this product really does its job & more =)

on 10/19/2008 1:48:00 AM

Best eyeshadow primer on the market! It's nice and creamy and doesn't dry your lids out. The packaging is simple and chic and doesn't obstruct you from getting 100% of your money's worth. Try it today and you will not be disappointed!

on 10/18/2008 11:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

In every aspect of this product, it is better than Urban Decay. The packaging is easier to access, the product is CREAMIER but won't crease. It does make eyeshadows stick to your eyelids better. You can BLEND your eyeshadow better, and lasts as long as U.D. Due to U.D.'s disrespectful way of not listening to their customers of packaging complaints with their Primer Potion. I will never buy their product again. I love Too Faced so much, it's my newest HG!!

on 10/16/2008 9:27:00 PM

Amazing product. My eyemakeup stays on and looks fresh from 8AM to 9PM. I love shadow insurance

on 10/16/2008 2:13:00 AM

I love this primer, I prefer it to a mac paint b/c it's less heavy and to an UDPP b/c of its more user friendly and hygenic packaging. It always keeps my shadows from creasing and brings out their colours. Also, I find I don't use very much of it at all.

on 10/15/2008 1:26:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! I have really oily lids and without a primer, my eye shadow creases within a couple hours. But when I put shadow insurance on, my eye shadow lasts through a work out without creasing! It's been a life saver for me, better than any other primer I have tried.

I like Too Faced Shadow Insurance a whole lot better than Urban Decay Primer Potion. Shadow Insurance comes in a tube so you'll get your money's worth of the product, unlike Urban Decay (The cute genie bottle robs you of the product content. You have to cut it open to get the rest of it out). Another reason why I prefer Too Faced over Urban Decay is that the consistency of the product is smoother; therefore, it's easier to blend it on your eyelids. This also makes blending eyeshadows easier. My eyeshadow stays creaseless for hours. Some people like Too Face Shadow Insurance more than Urban Decay Primer Potion...Some like Urban Decay more than Too Face. I suggest that you experiment and decide which one works best for you. :-)