October 24, 2014 | 1754 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is 87 kakillion, fafillion, malillion times better than UDPP. Sorry, it is. First it works for all lid types, not just oily. Second, unlike UDPP, it does not over dry lids (which can lead to a whole series of medical problems). Thirdly, it holds the true color of your eyeshadow while still allowing you to blend it. Most importantly, it comes in a squirt tube. With UDPP, you have to cut it open to get out your full product. All the sawing action creates particles which then get into the UDPP you're trying to save. Tres nasty.

TFSI works great on my oily lids without creasing and I will never betray it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you want an eyeshadow base that has the gives your eyeshadows that right balance of staying power, blendibility (I know, not a real word!) and intensity of colour then this is the one you're looking for.
Comparison tests with UDPP that I did have them neck-a-neck for staying power, but TFSI wins hands down when it comes to ease of blending. It also seems gentler on my lids (UDPP dried them out and made them look crinkly).
The squeeze tube is fantastic - hygienic, no wastage, and squeezes out just the right amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by mishirosan89

I first got this product from Ulta over 6 months ago. The lady working there recommended this or UDPP. But since I wasn't a fan of using a wand and having to cut it open to get the stuff out of it, I chose shadow insurance. Looking back on it now, I'm glad I made that decision to get this product instead. I like this product a lot. It works really well for me. I also like how it doesn't react to my egzima since for the past few years I've been getting egzima around my eyes. Luckily, I haven't gotten an allergic reaction from using this product. I also converted my sister into using this product as well. Maybe I'll give UDPP a chance someday....when they package it better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ericaberryy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very happy with this. Goes on nicely, my shadow last longer and it doesnt crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by britterp

I had been researching for awhile trying to figure out which was the better primer, Shadow Insurance or UDPP. I couldn't find a definite answer online so I decided to just go to Ulta and try them. Well Ulta made my decision really easy by not even having any UDPP in stock. I bought the Shadow Insurance and I love it. I saw several people complain about oil that came out of the tube but I haven't had any problems with that. It goes on smoothly, my eye shadows stay on all day with no creasing, and it has better packaging that UDPP. The only disadvantage this product has is that it's $1 more than UDPP. I'll contiue to pay the extra $1 and be able to use all of the product without having to cut it open.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used MAC paints or paint pots for years as eye shadow primer. I have also used MAC fluidlines, which also make a great primer. But they are kind of heavy on my lids, and because they're pigmented, I wanted another option. I decided to give in and purchase this because of all the hype. It's very light and blends into the eyelid, once applied. My eye shadow was vibrant and lasted all day without creasing, and I've used it almost two weeks now every day. I will continue to use this as a primer because of its lightness and invisibility. Yes, it's expensive, but it'll probably last for a really long time. You only need a little bit on each eyelid. I apply TFSI with my fingers usually. I love this product and will use it repeatedly.

UPDATE 1/1/10: This is my favorite eye primer. I have used Benefit F.Y.Eye (eyeshadows don't crease, but they fade), UDPP, as well as Laura Mercier's Eye Basics as a base. TFSI is the best of them all! Plus, it doesn't leave your eyelids dry, like the Benefit one does.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I ventured out to ULTA a day or two ago to try this stuff. I would probably never in a million years go out and by a $17 "primer" or JUST my eyelids, because I'm quite poor... but with my eyeshadows not staying put even for LESS than an hour some days... I wasn't able to wear my shadows anywhere. What's the point of even having them if I can't even wear them?! I heard a TON of hype over Urban Decay Primer Potion but decided to try this instead because of their packaging difficulties. [So cute though!]. In most of the reviews I have seen, TFSI has a better color payoff and lasts just as long as UDPP. :) The packaging for this is not as cute as UDPP... but you will def. get all of your product out without having to cut your bottle in SECTIONS to get over half of the product out. I'm all for paying a freaking dollar more just so I don't have to do that! It's more sanitary as well. This goes on great though and you don't need but just a teeny bit. I put on a loose eyeshadow over this [Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush - Which I could NEVER wear] and not only did it make the color pop... it lasted from 8am until 11pm+ through working and everything. That has never happened before! So...I only have had this product for acouple days. I will edit more when I have used it for about a week! As of now... I'm likin' it!

Edit: 04.13.2010
Whomp. Whomp. Whomp. I've found a new love... and it's the E.L.F [eyes. lips. face] eye primer from their original line. It's a whopping $1. It works just as well as this, if not better in my opinion. This is still a great product, especially if you're not an online shopper. E.L.F is supposed to be available @ Target and it's not in any of my local ones yet. I'm so glad I don't have to pay $17 bucks anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by yoyomofo

i'm fairly new to shadow primer all around but after reading all the hype of udpp on this site i sucked it up and bought some from sephora. when i ordered udpp i was able to get a free deluxe sample of tfsi. i tried the udpp first but was super annoyed with the packaging and found it a little dry. if you use the wand to apply the pp, you end up having to use your fingers to properly apply it anyways. and then when you put the wand back in the bottle, half of the product that's still on the wand, doesn't go back in the bottle, it ends up on the mouth of the container and then ends up getting wasted because it dries up in the lid. what a waste! so after a couple days of this i decided to give my tfsi a try. it's a precision squeeze tube which lets you take out the perfect amount of product on to your finger and then you smear it around with that finger (way more sanitary since there is no applicator going back into the tube). this way you will also be able to use ALL of your product with none drying up in the lid or being left in the bottom of the oddly shaped udpp bottle. the formula is less dry and applies more smoothly. i find it's got pretty much the same staying power as udpp, too! my only problem is that it's a little more expensive than udpp but for packaging, it's well worth it! for reference, my lids are not super oily so i can't vouch for people with oily lids but normal-slighly oily lids will do fine with this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this product, and a lot more so than UDPP. I wear shadow insurance everyday for work and uni -- it keeps my shadows on all day long with no fading or creasing. Doesn't irritate the eyes even with daily use. Packaging is cute and practical. Can be used with both cream and powder shadows. Makes my shadows more vibrant in colour and allows me to blend them easily with no trouble. Would definately repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by mrsrjizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I feel it does what it says it will and I like its packaging compared to others of its kind. Its not heavy. But very light on the skin. I still always forget to use it and reach for my paintpots instead.