October 31, 2014 | 1508 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2008 4:20:00 AM More reviews by ickdragon

Too Faced Shadow Insurance worked well enough for me in the beginning. I still had creasing towards the end of the day and my eyeshadow definitely looked faded. Since this was my first time using a shadow primer, I figured it wasn't the actual product because I have really oily eyelids to begin with. Then I tried Urban Decay's Primer Potion and well, it was TFSI's fault! After using UDPP for a couple of months and having great results, I'm sorry to say that TFSI just doesn't match up. It's really too bad because TFSI has a better product design which gives you more bang for your buck. I haven't had to perform surgery (yet) on my UDPP to gain access to the remaining product, but I already feel annoyed at the prospect. For those of you gals who have had luck with TFSI, I'm happy for you because it is a good product; it's just wasn't the right fit for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by glossbliss

How did I ever put my MU on w/o this is a mystery, jk, but I'll def never go w/o it again.

Pros:
-Hygienic package
-A little of it goes a long way
-Ads loads of lasting power to MU
-No creases anywhere

Neutral:
- I didn't notice any out of this world help with blending or e/s intensity although it does improve both somewhat.

A must have IMO, will def buy again and again and again until I can get my hands on UDPP and compare the two (Bloody Italy with no UD :^P) and see what all the fuss is about lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

how did i ever live without this? im sure many of the people who reviewed this before me thought the same thing because it just makes shadows look and last so much better. theres no dryness or flaking and i have not detected any irritation so far. it even made my vincent longo wet diamond eyeshadow look soft and vibrant (that shadow is the epitome of chunky glitter and fall out central). though it can crease if you like to use certain cream shadows over this and under eyeshadow, in general it does the trick. just get this because it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I want to marry this if I could. It truly keeps my eye makeup from creasing or fading from morning until night, even on hot humid days. I apply a thin layer of this after I've washed my face in the morning, let it dry and then dust a light coating of Alima Satin Finishing Powder before I apply any eye makeup. I've used Shadow Insurance underneath all kinds of eye makeup, from inexpensive drugstore brands all the way to high end stuff, including liquid eyeliner, cream and powder eyeshadows, mineral mica eyeshadows - it all stays put with this primer. I've tried a few other primers and the closest to the effectiveness of TFSI for me is Lumene's. I was torn between this one or UDPP but after reading so much about the horrendous wand design of the "genie" bottle, I decided to opt for this easy to use squeeze tube instead. So glad I did. The 11mL tube cost me $24cdn at Sephora, which is kind of pricey for a teeny tiny item, but since it's such a miracle product for me, I will fork over my money to replace this once I finish the tube. If my Lumene tube is any indication (similar size, Lumene is 10mL), this will last me at least 3 years with daily use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is 87 kakillion, fafillion, malillion times better than UDPP. Sorry, it is. First it works for all lid types, not just oily. Second, unlike UDPP, it does not over dry lids (which can lead to a whole series of medical problems). Thirdly, it holds the true color of your eyeshadow while still allowing you to blend it. Most importantly, it comes in a squirt tube. With UDPP, you have to cut it open to get out your full product. All the sawing action creates particles which then get into the UDPP you're trying to save. Tres nasty.

TFSI works great on my oily lids without creasing and I will never betray it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you want an eyeshadow base that has the gives your eyeshadows that right balance of staying power, blendibility (I know, not a real word!) and intensity of colour then this is the one you're looking for.
Comparison tests with UDPP that I did have them neck-a-neck for staying power, but TFSI wins hands down when it comes to ease of blending. It also seems gentler on my lids (UDPP dried them out and made them look crinkly).
The squeeze tube is fantastic - hygienic, no wastage, and squeezes out just the right amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by mishirosan89

I first got this product from Ulta over 6 months ago. The lady working there recommended this or UDPP. But since I wasn't a fan of using a wand and having to cut it open to get the stuff out of it, I chose shadow insurance. Looking back on it now, I'm glad I made that decision to get this product instead. I like this product a lot. It works really well for me. I also like how it doesn't react to my egzima since for the past few years I've been getting egzima around my eyes. Luckily, I haven't gotten an allergic reaction from using this product. I also converted my sister into using this product as well. Maybe I'll give UDPP a chance someday....when they package it better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ericaberryy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very happy with this. Goes on nicely, my shadow last longer and it doesnt crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by britterp

I had been researching for awhile trying to figure out which was the better primer, Shadow Insurance or UDPP. I couldn't find a definite answer online so I decided to just go to Ulta and try them. Well Ulta made my decision really easy by not even having any UDPP in stock. I bought the Shadow Insurance and I love it. I saw several people complain about oil that came out of the tube but I haven't had any problems with that. It goes on smoothly, my eye shadows stay on all day with no creasing, and it has better packaging that UDPP. The only disadvantage this product has is that it's $1 more than UDPP. I'll contiue to pay the extra $1 and be able to use all of the product without having to cut it open.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used MAC paints or paint pots for years as eye shadow primer. I have also used MAC fluidlines, which also make a great primer. But they are kind of heavy on my lids, and because they're pigmented, I wanted another option. I decided to give in and purchase this because of all the hype. It's very light and blends into the eyelid, once applied. My eye shadow was vibrant and lasted all day without creasing, and I've used it almost two weeks now every day. I will continue to use this as a primer because of its lightness and invisibility. Yes, it's expensive, but it'll probably last for a really long time. You only need a little bit on each eyelid. I apply TFSI with my fingers usually. I love this product and will use it repeatedly.

UPDATE 1/1/10: This is my favorite eye primer. I have used Benefit F.Y.Eye (eyeshadows don't crease, but they fade), UDPP, as well as Laura Mercier's Eye Basics as a base. TFSI is the best of them all! Plus, it doesn't leave your eyelids dry, like the Benefit one does.