July 28, 2014 | 2006 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by APRjmar

Great coverage but at the same time it leaves your face looking SO cakey. I much rather go for the natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by jameelaxx

I do like this product. Many people say that it makes them breakout but i haven't had that problem and I've been wearing it for a solid two months. I do wish it came with a pump, but for that, its an extra five bucks. I also wear it with my mineralized skin finish natural by mac and it gives my face a really nice finish. It is quite expensive but it fives you a medium-full coverage look, if you so desire.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Luvreia

I might just have found my holy grail foundation. Not too sure as I'm such a makeup newbie. So far the studio fix fluid has been a near perfect match for my skin (no two tone effect at neck) and is reasonably easy to blend. I'm wearing it for the first time for almost 8 hours by now and it still looks fine, slightly shiny but nothing some loose powder can't fix. In fact, I quite like that it looks more dewy than oily. Shall see if it breaks me out, which is the real test.

So far only gripe is the packaging. If they're not going to provide a pump, they might as well have put it in a jar so at least its easier to dip my brush in. The bottle is possibly the worst packaging foundation could possibly come in.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by CactusWren

I used this product for approximately two weeks. I applied it with a brush and tried it with a primer as well as without a primer. I wanted to like this foundation but it broke me out. I did notice that if I applied concealer first as sort of a buffer - my skin seemed a lot calmer. The smell is pretty strong as lasts a while (I think until you get used to it). Coverage is great - I didn't need much to cover up hyper-pigmentation from old acne - especially when applying with a stiff brush. The price is decent (I paid $26.00). Unfortunately, I ended up returning it to the store and returning to my hunt for that elusive HG foundation...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has been my staple liquid foundation for 2 years. Until now it's one of the few liquid fndts that never broke me out and I have to say I'm surprised that the one fndt that it never broke me out is from Mac. I've also tried the powder form and it broke me out, I also tried the Face & Body from Mac and this one broke me out too. SFF has a thick consistency especially after the 1st year. I use the NC25, which is the right tone for me but very yellow, and that makes me look sick sometimes and I need more bronzer when I use it, to make my skin look healthy again. I'm a C shade at Stila, and #5 at YSL and until now the #5 from YSL it's the exact shade for my skintone , same with my neck, and no yellow or pink in it, it's a light to medium warm beige, and I wish Mac had warm beige shades, because not all warm skintones are yellow and can pull off the NC shades. I hate the fact that the NC shades are very yellow and the NW very pink, and that's a reason why I propably I won't repurchase it again, but I never say never because if I'll try other fndts and all will broke me out I'll come back to it. One more reason why I don't like it is that even though I have oily skin, I have some dry spots from dehydration, on my cheeks and around my mouth and SFF is the worst fndt for dry spots, it makes them soooo visible, I can say 10 times more visible. Overall I love the price of the SFF and the fact that it never broke me out, I'm going to try the new YSL Teint Resist since YSL carries the perfect shade for my skintone, but if this one will broke me out I will come back to my SFF.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a very good foudation, good coverage, but i find that it looks cakey on me because i have huge pores. Even over a face primer. Because of the price and the no pump packaging, i wont be buying this no more. This works the same as the Revlon ColorStay Foundation, i prefer that over this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by KSnooks1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this foundation, but alas, MACs colour range just isn't varied enough for me! I am very very pale and I purchased NC15, the lightest colour (the make-up artist said it would be my colour) and it just makes me look orange. My face ends up looking a completely different colour to the rest of my pale body. They need to invent a N-10 or 05 in my opinion for the ghosts out there!

It has a very heavy coverage as well, and can look cakey and noticeable. Packaging is sleek and sexy though. I'd recommend buying the pump for an extra few pounds!! Xx

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by sunlit

This is a pretty good foundation only if I follow instructions by one of the Mac Artisits. I prime first and wait for it to dry. I put a small amount onto a pallet and mix with a pinch of vanilla pigment to make it luminous. I then apply it with the large Fibre Optic Mac Brush (the one with the white ends). Using this method I get amazing luminous bright skin, but unfortunately it doesn't last for as long as I'd like.

If i don't prime it goes into lines when I smile or laugh, and even after priming, if I'm out all night it does seem to sink into any creases. If I apply it with a different brush, fingers or sponge it looks terrible but the way I apply it is suprisingly quick and blends itself perfectly.

My skin is perfectly toned no pigmentation or acne or acne scars and nothing to cover as such and is normal - not dry or oily. I have heard it's not so good for acne prone skin.

Edit: I've since found RCMA foundation and won't look back at this now. It pales significantly in comparison.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Ravenus

Good coverage , but doesn't look inperceptibly smooth on application like High Definition makeup , which is something I always look for .
The colour was a bit to dark for my skin but wearable (NC15) .
Most of all after one day , it started to clog my pores (sensitive,acne-prone,combination skin), most notabily along my jawline .....and caused me some serious acne which I have never experienced before .....and my skin is still struggling to return to its normally 95% clear state ....... :-PPP . I found Select Foundation to be the least reactive with my skin - hardly any eruptions but then it also didn't cover very well-probably light to medium and wasn't very moisturising , a little dry in fact ... still I might return to it just becos the colour matches me well and that its doesnt break me out and looks relatively smooth on application .

Right now on La Prairie Cellular Complex Powder Foundation due to my skin breaking out at Boo ....and this is supposed to not do that from the reviews - just want it to stabilise , and see how it goes ....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by hishipsandhers

I'm not sure why it has so many reviews raving about it. Its nothing special. I found better foundation at the drug store. Nevermind the MUA matched me as NW15 and i looked like a pumpkin!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No