L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 5/14/2010 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff. Before I found out about L'oreal True Match I was using $40 Laura Mercier liquid foundation. If I had known how great True Match was I wouldn't have been throwing away that much money.

I love how you can find your skin tone with the little swatches the store provides and in the past I've always looked like I was wearing make up b/c I could never find the exact color. So I always looked kind of orangy no matter how much I blended down to my neck, the color was always a bit off.

I also love how matte the make up comes out on your face. I have uneven skin tone, some red blotches if I'm a little irritated, and the occasional break-outs and these cover everything beautifully and with a smooth finish.

This doesn't irritate my skin at all, doesn't cause break-outs and the small bottle lasts a really long time.

Compared to what I paid for my Laura Mercier foundation this stuff is peanuts in regards to price. So I'm very happy about this product.

I also love how it doesn't melt off during the day. Even the LM foundation would wear off during the day or look oily and start to melt... LTM stays on my face the entire day, and by 5pm closing time at work, my face still looks flawless.

on 5/11/2010 4:49:00 PM

I tried this foundation a couple months ago and it looked terrible. I had tried it with moisturizer (jojoba oil), or primer, or both, with fingers, sponges, and a brush, and it sat on my skin in the oddest manner and made my pores into little white spots. I have been using it again for the past week, and I love it! I think this is due to two reasons. The first being that my skin has improved, and it is not as dry, flaky, and spots are fewer and smaller. The other reason being that I am using a moisturizer by L'Oreal that is very hydrating and sinks into my skin beautifully. It's called L'Oreal Nutrissime Reactivating Dry Skin Moisturizer for Dry and Sensitive skin. I apply a thin layer of the foundation with my fingers when my moisturizer is almost finished setting in (about 5-7 min after I apply it), and it gives nice medium coverage! It is very blendable. The neutral colours look rather natural, at least the lighter ones. There is a slight shimmer, but it just makes your face look pretty. I use L'Oreal True Match concealer in certain areas (not the best concealer, as the coverage is medium, and it isn't hardcore at lasting, but it looks very good on skin texture-wise and wears relatively well), and I put a light layer of setting powder on top. My t-zone gets pretty oily, but if I apply my makeup this way, it doesn't get oily until about 8 hours later, just dewy, when I am not rushing around, and about 4-5 hours when I am, at which point I will apply some pressed powder. Overall a very good makeup for natural-looking, light-medium coverage, if you're not looking for an intense long-lasting one! I may buy this product again, but seeing as it's summer, I am trying to see if I can get one that is good in really warm weather! I may buy this product again in the fall.

on 5/11/2010 4:46:00 PM

Watery. Thin. I am returning this based upon the thin consistency. I feel that it will dilute my sunscreen because the s/s I use is a physical one. Using this foundation is like applying a layer of water over your sunscreen. I dont see any point in elaborating on the few positive points of this foundation. If a foundation dilutes sunscreen, it is not worth buying regardless of any other pluses it may have (Just my opinion)..

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I do like this foundation a lot, blends nicely and gives good even coverage. However, one thing about it has always puzzled me - it kind of makes me look like I have a moustache when I have hardly any upper lip hair (none that is visible) and naturally blonde hair! So who knows why that happens. Not a huge issue as it can be fixed with concealer and I'd buy this again if I was on a budget.

I have been using this product in W1 and W2 for years and years off-and-on.... it's my go-to when i'm not trying new foundations. i am currently using lancome teint idole ultra in 1C and use the true match to blend on my jawline. i did notice my pores tended to clog more when i used the true match, but i still think it's amazing for a drug store foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

this stuff hella broke me out >.<

on 5/6/2010 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

love this foundation i was using make up forever HD really expensive this is very cheap i have N4 N5 ans N6 all through the year they all match great give me the perfect coverage and blend so well. plus it stays on all day even in the 100 degree Texas summers never breaks me out and never streaks or creases and i dont use any powder

on 5/6/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had to wait until I calm down before writing this review. I had about 6 different shades of True Match (the old version) when it first came out, as the product claimed to have selections for yellow (W) undertone.
When this newer version came out, I figured I'll give it a try, the texture has definitely improved, it does melt into the skin.
But what really made me so po'd is the colour, on my NC 35-40 skin, with yellow-beige underton. I picked W5, which is just about medium in the range, it absolutely looked beigey-white (pale) on me; no peachy, no golden, no warm undertone whatsoever, not even jaundice yellow. Are those F'heads at L'oreal bloody stoned when the formulated the shades. Yes, they all looked amazing on the shelf real skin friendly tones. The most important issue in fdn is the colour, everything else is secondary, & this definitely doesn't cut it.
My Dream Liquid Mousse in medium 2 matches much better that this. Good things its only Cad$10.

on 5/6/2010 5:47:00 PM

This is great! Not my favorite, by any means. But it's a good back up (: It's coverage isn't that great. But it's really light, and oil free. I've NEVER broken out with it. I just think the bottle could be better designed.

on 5/6/2010 12:48:00 AM

I love this foundation! I have oily, acne-skin and I am also very fair...what a great combination huh?! haha But this foundation is actually light enough to match my skin tone (and verrry few foundations can do that...simply ageless by olay & covergirl does a good job too however). Its fairly thin, almost runny in consistancy, yet if applied by the stippling method with a flat-top brush it works perfectly! I just pore some into my hand and dip the brush, then dot + use circle motions to apply. I do have to use a powder finish (like most liquid foundations) and Coty Airspun works well! Overall, great product!

Video Reviews & Tutorials