April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Kate63

I'm on day 3 of this foundation. i switched back to liquid foundation after discovering on here that my bare minerals was the cause of my breakouts. i like it for blendability, though i could use a little more coverage. i have rosacea on my cheeks and nose, so i use the green smashbox primer with this. its ok covering it up with that, i just wish it lasted a little longer. i use n6 i think. classic tan anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by rossabelle

good coverage , easy to blend n very affordable - on days that i have to splurge on the very cheap makeup, i'll go for this !

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by bleudolphin

I decided to try liquid foundation again. I use the powder version of this and love it. I am a W1 so I got that in the liquid. It was way to light. I also have large pores so it just filled them in leaving me with dots. I do like the lightness of the foundation. It dries to a powder. I will stick to the powder.
Update:
I decided to give this another try. I like the way this evens out my skin tone. It does fill up my large pores but if I use powder over it to set it helps to make that disappear. I have very oily skin so on hot days my face is very greasy looking. This might work better in the fall/winter months. I will have to try it again. As for now I will stick to the true match powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by divergrrl

I think liquid cream foundations are difficult to match with skin, and I have tried dozens of different brands.

Bare Minerals, EL Doublewear, Lancome Teint Idole, Bobbi Brown Oil Free even finish, Bobbi Brown Skin, Bobbie Brown Oil Free, and I cannot for the life of me find something with a medium coverage that matches my skin tone.

I have tried this once before & found it to be too white on my pale skin, it looked mask-ey.

However, with a current BOGO sale at Walgreens I figured I could grab a few shades & play mix-n-match. I have N2, N3, W1, & W3. I think I should have grabbed W2. My feeling is that the warm shades mixed work best for me.

I applied over moisturizer/sunscreen & MAC Strobe Liquid & I look really good.

Wearability: Excellent, I taught a hip hop class yesterday, sweated up a storm & it stayed put without powder to set it.

I like the way it looks on my skin, the finish is soft & clean. I see from the reviews that this is available now in a pump, which is my preference, its easier to mix together with a pump.

I think the main issue with this foundation (or any) is that once you can find a coverage you like/finish/staying power etc...is getting the shade right. That is so hard. Mixing colors is often neccessary & you have to play with it to get it right.

I do my foundation & then go out into my car & check my face in the rear view mirror with outside light....that's where I can tell if my color matches. Pain in the arse, but what can you do?

Walgreens has this priced at $10.49 a bottle with a BOGO right now (5/26/09) and Ulta is $8.99..I can't wait to get it in the pump!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by akszp4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find it very hard to find makeup that matches my skin tone without being too dark or too light. But this works perfectly! I mix the foundation with lotion because my face tends to dry out easily and still get great coverage. The best part of the foundation is that the product is very lightwight and blends out well.

I gave the price a 4 because our local Walgreens charges about ten dollars for a bottle and I go through one of these in about a month and a half wheras covergirl foundation is about the smae proce and tend t last me about 2. I always try to stock up during BOGO sales though. The packaging got a 3 because I wish it came with a pump so I could better control the amount coming out of the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by xBrazenx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is pretty impressive. The color range is fantastic (for drugstore or HE lines, IMO) and it is, indeed, very blendable. I have yet to wear this for an extended period of time, so I can't speak to how it wears throughout the day or it's affect on my skin. Nevertheless, I can definitely see this becoming a regular in my make up rotation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Aharms

This is a wonderful basic foundation. The shade selection is great. I am very fair and was able to find a shade that matched me perfectly. The coverage is very sheer, (evens skin tone and covers minor spots) which is what I wanted so it doesnt bother me. However it says its buildable but I havent tried. I've been wearing it a month and it hasn't broken me out and I am VERY acne prone. It is rather expensive for a drugstore brand considering the amount you get, but I just mix a little drop in my moisturizer most of the time so its perfect for me. Oh, and I do love the tiny bit of shimmer in it. Not enough to make you any shinier than you want (already oily!), but it does give skin a beautiful glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Missdawn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this foundation this week. I was using bare minerals. My skin is dry/combo. I really like the coverage but you have to be very careful dry patches because the foundation clings to those spots like glue and today I looked in the mirror and saw polka dots of foundation all over my face. I think this foundation probably is best for normal to oily skin. It's fairly matte and has no added moisture. The swatches at the drug store that help you pick your color are actually very accurate. I would recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by dotcom724

I wasn't so impressed with this product. Not enough shades to match your skin tone. This foundation left my face all flaky making it look as if I'm wearing a mask.
I'll give a 2 since it's still usable, didn't cause any breakouts- but I don't think I'll be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The color selection of these are pretty awesome compared to most brands I have stumbled on. It was not hard to find the correct shade in this at all. [Soft Ivory? N1] As soon as I opened the bottle [it didn't have the convient new pump on it.] the chemical smell hit me. I honestly didn't even want to put this on my face, but I tried it. It actually blends pretty well and it gave me light -to- medium coverage when I tried it but when it dried, it got the weirdest texture to it that I didn't like. I can't even describe it. It was actually pretty light feeling than most foundations. It didn't feel that "masky" to me. It was also REALLY runny and wasted an amount for another face application when I tried to deposit some on the back of my hand. It did stay put ok but I think I am over the whole liquid foundation feel for good. As far as liquid foundations go, I think there are way better drugstore foundations out there. I think the smell did it for me.