L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

I have been using W2, which is a shade or two too light for me, but nonetheless it is a decent drug store foundation. I appreciate that this line has a lot of yellow-toned shades as opposed to pink tone shades that look horrible on me. The things I don't appreciate are the fact that the makeup really isn't all that blendable and I hate the fact that there is shimmer in the fomula. On my face It looks shiny and makes me want to add extra mattifying powder to tone it down. I'd probably buy this again if it came in a totally matte formula or semi-matte, but definitely not shimmer.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Well this is one of the very few drugstore foundations which has a wide variety of shades for people who don't have pink undertones. I am NC 40-42 and N6 matches me quite well. Also it has SPF 17, and this along with Lóreal Bare Naturale powder (which has SPF 19), I don't need to wear a seperate sunscreen underneath. Most sunscreens leave a white cast on my face, so I don't like wearing them. Also both of these have physical sunscreen, TiO2. I use retinoids, so it is very necessary for me to wear sunscreen. Overall I am happy with this foundation.

The thing with this foundation that is definitely worth mentioning before I start bashing it, is that it is one of the few that did not cause me to break out and it's color selection is amazing. I rarely find a foundation that is my color. On top of that it's affordable and the coverage is fairly good.
However, aside from that the lasting power is less than a couple of hours. The texture isn't nice and it sets in my pores making it only obvious that I wear (a very bad) foundation. I won't buy it again, but it's cheap enough to give it a go for other users.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Just some background: My skin is weird. It's combination, but I've never had problems with oil or anything like that. I rarely break out in earnest, but I usually have a few bumps here and there. Also, I have varying skin tones. It's a shade or two darker near my hairline and in the parentheses around my mouth, and a shade or two lighter near the apples of my cheeks. So it's just hours of fun trying to find a foundation that's not too light or too dark.

. When I first got this, I was pleasantly surprised. It matched my skin perfectly, and I looked like I wasn't wearing any foundation while it evened my skin closer to one tone, which was awesome. I got the pressed powder and concealer in addition to the foundation.

I put it on in the morning before work and everything seemed fine. When I got out to my car at 5, I was utterly mortified. My face was a oil spill.
It was horribly shiny. It had transferred on to everything I touched, so there were blotchy spots on my cheeks. it had settled in to lines I didn't even know I had and accentuated any stray bump. It was, in a word, disgusting.

This is my HG foundation. I wear the N2 or classic ivory. It evens out my skin tone very well and gives a nice matte finish that's not too dense. It's very easy to blend and looks like my own skin, only better.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm in a shade W6- sun beige (NC35) and the shades are definitely TRUE to MATCH. This foundation is my face in a bottle, its absolutely crazy! My problem areas are my cheeks because I have acne scarring from my teenage years which has faded over the time. I don't need much, a little bit goes a LONG way. This foundation can cake up on you when using the wrong tools. I first used a universal face brush and it was streaking and took forever to blend away but using a stippling brush, the finish is PERFECT. This foundation I would say is light to medium coverage but it is very buildable.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

PROS: I like this product because it has various colors to blend with the many different skin tones out there. Even as the seasons change, I always find the perfect matching tone for my skin all year around. Super easy to blend, very smooth & natural looking finish. Coverage is amazing, even when I got burned it covered the darkest spot on my face which was pretty dark. I like to use the powder in this same product to finish the natural & clean look. The price is very affordable, & the package is ok but yes it would be less messier & more convienant with a pump instead. Does not break your skin out unless you don't wash your face at least once daily. If you have dry to normal skin, I would definately recommend this product to you.

CONS: For me, I have super oily skin & I've had lots of trouble finding something that controls just that. This is ok for the first maybe 2hours max. Even when I finish it with the powder, not many hours later I look in the mirror & I have an oily shine that I just hate touching up every 2 hours. It does get everywhere if you aren't careful. It always stains my boyfriend's collar when we hug , even hours after it has already dried. If you have oily skin, I do not recommend this product to you.

I will continue to buy this product until I find something that works just as well minus the oily effect.

So far, this is the first foundation that doesn't make my pores look huge on my upper cheeks. I have large pores, and most foundations accentuate them, but not this one! I love it. I like the thin consistency because it still looks like skin as opposed to a mask of makeup!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It's a good foundation, but not for me. I'm an NC10 in winter, NW15 in summer and I can't find any shades that match my skintone, without adding moisturiser to them, in which case it still makes my skin look orange!

The palest shade they have is a little too pale for me, so I use it with ALOT of moisturiser and use it as an under eye concealer and it's fabulous.

The only reason it get's three lippies is because it works well for me as an under eyeconcealer, it's affordable and it does give good coverage as a foundation, but there are no shades that suit my skintone.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Skin type: Oily/Pimple-Prone

Well, i was looking around to replace my revlon colorstay as, they have stopped carrying my shade, at least where i'm at, so i decided to try this. Basically I was looking for a foundation, much like revlon, gives medium to full coverage, controls oil, long-wearing, rub-proof, and doesnt melt when i sweat. But this really let me down.

Pros:
-Its got a wide range of shade
-contains suncreen
- 30 ml can last awhile.
-provides medium to full coverage

cons:
-by 11am, the foundation on my chin and forehead are gone.
-my face is super duper oily. like i can fry an egg on it by mid-day.
-fades off pretty quickly.
-and when i sweat, my sweat turn orange...eww
-and its not rub proof.

bottomline: this is probably suitable for those with normal or dry skin...oily skin should stay away