L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 6/23/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for yrs now. It covers imperfections very and blends very easily. I found the best way to apply it is with a foundation blush. Only thing i dont like about it is that it tends to melt in the heat.

on 6/22/2010 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I initially bought this product because I heard that there was a shade for everyone in the collection. This turned out not to be the case for me. The first shade I tried was too yellow based for me, the second was too blue based for me and the neutral tone made me look sickly and pigment-less. The formula itself brought out the oiliness in my skin and it would slide around my face throughout the day. It also clogged my pores. The product was very expensive for a drug store product and I've purchased drug store foundations for a lot cheaper that were much better.

on 6/22/2010 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite foundations. I use it everyday and on special occasions. It blends very well , lasts long and doesn't have a bad smell. I have redness on my cheeks this covers it all . It looks amazing in the sunlight and in Pictures. Outdoors it works very well on my tanned skin. My shade is W6. I absolutely love it and it has amazing coverage. Also works AMAZINGLY well with the Loreal True match Pressed powder and blush. The reason I rated it a 4 is due to the size . The size is very small and finishes quick. I got it for $13 from SHOPPERS drug mart. Even though you need little amounts i still think they should be bigger. Their way too small
But i definitely would purchase again.

on 6/18/2010 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I can't believe the bad reviews!
i love this product, and i have oily and acne prone skin.
it doesn't cause breakouts, covers my flaws, and it lasts.
doesnt cake up or anything, the price is good and the color is a match!
i will buy again (:

EDIT! fml. :/ i liked this so much too, the color was a perfect match blah blah blah. after a few days of using it, it broke me out SO bad with three or four PAINFUL pimples :((((! Damnit and i was so happy about it too. ah. still ges two lippes bc the price and color selection, this is for anyone who isn't acne prone. or has oily skin.

on 6/17/2010 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Picked this up because I wanted something cheaper and more lightweight than my MUFE HD and this had a broad range of colors, including very fair neutral shades, which is rare in the drugstore. I'm fair and neutral-to-cool, and N1 was a good match. However, the foundation looked cakey and fake no matter how I applied it (fingers, damp sponge, dry sponge, brush, you name it). It made my skin look dry and unevenly textured. This is going back to the store.

on 6/16/2010 11:24:00 PM

I bought this foundation a week ago, I got it in N2 Classic Ivory.
So I decided to try it out today (it was warm and so humid).

First of all, perfect match for my skin tone, very light weight and looks very natural. I wore it with nothing underneath, no primer, no moisturizer and I just set it with a loose powder. It didn't get oily at all, it doesn't cake up.

on 6/16/2010 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Okay, first off the color selection is amazing with a ton of shades varying from light to dark in warm, neutral, and cool. Unfortunately, when finding my shade I wanted C1, since I have a lot of pink undertones but it seemed waaaaay too dark for the shade one. I ended up with W1 since it seemed like the color right shade, even if it wasn't the right undertone. I *attempted* to apply this, but as the day went on this sucker oxidized quicker than an apple left out all night. It went from a warm-y shade to full blown yellow-y/orange shade.
Apart from the total disaster with the color, the packaging is terrible! I hate foundations with no pump, it is so unsanitary. That's why I like Tinted Moisturizers better, since they always have a squeeze tube or something. I digress......
Keep in mind the product is called SUPER-blendable. I have no idea, in what world/universe/human mind, why anyone would call this super blendable! Revlon ColorStay is easier to blend then this. The foundation dries way to quickly to even work with it, which makes the coverage un-even. I hate the finish of this product, it is honestly a terrible foundation. You can see how it's just laying on the skin, not absorbing.

Overall, this foundation is just not worth the hassle. If you want to try this line from L'Oreal stick to the liquid concealer, which I ACTUALLY do like :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used this product for seven years and it was my HG. It was exactly what I wanted, It was light, matched my skin tone, and most importantly did not appear to cause break outs. Now that I am older and my skin is changing, it appears that this may be the main cause of my college-age breakouts. So for now I am seraching for something else, but I still think this is a good product for those without acne-prone skin who just want light coverage.

on 6/8/2010 3:39:00 PM

True Match was my go-to foundation for at least seven or eight years. It was the first one I ever found that perfectly matched my pale skin (I wear the lightest shade in neutral or warm) without oxidation - in fact, I still haven't found a HE foundation that suits me quite as well in terms of color. Unfortunately, the staying power of this make-up wasn't great for me. No matter what I topped or primed it with, it never looked good at the end of the day and really accentuated my combination skin. I also sometimes wonder if wearing this for so many years made my skin worse because since I've stopped, I've noticed a massive improvement in pore size and oil production. Oh well.
Still, it is decent for what it is and having relied on it for so many years, I have to give it some props - True Match is a good, inexpensive starter foundation that blends well but lacks longevity.

on 6/8/2010 3:39:00 PM

This is what I call a "cold-climate product" because it has a tendency to melt in the heat. It goes on beautifully and the color is very true to skin, but after just one touch-up it begins to get cakey, especially in the t-zone. So while good for something like dinner and a movie, this is not a good product for all-day-wear, unless you have dry skin and don't require touch-ups.

Video Reviews & Tutorials