L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 3/25/2010 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I really think I have used this enough to give an informed review on it as a l'oreal makeup enthusiast. There have been several versions of the foundation: an oil free (currently on the market), one with spf and one that wasn't oil-free. The last version is a thing of the past, oily girls will obviously be an oil slick. I made this mistake wearing it in Florida, thinking it was oil-free. I looked terrible at a birthday party in Florida. I am generally not a fan of liquid foundation. In the dead of the cold fall, I kind of like this. It works SO much better in conjunction with the powder, they just go hand in hand. Seperately, the products are not half as good as they are together. it gives a nice airbrushed finished look which seems to agree with cold weather for me. maybe because liquid tends to melt on me when its warm outside. I like to use c3 powder and n6 foundation. i have been known to go really light and play up my paleness with the foundation in c3. n5 works good too. I always like to use the powder in c3..i SWEAR in late 2009 i picked up one of these and they still carried the old formula which did NOT claim it was oil free. i bought it by accident...it turned me into a grease ball in florida

on 3/24/2010 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

i really love the concept of being able to easily find your shade in a ds foundation,i wish more ds companies would take this approach.all too often the foundation that seemed ok in the store comes out far too pink at home.
the formula,however,did nothing for me.i'm already very oily,this made it much worse.luckily it didn't break me out,but it was gone from my shiny face before half the day was done.
coverage was decent.
it might be great for someone with dry skin,but for me,i won't repurchase.such a shame because the color availability/easiness is awesome.

on 3/22/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So overall this foundation is GREAT on someone, who DOESN'T have acne prone skin.
Before I used this foundation, my skin was normal, just one little zit once in a week, nothing more.
I was hypnotised by all the commercials and hype around ''foundations'', so I bought True Minerals (Liquid).
Well, after about two weeks, my skin broke out.
Badly.
Seriously badly.
I threw it away immediately.
But still after 3 months without using this, my skin is horrible.

Edit: It's December 2010, and my skin is getting better, I'm only using mineral powder foundation. My conclusion: the foundation is not bad, but liquid foundation is not for everyone. So be careful what you put on your skin!

on 3/21/2010 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to like this. Unfortunately, I am too fair and too oily. Or something. It doesn't last long on me, it was a bit too dark to begin with (but I was hoping it would work!) and it turned orange as the day wore on. Not cool!

on 3/21/2010 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not like this! it does not cover and my skin feels very strange

on 3/21/2010 10:24:00 AM

I used this for about a year. It was a perfect match for my skin, which is very pale but warm toned. I found it was a little to liquidy and didn't give me flawless skin, but gave a natural dewy coverage, I'd say light coverage at best. I've since switched to maybelline dream mousse liquid which gives me a better coverage and a lovely dewy-not too dewy finish.So I prefer maybelline, but this isn't a bad product, I just look for a different result.
This foundation doesn't break me out, but I need to blot at least twice during the day in spring and in summer I use a tinted moisturizer so I can't say how it does in hot humid italian summer.

on 3/20/2010 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Im very thankful for this foundation. The color is beautiful ( i got caramel beige W7). It flatters my skin tone like no other foundation I've tried. Blends super easy and gives a nice medium coverage that looks natural. Can't beat the color and the finish. I've tried TONS of foundations, this one gives me a finish smilar to that of MUFE HD. Of course MUFE has better "dissapearing power" and doesnt make you oily, but it breaks you out over time and is super expensive.

*Edit*

This breaks me out, but then again almost everything breaks me out. The color match aint perfect. Not going to repurchase.
I guess I cant wear foundation jaja. Thats okay with me, but shame on the market for darker skin tones. So little quality products to choose from.

on 3/17/2010 8:17:00 AM

Too heavy. I was looking for a medium to medium-full coverage and it gave me an overload of full coverage.

on 3/16/2010 7:06:00 PM

Ugh! This foundation may match your skin color, but it's just so unnatural looking. It looks kind of like paint (actual paint, not "face paint") on your skin. I don't see how this foundation could look natural--maybe on people with very, very oily skin--but even then, its not worth it.

on 3/15/2010 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was so let down by this foundation. I found an AMAZING match for my NC15 skin (W-1). It's actually the best match I've ever found for my skin. The coverage is wonderful. You can build it up to medium-full easily. It's a breeze to apply. I just stipple it on with my foundation brush, then blend lightly. My one and only complaint is that it makes my skin INCREDIBLY greasy, even with a generous layer of powder on top. I tried different setting powders (Physician's Formula talc-free mineral, Coty fragrance-free airspun and Laura Mercier translucent), but no success. Back to my ultra-expensive BB Skin. =(