September 3, 2014 | 1458 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

Right now, this is my HG foundation. Of all the foundations that I have used, this one gives me the best coverage. It is highly pigmented, so a little really does go a long way. The coverage is excellent. I have had problems with acne break-outs ever since I was a teen. After I have a break out, I'm always left with those little red "healing" marks that pimples often leave behind. But you'd never even know it thanks to this foundation. It really does make my skin look flawless.
Also, it doesn't seem to aggravate my breakouts at all, which is a huge plus for a girl with acne prone skin. It doesn't make me look greasy either. Nor does it dry me out.

It truly does seem to blend right into my skin, and I have never had a problem with streaky-ness or cakey-ness. I apply it with a make up sponge, and it is extremely easy to blend and apply.

Now, as much as I love this foundation, it does have a few flaws that bug me. Number one is the price. Paying nearly 30 bucks for foundation gets old real fast. If I was ever able to find a lower priced drug store foundation that did everything that Studio Fix does, I'd be all over it. The second flaw is that it transfers easier than any foundation that I have ever worn. I literally cannot touch my face with ANYTHING unless I want to get foundation on it. I work in a medical field and I am often assisting with sterile surgical procedures in which I am required to wear a surgical mask. When I take the mask off, the inside is always covered with foundation. Embarrassing! This foundation has even rubbed off on other people too. I used to date a guy that wore glasses. He would have to wipe his glasses off each time after we kissed, because this foundation would rub off on them. Super embarrassing!! Maybe this is due to the fact that I don't set my foundation with powder, but I have used many other foundations that I have not set with powder and they NEVER transferred as bad as Studio Fix does. This stuff has also stained some of my clothes that it has rubbed off on. I've never had a foundation that stained clothing before, either.

So, I give Studio Fix Fluid 4 lippies because of what it does for my skin, but I took 1 lippie off due to how much it transfers onto everything else, and it's high price. Even with its flaws, it is still the best foundation I have tried so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by EroticAsphyxiation

I used to love that caked on, dark foundation look, so i have 4 bottles of this. Now i just love the pale caked on look ha. It does create an airbrushed finish, and covers every fricken thing. Too bad they run orange. 4 stars because of all the awesome memories me & SFF have.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by semor211

Just got matched and bought this yesterday... it seems people either love it or hate it! So far I like it. I apply it with a damp sponge which I think smoothes it out, but still gives enough coverage. I've had trouble finding a good foundation match, so I appreciated the help from the make-up artist in the store and the wide range of colors to be matched with. I do find it hard to blend, and this is coming from someone who was using ColorStay, so...

Update: I ended up returning this. I just didn't *love* it and $25 is a lot of money to spend on something you don't love! Back to ColorStay for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by LadyVelvet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One Word: Disappointment.
Felt like I was wearing a mask and it caked on easily. It sunk into my skin making me look older! No 21 yr old wants that...It also clogged my pores and made me break out like whoaa. It was not the smooth finish I was hoping for and heard so much about. I applied in different ways but still no dice and the fact that you have to buy the pump was irksome.
Most likely will only wear on special occasions. It does provide full coverage and a decent color match. A little bit goes a long way, plus I like the spf. Mixing it with water prevents the cakey/mask appearance.
I most likely will not buy again based on my experience with the product. Honestly I feel like I wasted my money but I will work with what I bought and make it rock.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is terrible. It is thick and goopy. It broke me out after a day. It is so heavy and cakey that I looked like I was wearing a plastic mask. Beware ladies. If I could give it 0 lippies I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by asham69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

although i do like it, its not my favorite. i recently became a powder fan. the liquid to me is too matte and fake looking. the only way i do get the result i like with this is to spray my face with the fix + to make it look more natural and glowy. so far i dont have a problem with my skin becoming really oily and i have very oily skin. as long as i moisturize, use the prep and prime base and finish with fix + it works great. i have yet to actually wear it out for an entire day so i guess i will update when i get a chance to. foundation isnt something i wear everyday, i bought it to wear when going out when im not at work or school. but since ive purchased the fix powder i havent picked the liquid back up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

watch out nw15 ladies. i'm fair, blonde hair, greenish blue eyes with pink undertones. i was matched at mac with the nw15. this foundation went on orange. i loved the feel and finish of it...but the color was totally off. i normally wear the studio fix powder in nw15 with no issues. don't know why this foundation's color was so off.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by elley01

ok, so a while ago i bought MAC's studio finish foundation and this was just for a special occasion so i thought why not hey? people rave on and on about this product and maybe it'd be worth buying it? wrong! this stuff sank into my pores and it made me look like a cake face(im not a foundation person). it made my face powedery and weird looking, but it provided good coverage for the whole night. i dont think im ever going to buy this product again

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by fuctbambi

When I first tried this foundation I loved it. I mix in strobe liquid and apply it with my 187 brush, it felt thick but the NC35 shade matched my face perfectly and it looked great. Right after the first day though, it started going down hill. This foundation picks up dry spots on my skin and emphasises it like crazy. my pores become more noticable, and everything just feels too thick, pasty, and cakey. I wish they never discontinued the hyperreal foundation as that has been my favorite so far. This formula is way too thick. I even tried applying it with my fingers, thinking that it was the formula that was clumping and the heat from my fingers would melt it, but I got the same results. :( Really hoping I can exchange this, cause I lost my receipt ! the packaging is great though if you purchase the pump.

**UPDATE, I had to change this rating to a 1 becase I have come across so many better foundations since!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really need full coverage for my huge pores and acne scarring and something that won't clog my pores. The MAC MU said that all of MAC's foundations are oil-free and shouldn't cause zits, buts he was wrong. This stuff makes me break out. I'm somewhere between a NC38 and 40 so it's hard to color match. It feels heavy and doesn't fully cover my pores like my mineral foundation does. I know some people love it and I wanted to as well, but it just doesn't work for me.