Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 8/31/2002 7:08:00 PM

This doesn't worth the price.
IT didn't lengthen the lashes but make it all clumpy and stick together.

on 8/23/2002 10:01:00 AM

I have edited my original review because it was very harsh. After trying this mascara a few times I have discovered that it is a decent mascara when you work with it. It is not the type of mascara that you can just swipe on in 2 seconds and it looks great - you have to take a few minutes and comb your lashes and apply more than one coat. It wears fairly well and only flaked after I took a nap, which is pretty good, and is nice and dark. It lengthens but I feel I need more thickening from a mascara and I prefer a brush with more bristles. I would hardly call the results dramatic. For me it is just "decent", not great, and I would never pay 25 bucks for this. I find that Covergirl's Triple Mascara is much better and MUCH cheaper.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my holy grail high end mascara. Have tried them all when I used to worked makeup counters. The highly pigmented black and silky formula separates lashes and yet lengthens them...I LOVE this stuff.

on 7/30/2002 12:11:00 AM

So glad I got to try a sample size of this (thanks to my Juicy Tubes purchase!) I now know that I will never buy a Lancome mascara. This was flaky, clumpy and it made my lashes droop. Nothing a poor drugstore mascara couldn't do, as far as I'm concerned. I'll stick to L'Oreal, Maybelline, or CG! I'm just glad I didn't spend the $ on this.

on 7/28/2002 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the only mascara I will use. I have short, puny, grow-straight-down lashes and this product gives me both length and fullness. It does not flake, smear, smudge, or run. But it comes off with an eyemakeup remover without ceaseless rubbing or rinsing. This is the best mascara!

on 7/27/2002 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Definicils wasnt great at all...if anything it was horrible, it made my lashes limp even after I curled it, and it was just terrible, I dont understand how this mascara could work for other people.

on 7/13/2002 1:44:00 PM

This is a great mascara! It does lengthen lashes and doesn't clump up. My only "reservation" is that I have found cheaper brands that produce the same results. I have naturally long, curled lashes though -- so this may make more of a difference for those with shorter or non-curled lashes. Every product is different on each person, so it's definitely worth a try!

on 7/5/2002 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

What is all the fuss and why is this the number one selling mascara in America? On me, it's too thick and my lashes both clump and droop. I prefer Amplicils which is newer and has a much better formula and wand!

on 6/23/2002 10:14:00 PM

I like this for my lower lashes. It goes on really well--no clumping or smudging, and it stayed on! My lashes are naturally really long and defined so I need volume which I didn't get with this mascara--probably great for someone who has naturally thick lashes, though.

on 6/18/2002 7:15:00 PM

After reading the varied reviews on this mascara, I must say this: It must totally be based on the type of lashes we have. Just like our hair responds to different hair products, depending on our hair types. I get great predictable non-clumping, nice long, clear looking gorgeous lashes with this product. I know my sister doesn't. She has super thick, long lashes. But I think this one is the best, far better than the L'Oreal which I know is their company also.

Popular Mascaras