April 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2001 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Silk Therapy is the BEST! I have long, naturally curly hair which tends to frizz, and I live in a very humid climate, so good hair days had been rare - until now. I use just a dab prior to blow drying and sometimes a bit afterwards. My hair is transformed: it looks great and smells amazing. This is a staple that I never want to be without!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2001 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Nikki_1975

Wow! I tried this for the first time at my hair dresser's shop and was I blown away! My hair is quite dry, especially on the ends, and this really did make it feel like silk. I loved how shiny and swingy my hair was after using this. I ordered a small bottle from my hair dresser for $15 dollars, which is on the pricey side, but the advantage is that I won't have to use much, which I consider a great deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2001 9:17:00 PM More reviews by MelissaS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product made an immediate difference in my hair the first time I tried it. My hair felt smoother and softer but it didn't weight down my hair. I use this every time I wash my hair now. I use it on wet hair but have yet to try it on dry hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2001 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just don't like this stuff very much. It smells like alcohol and feels like grease. I'll stick with my Kiehl's Leave-in!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2001 11:22:00 AM More reviews by MelissaM

After reading the rave reviews, I bought the Silk Therapy, expecting miracles for my long, curly hair (tends to be dried). Not only did I get no results, I got really *bad* results - when I blew my hair out straight, it looked dull and was soon "fly-away" frizzy. The Silk Therapy really seemed to dry my hair out too - it matted it up a bunch during blow-drying, I believe due to the waxy texture of the product. Perhaps I used too little or too much, but my opinion - buy a little tester if you're interested in this product. It may or may not work, depending on your hair type. I have much better results with Kiehl's Silk Groom.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2001 11:35:00 PM More reviews by miata

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using it for over 3 years, great product and I love the light scent on my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2001 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Tara

I cannot believe how much I love this! Usually silicone products dry out my curly hair. This one cuts the frizz and doesn't build up (as long as I clarify once a week or so). I use it on my wet hair before anything else, whether blowing my hair straight or wearing it curly! I'm on my second big bottle and I can't imagine using anything else!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2001 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful product to add shine to hair. I use it on wet hair, as it is a silicone product and can get greasy on dry hair. You need just a tiny bit and it smells wonderful, without being a strong scent. You only need a tiny bit, so the bottle should last a while--which doesn't make the $17 pricetag so unreasonable.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2001 8:23:00 PM More reviews by RoxGirl55

This stuff is great on wet hair. I don't reccomend using on dry hair, it gets greasy. The best thing about this is that you can use it on your hands, or to polish something, even on your dashboard. I used it to polish shoes and it made them look new. This does great things to your hair by making it shine, smell good, feel silky, soft, etc. HIGHLY reccomended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2001 1:15:00 PM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally had to try this after reading Barbara N's review. :)
I tried it dry hair. YUK! Too greasy looking. Then I tried it on wet hair before blow drying, and I really liked it. A few drops are all you need. It makes it shiny and did not weigh it down or make it oily looking. I have tried this same type of product in other brands, and this is one of the better ones.