Biosilk Silk Therapy

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance)Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Gamma Methyl Ionone, Citronellol, Lilial, Hydroxy Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol. Silk Therapy Lite: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone,C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Fragrance (Parfum),Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, GeraniolHydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

on 3/3/2002 8:37:00 PM

I love this product. Not only does it smell great but it has an actually purpose. Smoothes out the frizz and also can be used on elbows and legs in the summertime.

on 3/1/2002 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Silicone and alcohol...oh just want I want to put on my hair! This product only gives the appearance of doing shiny, healthy hair, when in the long run, the coating from the silicones and the alcohol are going to dry your hair out even more than it was before. I threw away the bottle received for free in a swap, now I know why it was swapped away!

My hair is 1c-2a/f/ii - 35" long, fine, thin, color-treated, dry at the ends.

on 2/22/2002 11:21:00 AM

I was really scared of the alcohol content in this stuff, but it makes my hair soft and less frizzy. Overall I think it is a great product and definitely worth trying.

This stuff makes my hair literally feel like SILK, which is not easy to pull off since I color it every 3 weeks. It's a bit pricey, but a bottle lasts FOREVER!

on 2/17/2002 10:22:00 PM

Okay, I'm really not sure what to make of this product. My hair is fine and curly. I read that silicone and alcohol are the two worst things that one can put on curly hair, and both are contained in this product. Now, here's the thing -- 1) For the short time that I used it, my hair feel soft and looked shiny. 2)I compared the ingredients to the ones in my OUIDAD Shine Glaze, and found them to be almost the same! OUIDAD, the curly hair gurus, also put cyclomethicone, dimethicone and alcohol in their shine glaze, so... how bad could it be? I intend to do further investigation, and I'll repost when I get the low down. If nothing else, Silk Therapy gives arms and legs a pretty sheen.

on 2/3/2002 1:10:00 PM

Its stinks. And it dries out your hair because of the alchol content. It will make your hair look soft but it will dry it out. This is the worst serum I've used. If you want a good silicone based product, try Philosophy's curly head, its plain silicone and nothing else.

on 2/2/2002 10:15:00 PM

This stuff made my hair look so dry and made my split ends totally show up! I am so dissapointed :( I use many serums and oils and I have to say I am truly dissapointed by this one. This is totally expensive too.

on 1/30/2002 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

well, this was ok--- but i think in the long run, it leaves a residue on my hair.

it was kind of a hassel to use on my long hair (midback) but maybe for gals who have short hair this would work better.

on 1/26/2002 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just the smallest amount of this product at the ends of my hair keeps my locks smooth. It is a bit pricey, though.

on 1/24/2002 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I guess i am in the minority but it was awful with my hair type(dry,color treated,fine)It made my hair limp because it is so heavy and it looked greasy and string y not to mention dull. i love glossers and this one did nothing. it also dried it out even more. i live in a dry climate and my hair just soaked it all in rahter than hvaing lay on top and gving it gloss and shine. Laminates and Even frizz Ease worked for me, i wont touch this again.

Top Rated Biosilk Products