November 21, 2014 | 1666 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by kobri78

This cleanser was just okay, unremarkable. The packaging is terrible for traveling, leaked everywhere!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by bofspring

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this product. Who doesn't want to have makeup optional skin, right? I have used this cleanser for four weeks and have more breakouts and blackheads than I've ever had in my life. This might be fine for dry skin types, but not for me. I think it is a pretty good value, though - after using it for a month I am only about a quarter of the way through the product. I would not purchase Purity again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by sweetie87456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive noticed that thousands of people have reviewed this product. Must be very popular. I found that it was mediocre. However, with any cleanser you must first try it. Maybe go to sephora and request a sample and see if it works for your skin type. People seem to be most upset that they spent a great deal for a mediocre product....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by illuminate1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG cleanser. I use coconut oil to remove my eye makeup first and then I wash my face with this. It leaves my skin clean but not stripped. I have tried lots of cleansers and this is the one I keep coming back to. It really does a good job! I actually like the smell, almost herbal. It has never caused me a bad reaction. Only nice clean skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ilminyia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually really had good results with this cleanser - it left my skin feeling nice and soft and clean, and was good at getting makeup off. BUT - I can't get past the fragrance. To me it smells like wood furniture polish. In fact I just bought a Method furniture polish to use on my furniture and I swear this cleanser smells exactly like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2008 1:11:00 AM More reviews by dancelvr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product, like most Philosophy products, has a subliminally attractive name. "Purity"....of Course it will be good for my skin...NOT!
I have not broken out in years. Not only did this product manage to achieve that little feat, it made my skin very dry at the same time. This company needs to stick to bath products and leave skin care to companies that are dedicated to just skin care.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by jhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had some sort of allergic reaction to this product, which really surprised me. After I used it, my eyes got a bit puffy and the next day I had red blotches on my skin. I had used other Philosophy products before and had no reactions (and rarely DO have any reactions to any products) so I thought it might be something I ate. Not kidding!

So, I used it again. Same reaction! I had bought a number of Purity items directly from Philosophy and I was afraid to even try the rest. I called them and they were very nice about letting me return the products and giving me a prompt refund.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by jenek12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this face wash. I started using it a few months ago when my previous facewash was discontinued and I have totally become a Philosophy convert! This removes my make up really well, even mascara and leaves my face soft and very smooth. I only need a little bit to clean my whole face. This my new HG facewash - just bought a big bottle! Awesome product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by cscott37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love love this cleanser! I use it at night and all my makeup is gone! I have acne prone and oily skin and it totally helps. I use the "on a clear day" in the morning and i love that as well. The philosophy brand makes const. great products!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by heartxcontusion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I was getting a weird acne breakout that was caused by who knows what. It actually helped me clear it up. It made my face really clean and is very gentle. The only thing I did not like however was the smell. I guess it just takes some getting used to but I would prefer another smell altogether. It works though and is non-irritating.