September 20, 2014 | 896 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mml2145

way over priced of course like many other people have said! so im not to upset that this cleanser didnt work for me. i did take off make-up well, even mascara, but it totally dried of out my skin in a bad way. all around my mouth area was a big flakey mess after about two days of use. my face hurt from this cleanser..yuck!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't beleive I haven't posted a review for this till now. I have been using this cleanser for over a year now & LOVE it! I but the big 32oz bottle from QVC & it comes with a pump & I feel that is the best price & value I can get. My husband & I both use this cleanser. It does not have a harsh smell, it takes everything off including my shiseido spf55 suncreen (that many have said is really hard to get off) & waterproof mascara. It has not broken me out or gotten an allergic reaction or any clogged pores. Recently I thought its a bit expensive and maybe I can try out a drugstore cleanser instead but, I broke out & now am back to this again. I think this is my HG cleanser!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2008 6:03:00 AM More reviews by lemfloyd

Hmmmm, I'm not understanding this cleanser. It did remove my make-up and left me with relatively clean skin but it sort of left a weird filmy feeling on my face. I'm not sure what it is but this really isn't the cleanser for me. I love the whole philopsophy of Philosophy and love reading the little anecdotes on the bottles but this really isn't a very good reason for re-purchasing. Dermalogical special cleansing gel is far better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Did I miss something? This stuff is shockingly over-priced and does not deserve the rave reviews it has received. It is a very basic no lather cleanser with a suspicious ingredient list and really funky smell. This cleanser contains 10 different oils in it's ingredient list!! In my opinion that is WAY TOO MUCH oil for anyone's skin, regardless of those oils so-called benefits. I received a sample of this and even though I was hesitant to use it, I went ahead and tried it. Less than one minute after rinsing my entire face was burning and I felt a strange numbing sensation. There is obviously something in here that my skin does not like. I am once again mystified as to why this is a cult favorite.

ingredients:
water, disodium lauroamphodiacetate, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, coco-glucoside, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, geranium maculatum oil, guaiacum officinale, cymbopogon martini oil, rosa damascena extract, amyris balsamifera bark oil, santalum album (sandalwood) oil, salvia officinalis (sage) oil, cinnamomum cassia leaf oil, anthemis nobilis flower oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, piper nigrum (black pepper) seed extract, sodium trideceth sulfate, hexylene glycol, cocos nucifera (coconut) alcohol, polysorbate 20, glycerin, carbomer, triethanolamine, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fd&c yellow no.5

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 6:54:00 AM More reviews by narquois

I love this! It takes my make-up off so easily without rubbing so hard. I thought it was soothing. Even though i don't like scent in skincare, i thought the subtle scent in this was very nice. Plus for a normal bottle was just $10! It lasted for months! I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

I've been using this cleanser for years and it's the only cleanser that I've used that can remove non-waterproof eye makeup without stinging the eyes. It won't dry out my skin and it's reasonably priced. I'll keep using this cleanser until Philosophy decides to come out with something better...

Helpful hint: QVC sells the 32oz size for about $40 (plus $6 s&h). This is a bargain deal considering the 16oz size typically sells for $32. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by swankyjo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this after my cleanser was discontinued and my mother in law recommended it. I love it! I love that it doesn't foam. It takes all my makeup off with out drying out my skin. It's very gentle to my combo skin. The smell isn't nearly as bad as the Hope in a Jar. I can handle the smell of Purity no problem. Plus it doesn't seem to linger once you wash it off. My only complaint is I wish the 8oz size came in a pump. I think you can get a 16oz in a pump though. The price doesn't bother me to much since this will last awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by impeh

This stuff is wonderful. I have extremely fair, extremely sensitive skin (even Cetaphil gives me hives), and this is quite literally the first cleanser I've ever been able to use that doesn't irritate my skin.

I got this as part of the Makeup Optional kit, and while I'm usually skeptical of packaging claims (wear less makeup! smoother and brighter skin!), I'm sitting at my desk quite happily with no foundation or concealer for the first time in ages. Can't say enough good things about this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 8:31:00 PM More reviews by pupcakes

I have only been using this for about 2 weeks and I love it so far! Eventhough it says to keep away from eyes, it is great for removing eye makeup while washing your face. I use it morning and night and it is not at all drying to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by alissatron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! It leaves my skin soft and allows me to remove my eye-make-up effortlessly. I know some people aren't crazy about the smell, but I find it to be fresh and natural. It's gentle enough to use in the am and the pm and has done wonders for my skin ever since I started using it.