July 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2004 7:27:00 AM More reviews by winkcat

Nice, but nothing special. Will be returning to Lancome after I've finished this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2004 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Jkiwi717

I love this mascara! I thought I had found my hg mascara with L'Oreal but I was wrong. I'm so glad I decided to try this one. I'll defintely be repurchasing this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2004 6:40:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this goes on rather wet. I love the brush. It does thicken and lengthen and can get clumpy sometimes if you overapply.however this doesn't smear, and it does dramatically improve my lashes. this is clinique's best mascara..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2004 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jbrunner76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absoultely agree with everything brigette76 said! It makes your lashes VERY full and long and dark, but it's easy to over-do it with this one. But since I've been wearing it, ladies have actually started asking me what mascara I use - so it must be working! Like brigette76 says, it gets easier to use as it gets older. But once it gets too dry to use, add just a tiny amount of water and shake - volia. new mascara!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2004 1:34:00 PM More reviews by brigette76

Let me start by saying that I like my lashes to look thick and long. And, after curling my eyelashes, this mascara certainly produces those results! Ever since I've starting using it people have actually commented on how nice my eyelashes look (ha ha!) and asking me what mascara I use. I've tried heaps of different mascaras (Max Factor 2000 calorie, Estee Lauder Pure Velvet (which was a fave until they discontinued it) and Magnascopic (which was also good, but not as good as the Pure Velvet)and Clinique Long Pretty Lashes just to name a few). Although I've been pleased with the results from these mascaras, Clinique High Impact would have to be up there as one of the best I've used. My only complaint is that you have to apply it slowly and very carefully otherwise your lashes lump together. Usually I find though that as the mascara gets older it doesn't tend to lump your lashes together as much. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd wipe off the excess mascara on the wand to avoid this problem. I'll probably try other mascaras as I like to experiment with my makeup, but I'm confident that I'd purchase this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2004 11:26:00 PM More reviews by shumania

This didn't really do much for my lashes except make it darker. It smudges a bit and my lashes felt stiff when it dries.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2004 12:00:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this as a GWP, otherwise I would never have tried this ... and am glad I didn't pay for it. Although I really like the fat brush, this mascara applies too wet (although it didn't spray onto my lid, like some wet mascaras do) and straightened my just-curled lashes. I recurled, and applied another coat, but alas! My lashes don't look full or lush - just spidery thin and flat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 8:30:00 AM More reviews by deweydrop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I, like everyone else, got this in a GWP. Now, I do like the naturally glossy mascara, so I figured this would be just as nice. WRONG...I feel it did nothing for my lashes...no oomph, no volume, no nothing. It applies extremely wet too. I DO like the brush...but I will probably not re-purchase this.

Who would have thought that I'd go back to my Voluminous (which I'm slowly warming up too) after trying this sub-par product.

Edited to add - this stuff is hands down MUCH better than Maybelline Turbo boost...no additional lippy - just wanted to throw another comparison in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 11:26:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow I am impressed. I got this with a gwp package. I tried today and was surprised at how long and dark my lashes looked. I have rather short, curly lashes, so I need lengthening and thickening, not curling from a mascara. If I keep getting good results, I may just replace my Diorshow, which is ridiculously expensive anyway, with this. Update: This is my HG mascara. I bought the full size and Im finally content. I love that the color is truly BLACK not dusty black or off black but jet black.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2004 8:34:00 AM More reviews by lucyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have finally found a mascara that I will buy again - it makes my long but sparse lashes full and volumous. The packaging is cool (very dark green)and its a reasonable price too!!