October 20, 2014 | 890 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 8:21:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This sure does last all day, but not in the way you expect it to. It is still on your face at the end of the day but it seeps into your lines and is patchy. This product feels cheap and like all EL foundations, gives you the visible foundation look. For this to look OK, your skin needs to be near perfect. Colour range is good but I needed to mix two colours together to find the right one. This feels as if its from the 80s. Prescriptives colours and foundations are much better. Those with combination-oily skins may find that the oil eats up this foundation, leaving only coverage in certain areas. I used to get a fright when I would look at my face in the afternoon, I wanted to look polished not like Bozo the clown. Also, the open neck, screw bottle is impractical, unhygienic and outdated.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 12:44:00 PM More reviews by ashes007

Wow. Ok, this is officially the best foundation I have ever used. It has such great coverage and makes my skin look flawless! The first time I used this 2 people commented on how nice my skin looked. It has really good lasting power too.
    The only drawbacks I can think of is of course its price (though I think it's worth it) but also the crappy packaging (it should have a pump or something). Other than that, I really love this foundation. Though if you naturally have very good skin, you probably wouldn't need to use a foundation with such good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by 3evita

this is an overall good foundation, but it doesn't give you the natural look at all. I looks somewhat "caked" on!! I purchased this at my local Palais Royal and was really really hoping it worked out for me. I bought this in Ivory beige which turned out to make me look like a ghost!! So I returned it and switched it for Tawny. I still think it isn't the perfect color match for me but I feel bad about returning it and I am certainly not happy with it wore it once or twice but seriously think twice about putting it on.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by amanda1983810

Double wear doubles my disappointment.

a. need to buy a foundation plump.......
    b. smells......no good
    c. thick
    d. colour makes you skin look fake and as flat as 2D..........when you wear it, never take a pic of yourself.........

e. do not expect you daily cleanser will remove more than 30% of it. you need a bottle of expensive makeup remover.
    f it will block your pores if you wear it to sleep....

g does it stay longer?? I dont know.Since I never wear it on its own. I always blend it with face cream then apply it to my face. Why? You try it, then you tell me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by lindz029

This foundation does cover blemishes but it is so cakey and mask like!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by _viridian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've strayed from this for about a year after getting tired of paying so much money for a foundation. My replacement was Revlon's color stay, which is fairly comparable. It blends well and stays put for the most part. My only problem ended up being that the shades were just too pink. In the summer it wasn't a problem because I had enough of a tan to use the shade 'Buff', which is more yellowish than their palest shade 'Ivory'. Now that it's winter again, Ivory looks terrible on my very warm skin. The skin on my neck is a totally different color than the skin on my face when I'm wearing it, it just looks BAD.. So I'm back on Double Wear because it may be expensive, but it's very high quality and does everything I need it to do - good coverage, stays put, doesn't make my skin extra oily, and best of all it's a perfect match for my yellowish pale skin (I use the shade 'Bone'). Also, I use an empty lip balm pot (clean it out well beforehand though) to pour the foundation into from the bottle, so that I can just dip my foundation brush into the pot, and apply it to my face. And when I use that up, I just pour more in. That way you don't need to worry about bacteria due to the fact that it comes in a hard to use glass bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by ClemClem

First of all, the bottle is a nightmare. You cannot control the amount of product that comes out at all! Secondly, extremely difficult to apply and blend. I tried to use just a little bit of foundation as I thought I had used too much the first time, but ended up with the same result. It is very, very cakey and emphasises little hairs on the face. It looks like foundation, rather than a second skin which is, in my opinion, what foundation should be.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by toypoodle01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. It blends easily providing you work quickly, it dries quickly and feels and looks smooth, light and natural on the skin. The finish is mat which is the only reason i marked this product down. I wouldn't necessarily say this is a bad thing, i am just so used to illuminating foundations. Its nothing a little highlighter and contour cant fix. I marked the packaging down because i would prefer a pump bottle as it takes time to tip the bottle to get some product out, this will take longer as the product diminishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by mimigirl

I've been looking for a perfect liquid foundation, and after reading some reviews- I decided to try Double Wear. This stuff is great! It covers really well without feeling heavy, it's very buildable, stays on all day, matches my skin tone beautifully, and has a nice smooth finish when applied with my MAC 187. I'm very happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 4:48:00 AM More reviews by amyplusbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product after reading reviews on here, & have a few of my friends recommend it. I have it in the shade "bone", & although it does match my skin tone, it tends to make me look even paler as the day goes on. However, the coverage is absolutely fantastic, I have combination skin, & it works fabulously. It truly does stay on all day, the only down side is it takes forever & and a day to take off! It's super duper thick, but I guess it has to be to give such magnificent coverage. It made me break out the very first time I used it, but now it's great. I would definitely recommend it to those who want a flawless coverage if you have combination/acne prone skin. But if your skin is normally clear, I'd suggest going for something a little less cakey. All in all, I love this product & I will definitely be buying it again!