Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 11/19/2008 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this and used the whole bottle so I wouldn't feel like I was wasting more $$ BUT like the other reviewers stated, it makes you look artifical like you're wearing a mask. The only good part is that it does stay put all day. I like to look healthy and natural with all-day coverage but this looks bad. I walked into a store that had very bright lights and I glanced into a mirror and was horrified! I felt and looked years older than I really am b/c this stuff accentuates any lines you have and gives a stiff, old-lady feel. Sorry, EL :-(

on 11/18/2008 3:25:00 AM

A miracle in a bottle!

No matter how tired or blotchy or spotty my face is looking, this wonderfull stuff covers it all and gives me a really flawless face.

You have to be careful not too put too much on as it is quite thick and gloopy - I use a brush which is much more controllable than a sponge. I don't reckon fingers would work with this, but it looks natural and fresh and I love it love it love it!

on 11/15/2008 2:42:00 AM

PROS: medium coverage, it does stay on your face and the color sand was a good match (gets a little orange in the summer) .
CONS: It is very hard to remove it , clogs my pores, u need a very good moisturizer otherwise it will show every single little dry spot u have , it takes ~ half hour to set and not look so fake ,

on 11/14/2008 12:30:00 AM

it's not bad, it covers up and gives a good finish but its TOO FAKE looking. i want to look naturally pretty and this isnt for that but it does what it says and is a quality product

on 11/13/2008 1:52:00 PM

I am so impressed with this stuff. It covers a multitude of skin imperfections, flawlessly (including redness), stays on for an eternity (ok not eternity, but at least 12-16 hours), and doesnt rub off on clothes (or whatever else touches your face). Also, I have found the perfect shade, (1N1) ecru. The only downside is the old-fashioned glass bottle and that it is very easy to apply too much. I find a dime sized amount is enough for the whole face. Here's a tip. let it set before you judge whether you've put enough on. It looks very different upon initial application until the time it sets (about 5 in I think). It looks like a ghostly mask upon application, but perfect once it sets. Its my new HG, and I found it thanks to recs on MUA. Thanks!

on 11/13/2008 7:41:00 AM

I'm still in two minds about this foundation even though i've been wearing it for 6 months! I wear Shell, the palest shade, and firstly I disagree with the comments that it is not photo friendly- in fact I hate getting photos taken if i'm not wearing it because my skin looks flawless in photos when I do wear it.
Close up though, my skin looks a bit oily when I've worn it for a few hours, especially around my eyebrows (!) although I just put some heavy-ish powder over it and it seems to be fine.
Except... heavy powder over an already heavy makeup is not good for my spot prone skin! Although it didn't look caked and I always receive comments about how porcelain and beautiful my skin is when I wear it. It covers EVERYTHING and thats the main reason why I can't stop wearing it... but it makes more breakout to be covered up!!
The colour selection seems to be good, I find it really hard to get a shade light enough for my colouring.
Expensive, but it lasts for a long time, and has rubbish packaging, although the MAC foundation pump works well with it!

on 11/11/2008 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I like this mu. It sort of sunk into my skin and gave it a very uniform tone and hours later it looked just the same. My favorite doc said once again, "You look 20 years younger, not a line on your face." LOL But I won't be applying under my eyes. It sunk in there and showed lines I didn't even know I had. Still it's a good, long-lasting makeup and I'll buy again.

on 11/11/2008 8:21:00 AM

This sure does last all day, but not in the way you expect it to. It is still on your face at the end of the day but it seeps into your lines and is patchy. This product feels cheap and like all EL foundations, gives you the visible foundation look. For this to look OK, your skin needs to be near perfect. Colour range is good but I needed to mix two colours together to find the right one. This feels as if its from the 80s. Prescriptives colours and foundations are much better. Those with combination-oily skins may find that the oil eats up this foundation, leaving only coverage in certain areas. I used to get a fright when I would look at my face in the afternoon, I wanted to look polished not like Bozo the clown. Also, the open neck, screw bottle is impractical, unhygienic and outdated.

on 11/9/2008 12:44:00 PM

Wow. Ok, this is officially the best foundation I have ever used. It has such great coverage and makes my skin look flawless! The first time I used this 2 people commented on how nice my skin looked. It has really good lasting power too.
The only drawbacks I can think of is of course its price (though I think it's worth it) but also the crappy packaging (it should have a pump or something). Other than that, I really love this foundation. Though if you naturally have very good skin, you probably wouldn't need to use a foundation with such good coverage.

on 11/5/2008 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is an overall good foundation, but it doesn't give you the natural look at all. I looks somewhat "caked" on!! I purchased this at my local Palais Royal and was really really hoping it worked out for me. I bought this in Ivory beige which turned out to make me look like a ghost!! So I returned it and switched it for Tawny. I still think it isn't the perfect color match for me but I feel bad about returning it and I am certainly not happy with it wore it once or twice but seriously think twice about putting it on.