August 23, 2014 | 1127 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by rk14889

I had high hopes for this foundation due to the amount of good reviews that I had read on it.
Perhaps the greatest merit of the Double Wear foundation is its superb staying-power. It remains on the skin until it is removed using either a face cleanser or makeup remover. I also adored how light it felt on my skin in comparison to the medium to heavy coverage it gave.
However, what prevented me from purchasing this foundation was the fact that I could not find a matching shade. The closest match for me in the Double Wear would be 4W1 Shell Beige, but its prevalent peach undertones did not complement my strong yellow undertones. Also, the Double Wear dries onto the skin faster than other liquid foundations thus requires you to blend quicker (although this is a minor issue for me).
All in all, this could have been my HG foundation if it only had my shade. If, like me, you couldn't find your shade in the Double Wear, then do not despair as I strongly suggest that you try it's worthy comparable: the Revlon Colorstay foundation.

---

For reference, I'm NC35-41 in MAC and Warm Natural (4.5) in Bobbi Brown. I have dry-sensitive skin during the cooler months and a combination of normal to oily skin during the warmer months. My skin suffers from hormonal acne on a regular basis, as well as eczema on occasions.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by elvia2189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didnt blend well
color was too pink
did not last on my skin
started to peel
It was just bad i dont understand all the good reveiws fo it

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by dhina7

love it/ the best!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by antelopes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

i love this foundation. it's fairly thick, and so i find i prefer to use a regular foundation brush as opposed to a 187. i only use a tiny bit and it goes a long way. it's waterproof, rub resistant and will stay on all day. the coverage is medium/full, however i find it doesn't build very well. i would say it was a matte/satin finish. the only negative side to this foundation is that in direct sunlight it doesn't look so good.. i'm not quite sure how to describe it though. i tend to only wear it in winter and on occasions that i know i'll be inside! i wear 2w1 or 3w1 depending on how tanned i am, in mac i tend to vary from nc20 to nc35.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by prettycitygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to buy my usual foundation - Equilizer, but I the counter lady talk me into trying Double Wear for the hot, humid Texas summer.

I'm still on the fence if I will repurchase this product. Though I like the med/full coverage and the staying powder, the make-up sets up very quickly and I am unable to build or blend away any flaws. I also find this foundation a pain to remove! This stuff has staying power! I've been using 2-asprin diluted in my facial wash as a scrub to fully remove this foundation off my face! This is serious stuff!

All I can offer this foundation does cover and stay - even through my workouts! The color is great and this product is resonalbly priced.

Bad news - I can look creapy if your skin is dry.

Update 04/27/10

I'm on my 2nd or 3rd bottle of this stuff - I love it! As long as my skin is mositurized, this foundation works beautifully! It stays all day, through my work, until I take it off! I've tested several other foundations recently (free samples) and everytime, I thankful to go back to my DW! I will keep buying!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by luckygal79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, to be fair this foundation is exactly what it says. It looks freshly applied all day with no touchups needed for me. The color matched perfectly (linen). It even looked a little natural. But that's where the love ended. In every picture I look like a ghost! I'm already light enough! And this is really hard to blend. It sets up so quickly and if I try to layer it looks thick and textured. I gave it a 3 because if you want a full coverage foundation that stays true, it is a wonderful product. Since I don't need that kind of coverage, it just feels heavy. I only whip this out on very formal occassions. I won't repurchase if I ever use it up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have normal/dehydrated/sensitive skin. I m currently testing this foundation and hope not to get any clogged pores like I did with the EL Double Wear Light version.
I really like that this is Fragrance - free and Oil - free and supposed to be non - acnegenic for those who have such a problem.
So far it wears really well on my skin. It has a nice natural, semite-matte look to it and really lasts on me the whole day!! I only need to blot my nose area once. You can build coverage from light/medium to a fully face if needed. I prefer to put on a very thin layer and even the rest with concealor, which works fabulously for me.
I use the colour 1W2, 2W1 and 3W1 depending on tanning level. I like that these foundations have just the prefect amount of yellow in them unlike MAC which is heavily on the yellow side.Generally I find the EL DW offers a very wide variety of shades and most people should find one that suits them.I definitely recommend this foundation will continue repurchasing!!

UPDATE:

unfortunately this gave me horrible clogged pores and a skin rash each time I used it! I have since switched to Vichy Aera Teint Pure and pretty much found my HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

not a bad foundation, doesn't cause me any breakouts, very nice coverage power, even better staying power, it somewhat minimizes the look of pores, but doesn't keep my face stay matte for long, the packaging is bad, not hygienic at all and it's very expensive in my country (cca $55). i prefer mineral makeup becaues it's cheaper and healthier for my skin, but on the weekends when i go out, or for special occasions, i use dw and it does it's job rather well

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by italianfashion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I am a NW 20 in Mac studio fix fluid and Fresco in this foundation. The counter helped me find the right color and gave me 2 small sample bottles to use for 10 days to try it out. It has worked out wonderfully. It does not oxidize and turn orange after a few hours. That is the main thing that was bothering me with mac. I tended to look orange after a bit. It is a med - full coverage foundation. It is matte and you do not need to apply powder after this, which is a good thing because powder tends to emphasize my wrinkles. I had to apply powder with Mac or I would look oily. It really lasts all day and the color stays true. I have never had this happen with a foundation especially one with full coverage. I never thought to look to estee lauder for foundation but read some good reviews and decided to try it. Hopefully my lifelong quest for a good foundation is over. I have tried, Chanel, Mac, Clinique (all), Lamer, Lancome all, Bobbi Bobbi Brown, Loreal true match, and most other drugstore and this beats them all .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by rtaylor01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best long wearing foundation out there and the widest range of color choices besides MAC. The packaging is okay - glass jar. But a pump would be better.

I have tried them all. Drugstore brands, and high end department brands and this is really the best liquid. Finally a neutral color match that is really neutral! I use the 1N1 Ecru.

Has nice buildable coverage. No break outs, lasts about 6 hours on my ultra oily skin. Looks super natural.

Honestly, this is the only liquid I have ever gone back to repurchase when empty. In 28 years of using makeup, that is saying a lot!