November 29, 2014 | 923 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by JennySG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to be able to like this foundation. The color is great. I had to purchase both 120 and 115 to finally settle on 115. It matches my skin tone perfectly, blends very easily, gives medium coverage and looks natural. I was so excited because it is so cheap compare (only $9 to the $40 of my HD foundation). But it broke me out all around my lips and chin. And now I cant use it anymore : (
Back to Makeup for Ever HD.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this foundation goes on great on my skin.
my skin is normal to dry.
it doesn't feel like a mask or like its sitting on my skin.
it's a light to medium coverage. i can build it up to where i need more coverage but sheer it out where my skin is better.
i do find that applying less to start out with and blending out with a duo fiber brush then apply to specific areas with my finger and a sponge to get more coverage where it's needed.
i also think this wears better once it's warmed on the skin. you can truly see the dewy but not tacky finish even when set with a light powder. i feel like this wears around 8 hours. i wouldn't call it a long wearing foundation or anything.
i can totally see this not working on oilier skin types. but i do really like this product and was pleasantly surprised it worked so well with my skin.
now the cons and the reasons i took a lippie off. there is quite a strong fragrance to this foundation, it's a little distracting. to me the fragrance is very traditional to drug store foundation. very old school fragrance. i didn't expect it to have that scent since this seems like its being marketed towards younger women.
also though i do like the look of the bottle i don't like that it doesn't have a pump. it's really easy to pour out too much and over apply the foundation with this packaging and it gets really messy. i would really kill for a pump for this foundation. this has become my go to foundation lately alternating between this and a $60us foundation from sephora.
overall a great product for the price for more normal to dry skin types that prefer a light to medium coverage with a dewier finish. i apply this with mac 187 brush or sometimes a synthetic foundation brush and sheer it out with mac 187 and a sponge. varies on how my skin is behaving. i set it with mac's prep and prime finishing powder and finish it off with a spritz of mac fix + and press it in with a flocked sponge to make the foundation really sink into the skin and adhere and wear well.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cherrycokezero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really wanted to like this, but this just didn't work out for me. When I wore this, it felt like it was sitting on top of my skin, if i brushed against ANYTHING it rubbed off completely. Also, I was not a fan of the coverage. I really had to work to build up any coverage, and it seemed as though I was just pushing the foundation around and not getting any better coverage. Loved the color matching, but I think a lot of the matching has to do with how sheer the foundation is.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by abbsnew

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This isn't a review more of question. I've looked through all the review under sensitive and dry skin and I still haven't found a post that answered my question. I have dry,sensitive skin. I'm not talking I break out easily but more along the lines that a lot of products irritate my skin. I have a mild form of eczema and It normally just everyday adds some redness,and dryness to my skin. But if I use the wrong products my cheeks turn BRIGHT red and I get eczema bumps. Basically I'm just wondering if this foundation is suitable for my skin type. I can handle a bit of fragrence, but too much will become a problem. Thank you!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by LaurenNess

The color is great for light-skinned people. The lightest shade actually matched my skin tone great! I have a very oily t-zone, though, so when I put the foundation on, it made my face feel sticky and shiny. Throughout the day it only got worse. I don't reccomend it for anyone with oily skin. I wish I could use this product, though, because the color is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by eyeluvmakeup21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is very lightweight and feels velvety soft. it works well applied with a brush or fingers. i do really like it, but it tends to turn kinda orange-y after about half an hour...but i noticed it made a huge difference when i applied my mac prep + prime finishing powder over it and it doesn't change color on me at all and lasts all day. it looks very natural and u can't even feel it, and yet the coverage is medium.. i have redness on my cheeks and chin and around the nose, and this alone covers the redness.. i truely love it except i always have to remember to put on the finishing powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I stopped using Fit Me, but after wearing this foundation I noticed it broke me out. Although this will vary by person, I wanted to mention this.

When I first heard of Fit Me I wasn't the least bit interested in trying it because a) Maybelline shades have previously been a $10 headache and b) Since L'Oreal owns Maybelline I figured they repackaged True Match for a little employee bonus (I was proven wrong when the ingredients list came out, however.) I got a magazine page sample chart (the one shown in the photos) and figured, why not? I swatched all of the miniscule amount of testers of light shades and the most blendable was 125 Nude Beige. 120 matched but had an odd gray/white tone to it that didn't work for me. The shades that end in 5 are supposed to be cool toned, but 125 in particular seems neutral. Despite this the only reason I tried Fit Me was that I had coupons and store sales that totaled the foundation to $1.79.

The packaging is sleek but impractical, as previously noted. A foundation without a pump doesn't necessarily bother me as much as a thick foundation without a pump. Fit Me has a light, creamy texture that will be a major PITA to get out of the container as it gets used up. Fit Me had a tolerable but odd scent of Oil of Olay mixed with suntan lotion. It applied very smoothly and evenly with a standard foundation brush. The coverage is light. Very, very light. Not "a step up from a tinted moisturizer" light, but rather it IS a tinted moisturizer. Smells, feels, looks, and covers like one. This concealed barely anything and did nothing more than leave a slight sheen and slightly more even skin. As someone with mild acne and moderate pigmentation issues, this isn't appreciated. I was able to build True Match but this is not buildable whatsoever. The foundation looks fresh for a few hours before noticeably breaking down. I also noticed that this foundation transfers easily, mainly because I found it to not "set" well, leaving a tacky feel even after a powdering.

I would recommend Fit Me only to those who want a sheer to light foundation that is easy to blend and work with. Personally, I will not buy Fit Me again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by 5633lcarpo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok basically this product was not made for women with oily skin. After applying even a small amount of the product to my face it feels heavy, sticky and thick. It feels kinda like wearing foundation in a sauna, not a pleasant feeling. Overall the coverage is pretty natural and the colors are great. I am number 310 and it matches perfectly and blends effortlessly in my skin. But i hate the oily sticky thick feeling, you can set it easily with powder but I still prefer a matte finish versus the so called "dewy" finish, more like oily and greasy finish. I plan on going back to my revlon superstay in early tan and I DONT plan on going back to this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 4:58:00 AM More reviews by coloredpencils

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Color 115 was a perfect match. Incredible blending--so easy with fingers. The corresponding concealer tapped around my nose and inner corner/under eyes was perfect.

Yes, I am amazed at how nice this is for a d/s foundation. I keep hearing "dewy," but it's not really that. I'd say a "natural" finish. Enhances skin...makes it look natural A powder set makes sense, especially for those of us with skin that can go oily after an hour or so.

No breakouts after a decent trial (I'll usually get some skin flare with a week it it's going to happen).

Now for those who say it doesn't last on oily skin, well, that's to be expected with a foundation unless you set with powder, maybe blot, and, if necessary, touch up around the nose and mouth. Isn't that what you'd have to do to your makeup eventually?

What I'm really liking about the Fit Me is the natural "good skin" look, how it does not accentuate flakes or lines/pores/color change, and how it can take a blot and powder touch-up without looking overly done.

Call me impressed.

I'd go for it if you want a natural finish liquid foundation that does not accentuate pores/fine lines. I'm a MUFE Face&Body fan...and I'm liking this very much.

Come on! Touching up the makeup is to be expected. The payoff in color match and skin-friendliness makes this a mega-bang-for the 7 or so dollars, especially if you get a buy one with 50% off the 2nd product.

Nice bottle, too. Looks very high-end.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by megelizabethmax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the foundation and concealer in 115 and the powder in 120 (because the 115 powder just looked too pale...) and these on me is SO AMAZING. The foundation gives a really great base - it evens out my skin tone and takes away the redness without looking like a cake or a mask. The concealer hid my faded acne scars and the powder set it perfectly. I didn't expect this from drugstore foundation because I'm a high end foundation snob! I have normal skin, with a few acne scars left and redness around my nose. I don't WANT full coverage, I WANT to even out my skin and look natural. And somehow, this does it! Love it. Not for full coverage, but the perfect light-medium coverage foundation, for its price - can't beat it. I definitely like this more than Colorstay and Neutrogena Healthy Skin.