Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 11/10/2008 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

not only it primes and keep your eyeshadows on... it also take care of any discoloration on your eyelid skin. Like some of us that have purple or pink tone to our eyelids... this product will tone that down too! Love this.. packaging is great because you can get all the product out of tube when it gets low.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

For starters - I can't compare this to Urban Decay Primer Potion because it isn't available where I live.

The product delivers everything that it promises, no creasing and long lasting, bright color. My skin is on the oily side, and it works well for me. I use it every day as a base, sometimes with MAC Paint over the top. It's a medium skin colour and blends in well.

I used it under my incredibly bright 80's themed eye makeup last night, it brought the colours out and was easy to blend. I was naughty and didn't take my makeup off before bed, I woke up and most of it was still on - bright as ever!

The packaging is quite cute, it's in a tube and it's easy to squeeze the correct amount out. The price is good (about $29 Australian I think) and you get a decent amount.

Another thing I like about Too Faced is that they don't test on animals :)

I will definitely buy again.

on 11/8/2008 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I wouldn't buy this again. I'm absolutely in love with UDPP and it does it for me at a cheaper price. I see no difference in performance or color and I actually like UDPP's doe-foot applicator.
***UPDATE*** 02/01/2009
This is nothing compared to UDPP. My shadows crease like hell!!! I was in Charlotte, NC for like three weeks on a business trip and this is all I packed so I had to use it and my shadows did not blend as well, look as vibrant or last like they do with UDPP. I figured out what it is. I really like UDPP's grabbiness becasue that decreases fallout. When I would go to blend with TFSI I would lose most of the intensity of my shadows! I do love this with simple looks, though.

on 11/7/2008 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Is everyone on crack, this is Terr-o-ble. If the purpose is to instantly dry out my lids until they resemble shriveled-up old flesh, then it does it's job perfectly.
This garbage is so un-e/s friendly, that it makes me look like I rubbed in a bit of Coty power onto my lids. Am I doing something wrong? Are you suppose to pray and do a little dance around the toilet prior to application? I just don't get it.

Update: I have reconsidered my some of my harsh words, after reading paint pot reviews. This might be the answer to my creasing paint pots. Still, I can not use this product alone. Two bases are way too many steps for this simple gal. I'm still searching for my HG base, and I have tried it all (UD, Guerlain, Benifit, MAC, TM, LM..you get the point).
I might purchase again.
UpdateII: Okay, but not good enough, it creases. Back to UD.

on 11/7/2008 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It's my first experience with an eye shadow primer so I have nothing to compare it with but I love it anyway. It goes on so smooth, creates a nice even canvas for you to put shadows on. I've found that it doesn't work to great with liquid eyeshadows, that's the only negative. Since it's liquid, you can mix it with your eyeshadow to make a primer that matches. It's lasted me through an 8 hour work day and a 4 hour sweaty dance session at the club. Best part, no creasing!!!

on 11/7/2008 2:12:00 PM

i had been a long time UDPP user, but recently switched over to TFSI. TFSI works a lot like UDPP -- it makes the eyeshadow colors pop, prevents e/s from fading and creasing, and lasts all day. plus....

imo, TFSI is better than UDPP in that TFSI (1) has superior packaging (no more unsanitary wands, depotting hassle, and realizing that after depotting the product is less effective); (2) i need less product to prime my eyelids; (3) formula is more lightweight and less drying; (4) my e/s blend better.

on 11/4/2008 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

All i have to say is that, this is f***en amazing! its been almost 12 hours, and no crease. great for a full time student and worker! i didnt believe it until i tried it for myself. great packaging for such a great product. well worth the price for what it does! of course the UDPP and TFSI battle has ended for me, and like for most people, the packaging is what won it over.

on 10/30/2008 9:47:00 PM

This works just as well as UDPP for me but I like the packaging for this(tube) much better than UDPP which is a pain in the arse to cut open...I'd definitely buy this again!!

on 10/30/2008 7:02:00 PM

OMG!!! Thank you to everyone who wrote helpful reviews on this. I was trying to decide whether I wanted UDPP or this one, but in the end I watched some comparisons on youtube and decided to go for the one with better designed packaging.
It comes in a slim tube with a precision tip so you can control how much you are squeezing out. I only use a TINY amount on each lid. It feels quite dry and matte with a slight powdery feel. It looks translucent on.
This morning I applied it to my whole upper eye area as well as just under the eye before applying powder shadow and eyeliner on top.
I looked in the mirror about 6 times over 14 hours to check and it barely smudged, I got a small eyeliner smudge on the inner corner of my eyes but I hadn't put any primer there, other than that, the colours stayed true and they hadn't disappeared! Normally my eyeshadow only lasts for a couple of hours before it slides everywhere and I get a greasy line of colour in the crease of my lid. Why didn't I buy this before!? This is definitely one of my best ever purchases and I have bought a LOT of makeup over the years. Love it!
Update:
I'm so sad. After using this for about 3 weeks my eyelids have become inflamed and sore. It was definitley caused by this as I don't have any other new products. Don't dare use this now-I took off a lippy but it doesn't mean that you will get the same reaction...I will try UDPP next.

on 10/29/2008 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

works just as great as UDPP but its easier to blend and the tube packaging is much better than the wand applicator that UDPP has. ill be buying this instead from now on.