July 22, 2014 | 1300 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by stcxtc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once I'm done with my bottle, I'm kissing this goodbye. I've used this on-and-off for years and think sticking with it was more out of habit and the MAC hype than the results it gives. When I objectively look at what it does for me -- not enough coverage, makes me break out on my chin -- I don't know why I had separation anxiety from this foundation as it's not "all that" if you know what I mean. Try another foundation besides this one b/c it's no better than some of the drugstore brands I dabble in. Not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Elly902

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I just wanted to put my two cents in here. I have been using this for over a year now. I have acne prone, very oily skin. SO FAR this has been good for me, but I dont LOVE it.Im still searching for my #1. For all the girls that complain it starts to shine, I have worked out the perfect fix for that, sadly it takes 3 other products to do it. You need the MAC Matte Texture. Its a clear gel, I put a bit on the back of my hand, then pump out the foundation, use the brush to bend them together. FIRST you have to use the primer, the one used for oily skin with SPF 50. Then apply make up, THEN apply the blot powder. I assure you you will not shine at all. My BIG draw back with this is that it does not hide fine lines or slightly large pores at all, infact it actually make them look worse. So for the reason, and that reason alone.. Im still searching for a new one. But if you do not have those problems this is a wicked foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by glammisskelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this! all time fave foundation! stays all day long, well i use the M.A.C prep an prime under so i am sure that helps too! but wow what a great product gives me the coverage i want my skin looks airbrushed!!

i have never broken out from this either, if i dont wash my face at night i dont have to worry about having breakouts the next day!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by karibari121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a keeper! I have dry skin so i didnt think it would look really good because usually when i wear liquid foundation my face sucks it right up and i'm left with gross dry spots. This foundation however is just beautiful! I'v been using it for about 2 weeks now and i have not had any breakouts or anything. It does need to be blended in well or you will have streaks. I will buy this over and over again :)

Only bad thing is that you have to buy the pump seperate. But it is only 5$ so not that bad but they should have just added it with the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by enteneu

Unlike many girls, this foundation did not break me out. At first, I did not like this product. I applied it using a foundation brush, and I found that the product still looked pretty cakey. I left it alone for awhile but came back to it because I didn't want my money to go to waste so I applied using a different technique. I used the infamous "Stipple" on method. I still found the foundation to be cakey.

I've given this product another try, this time using my fingers and it's fabulous! When applied with my fingers the outcome is medium coverage (enough to even out my skin tone, cover most blemishes, but still allows some freckles to show through). The foundation is definitely build able. I dab my problem areas with a second layer of foundation instead of using concealer. It lasts all day, (even without "setting" it). I think it's a great foundation, but not the best. There are definitely better alternatives even drug-store wise.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product, thus far anyway. And unlike others I think as long as its applied very lightly it can be wore for day, but its also great for heavier coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Junkie1

I give it 4 lippies because it is a good product. Hides all the blemishes and makes the skin look flawless plus it has sunscreen. However I'm a NC20 or C2 in the studio fix powder foundation and there just doesn't seem to be any equivalent in their liquid format. If I take NC20 I look like Casper the friendly ghost (or the sick ghost!). My other choice is NC30 which makes it look like I went to the tanning salon and covered my body.... I just think they should have colours in between. There is just such a huge discrepancy between those two colours. I gave a 2 for the packaging because liquid foundations should come with a pump, less spillage and waiste.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic3286

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really hesitant to try this because of all the reviews about how this causes people to break out. But since I wanted to change foundations (my Studio Tech was too heavy for an Australian summer) I decided to just give this a go. I really like the coverage this gives and yet it still feels pretty light on the skin. You don't need much product to give you sufficient coverage. I wear this in NC30 and it's a really good colour match. I haven't noticed any break outs since I've started using and I've been using it for about a month. Oh and invest in the pump, it's definitely worth it!!

Edit: This has broken me out and I've had to stop using it. Little bumps started appearing on my forehead and it took a while for them to disappear after I stopped using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Bridie56

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good foundation but a little thick for every day wear. If mixed with a little moisturiser can work really well though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by APRjmar

Great coverage but at the same time it leaves your face looking SO cakey. I much rather go for the natural look.