August 30, 2014 | 1943 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by chels12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite foundation. It provides a full, natural-looking coverage that can also be sheered down. It is great for oily skin, but I have dry skin and it's even amazing on me. I have tried other foundations, but I always find myself going back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by egrenierca

I really liked this product. I have comination skin that is also sensitive and it didn't break me out at all. I have been using it for about a week now and i think it is really great. I would definitely say it is like the revlon color stay but i like this much better because it isn't as thick, in my opinion. when i would wear the colorstay it felt very heavy, and although i like a full coverage look, this doesn't feel heavy on my skin. the packaging is great, although it does not come with a pump. you need to buy that seperately. it is only 7 dollars though and it will last you forever so you only need to buy one. the price of this foundation is also pretty reasonable as well. Think about it. if you go to the pharmacie or walmart, some of the better foundations are atleast 20 dollars and mac is like 30...10 dollars more for a quality product. id rather pay a little more for a better quality and use much less of it so i would definitely buy this again. it doesnt make me oily where i normally might be and gives a nice matte finish. i am soooo not into doing touch ups throughout the day so this is great. it looks as good 10 hrs later as when u put it on in the morning. i will definitely be sticking with this for a while!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by abbyyyy

Love this foundation. I went to the MAC store and got colour matched (NW25), and I use this with MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in Medium. It leaves my skin looking good, and it is easy to apply with a MAC 190 Foundation brush.

I only use half a pump (it is annoying how you have to buy the pump separately to the foundation but once you run out, you can just reuse the pump in your new bottle of foundation) to get the right coverage for myself, so hopefully it lasts a fair amount of time.

This foundation stays on forever. I can wear it for a whole day and it still be on at night. I love it. Not many of my other foundations are able to do that. It doesn't break me out, and I have issues with sensitive skin so that is another bonus.

In terms of price, it is a bit more expensive but these days drug store brands are making their packaging smaller, and their prices higher so you are only paying a little bit more for better quality foundation that lasts longer.

I will definitely repurchase this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticJunkieQUEEN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My all time favorite MAC foundation, I have re-brought this
many times over, cause I find it's still the best at making my acne scared skin looking flawless and also controlling my oily T-Zone. On my fair skin NC15 matches like a dream never makes me look ghostly which a lot of other foundations do. Overall my Top Foundation pick for over 2 years now and still loving it and always will.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by SheilaBea

this was one of the first foundations i had ever used and my first thought was that it was pretty AMAZING!!
the coverage is great, lasted a long time and it has matte finish

however i started to get breakouts like crazy!! i used this foundation for over a month and i didnt realise that it was the cause for the breakouts...
at the worst stage...i woke up to a new patch of pimples everyday !

but over the christmas period i stopped using it and i noticed my skin was changing for the better... i have now switched foundation but find it soo tempting to go back to this foundation because it just looked so good on the skin
apparently revlon colorstay works as well as this but this i can't find a match to my skintone in that foundation (im an nc40) so im settling for no 7 stay perfect foundation, which does not deliver the coverage i now need (courtesy of studio fix)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by lsmith21

This foundation if okay and offers great coverage. Again like most MAC foundations the staying power just isn't there despite using there own recommended primer. It also makes me feel like I am wearing a mask and wipes off in the areas that I touch my face slightly. It doesn't seem to set well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by selinaz

This is a powder based foundation which makes it great for my oily skin.
I find the product quick thick and hard to work with compared to other foundations but I find that if I mix in some of my MUFE anti redness primer it turns the foundation into a much better consistency to work with.
It gives a medium but buildable coverage and doesn't break me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by MSubedar

This foundation goes on great. It is a bit heavy. I love it although it makes my skin break out so much. It does not come with a pump, which you have to purchase separately. Overall it does look great.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by S2K4me

I love MAC products and wanted to love this but it makes me break out like crazy. Started using this a year ago after using LM OilFree Foundation for years and started getting cystic pimples on my chin soon after. My BT attributed it to work stress as chin breakouts are usually hormonal. It never occurred to me it was the Studio Fix fluid as most of my products are MAC and I don't have any problems. Fast forward one year (with lots of extraction facials and now micro-d to get rid of the scars!) I ran out last month and with no MAC store nearby purchased a Lancome foundation at the pharmacy. My skin has completely cleared up not a single pimple. I used some of my sisters Studio Fix on a night out and woke up with a pimple the next day!! Its a shame because it wears well, looks great in real life and in photos and lasts all day even on my oily skin. Its just too heavy. I gave it 4 stars for price because one bottle lasts ages.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

Right now, this is my HG foundation. Of all the foundations that I have used, this one gives me the best coverage. It is highly pigmented, so a little really does go a long way. The coverage is excellent. I have had problems with acne break-outs ever since I was a teen. After I have a break out, I'm always left with those little red "healing" marks that pimples often leave behind. But you'd never even know it thanks to this foundation. It really does make my skin look flawless.
Also, it doesn't seem to aggravate my breakouts at all, which is a huge plus for a girl with acne prone skin. It doesn't make me look greasy either. Nor does it dry me out.

It truly does seem to blend right into my skin, and I have never had a problem with streaky-ness or cakey-ness. I apply it with a make up sponge, and it is extremely easy to blend and apply.

Now, as much as I love this foundation, it does have a few flaws that bug me. Number one is the price. Paying nearly 30 bucks for foundation gets old real fast. If I was ever able to find a lower priced drug store foundation that did everything that Studio Fix does, I'd be all over it. The second flaw is that it transfers easier than any foundation that I have ever worn. I literally cannot touch my face with ANYTHING unless I want to get foundation on it. I work in a medical field and I am often assisting with sterile surgical procedures in which I am required to wear a surgical mask. When I take the mask off, the inside is always covered with foundation. Embarrassing! This foundation has even rubbed off on other people too. I used to date a guy that wore glasses. He would have to wipe his glasses off each time after we kissed, because this foundation would rub off on them. Super embarrassing!! Maybe this is due to the fact that I don't set my foundation with powder, but I have used many other foundations that I have not set with powder and they NEVER transferred as bad as Studio Fix does. This stuff has also stained some of my clothes that it has rubbed off on. I've never had a foundation that stained clothing before, either.

So, I give Studio Fix Fluid 4 lippies because of what it does for my skin, but I took 1 lippie off due to how much it transfers onto everything else, and it's high price. Even with its flaws, it is still the best foundation I have tried so far.