April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Laaadidaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG High coverage foundation. Others Ive tried include Estee lauder Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay...and they do not compare to MAC SFF. I find my best colour matches in MAC as i have tanned skin with strong yellow undertones. My brother's gf used to work for MAC and is now a freelance makeup artist so i have many different shades of SFF to mix and match with from NC 20 to 40, i find it extremely easy to mix the colours to find my perfect match, depending on the season.
I have pretty dehyrated skin so i always use a good amount of moiturizer and pat on Clarins Beauty Flash Balm for an extra boost underneath this foundation. I find best results when applied with the 187 brush and stippled in!! i cannot stress that this method will indeed give your skin a flawless airbrushed appearance. Granted i do not wear this foundation everyday, only for nights out or on days when i need my makeup to last (Ive applied this foundation at 3:30am one morning and it looked perfect when i got home at 10pm after na extremely busy day), so i cannot say how continued use of this foundation impacts on my skin in regards to breakouts, but im very happy using this foundation 1-2 times a week and it lasts for ages as you only need a small amount

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by opodeldok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

very very bad smell, it really used to ruin my mornings (until I have found Revlon Color stay foundation). Donīt like the yellow/orange undertone. Doesnīt stay on all day, leaves marks on clothes (unlike Revlon color stay). Not going to buy that again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foundation i've found that matches my skin well. I wear NC15 and most all other foundations are too dark or too pink for me. This has full coverage and stays put all day. The only downfall for me is that it does tend to be a little cakey looking, probably because I have dry skin to begin with so prep your skin well with a primer and you should be fine. Also, I don't think this product is oil free so if you have problems with break outs it may irritate it a bit. I'm on only my 3rd bottle now and i've been using it for about a year and a half now so they last a pretty decent time. Will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 6:50:00 AM More reviews by bsaucer10

In general this is a great foundation.It isnt for everyone or skin type. I have very dy sensitive skin, anything too harsh will break me out as this did! It did however have great coverage and a beautiful finish if used sparingly. Do NOT CAKE ON!! I think this would work great for oily skin as it seems to be drying on the skin. I have switched to Lancome Photogenic which I adore see review!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Rayonce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THIS WAS SO AWFUL! First of all the artist didnt match my skin properly at all she even got my undertone wrong!!! Disappointing, besides that when I got the darker one I wanted. The foundation goes on fine at first but after about a few hours it starts splotching and turns orange!!!! DISGUSTING im so disappointing. I have no idea what im gonna do with the rest of it. I guess ill use it when I have to only be out for a hour or 2 .

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 2:21:00 AM More reviews by hana86

HellO~ so I'm going to give you a review about this product~!
I have this foundation in NC20, which is quiet alright for my skin colour. By the way, I'm Eurasian and my skin colour is quiet light~ (undertones of both pink and yellow)..! I decided to go for NC20 since my yellow undertones are more dominant. I've also tried NW20 in Mineralize satin finish, but it was kinda gray~red looking..? so I gave NC20 a go and it looks more natural.

The consistancy is very thick (as everybody has mentioned)! so thick. So alittle goes a long way! this foundation is medium-full coverage so you can build your coverage! I like to wear it light and opt for a natural look and it looks so good! airbrushed skin but natural (cuz I apply only alittle bit).

I have some small acne scars from my teenage years and it seems to cover that quiet well. I never use concealer because I feel that concealer breaks me out at times.

It has a great staying power!!!!! omg soo good. I look perfect all day- no need for a touch up but because I have combo skin, I get oily around the nose and I usually wipe the oil off with a tissue.

I also have Revlon colorstay foundation which is very similar to this product (as alot of people have mentioned also). I have it in Sand Beige-! Sand Beige is lighter than NC20!.. but it seems to blend well with my skin. Revlon and MAC... very similar foundations....!! I think I'll use both for different occassions! anyway I'll update on this review later if I must :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by kunnaimeaw

I'm a big fan of MAC but for this product, "No". Normally my skin is clear due to my dedication with good skincare routine. The reason I used this foundation beacuase I just wanted my powder stayed long last during the day. I selected this product because it really matched my skin color and not too expensive. I liked its coverage with natural look, matt but not cakey. What I dislike was that this produce broke me out. I had pimples on my both cheeks and jaws and they were really hard to cure. By the way I don't think I'll use this one again, I'm using my Diorskin Nude now and I love it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sensitiveskin94

Before you read, know that I have DRY, SENSITIVE skin that reacts with pimples when the product is too harsh on my poor face.

My sister had been using this product for ages, returning to it again and again after bouts with Bare Escentuals and other mineral makeups. She loved it!

I have been suffering from mild acne for a year or so now, and it all seemed to started with that darn BE. Finally I went back to my old foundation, Philosophy SAC, and was very happy.

I had a small breakout a few weeks ago, I can only imagine due to my sisters monthly hormones that always seem to effect me even though I am not near my time, and she recommended I try this product. I saved up all of my money and went out at bought it.

The first week I put it on, it was like my skin was magically beautiful. I could not believe the results. I (prematurely) vowed never to go back to other products!

Just this past weekend, large clogged pores and red, painful bumps appeared all over my face, especially my cheeks and forehead. I am so so so angry for trying this foundation!!! The skin I worked so hard to get is now plagued by awful pimples that have made me cry 3 times this week and not want to go to school every day.

How could I have ever trusted this product? UGH!! I'm going back to Philosophy. The only things that MAC can get right are their mascaras and eyeshadows. And thats where their success ends.

Ah nuts. I really put all my cookies in one jar this time. I will NEVER EVER use this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lonlon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Where do i start.....okay so for my prom i got my make up done at MAC. i was having a little bit of acne troubles on my forehead, but nothing too noticible and serious. at the time i thought it was, so i went to mac because i know they did stage makeup that conceals everything. they put this stuff on me, and i LOVED it. the coverage was amazing and my skin looked like a dolls skin! perfect. i barely needed any touch ups at prom, it was just amazing. i went back a week later to buy my own bottle and i was so excited. i went home and put it on and it looked so good! after about 3 days of using this, i noticed break outs on my cheeks. nothign too bad, but i was pissed. i kept using this stuff and my skin gradually got worse and worse. towards the end of summer, it got so bad that i couldn't leave the house. my mom finally made an appointment for a teen acne facial so i could get cleared up before school. the lady giving me the facial said that all of my pimples had make up inside them! she said my face was so infected by this make up that it was causing constant break outs, even when my face was washed. to this day, my acne is STILL there! i was recently put on Accutane to clear me. i am convinced its from this foundation! nobody in my family has had acne, and i never did either. DON'T BUY THIS IF YOU ARE A TEENAGER ! or anybody for that matter. if you want to go a wedding or something, this is for you. just a one time thing. not an every day foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by savannalx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the coverage that SFF gave me. It was a matte finish and it totally covered all my problem areas on my skin. The color match was PERFECT. I'm an nc37, But this stuff broke me out like crazy. After a week of wearing it, I got really deep cystic acne that wouldn't go away for TWO MONTHS! I have really sensitive/acne-prone skin so this may be the reason on why I broke out. Anyway, I don't like this foundation for that reason only. If you're one of the lucky ones who doesn't get break outs from MAC products... I'm jealous! Haha