L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 2/27/2010 3:09:00 AM

UPDATE: I originally wrote a not-too-favorable review on this product but I think my recent experience warrants a new review! I recently went to San Diego and by the second day I had a really dark tan...So my foundation was now too light. By chance, I happened to have a bottle of True Match in shade W6 with me, which is generally too dark for me, but when tanned the shade was a perfect match. My main complaint initially, was that the product was greasy- so since it contains spf 17 I decided to skip my usual moisturizer and just use a primer under it. I used my Sephora anti-shine primer which usually makes foundation blending difficult but since True Match is very, very creamy blending was a breeze. I set it with powder and it looked great. The coverage was medium, but buildable. When I got hone from vacation I bought a bottle of W4 which is almost an exact match to my MUFE HD shade 123 which is my HG foundation!

on 2/26/2010 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Oh no... Where do I begin? I am ready to book an appointment with a doctor because of this. Starting from the beginning, I got sick and tired of not being able to find my shade. Im very fair with yellow undertones. W2 matched perfectly... (although looked ghostly in photographs but that happens with SPF..) Even HE brands could not give me the perfect seamless face disappearing into your neck look. So, I give a lippie for that. Everything else is wrong...
For starters, I have large pores and this sunk right in. I tried many techniques to blend, stipple etc etc... It didnt help so much. The coverage is good (a good medium) other than the messy, cakey pores on my cheek look. But its very average and I need a foundation to cover pores.. not sink into them to make them look more obvious. Yes, I tried two different primers but still... didnt work.
Wore this for a few days... Broke out. Not a regular break out. I rarely break out from foundation because I'm obsessed with proper cleansing and removing mu. A lot of breakouts happen when you arent washing properly... a good oil cleanser followed by a gentle cleanser with a face sponge to exfoliate is a must, imo. (Or however you want to do it- just make sure its removed.)
This is bad... I'm having to use a steroid cream over one spot because of the size and how deep it is under my skin... It wont go away. Its been a week. Still is just as bad or maybe worse! This has never happened with a foundation before. I have had light breakouts that clear up within a couple of days after use... a week at most. There is a huge monster on my face! :-(

This product is alright. I have Porcelain W1 and I like to put it on over my Hard Candy Tinted Moisturizer in Fair and top it off with L'Oreal's Translucide Loose Powder. I have yet to find another foundation that matches me so well but it doesn't seem to want to stick around for long which is a problem when i need it to last through work or dates but, on top of the tinted moisturizer, it seems to stick a little longer.

I bought this in the natural beige color and it matched my skintone so well. Unfort. it does not last long, especially on my oily skin. It also makes my skin dry and patchy. The foundation also makes my face feel really heavy and gross. Too bad, the color was great but this is a no-go for me.

on 2/25/2010 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is my foundation of choice, 100%. Powder foundations don't work very well on me, so I always get the liquid foundations. I got Warm 5 sand beige, and it matched my skin PERFECTLY. It feels light as air and covers all my little marks and imperfections. Dont put too much on or itll look cakey >.< i recommend usong your fingers to blend, not a sponge. I can even use this foundation as an undereye concealer. I give this 2 thumbs up!

Pros: Personaly, I quite liked this foundation. Smooth texture, huge color selection, excellent coverage, pretty natural seemingly good quality for price, I'm acne-prone and this didn't make me break out.

Cons: I'm seeing that this makes people with sensitive skin break out. I'm reading through the ingredients (yes, the obscure chem too) and I'm really not sure why. Also, no SPF

on 2/23/2010 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product when i was unemployed and ran out of my normal foundation, had to go cheaper. did some research and decided to purchase this...big mistake looked cakey and i broke out immediatley.. i did note this as 5 for expensive based on what you got for your money..and what i got was broken out skin...

on 2/23/2010 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The colors do blend very well and matches my skin tone. This foundation did make me break out. It didn't stay long either. I feel it kind of slides of my face. I need a foundation that is going to last 12+ hours and this is just not it.

on 2/22/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have never, ever liked foundation since 7th grade when I first started playing with it...it's always felt thick and heavy, even if it was put on over a moisturizer and very thinly coated w/a brush it still felt gloppy to me. So I didn't touch foundation, ever, literally, in 8 years... now that I'm 25 and with a bit of ruddiness on my chin and around my nose where I'm forever picking at blackheads I figure I'd give it a go on a friend's recommendation. After scouting makeupalley.com for the highest rated ds foundation I figured I'd five this stuff a go. And I'm super-glad I did!!

For 7 bucks I picked up what is now going to be my HG foundation! I used the swatch thingie that Walgreens had attached to the True Match display, and it turned out I matched "N2" I thought this would be too light, but figured I'd give the swatch a try, and it was 100% correct!!

At 7:30 AM I put on my aveeno complexion-clearing foundation, let it soak in, and then dotted the the true-match foundation on with a cosmetic sponge, mainly on my forehead, nose, and chin, with a little bit on my cheeks- it blended in super-well just using the sponge- no streaking, no patches, no blotches, no nothing..except perfectly flawless, even skin. After letting it soak in while I brushed my teeth, I finished it off with a bit of cover girl powder just to set it. The result? My makeup stayed on all day, and looked flawless until I took it off at 8 PM.

I have noticed a mild breakout on my chin since I started using this, but it could just be hormonal, so I'm going to give it another month- but that's the only reason it's got 4 lippies and not 5. Thankfully it's just small whiteheads and not nasty cystic pimples.

Use the swatch tool- you might think it's too light, but I'm willing to bet it will match you perfectly...

EDIT: every now and then this makeup can slip and slide around your nose and mouth- so make sure you really let your moisturizer set before you put it on.

on 2/22/2010 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My only real problem with this foundation is that it doesn't last very long. But I seem to have a very hard time getting any foundation to stay put. :) It's very easy to build coverage. Overall, I do like it. Not horribly expensive. They also have a great color selection. I would buy it again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials