L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 4/29/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was the first foundation I purchased. First off, the color selection is amazing. Almost everyone can find their shade. My shade is Buff Beige N4, meaning I have neutral undertones. My skin is combo/oily. This foundation gives a matte finish and can look cakey at times. When I first used this, I hated it. I rarely wear foundation; only for special occasions. I have dark peach fuzz on my face and this foundation accentuated every single hair. But I figured out what I did wrong. I used a large amount of it so it looked streaky, uneven, and cakey. If you have severe acne, I do not recommend this because my sister tried it out (she has really bad acne) and it was just...awful. To be honest, you only need a small amount. I dipped my finger in the cap and dotted it on areas with blemishes and hallelujah! My skin looked great. You only need a tiny, tiny amount. I prefer a nice, dewy finish but this was okay for being matte. The packaging sucks though. I'm not a huge fan of the glass bottle because you could accidently pour a lot out. The coverage is probably medium-full considering I only use a small amount. However, I would not re-purchase this. I still have a whole bottle and I'm sure there are better foundations out there.

on 4/28/2010 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great foundation. I have dry skin; had been using MAC StudioTech NW20. However, it had started looking cakey/dry on me. This foundation leaves my skin looking both natural and radiant. It blends so easily, it's like it disappears into your skin. It doesn't feel like I have anything on my face. It doesn't have quite as much coverage as the True Match Compact foundation. C3 is just a little too dark; N2 is perfect. Whatever their "optical pearls" are, I believe they work.

on 4/28/2010 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Usually I don't wear foundation but I bought this just in case with my pressed powder and concealer. The consistency is good but not too thick which is a good thing for me. The color match my skin tone nicely but the packing is distasteful for me. I wish they would change it.

The reason why this get 3 lippies because I am not a big fan of ANY foundation but it still a good product since this didn't make me break out

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Disgusting! This stuff looked oily as hell even while I was applying it and it broke me out like nothing I have ever tried before. Granted, this was a few years ago and maybe the formula has improved since then, but I am not willing to take a chance.

on 4/26/2010 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have W1 Porcelain and I love this foundation. It matches my skin tone perfectly and it stays all day. It dries quite fast so that you have to work quickly, but the finish is great.

on 4/26/2010 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Did not like this product the first time I used it. I thought it was too shimmery for my oily skin and it also accentuated my large pores. I got the color W5 which I found to be too yellow and a bit light for my skin tone. I now combine this with my Revlon colorstay foundation (which is too dark for me) and I really like the result.

on 4/23/2010 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It didn't match as well as it could have for being "true match" but it gave my skin a natural glow because it has a lovely gold shimmer but most importantly it felt cakey and heavy for a "light" foundation as well as it not staying on to my face !

I first tried out this product when they were advertisign L'Oreal Go Clean 360 on my college campus and they had a makeup booth. When I first tried it on, it felt super light it gave a natural glow it was pretty. I loved it so much I went out and bought it in W-3 however it doesnt look good on me because my tan went away and now it doesnt match my neutral skin tone. Overall this foundation feels kind of greasy and it does rub off (since I was napping in class and when I woke up m FACE was on my worksheet!) I wouldn't really buy it again, I would try looking for something else. It's too shiny. I dont know what I saw the first day I put this on

on 4/21/2010 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A very mediocre foundation IMO. I don't find the colour matches to be all that great (I'm an NC37-40 with yellow undertones) - none of them had enough yellow and the 'tan' shades were either too pink or too orange. The foundation has some microscopic shimmer in it, which you can clearly see in the bottle but not so much on the face. Spreads pretty easily, dries down to a matte finish. But it looks unnatural. It's not buildable; will look thick and cakey if you do. Didn't break me.

Overall I'm not that impressed.

on 4/20/2010 1:33:00 AM

The idea of this foundation is great. The display in a drugstore has a thick piece of clear plastic with all the shades shown on it. The shtick is you hold it up to your wrist, and whatever color blends the best with your wrist, is your shade. It indicated that I was the lightest shade in neutral, I didn't feel comfortable buying goth makeup so I went the next shade down. Unfortunately this shade is too pink for me so it actually isn't my "True Match." The foundation itself is difficult to blend and feels cakey and like a mask, even though it's light coverage. It also somehow emphasized my bumps (pimples) when most foundations I've tried would help blend them in. I appreciate that this foundation is Oil-Free, however it did not keep the oil I produce at bay and I was shiny after a few hours. I also like that it has SPF. It's not a bad foundation per se, but I didn't like it and I will be returning this to the drugstore.

Video Reviews & Tutorials