Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 6/3/2008 11:05:00 PM

non-irritating cleanser that removes oil & dirt without drying the skin. i really don't think there is anything comparable on the market.. fresh soy cleanser is a close second. update: new formula is not as good as the old one- strong smell of alcohol and more detergents. leaves skin tighter! oh well.. time to find something new.

on 6/1/2008 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have used Purity Made Simple in the shower every morning for the past two years. I love how my face feels after using it... clean and not dry at all. Most of the time I don't even use moisturizer afterwards and my skin is normal not oily. It doesn't foam up but I like that and you don't have to use a lot of it so the product lasts for a long time. Great cleanser!

on 5/26/2008 7:33:00 PM

This is a very gentle cleanser. The smell is nice and my skin feels clean and fresh after using. I'm very picky about what I put on my face, some spots are oily and some spots are dry and easily irritated. Purity is a great option for combination skin like mine. Another concern of mine is breaking out....no problems with break outs or irritation using this cleanser and it doesn't dry out skin at all! The only main concern I have is that it comes out of the bottle too fast and if you aren't careful you end up with way too much and potentially wasting a lot of the product.
BONUS: Amazing for cleaning make-up brushes! Gets the job done yet is very gentle on the brush hairs!

on 5/26/2008 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

One of the only cleansers I've used that takes off eye makeup and doesn't re-deposit it on your face!!! It smells wonderful, takes off ALL my makeup. The only reason I give 4 lippies instead of 5 is that I use another cleanser for skincare purposes afterwards. But I think most people don't use the same cleanser as they do makeup remover. Maybe they should market it as a MU remover. Hmmm...
Anyway, I love this and will go back to it. I just finished the HUGE 32 oz. pump bottle I got off of QVC. It lasted me almost a year and half of daily use!

I've been using this cleanser for years now, ever since I got a large sample from Sephora. It works well for me -- cleanses without irritation or stripping my skin, and I like the fragrance. It isn't very good at removing heavy makeup or my sunscreen, but it's an excellent morning cleanser (or for days I don't wear much makeup/don't go outside). The huge bottle from QVC is an excellent deal (otherwise, it's relatively expensive), though I now get the Philosophy Girl auto shipments. Luckily, their basic skincare package agrees with me.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great basic cleanser. Doesnt try my skin out or make it break out even though it has tons of different oils, but it didn't miraculously clear my skin either. Good basic morning wash and after-gym face wash. I actually like the smell, and it seems to remove makeup and sunscreen pretty good. Just a good, plain, basic safe cleanser. This got me through the winter when Clinique Liquid soap dried my face out too much.

on 5/22/2008 3:22:00 PM

Absolutely LOVE this cleanser. I have very sensitive skin and used clinique for a while but wanted to change things up a bit. I got this as a package and absolutley love it. Not extremely foamy, but leaves my skin feeling clean - not tight - and it is perfect for every morning use.

on 5/12/2008 1:55:00 PM

I tried this cleanser after hearing so many good things about it. I have sensitive/dry skin and I broke out after using it. I've never returned a skincare product before, but I returned this one.

on 5/11/2008 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I love this cleanser. It is gentle and it removes all of my makeup. I have even found other uses for it. It makes a great makeup brush cleanser and I've even used it to take stains off delicate sweaters. The only thing I would complain about is the bottle. It is sometimes very had to get the product out. I usually decant it some from the large bottle into the smaller 10oz squeezable bottle.

on 5/4/2008 4:48:00 PM

I love this cleanser, and will be sad when it runs out!

It takes all my makeup off easily and smells clean & fresh.