Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 6/29/2008 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an okay product... I can see it working for people with normal, balanced skin that they would like to keep that way. However, I battle some oiliness, clogged pores, blackheads, and uneven texture and tone. This cleanser hasn't helped my skin in any of those areas. I DO love the fact that you can use as an all-in-one product. It does a good job of removing eye makeup. But I'm still a big fan of the "squeaky-clean" feeling... this just doesn't seem to take off all of my grime from the day. I tone afterwards, and it always seems like more makeup or oil is still left on my face, and turns up on my cotton ball. So if you've got normal skin- it's a do. If you're like me and need a little somthin' else, I'd recommend passing on this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the concept of this product. An all-in-one gentle but effective makeup remover and cleanser. If only this product lived up to the concept. I think this cleanser does an OK job, and is probably quite nice for teens with normal skin. With all of the cleansers out there, I just don't think this one measures up. When I tone after using this product, I find there is quite a bit of dirt/makeup left behind.

on 6/29/2008 12:37:00 PM

I've been using this now for about 5 years. I have extremely sensitive and reactive skin that is still combo-oily and acne-prone. Most cleansers designed for oily or combo skin are way too harsh, and most cleansers designed for sensitive skin don't get my skin clean at all. This does it all: it truly cleans my skin, remove all makeup (with the exception of very stuborn waterproof mascara), and it leaves my skin fresh, and never dry or tight. It's very soothing too. I know some are not fond of the fragrance, but I like it. I have no desire to try different cleansers, it is definitely my holy grail cleanser. I buy the 32 oz. bottle through QVC or at Nordstrom's anniversary sale, and it is a great value.

on 6/29/2008 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After going through one bottle, which lasted me for a year because I was using it on and off. I feel it's an ok cleanser. It didn't do anything for my acne at all, but i do love the scent and the gentleness of it because it can take off most of my makeup without irritating my eyes. I'm not too sure if I would buy again because of the price.

on 6/28/2008 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried a few different brands of cleansers but Purity has become my favorite and the one I'll be sticking with for a long time! It's gentle but efficient and doesn't dry out my skin. It works well as an eye makeup remover. The best deal is at qvc.com- I buy the 32 oz pump bottle at $36 on auto-delivery.

on 6/28/2008 9:20:00 PM

On my second bottle of the stuff. That's saying a lot for a product w*ore like me. Not only does it smell good and leaves my skin soft and not aggravated, it takes off my eye makeup as well (keep eyes closed. duh) so that I know longer need eye makeup remover. will definitely repurchase.

on 6/27/2008 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. You only need one bottle and the smell of rosewater makes me feel fresh and clean. The quality is very good. Very gentle on your skin.

on 6/26/2008 2:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Talked to a really helpful Sephora rep (helps when your skin type is similar), and she told me I was scrubbing my face too much and to try a gentle cleanser. I bought the 10 dollar small bottle of this, and I love it! The fragrance is calming, it thoroughly cleans my face (and removes makeup), and doesn't aggravate my skin. HG face wash, for sure. Not like cetaphil is so bad, but this seems to do more, clean better and is more glam : )

EDIT: This broke me out and is overpriced for what it is in my opinion.

I didn't like this facial cleanser at all. I was very disappointed because I wanted to like Philosophy products so bad! I generally like a creamier cleanser, like this one, but I found not only did it not make my skin feel clean, it also made me break out. This might be better for someone with dry, sensitive skin. But honestly this stuff was nothing compared Cetaphil.

on 6/20/2008 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for a gentle cleanser for my dry, dry, dry skin. I had used so many harsh cleansers to "help" my acne that my skin was absolutely parched. My friend suggested this. My skin was so dry, that even this cleanser made it feel dry. However, after using strictly this for 2 1/2 weeks my skin was less dry. It removes my Too Faced Lash Injection and my eyemakeup even when I used Urban Decay Primer Potion. It doesn't leave me shiny or tight. If you're looking for a basic cleanser then this is it. Foaming ones made me feel tight and shiny. Purity is a simple cleanser just as it claims. If you want something that exfoliates or clears out pores, or works miracles, then keep looking. I love it in the morning and rotate it at night with other cleansers. But I reach for it the most since it takes off my makeup while cleaning. I used a dime-nickel sized dollop. The 16 oz lasts me about a year using it 1-2 times a day. I used it a ton when I was trying mineral makeup samples. Very happy, and I just stock up during Sephora's FF sale. I heard its pretty cheap on ebay and QVC offers a super large size for a good price.