October 22, 2014 | 935 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Erica01

The product itself is great. It covers nicely, does not looked caked on, and lasts for most of the day. It is easy to apply and blend in. However, it is expensive, running at $26 retail. :( and if you can get past that you must then deal with the horrible packaging. While the bottle is glass and it looks fine, the problem is that it does NOT come with a pump. So it will either take awhile to get it out of the bottle, or you have to go and buy a mac pump seperatly which is another $4-$6. I Think I will eventually break down and get the pump though.

Update: I have notcied that I am having trouble finding a shade for my extremely fair complexion.

Update: I have terribly dry and sensitive skin, and I have noticed that during the winter (I live in Northern Indiana where the winters are somewhat harsh) my skin is too dry for this makeup to blend with my skin...it just looks weird. I have noticed this with other brands, so its really just a problem with my skin (I moisturize a lot, but it is still pretty dry), but I noticed it first with this one long before I had problems with any others.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation in NC30 for a few months now and I have to say, I really do like it. My skin is a mess! I have very acne-prone, oily skin with redness, acne scars and hyper pigmentation (this is on a very bad skin day, btw) so I really need a foundation that can give me nice coverage without looking like I have tons of make up on. This liquid foundation give me really nice coverage that can really range from medium to full coverage, depending on what method I use for application. I'm not 100% happy with the color match, NC30 seems to be too yellow so I may have to go back and try another shade. But overall, I am happy that I gave this a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this product in NC40, which is thee perfect shade for me. The formula itself is very thick, so it covers extremely well. It lasted for the whole day, from 5am-4pm, even when I slept in the car, I woke up without my makeup being melted off. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. To describe it bluntly: It's very chemical-like, similar to paint. Actually, paint smells better than this stuff. It's so horrible that when I put it on, I feel like gagging. So, it's just stored in my makeup chest, used only for special occasions or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by girleygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MAC foundations! They have so many foundation colors, so you always get a perfect match. This product in particular, has great coverage. It's very build-able as well. The formula also glides on smoothly and lasts a long time! But, in my opinion, it is expensive..I paid $25 for it b/c I got the normal bottle (with regular lid/cap). If you want to get the pump cap/lid, then that's another $5 extra..so your total comes out to be $30 for a 30ml/1.0 oz bottle...however, the foundation last for a long time (cause you only need a little per usage), so your money is totally worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by mercimonsieur

This is the fullest coverage foundation mac has to offer and the one iv found. I had mixed feeling about this product from the start i bought it hearing such amazing things about it and it could be a great product but the colour does not work me at all iv been matched twice and sent home each time with an NW15 and an NW20 and they are orange on my face and they don't go pale enough for someone with my very fair complexion and mixed undertones (not pink, not yellow). Im disappointed because I've wasted so much money on this product with horrific result each time. However if you can get your colour correct im positive it would be an amazing product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by vanessali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try out this product. I knew there were comments about breakouts, but I still wanted to try. I got NC25 which was a perfect match. It did change color slightly, but it wasn't a big deal. It lasted all day and covered all that I wanted it to cover. However, when I took off the foundation I broke out really bad. I clean my face religiously with the clinique 3 step system. I use to have a really bad acne probably, but as I got older it went away. Now I only have acne when I get my period. So I was pretty disappointed because I loved the coverage and color match.

I suggest using Revlon Colorstay if you have acne problems. I got it in Sand biege which was a pretty good match to my skin tone. It doesn't break me out and it stays on all day. Only fault is no pump, but you can find that on ebay search for "airless bottle w/ pump"

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by CassieMcF

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I <3 this foundation. It's definitely my HG foundation, it lasts ages and it's the only foundation that hasn't broken me out *touch wood* It gives full coverage and when applied with my 187 brush it makes me look flawless! Since i started using this loads of people have been saying how they love my makeup! Yay for MAC, i think i'm actually hooked on their stuff now..not good for the wallet!! haha!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by stardustedpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

when i first bought it, i thought it was too yellow on me (NC25) and too thick. then i mixed it with my ysl make pink tone make up base and it worked perfectly. the coverage is good and i find it's a versatile product in that you can adjust it's thickness and consistency. of course, if u don't like the hassle and don't like to mix your foundation with moisturizer or make up base, it's not a good product for you. but i like how it looks on me. and i can adjust the ratio of studio fix fluid: make up base according to how much coverage i need. so.. 4 stars.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Jennyxwren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so disappointed with this, I'd been using Studio Fix powder for about a year as my foundation, when I decided to try liquid foundations. I started off with some Max Factor for £10 which worked fine and the colour was a close match but not quite perfect, so I decided to get some MAC studio fix fluid.
I got colour matched instore and in the light there and considering she'd put bronzer and other products on me as well it looked fine, although she had heaped the product on but I thought that was more application technique problem than the product. I finished off what was left of my Max Factor and just tried this. Its NW15 and made me so orange! It was also really cakey and steaked really badly which I never got with MF (might be to do with better colour match though). I then put a blob of the MF foundation next to the MAC one on my hand and the difference in colour is crazy. Wasted money yet again. Thing is NW15 is one of their lightest shades, so I'm going to have to give up on MAC foundations and concealers because this isnt the first time MAC have made me orange :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Mandim508

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It's great to use for those days when your face looks like it's five different colors -- it will even everything out. Sometimes when i see this in the daylight, though, it looks a little too much like, "wow, that's a lot of makeup"... so if I think I'm going to be seen in true sunlight, I'll mix this with a little moisturizer (about 1/3 moisturizer and 2/3 foundation). It helps my dry skin stay moist longer, and it thins the makeup out a little so you can still pack on blush and bronzer and all of that and not look too made up. The versatility of this product makes me like it more, I just wish they would include a pump with the bottle.