December 20, 2014 | 1212 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2002 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have long thick hair and this stuff does the trick to put the moisture back in my hair. I use a little dollop when my hair is wet and then blowdry it. My hair is very thick and course normally, but this makes it soft and smooth as silk...literally! I'm very satisfied with this product and one bottle (5.64 fl oz.) lasts me 6 months!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2002 7:34:00 PM More reviews by cristal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have super-fine, straight hair, which gets so tangeled after washing it I have to spend hours brushing it... After I started using BioSilk my hair is almost always tangle-free though, this is my HG hair product :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2002 12:05:00 AM More reviews by glitter123

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good product for curlies. I hafta use a clarifyer with this of course, but it gives me really good shine without being to damaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2002 6:01:00 PM More reviews by divadenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow, this stuff is great. I received a sample from ciphersnow (great gal) and used a small amount mixed in with my hair gel, dried my hair with a blowdrier and got great body, shine, and softness to my naturally curly hair. First I want to say that the alcohol in this product is denatured, which means it evaporates quickly and alcohol gets an unwarranted bad rap in my opinion (from being in skin care and cosmetics for years). Also, silicone actually seals moisture in, so if you hydrate your hair as you normally do you should love this too. Of course there are exceptions, but wont hurt to try, maybe you will love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2002 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

I really love Biosilk's Silk Therapy! It makes my hair super-shiny and soft! I really wish this was packaged in a pump bottle - using too much can make your hair appear greasy and it uses a lot of the product up, but this is something I would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2002 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Shawnah

I love this product. Not only does it smell great but it has an actually purpose. Smoothes out the frizz and also can be used on elbows and legs in the summertime.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2002 11:38:00 AM More reviews by arvlyn

Silicone and alcohol...oh just want I want to put on my hair! This product only gives the appearance of doing shiny, healthy hair, when in the long run, the coating from the silicones and the alcohol are going to dry your hair out even more than it was before. I threw away the bottle received for free in a swap, now I know why it was swapped away!

My hair is 1c-2a/f/ii - 35" long, fine, thin, color-treated, dry at the ends.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2002 11:21:00 AM More reviews by froggy

I was really scared of the alcohol content in this stuff, but it makes my hair soft and less frizzy. Overall I think it is a great product and definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2002 8:13:00 PM More reviews by SoCalSwingKitten

This stuff makes my hair literally feel like SILK, which is not easy to pull off since I color it every 3 weeks. It's a bit pricey, but a bottle lasts FOREVER!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2002 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Mickie176

Okay, I'm really not sure what to make of this product. My hair is fine and curly. I read that silicone and alcohol are the two worst things that one can put on curly hair, and both are contained in this product. Now, here's the thing -- 1) For the short time that I used it, my hair feel soft and looked shiny. 2)I compared the ingredients to the ones in my OUIDAD Shine Glaze, and found them to be almost the same! OUIDAD, the curly hair gurus, also put cyclomethicone, dimethicone and alcohol in their shine glaze, so... how bad could it be? I intend to do further investigation, and I'll repost when I get the low down. If nothing else, Silk Therapy gives arms and legs a pretty sheen.