September 17, 2014 | 2133 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2002 11:21:00 AM More reviews by froggy

I was really scared of the alcohol content in this stuff, but it makes my hair soft and less frizzy. Overall I think it is a great product and definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2002 8:13:00 PM More reviews by SoCalSwingKitten

This stuff makes my hair literally feel like SILK, which is not easy to pull off since I color it every 3 weeks. It's a bit pricey, but a bottle lasts FOREVER!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2002 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Mickie176

Okay, I'm really not sure what to make of this product. My hair is fine and curly. I read that silicone and alcohol are the two worst things that one can put on curly hair, and both are contained in this product. Now, here's the thing -- 1) For the short time that I used it, my hair feel soft and looked shiny. 2)I compared the ingredients to the ones in my OUIDAD Shine Glaze, and found them to be almost the same! OUIDAD, the curly hair gurus, also put cyclomethicone, dimethicone and alcohol in their shine glaze, so... how bad could it be? I intend to do further investigation, and I'll repost when I get the low down. If nothing else, Silk Therapy gives arms and legs a pretty sheen.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2002 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Amber

Its stinks. And it dries out your hair because of the alchol content. It will make your hair look soft but it will dry it out. This is the worst serum I've used. If you want a good silicone based product, try Philosophy's curly head, its plain silicone and nothing else.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2002 10:15:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff made my hair look so dry and made my split ends totally show up! I am so dissapointed :( I use many serums and oils and I have to say I am truly dissapointed by this one. This is totally expensive too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2002 12:22:00 AM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

well, this was ok--- but i think in the long run, it leaves a residue on my hair.

it was kind of a hassel to use on my long hair (midback) but maybe for gals who have short hair this would work better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2002 6:38:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just the smallest amount of this product at the ends of my hair keeps my locks smooth. It is a bit pricey, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2002 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Kandi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I guess i am in the minority but it was awful with my hair type(dry,color treated,fine)It made my hair limp because it is so heavy and it looked greasy and string y not to mention dull. i love glossers and this one did nothing. it also dried it out even more. i live in a dry climate and my hair just soaked it all in rahter than hvaing lay on top and gving it gloss and shine. Laminates and Even frizz Ease worked for me, i wont touch this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2001 11:48:00 PM More reviews by gilliegaloo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like how this product softens my highlighted hair, and adds much-needed shine. Eliminates fluffy/frizzyness, to which my hair is prone, and makes my layers hang straight and smooth, the way they were cut. Huge rave! But whoa, does it smell! Don't use it on dry hair if you don't want the heavy floral scent following you all day and clashing with your own fragrance, should you choose to wear one. I only use it on wet hair, now; it works much better that way anyway, and the scent fades more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2001 10:10:00 PM More reviews by WaterBaby

This product would be great for people with drier hair. This is great for shine and to moisturize. I've got normal/oily hair so it wasn't really for me. It gave me great shine and my hair felt softer, but I can get the same effect with John Frieda's glosser (which is cheaper).