December 18, 2014 | 1734 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2008 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Mirsela

I've been using DW for about 3 months now. I was recommended this foundation from work (we have E/L and Lancome counters) and when i first used it, it was great but then I'm finding it to be too heavy for every day use. I've got Ivory Beige but I'm still finding it a bit dark for me (I think Fresco would suit me better).
Other cons of this foundation (which I've noticed quite a few people commented the same):

* Dries too quick, hard to blend
* Bottle, no pump, hard to control how much comes out
* I use the MAC 190 Brush and DW clogs it up big time! yuk!
* Looks too obvious/fake
* Not worth the $66 (IMO anyway)
* Hard to remove it at night time
* Not the best smell (although i think MAC foundations have the worst smells)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by MadHungarian

I think there must be something wrong me. I really want to like this because a lot of people are favorable towards it - I feel like I'm missing out:) I have dryish skin and this foundation turns into a huge oil slick on me. I can't actually catch a hint of shine if I glance down at my nose. Try it on for a day before purchasing (over whatever skin care you normally use).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by renee1215

I really like this foundation. It makes my skin look flawless! The only thing is that you MUST really moisturize your skin before applying! If you dont it dries very fast and looks dry and cakey!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not horrible, but nothing to brag about. A bit thick and heavy, does give good coverage, pretty long wearing as advertised. I may have liked this more if there was a shade to actually match my very fair yellow undertone skin. For reference I'm a MAC NC15, BB Porcelain, LM Porcelaine, Tarte - Facade/Fair, Stila shade A or B depending on formula. I wont be re-purchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this and used the whole bottle so I wouldn't feel like I was wasting more $$ BUT like the other reviewers stated, it makes you look artifical like you're wearing a mask. The only good part is that it does stay put all day. I like to look healthy and natural with all-day coverage but this looks bad. I walked into a store that had very bright lights and I glanced into a mirror and was horrified! I felt and looked years older than I really am b/c this stuff accentuates any lines you have and gives a stiff, old-lady feel. Sorry, EL :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Diva007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A miracle in a bottle!

No matter how tired or blotchy or spotty my face is looking, this wonderfull stuff covers it all and gives me a really flawless face.

You have to be careful not too put too much on as it is quite thick and gloopy - I use a brush which is much more controllable than a sponge. I don't reckon fingers would work with this, but it looks natural and fresh and I love it love it love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 2:42:00 AM More reviews by rallu

PROS: medium coverage, it does stay on your face and the color sand was a good match (gets a little orange in the summer) .
CONS: It is very hard to remove it , clogs my pores, u need a very good moisturizer otherwise it will show every single little dry spot u have , it takes ~ half hour to set and not look so fake ,

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2008 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Josianna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it's not bad, it covers up and gives a good finish but its TOO FAKE looking. i want to look naturally pretty and this isnt for that but it does what it says and is a quality product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by mcr29

I am so impressed with this stuff. It covers a multitude of skin imperfections, flawlessly (including redness), stays on for an eternity (ok not eternity, but at least 12-16 hours), and doesnt rub off on clothes (or whatever else touches your face). Also, I have found the perfect shade, (1N1) ecru. The only downside is the old-fashioned glass bottle and that it is very easy to apply too much. I find a dime sized amount is enough for the whole face. Here's a tip. let it set before you judge whether you've put enough on. It looks very different upon initial application until the time it sets (about 5 in I think). It looks like a ghostly mask upon application, but perfect once it sets. Its my new HG, and I found it thanks to recs on MUA. Thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2008 7:41:00 AM More reviews by CliniqueGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm still in two minds about this foundation even though i've been wearing it for 6 months! I wear Shell, the palest shade, and firstly I disagree with the comments that it is not photo friendly- in fact I hate getting photos taken if i'm not wearing it because my skin looks flawless in photos when I do wear it.
Close up though, my skin looks a bit oily when I've worn it for a few hours, especially around my eyebrows (!) although I just put some heavy-ish powder over it and it seems to be fine.
Except... heavy powder over an already heavy makeup is not good for my spot prone skin! Although it didn't look caked and I always receive comments about how porcelain and beautiful my skin is when I wear it. It covers EVERYTHING and thats the main reason why I can't stop wearing it... but it makes more breakout to be covered up!!
The colour selection seems to be good, I find it really hard to get a shade light enough for my colouring.
Expensive, but it lasts for a long time, and has rubbish packaging, although the MAC foundation pump works well with it!