January 28, 2015 | 1110 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 7:40:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

to me this is a superb foundation when paired with clinique pore minimizer instant perfector (when the two are combined, they make an excellent shine control!). it has a somewhat runny consistency and doesn't set off too quickly, thus, is easy to blend using your fingers or a sponge (i'd recommend using a sponge for more even application); lasts a very long time (lasting power is better than any other foundations i've ever tried); won't smudge off on anything; never streaks in an air-conditioned room; doesn't oxidize throughout the day; covers nicely (when used alone, this is medium to full buildable coverage, but when used after moisturizer, light to medium buildable coverage); and most importantly, doesn't break me out (it does say "non-acnegenic" in the packaging)! the finish is natural/dewy so you have to set it with a powder to get a matte look. also, this may accentuate flakiness, so if you have dehydrated or dry or flaking skin, make sure you moisturize well before putting this on. my only complaint about this foundation is their limited color selection. none of the colors matches my light asian skintone! it's really, really too bad coz it's such a great product. if only they had more yellow-undertoned shades for asians, this would easily be my HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A foundation worth every penny I spent on it! I use this in the shade "Bone (1W1)", and I have to say, it's a better color match than I've found, then even with Prescriptives! I have very fair, but quite golden skintones, and have never found a foundation both pale enough and yellow enough, but this shade is spot on! A wonderful matte finish on my very oily skin, while looking like actual skin! Provides a flawless airbrushed look, that can cover fully, or if applied sheerly looks totally natural. This is much better than MAC SFF, and better than the 3 Revlon Colorstay foundations, (and has much better shades). Also, unlike CS or MAC SFF, this does not oxidize even one little bit! Love the physical SPF (although wish it was higher). I apply over moisturized skin, using a proff. cosmetic wedge. What I love most about this foundation, is that I only have to use the tiniest amount for really decent coverage, so one bottle will last me 4 times as long as other foundations, making this a great value for my money. This has such a nice finish, that I don't need to set it, but usually do with Mac Blot or Px Virtual Matte. I recommend buying one of MAC's pumps, it fits perfectly on the DW bottle, and it will make getting the right amount of foundation out easier, and prolong the life of your foundation (since air won't be drying it out every time you open it to use it). Versatile and beautiful, and will forever hold a place in my makeup collection!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2008 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Mirsela

I've been using DW for about 3 months now. I was recommended this foundation from work (we have E/L and Lancome counters) and when i first used it, it was great but then I'm finding it to be too heavy for every day use. I've got Ivory Beige but I'm still finding it a bit dark for me (I think Fresco would suit me better).
Other cons of this foundation (which I've noticed quite a few people commented the same):

* Dries too quick, hard to blend
* Bottle, no pump, hard to control how much comes out
* I use the MAC 190 Brush and DW clogs it up big time! yuk!
* Looks too obvious/fake
* Not worth the $66 (IMO anyway)
* Hard to remove it at night time
* Not the best smell (although i think MAC foundations have the worst smells)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by MadHungarian

I think there must be something wrong me. I really want to like this because a lot of people are favorable towards it - I feel like I'm missing out:) I have dryish skin and this foundation turns into a huge oil slick on me. I can't actually catch a hint of shine if I glance down at my nose. Try it on for a day before purchasing (over whatever skin care you normally use).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by renee1215

I really like this foundation. It makes my skin look flawless! The only thing is that you MUST really moisturize your skin before applying! If you dont it dries very fast and looks dry and cakey!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not horrible, but nothing to brag about. A bit thick and heavy, does give good coverage, pretty long wearing as advertised. I may have liked this more if there was a shade to actually match my very fair yellow undertone skin. For reference I'm a MAC NC15, BB Porcelain, LM Porcelaine, Tarte - Facade/Fair, Stila shade A or B depending on formula. I wont be re-purchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this and used the whole bottle so I wouldn't feel like I was wasting more $$ BUT like the other reviewers stated, it makes you look artifical like you're wearing a mask. The only good part is that it does stay put all day. I like to look healthy and natural with all-day coverage but this looks bad. I walked into a store that had very bright lights and I glanced into a mirror and was horrified! I felt and looked years older than I really am b/c this stuff accentuates any lines you have and gives a stiff, old-lady feel. Sorry, EL :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Diva007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A miracle in a bottle!

No matter how tired or blotchy or spotty my face is looking, this wonderfull stuff covers it all and gives me a really flawless face.

You have to be careful not too put too much on as it is quite thick and gloopy - I use a brush which is much more controllable than a sponge. I don't reckon fingers would work with this, but it looks natural and fresh and I love it love it love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 2:42:00 AM More reviews by rallu

PROS: medium coverage, it does stay on your face and the color sand was a good match (gets a little orange in the summer) .
CONS: It is very hard to remove it , clogs my pores, u need a very good moisturizer otherwise it will show every single little dry spot u have , it takes ~ half hour to set and not look so fake ,

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2008 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Josianna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it's not bad, it covers up and gives a good finish but its TOO FAKE looking. i want to look naturally pretty and this isnt for that but it does what it says and is a quality product