August 30, 2014 | 1753 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by mercimonsieur

This is the fullest coverage foundation mac has to offer and the one iv found. I had mixed feeling about this product from the start i bought it hearing such amazing things about it and it could be a great product but the colour does not work me at all iv been matched twice and sent home each time with an NW15 and an NW20 and they are orange on my face and they don't go pale enough for someone with my very fair complexion and mixed undertones (not pink, not yellow). Im disappointed because I've wasted so much money on this product with horrific result each time. However if you can get your colour correct im positive it would be an amazing product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by vanessali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try out this product. I knew there were comments about breakouts, but I still wanted to try. I got NC25 which was a perfect match. It did change color slightly, but it wasn't a big deal. It lasted all day and covered all that I wanted it to cover. However, when I took off the foundation I broke out really bad. I clean my face religiously with the clinique 3 step system. I use to have a really bad acne probably, but as I got older it went away. Now I only have acne when I get my period. So I was pretty disappointed because I loved the coverage and color match.

I suggest using Revlon Colorstay if you have acne problems. I got it in Sand biege which was a pretty good match to my skin tone. It doesn't break me out and it stays on all day. Only fault is no pump, but you can find that on ebay search for "airless bottle w/ pump"

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by CassieMcF

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I <3 this foundation. It's definitely my HG foundation, it lasts ages and it's the only foundation that hasn't broken me out *touch wood* It gives full coverage and when applied with my 187 brush it makes me look flawless! Since i started using this loads of people have been saying how they love my makeup! Yay for MAC, i think i'm actually hooked on their stuff now..not good for the wallet!! haha!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by stardustedpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

when i first bought it, i thought it was too yellow on me (NC25) and too thick. then i mixed it with my ysl make pink tone make up base and it worked perfectly. the coverage is good and i find it's a versatile product in that you can adjust it's thickness and consistency. of course, if u don't like the hassle and don't like to mix your foundation with moisturizer or make up base, it's not a good product for you. but i like how it looks on me. and i can adjust the ratio of studio fix fluid: make up base according to how much coverage i need. so.. 4 stars.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Jennyxwren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so disappointed with this, I'd been using Studio Fix powder for about a year as my foundation, when I decided to try liquid foundations. I started off with some Max Factor for £10 which worked fine and the colour was a close match but not quite perfect, so I decided to get some MAC studio fix fluid.
I got colour matched instore and in the light there and considering she'd put bronzer and other products on me as well it looked fine, although she had heaped the product on but I thought that was more application technique problem than the product. I finished off what was left of my Max Factor and just tried this. Its NW15 and made me so orange! It was also really cakey and steaked really badly which I never got with MF (might be to do with better colour match though). I then put a blob of the MF foundation next to the MAC one on my hand and the difference in colour is crazy. Wasted money yet again. Thing is NW15 is one of their lightest shades, so I'm going to have to give up on MAC foundations and concealers because this isnt the first time MAC have made me orange :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Mandim508

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It's great to use for those days when your face looks like it's five different colors -- it will even everything out. Sometimes when i see this in the daylight, though, it looks a little too much like, "wow, that's a lot of makeup"... so if I think I'm going to be seen in true sunlight, I'll mix this with a little moisturizer (about 1/3 moisturizer and 2/3 foundation). It helps my dry skin stay moist longer, and it thins the makeup out a little so you can still pack on blush and bronzer and all of that and not look too made up. The versatility of this product makes me like it more, I just wish they would include a pump with the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally found a use for the leftovers of my studio fix. I started using studio sculpt, which covers more and is dewier, but it didn't look good on my oily areas. I use studio fix on my nose and forehead and it's perfect for this purpose. I use studio sculpt everywhere else. good stuff. it photographs much better than studio sculpt also.
Edit: After trying Bobbi Brown and MUFE, I won't buy another MAC foundation unless I'm convinced otherwise. Generally, the color selection hasn't been too good for my skintone and they look unnatural. The foundations from MAC remind me of bad tranny makeup-- heavy and unnatural.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by tolsonc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

An MA recommended this for me. I don't think she really heard that I have very dry skin. This makes my flakes pronounced and really exaggerates every pore and fine line no matter how much I blend. In speaking with someone on Live Chat on MAC online, I mentioned my issues with this, and the associate agreed that this wasn't the best formulation for me - she said it's more for oil control - which I don't need. She really recommended Studio Sculpt foundation (which I've read numerous good reviews for and plan to get in the next couple of days). I gave it two lippies, because even though it doesn't work with my dry skin, it would probably work well for someone with oilier skin as it has a more matte finish. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by whoopwhoopwhoopy

I use this foundation when I go out at night, but for everyday, it's kind of heavy. I buff this on with my Philosophy The Supernatural brush and it gives you a flawless finish, but the coverage is matte, so I have to add some highlighter or blush to my cheeks to not look to done or too dull. MAC's Fix+ also makes this foundation look more dewy. However, this foundation just feels really heavy and lets you know that you are wearing foundation. That's why I can't give it a better rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by p0rtuguesa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use this foundation almost every day when I was in high school. I used this for grad, too. I liked it because it gave me really good coverage with a very small amount of product. It lasted a decent amount of time when set with powder, however I found myself doing quite a few powder touch ups during the day because it made my combo skin VERY shiny. By the end of the day, I couldn't wait to wash it off! It felt too heavy for me.
I gave it an overall rating of 4 just because it wasn't exactly what I personally like in a foundation, but it would be good for someone with maybe normal skin who is looking for a full coverage foundation.