November 24, 2014 | 1848 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this for a while once I got my Mac Pro card, but wasn't too thrilled at first..so I ended up going through all of Mac's foundations trying to find the right one. I'm sorry I ever tossed it aside! I ended up going back to this and discovered how to apply it correctly to get it to look flawless!

I know people say that this makes them break out like crazy, but I only experienced a few pimples at the very beginning which is normal when I switch foundations. Sometimes your skin just has to get used to a product.

Anyways, I take good care of my skin, and wash morning and night, and exfoliate when it needs it. I always use a very light moisturizer (I have oily skin), then primer, and then buff it in with the Sonia Kashuk 187 dupe. I don't need very much of this at all. Make sure to start out with a light application, because it can build up pretty quickly and could start looking quite cakey if you are not careful.

I finish this off with Mac's Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder, and MSF in By Candlelight on my cheeks. My skin looks glowing and healthy...very natural...and it covers the redness in my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by DreaBaybee

I tried this on one day after staying over my friends house fortunately we are the same shade. This is a lovely foundation I had terrible breakout and I didn't even need concealer covers really well but may look heavy if you don't apply well. It lasted all day and I had no streaking this maybe a little too heavy for summer. I am going to buy myself a bottle after I run out of my Satin Finish and MUFE Hd foundation. Also this is alot more natural then the Studio Tech. The only downside is having to pay extra for a pump! Packaging is not great

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by GREENGAL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok. This is a great foundation if you dont have problem skin. It has amazing coverage but made me break out after a couple days. This is perfect for photo shoots and things like that, but not so much for everyday wear. I use this on special occasions only.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by makemeupplease

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm loving MAC studio Fix fluid! I have been in a panic after Prescriptives announced they will be no more, and have been on the search for a new foundation. ( I was not about to stock up on 20 bottles of Prescriptives as suggested by some, but I digress). Anyhow, I tried Revlon Colorstay, Graftobian, and a few others, but even though I love MAC I stayed away from the foundation since I read reviews of it breaking out sensitive skin. I was feeling adventurous one day at MAC and asked about the Studio Fix Fluid. I got a sample and used it the next evening. I was in love from the start since the coverage is great and there is no funky smell like the Colorstay (GROSS!). I am NW20 and can't thank the MA enough for the perfect match! I have not broken out at all and have been using the foundation for about 2 weeks. Plus! $26 instead of $39? Bye Prescriptives! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by ash10twenty

because this found. provides heavier coverage, a little can go a long way.additionally, many of the yellow undertones provided in these foundations work great for those of us with olive skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by TROLLsterStrudel

Heavy coverage that can look cakey, but i just buff it in and it's fine. The color matches blow mines way too dark, but i just blend it in and it looks like a 'natural' tan. People always tell me how flawless my skin looks when i wear this. Kind of expensive but i have repurchased this many times. HG

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by richardb

So i bought this a week ago, and normally i would wait much longer to try a foundation out to make sure it doesnt break me out, but i just couldnt wait!

So i went into mac and the girl matched me to NC20, she put some on my skin and said "oh this is a perfect match, perfect perfect" so i bought it and wore it a few days. I then looked in the mirror by a window and realized my face was wayyy darker and much more yellow than the rest of me. I was kind of irritated that the lady matched me incorrectly but i just went back and exchanged it for NC15, which is still a tad dark, but hey its their lightest shade.

This gives an AMAZING finish, its a really soft matte look. It makes your skin look very soft and matte, almost velvety, yet in certain light it can look slightly glowy. its beautiful. It also photographs beautifully.
It also controls oil pretty well, even when my face gets super greasy it isnt as apparent with this foundation.

It stays on all day, and i havent noticed any transfer. I fell asleep wearing it today, and woke up 2 hours later looking the same.

Ive read many reviews saying its very cakey, mask-like, and makes you look very made up. All i have to say is that they must not be applying it right. I'm a boy and i can make this look natural, one pump looks pretty natural, and two makes you look flawless.
Its not cakey unless applied to dry patchy skin, nor masklike as long as you have the right shade and apply blush/bronzer.

I apply this with a sonia kashuk buffer brush and its amazing!

I will update if i see a worsening in breakouts, although my face is constantly breaking out so its tough to tell.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by OliveGreenSpring

This foundation was my first mac product.. I have spent so much money trying to find a foundation that matches my extremely light skin tone, but I found it with studio fix fluid (I wear NW15.) This is more expensive than your average drugstore brand, but it's well worth it in my opinion. It takes far less product to cover. I have redness in my cheeks and my nose. With other products, I have to use so much foundation that I end up feeling like I have a cakey mask on, but with thisI feel like I have nothing on. Its also very easy to blend and has a natural finished look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by bobthebuilder1234

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. It gives me the best coverage, and even makes my skin look better than most foundations. It does go on a little cakey, but a little Fix+ makes it look dewy. The only downsides are the packaging and the fact that it does make my skin a little oily sometimes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by aalmu90

MAC can be so overrated sometimes. I bought this foundation wanting a slightly cheaper alternative to my all-time favourite Chanel pro Lumiere professional foundation. I read some of the reviews on here first, the good reviews outweighed the negative ones so I bought me self a bottle. The first thing that i noticed was that the consistency felt greasy, I literally felt that i was slapping car oil across my face. I can’t bear touching this with my fingers; I always use a brush or sponger to apply this. Even though the formula is oily, it managed somehow to expose my dry patches! My face was flaky, dry and dull. My makeup looked extremely caked on and unattractive! I was so disappointed, I mean for AUD $48 you’d expect this to perform well. I seriously do not have the time to drive 40 minutes to return this. I do like the NC25 colour match though, hence 2 lippies. I apply this now by mixing in a little with my GC tinted moisturiser, doesn’t look as bad. *SIGH* I hate it when big companies like MAC take their prestigious name for granted. I went and repurchased the chanel foundation again.