L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 6/8/2010 3:39:00 PM

True Match was my go-to foundation for at least seven or eight years. It was the first one I ever found that perfectly matched my pale skin (I wear the lightest shade in neutral or warm) without oxidation - in fact, I still haven't found a HE foundation that suits me quite as well in terms of color. Unfortunately, the staying power of this make-up wasn't great for me. No matter what I topped or primed it with, it never looked good at the end of the day and really accentuated my combination skin. I also sometimes wonder if wearing this for so many years made my skin worse because since I've stopped, I've noticed a massive improvement in pore size and oil production. Oh well.
Still, it is decent for what it is and having relied on it for so many years, I have to give it some props - True Match is a good, inexpensive starter foundation that blends well but lacks longevity.

on 6/8/2010 3:39:00 PM

This is what I call a "cold-climate product" because it has a tendency to melt in the heat. It goes on beautifully and the color is very true to skin, but after just one touch-up it begins to get cakey, especially in the t-zone. So while good for something like dinner and a movie, this is not a good product for all-day-wear, unless you have dry skin and don't require touch-ups.

on 6/8/2010 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been using this for years, even though I also use Dermablend corrective foundation. The reason I use both is to mix the shade I own of True Match with Dermablend to get a color that better suits me. If I didn't have vitiligo...I wouldn't use Dermablend. I would use this on it's own, because it's very blendable, the shades available are reasonably true to life, a little goes a long way, and it's not expensive. This is a particularly good foundation to use with a MAC 187, as it has medium coverage and wants either a stippling application or damp sponge. The only thing I do not like is the glass bottle. I always drop cosmetics in glass.
Overall, a terrific product.

I'm indecisive about the effectiveness of this product, it used to be the only drugstore foundation i bought. in C1 alabaster which is a little pink for me. I was accustomed to buying estee lauder's shell liquid foundation. but coming up short for cash i began purchasing this. At first i thought it had great coverage, but just recently i re-bought it & it was really runny):

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

First off, I'm going to say that this is the first liquid foundation I've ever bought. However I think I can say that it might also be the only I'll ever buy! I had to find foundation for my graduation photos and spent so, so long looking for a brand that would match my pale Asian skintone. After exhausting the drugstore lines I was contemplating just going to get MAC foundation, but I tried this first and I'm so, so glad. I have W2 which is a perfect match for my skin, so I'd definitely rec this to any Asian girls out there. My W4 sister had the exact same experience.

This foundation goes on well - it really is super blendable, and feels light on the face. At first it really does look too pale but after a few minutes it blends into your skin and gives a lovely, non-oily finish. I do have to put on a lot of moisturiser beforehand, so I took one lippie off, but I think this may also be because of my usually un-hydrated skin. Still, once it absorbs better into your face it looks great and has a lovely light coverage which is all I'm really looking for.

I'm not a fan of the packaging; the bottle is a really awkward shape and I always end up pouring too much out which is a bit of a mess to deal with. Something with a narrower neck would be a lot nicer. Otherwise, I'm really happy with this foundation and will probably repurchase when I run out.

on 6/1/2010 6:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A Nice Natural foundation with medium - high coverage. When on sale its cheap enough to buy two and play around with the colors. Works BEST with a sponge, moist sponge and stipple to get higher coverage.

Update 1/12/12

After trying other foundations (again) i still keep coming back to this!! I am using C2 with a few drops of C3 mixed into the bottle, i apply concealer then apply with fingers then go back over with concealer (lightly) then use a sponge to blend out, i don't use powder with this and also looks very natural on a guy. Say what you will the color match of True-match is pretty amazing much, much better than any high end cosmetics.

on 5/31/2010 5:19:00 PM

Very dry and chalklike.

on 5/30/2010 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried the original True Match about five years ago and hated it. Not only was I unable to find a matching shade, even after mixing colors, but the foundation left my face a greasy mess. I tried True Match again recently not expecting much and I was completely blown away. My skin is drier now than it was five years ago but I suspected that the foundation had been reformulated because it is nothing like the old True Match.

This time around, I found a decent match by mixing W-2 with a little W-3 for my NC 20-ish skin. Although W-3 is a little more beige than yellow, I did not see any pink or peach caste to my skin when I mix it with W-2. The coverage and feel of True Match reminds me a lot of NARS Sheer Glow foundation. The finish is not quite as matte as Sheer Glow but neither is it dewy nor shiny like the old True Match. I found that I got the best look by applying the foundation with my fingers and then going back and blending with a damp sponge. I use a Beautyblender but any damp makeup sponge will do. If I want more coverage, I layer more foundation with my fingers and then blend again with the sponge. For fresh and flawless skin, I then use a large, fluffy brush to dust on Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Powder #2 all over the foundation. My skin looks absolutely flawless and like I'm not wearing any makeup at all.

True Match doesn't slip off my face the way the old formula did and does not leave my face a greasy mess by lunchtime. I am very pleased with the new True Match but I wish L'Oreal had redesigned the bottle. For goodness sake, it's 2010. Can we get a pump please? Since I don't use True Match everyday, I make do with pouring the foundation (which is extremely thin and runny) into my palm and mixing the colors with my fingers since I apply the foundation with my fingers anyway. If I used True Match everyday or had to do makeup on other people, I would decant the foundation into plastic squeeze bottles.

True Match is one of the better drugstore foundations and I am definitely keeping it in rotation.

on 5/29/2010 11:48:00 PM

this is the worst foundation i have ever bought, my skin is very oily and even if i use a primer and finishing powder this foundation still becomes very oily after 2 hours max . It doesnt cover well for me , not my acne and not my after acne marks .. i just wanna get rid of it in anyway .. and oh ya it doesnt match my skin color. .. i look too white when i put it on my face but when i go outside the neckline looks pink !!
YUP i wont advice anyone in buying it ...

on 5/28/2010 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was looking to find a foundation that perfectly match my skin tone as my current HG is just slightly off (Revlon Colourstay in Ivory for Combo/Oily Skin). I bought shade W2 and was amazed at how perfectly it blended into my skin. The coverage wasn't the best and I had to really blot the areas of my face where I have more redness (around the nose, acne scars etc.) but I was willing to really try to like this because the colour was perfect. Well...by halfway through the day my face was a greasy oilslick. I tried putting on less moisturizer and more setting powder for the next week or so but it only slightly helped. I should have known better and tossed it in the trash then, however I kept trying to 'make it' work - until about a week later when my face exploded in small, whiteheads (indicative of the acne I get in reaction to a pore-clogging product). So in the trash it went. I don't know if it's just me, but I find it mind-boggling that this product can be considered 'ultra pure' and 'free of oils..and pore-cloggin fillers'. Acne-prone gals beware!

Video Reviews & Tutorials