October 31, 2014 | 1605 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The shade selection is pretty fantastic, but this foundation just can't give me the coverage I need. It's extremely runny. It barely even evens out my skin tone, let alone covers my imperfections. If you already have good skin and your skin tone needs only the slightest bit of evening out, then this might be the foundation for you. I, on the other hand, will stick with my MAC StudioSculpt.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by MollyRoux

blendable, yes but made my face look so dry and cakey. Also bottle is very easy to spill.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Graceful26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I quite like this. Before the True Match I was not much of a foundation wearer so in some ways I am not the most experienced person to judge foundations. I do, however, have a good eye.

I wear C3 and have found the colour to match my skin very nicely. My mother, who was a Chanel makeup artist, told me my skin was looking flawless and then looked at me suspiciously, and was like, "you're not wearing foundation are you"?

I like that it blends well and my skin (being a little uneven and blotchy from old acne scars) doesn't seem to need too much of it - you don't need tp cake it on to get "coverage". It also has an spf of 17 ... not great but not bad, either.

My skin is combination and it seems to me that this would probably work well for normal to dry skins ... I actually find the liquid quite moisturizing. It may clog up oily skins, though, so be careful.

For the price I'm going to say this is a quality product that basically delivers what it promises. I AM now curious about other foundations but, until I find something markedly better, I think I'm quite happy to stick with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Tinka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Odd...I used True Match for nearly three years in different shades until I figured out that none of the shades really matched my skin color and that this product was overall too dry for my skin. It got especially powdery and cakey-looking underneath my eyes, as I had to reapply throughout the day to keep the dark circles at bay!

Talking about reapplying; I also had to apply multiple layers for decent coverage in the morning. Mostly because this foundation is pretty watery. As this watery effect disappears after a few hours, it becomes powdery and the color tends to get darker, and you suddenly find yourself looking like you're wearing a mask..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Lovemily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I like the fact that it has a wide range of color selection because I always fall into the "in between" catagory with foundations-not light, but not medium either. I do put it on my face with my ring finger because any more is too much. Like a review noted below, patting it on your face looks much better then putting it on w/ a brush or pad because it dries immediately. The major plus for me is that I have oily skin and this made my face virtually oil free for the day-this is also after putting a pretty creamy moisturzer. Worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by thoughtbubble

I just started using this product. I was kind of nervous about buying a drugstore foundation b/c my skintone is so weird, I usually need to sample it before I buy it. This one surprised me. It matches very well! It looks really natural and blends very easily. Also, my skin is super oily and after running errands all day, my face feels good, not like a grease pit. Some of the other reviews said it faded or felt oily after a while but I used a moisturizer and primer under mine and it still feels great. I love it:)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by missyjean130

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

They actually have a shade that's suitable for super pale gals. Application is smooth with good coverage,but did not have lasting power.Even when I oil blotted through the day it still seemed to look a bit off.Also,looks drastically different in natural lighting,darker.Never broke me out,and I have acne prone skin.I'm not talking about freaking out over one tiny pimple,I used to have full blown severe acne. Good for drier skin types.Found something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by TheUrbanSombrero

I have very pale skin so I have a hard time finding a foundation that matches my skintone. I bought N1 at CVS and I was very surprised that it matched perfectly and had good coverage. I thought I had found the best foundation ever until a couple days later when I started to break out. I stopped using it about a week ago and my breakout has gone away. Woman with acne prone skin should stay away from this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by CherryD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Worst foundation I have ever tried. I bought it because it was on sale. When I got home I tested it on my arm and it just felt thick and goopy. Figured I'd mix it with moisturizer and thin it out a bit. I applied it with MAC's 187. Even though it was still thick and goopy it went on really really dry. I have an oily T-zone. It made that look dry and flaky. The worst part was that after about 5 minutes. My face started to itch. I removed it right away. But my face is still itchy and red.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by tigerdauphin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I do love this product. I have the round bottle one with the metal/shiny cap. I'm an N2 to N3 and it gives great coverage.

But you have to be really careful when applying. I use my ring finger and pat it on, literally, over my entire face. If you get impatient and rub it on it can streak and not cover as nicely.

But it's a bit heavy. It was one of the lightest foundation I've tried, and I used it for years. But when I switch over to Maybelline Pure Makeup, which is advertised as half water half pigment, this foundation feels very heavy now. But the coverage is much better than Pure Makeup.

When I'm going out for the night and need makeup that won't budge (when used with primer and shinefree powder on top to set) it can last all night.