L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

It's always one of my go to foundations... I am a makeup junkie though, I usually stick with Clinique foundation. But sometimes I'm feeling a little cheap. I do like this product for how long it lasts, the consistancy, and the coverage it gives. I find you want to have your face moisturized with this product with a nice gel moisturizer. Lotion moisturizure before my application makes it slightly greasy, wrinkles show, and just not flattering to my skin. Either way, don't knock it til you try it.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Color match: I used the card thing which has all colors on it, and that never works btw. It made me a cool tone, which has way too much pink undertone as I always fall in the beige family. Maybe I should have gone with the warm tones, although it doesnt make sense. I need yellow undertones.
Coverage: None-Medium 1/5 while it did even out my complexion and got rid of red areas, it actually accentuated my pores and acne
Finish: Natural 5/5 I did like the finish, very natural. Perfect for day wear
Blends: Very well 5/5 It's thin and very very blendable. I like to use my hands with this.
Moisturizing/Hydrating: Didnt notice 2/5 I always look for this in a foundation as I have dry skin
Lasts: Half day 2/5 unless set with powder, and some powders will make this look cakey.
Packaging: I like it, reminds me of a big nailpolish 4/5 wish it had a pump tho!

I liked that it didn't feel like I had much on, but the coverage and lasting time is really bad. I will not re-purchase.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

True Match was a FALSE match for me. My skin tone is dark/deep, and I tried the shade for deep skin tones, and it left my face looking powdery and ashy--just awful!! I immediately took it back to the store for a refund. Will NEVER purchase this again!!

N3 is my shade. Dead on for my NC 25-30 skintone. Glides over my skin with my sephora stippling brush. It leaves a matte finish along with shimmers to give the "dewey" look. I always set with a matte translucent powder and it photographs perfectly! :D I set with a translucent powder and that helps take away some of the shimmer. I like that its oil free and dosent contain talc. Now I can save my estee lauder double wear for nights out and special occasion and use this during the day. Will repurchase

Where I live there is no True Match, but its brother/cousin/relative Accord Parfait, but from my understanding they are the same thing.

I bought this on a sale offer together with its correspondent compact powder, which has been my HG compact powder for years. I LOVE that powder so I thought why not try the foundation too. Big mistake.

First thing first - application. It's very liquid, so it applies smoothly and it blends very well into the skin. Which helps me with absolutely nothing since the coverage is next to non-existent. The literary word would be 'sheer', but even that means heavy coverage for the coverage this foundation gives. My skin looks pretty good, no pimples, scars or spots to hide, just some redness around the nose and on the chin. It failed to cover those. Actually, my face with fdtn on looked pretty much the same as w/o fdtn. I set it with my favorite powder and off I went.

Two hours later - first shock! I had actual beads of sebum on my nose which I hadn't got since high-school with all the hormones running wild and little knowledge of skincare and make-up routine. I blotted the T-zone with the said powder and carried on.

Half through the day - second shock! The foundation was almost gone, my face looked and felt greasy and sticky somehow, despite the numerous applications of compact powder. And it changed its color mildly, but still noticeable. Blotted with powder again, which I knew would last exactly 10 minutes and continued my work day.

In the evening - things looked the same as they did at midday. Numerous applications of powder didn't do anything. The only good thing was in the evening when the fdtn came off very easily using grapeseed oil.

In conclusion: it is such a big disappointment! I don't know what I thinking buying L'Oreal when my HG foundation, Revlon Colorstay was just on the next aisle. Even with the big discount, L'Oreal still isn't worth the money. Now I'm stuck with a foundation I'm never going to use and re-purchase. I don't know for whom this foundation is targeted at, but I'm guessing those people don't really need make-up in the first place - like children, for example.

If you want any type of coverage, be it sheer or light or medium, if you want foundation that stays on for more than 2 hours, that doesn't accelerate oiliness, that doesn't change color, then this isn't the foundation for you. The only good things about it are the pump, the variety of shades and easiness in application. Which are equal to zero if none of the other criteria is met.

overall a good foundation
the coverage isn't as much as I'd really prefer but it's super easy to blend and the color range is pretty good and easy to understand bc it's sorted by undertones
this has never really caused me to break out, but tbh I wouldn't wear it during a rough skin spell bc the coverage isn't as much as I would need
would LOVE if it came with a pump OF COURSE but that is asking too much I think at the price point, it is constantly going on special in drugstores so that is nice overall very good for the money and when paired with a great concealer it's good!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

True Match has a great color range for a drugstore product, especially for girls with yellow/olive undertones. I think that is the best feature of this product. However, it doesn't seem to do well with my very oily skin. It makes me super duper shiny after just an hour. It also seems to accentuate large pores and it definitely clogs. I know you can't expect a drugstore brand to be the cat's meow - especially for foundation. I think a good policy is to spend as much as you can on foundation because 1) you use it every day, 2) it is super noticeable if it isn't flawless, and 3) high quality ingredients are important because the makeup will seep into your skin and potentially cause breakouts, etc.

I stick with Laura Mercier foundations (powder foundation for me because my skin is oily and temperamental).

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this for about a month. I got this on sale (not exactly sure the price). I had ran out of colorstay and there was none in my shade so I picked this up. I easily matched myself up using the little helper they have. I love how they have 3 different undertones. Makes it so much easier to work with

I use W6, which is sun beige. I apply it using the Sigma F80 brush and it applies wonderfully.

It has a gold kinda like sheen to it, which I would say is gorgeous. It is very easy to work with and blends super easy.

It leaves me with a semi-matte finish, but since I'm oily I have to set it.

I took off a lippy because it isn't that long lasting on oily/combo skin. Lovely glow and finish. Definitely would repurchase.

If it's good enough for Dita Von Teese AND Cher it's good enough for me. DvT Twittered some beauty secrets and this foundation was one of them and I can see why. Beautiful flawless finish that isn't masky. It is one of those foundations that the longer you wear it the better it looks. Absolutly in love with this.

This is my absolute favorite drug-store brand foundation! I love the coverage it brings and the fact that it dries fairly matte is a plus any day. I like to spot my face though with my foundation then blend, but sometimes with True Match it tends to dry before I can properly bend it so I don't recommend that method of dotting. Using a damp sponge helps to blend it if it does try a bit fast for you. The only other gripe that I have with this product is the packaging- I wish it had a pump bottle for both convenience and hygienic purposes.