October 20, 2014 | 1944 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by thoughtbubble

I just started using this product. I was kind of nervous about buying a drugstore foundation b/c my skintone is so weird, I usually need to sample it before I buy it. This one surprised me. It matches very well! It looks really natural and blends very easily. Also, my skin is super oily and after running errands all day, my face feels good, not like a grease pit. Some of the other reviews said it faded or felt oily after a while but I used a moisturizer and primer under mine and it still feels great. I love it:)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by missyjean130

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

They actually have a shade that's suitable for super pale gals. Application is smooth with good coverage,but did not have lasting power.Even when I oil blotted through the day it still seemed to look a bit off.Also,looks drastically different in natural lighting,darker.Never broke me out,and I have acne prone skin.I'm not talking about freaking out over one tiny pimple,I used to have full blown severe acne. Good for drier skin types.Found something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by TheUrbanSombrero

I have very pale skin so I have a hard time finding a foundation that matches my skintone. I bought N1 at CVS and I was very surprised that it matched perfectly and had good coverage. I thought I had found the best foundation ever until a couple days later when I started to break out. I stopped using it about a week ago and my breakout has gone away. Woman with acne prone skin should stay away from this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by CherryD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Worst foundation I have ever tried. I bought it because it was on sale. When I got home I tested it on my arm and it just felt thick and goopy. Figured I'd mix it with moisturizer and thin it out a bit. I applied it with MAC's 187. Even though it was still thick and goopy it went on really really dry. I have an oily T-zone. It made that look dry and flaky. The worst part was that after about 5 minutes. My face started to itch. I removed it right away. But my face is still itchy and red.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by tigerdauphin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I do love this product. I have the round bottle one with the metal/shiny cap. I'm an N2 to N3 and it gives great coverage.

But you have to be really careful when applying. I use my ring finger and pat it on, literally, over my entire face. If you get impatient and rub it on it can streak and not cover as nicely.

But it's a bit heavy. It was one of the lightest foundation I've tried, and I used it for years. But when I switch over to Maybelline Pure Makeup, which is advertised as half water half pigment, this foundation feels very heavy now. But the coverage is much better than Pure Makeup.

When I'm going out for the night and need makeup that won't budge (when used with primer and shinefree powder on top to set) it can last all night.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by miakoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i compared true match to make up forever hd foundation and bare minerals powder foundation and id have to say compared to the more expensive brands it does stand up. mfe hd is my hg foundation.

this foundation is pretty good thought for the price. its cheap, it's "super blendable" like it says, and feels like nothing is on your face which is hard to find with foundation and powders these days. i like make up forevers hd foundation's flawless look that is provided in application, but the coverage after one pump begins to look cakey. Id say this foundation is a great start for someone looking fortheir first foundation that wants it to look natural. inconclusionthis product is cheap, looks pretty good, feels like nothing is on your face,theres a billion shades to choose from, so you WILL find your perfect shade, and stays a long time! glad i picked up a bottle! hope this review helped! enjoy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by zunaira

This used to be my favorite foundation for a long time when I didn't know any better. But then it turned on me. It started breaking me out and feeling really oily. The foundation is good for exactly what it says: it is very blendable and the color matches are amazing. I still have never found such a good color match for my yellow-toned skin and thats why i couldn't give up on this for a long time. But this foundation is quite oily and does sort of melt off. The consistency is kinda thin but the coverage is good, but it really doesn't last that long, only for a few hours. It gives a nice glowy finish b/c I think the warm colors have tiny tiny gold specs in it. But then it makes you really oily and melts off.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by livviep

I was really excited to try this product after hearing such good reviews. Sadly, I'm not impressed. I bought W2, but it seems too light, the next shade down is too dark so I don't really have a shade that fits me. Other than that, it is sooo watery! It just settles right into the pores. I feel like I have to put a ton of it on to even make it look like I have make-up. You can still sees dark-circles, blemishes, and redness with it on.. so I'd give it a 1 on coverage. It also dries into a creepy caked-on look (something I thought it wasn't supposed to do?) Perhaps because I'm applying so much.. either way I did not like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

After doing some research, I discovered Dita Von Teese uses this foundation in N1. And this is super *shocking*, to a girl willing to spend as much as takes trying to find that perfect foundation. So I literally ran to drugstore as soon as I read on her Twitter that she uses this. The shade N1 turned out to be a perfect match on me. It has a runny consistency, but it is not sticky like Revlon Colorstay. My only problem is, I could not get this to give me that perfect porcelain skin I was craving!! Dita has naturally great skin so of course anything will look good on her. But on me I still needed a little more coverage...So I added Mineralize Skinfinish on top (she also uses this!!) and it looked pretty good. I did like how easily blended this was, that it is oil-free, and also the great range of shades. When my skin clears up a little more I was definitely be reaching for this more often.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by graznik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this foundation when I was in high school and didn't have a lot of money to spend on make up. I'm also very pale, so most other drugstore brands don't have a shade light enough for me.

The good things about this foundation is the fact that it comes in wide selection of shades, with both cool and warm undertones. Compared to departmentstore brands, it's also fairly affordable. It never caused a break out or made my skin worse in any way. It provides some coverage without being too cakey. The packaging is pretty good too, just a simple pump function.

The not so good things about it, and the reasons that I will never buy it again, is that it's just not that good. Sure, it provides a bit of coverage. But it's not smooth or even, and the finish is too powdery. It's not very pigmented and just feels kind of watery.

The fairly affordable price makes me rate it a 3 rather than a 2.
It's just not good, but it's not terrible either.