November 22, 2014 | 1741 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by VeronicaO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good at removing make up, and thoroughly cleansing skin, but doesn't help acne or blemish prone skin at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by happydaisy

This thing broke my skin out. I think it's because it has so many irritants in it. It even has black pepper (of all things...why would I want to rub black pepper into my skin...). However, it works pretty well as a makeup remover for powder makeup, so I guess that's a plus. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by MCNALS

I am glad I bought the little bottle of this at the checkout corner in Sephora, because this cleanser did not work well for me. I wanted to try something new (I was using Cetaphil which was working..why I insist on changing working routines is beyond me) and after a while I had a horrible breakout...I don't want to say it was only because of this cleanser because who knows? but that rarely happens with my cetaphil.

it is too bad, because i love the smell, the packaging, and the texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by ivone4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great for removing make up... u dun need alot... by far its the best cleanser I;ve used....but its a bit pricey

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by nikkipatel

I think that this is a very good face wash to use in the evening when you want to wash of all the makeup you have used for the day. It is slightly drying though so you HAVE to moisturize well after using it. I don't use this in the morning when I wake up because its just wayyy to drying. As I said, it really helps take of all the make up though!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty00

I would say that this product works very well in taking off your makeup and cleansing the face. It does seem to slightly make your face a little dry afterwards, but otherwise than that it works pretty good.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by inside1solution

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Having read their website and hearing great things about their bath products i decided to buy Purity as it sounded ideal for me.. My skin hated this product. It had the same effects on my face as using soap! It made my skin tight, itchy, red and flaky!! Cant say i'll ever buy this again or bother with Philosophy again... Just wish id found this website earlier!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by AK82

This cleanser is way overpriced for what it does. It doesnt strip your skin or leave it feeling tight. that's about the only positive. it left a lot of eyemake up after i used it (even though on the bottle it says it removes makeup and cleanses and tones in one step). After a few weeks i noticed my skin was starting to break out like crazy. after weeks of trying to figure out what was causing the break out, i switched skin care lines (now using clinique and stella mccartney) and miraculously the breakout stopped. if you read the ingredients, it seems like this stuff is basically pure oil (like most of philosophy's skin care). maybe this is good for someone with extremely dry, mature skin... but if your skin is normal or oily do not use this cleanser!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by ohBetty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a set with Hope in a Jar. Purity is a very pleasant smelling, light cleanser, and is good for the morning to make you feel clean and refreshed. It was gentle and did not dry out my skin. Being a light cleanser, it wasn't good enough to remove my makeup, so I had to use a stronger cleanser at night. Overall, it's a good product for someone who doesn't wear much makeup and doesn't mind dishing out for that level of name brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is extremely gentle on my dry, break out prone skin. I prefer it for the a.m. since, IME, it doesn't remove makeup any better than Cetaphil's gentle cleaner. This is more moisturizing, which is a huge plus for me, esp. in the winter. I'd re-purchase :)