April 19, 2014 | 1756 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2002 1:41:00 AM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hated what this did for me. It made my lashes thin and spidery with little clumps. I don't understand all the hype about this mascara. EDITED TO SAY I think it might be the brush I despise, because in GWP size the mascara is awesome. I thought I was crazy, but other reviewers think this too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2002 5:36:00 PM More reviews by AnnMarie

This really defined and lengthened my lashes, but I like a mascara to thicken them more. This look is too natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2002 4:57:00 PM More reviews by jojobean

I love trying new mascaras all the time, but I keep coming back to this one time after time. I love the look of mile-long, defined eye lashes, and that is exactly what this mascara gives you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2002 10:14:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I had to find out if this was the perfect mascara it used to be 5 or 6 years ago-I was able to snag a gwp and I'm so glad I didn't shell out the full 20 for this-it stunk.My lashes stuck together,it clumped and got in my contacts.I have L'Oreal's voluminous and I'll stick with that-a better mascara for a much more reasonable price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2002 8:36:00 PM More reviews by manon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Isn't this the same as L'Oreal's Voluminous mascara, for just $13 more? It works nicely for a while, building lush lashes with no smudging or flaking, but it quickly (maybe 3 weeks?) becomes clumpy and annoying to work with. For $13 less, you can get the same clumpy mascara at the drugstore and have enough left over for a Stila eyeshadow pan. ;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2002 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Rayvenn

After my not-so-good experience with Lancome's Ampicils Mascara, I realized that at the bottom of my samples bag I have a GWP Definicils mascara and, after hearing raves about this particular one, I decided to give it a shot. Well, at least it was better than the Ampicils, no clumps or anything, but again, I might as well have skipped mascara entirely. Stick-straight eyelashes even after curling them. Blah! I don't see how Lancome can be the leader in mascaras, IMO.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2002 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Sarah1977

This left my eyes very gloopy I clean the wand with tissue but it was still to runny and gloopy I prefer Maybelline one better

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2002 3:49:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I tired this and Magnificils and I like the way that Magnificils look. The Definicils were definitely good because I didn't feel like I was wearing any mascara. Most other mascaras feel a tad bit heavy. I still do prefer the Magnificils because it gave me more of a dramatic look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2002 4:27:00 PM More reviews by beastygirl

Yes, this mascara was great, but it's nothing out of this world. I mean, 21 bucks for a mascara? I'd prefer to stick to Loreal's Voluminous--- it's a similar effect for a much better price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2002 2:12:00 AM More reviews by LadyChristine

This is the on my good macara list. It is a very dry thin formula that does not clump or flake, and only slightly smudges. My lashes are defined and slightly longer with the curl intact but I must admit this mascara doesn't do much in terms of volumizing. I love how I can't even tell I have this mascara on--it is that light and non-irritating. this is a great formula for a defined day look.