Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 1/22/2003 12:34:00 AM

This is a review for the NEW waterproof Defincils. DO NOT BUY THIS. It smudged by late afternoon AND what is worse (and this is unbelievable but too true) it took THREE different eye make up removers to get it all off. I tried the Lancome eye make up remover, then the Nivea eye makeup cleanser and then I washed my eyes again with that DHC bar soap. This is my nightmare because I am 40, and do not want to damage my eye tissue anymore than my natural aging already has.

on 1/12/2003 7:41:00 PM

Great mascara! It dries quickly and never smudges. I just have to be careful when I put it on so that it doesn't clump.

on 1/11/2003 2:33:00 PM

Definitely a fantastic mascara! Really lengthens and defines my lashes -- no flaking, and not much clumping (I find I still need to comb through my lashes with a metal comb).

on 1/10/2003 5:56:00 PM

I didn't buy this product as it was part of a gift with purchase, but I would definitely buy the full size. I'm not a mascara wearer, but this belongs in every woman's make up bag. I only did one coat and it made a huge difference in my appearance. I can see why this mascara has the loyal following that it has.

on 1/2/2003 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Its ok, just ok, nothing spectacular. I got this one in navy, but it doesnt show as much on my dark brown lashes. I thought it would be more dramatic. Cute packaging, doesnt smudge, but clumps. I wish it was a bit cheaper...but thats lancome..

on 12/31/2002 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

HOLY GRAIL!! *insert trumpets, bells and whistles*

After the 500th or so person asked me after peeking at my profile "WHAT DO YOU USE ON THOSE LASHES? LOVE IT!", well heck I thought to give credit where credit is due. I'd like to thank the academy, and Lancome for making Defincils.

I've tried all the cils - Amplicils, Extencils, Flextencils, Everythingcils, and let me tell you NOTHING compares to Defincils.

I was not blessed with great lashes, but with this mascara on - you just might be fooled to thinking I was. *grin* continued >>

on 12/30/2002 2:11:00 PM

I received a mini version of this mascara in a GWP and I was thrilled to be able to try it - but after having used it the last few times I've come to the conclusion that it just doesn't do anything for my lashes. :( I don't notice any flaking which is good, but then again there's no lengthening OR thickening, I look as if I haven't put mascara on. I wouldn't buy this, but I'd probably try the Flextencils and see if that works for me.

on 12/29/2002 5:59:00 PM

My current favorite mascara. Defencils does a great lengthening job and an okay thickening job. Doesn't smudge or flake, but can go on a tiny bit clumpy. Doesn't smear very easily, either. A winner, as far as I'm concerned.

on 12/16/2002 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My HG of mascara (for a natural look). Easy to apply, last a good time, no flaking or clumping. I swear it's tearproof! I've cried with it on and no streaks appeared. It doesn't itch either. **update** I don't know why but this has started flaking and making my eyes itch like crazy. Too bad because I love the look.

on 12/14/2002 12:49:00 PM

I always heard of this mascara as being a holy grail. I resisted for such a long time and stuck to my drugstore ones. I received a sample from a bonus and gave it a try. WOW... what a difference. Drugstore ones always smeared on me but this didn't. It really lasted a 14 hour day with me... greasy eyes and all. Though it didn't give a lot of volume incredibly, it gave my lashes great seperation and wonderful length. Another great thing about the mascara is the ease of washing it off. I didn't need to scrub. I do admit that it is pricey for a mascara but I can understand why people still call it a holy grail. It's the first time I'm not afraid to put on mascara daily!

Top Rated Lancome Products