April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by bstyle

Love this stuff really gets your face clean. Use it twice a day not harsh at all even for sensitive skin. i have a travel size for my shower and one for traveling plus nordstrom sells a big 32 oz bottle last a long time pricey but i wait and get it when they have it on sale. ive tried other things from there line but nothing else worked for me only this what a bummer face wise. But love her shower soaps and amazing grace perfume. Will buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by sandoradora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the product because it cleanses my face and removes all my makeup without stripping the moisture from my face. its very easy to think this cleanser isnt doing its job because it doesnt foam and its so gentle and your face actually feels kind of soft after washing it but it works very well. i have acneprone skin but it does nothing to aggrevate it. i can't say it prevents new breakouts because i still get them occasionally but im almost sure its hormonal and not product driven so if you have sensitive skin im sure this product would work for you too. plus a little goes a long way so despite the cost, it'll last a very long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by krw134

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

About 6 months ago a SA at Sephora talked me into buying this. I have to admit, I didn't have very high hopes for it. I was a bit turned off by the price as well, but figured I could always return it. Well, I'm now on my 2nd bottle so it's safe to say that I like it. I use a glob about the size of a quarter & massage on dry skin. Then I wet my hand and massage a little more and rinse it all off. My skin is clean without being stripped, dried out, or irritated. Other reviewers have commented about the scent of Purity - I actually like it! It's a bit unique, but I don't find it offensive at all. I will continue to purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Ginger30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this cleanser 3 different times over the course of 2 years. I absolutely do not like this cleanser! Each time my facial skin started breaking out about a week after starting to use it, and then, my facial skin remained in a very bad break out mode for the next two months! I don't get cystic acne but this crummy cleanser makes me get cystic acne! The ingredient list is immense and I see that there are very irritating oils in this cleanser.
The reason I kept my bottle of purity is because people rave about this cleanser so that is why I went through this debacle three times. I thought it's gotta work sometime? Not! The bottle of this horrible is gone from my house and I will never ever use the Philosophy purity cleanser again. Enough said.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by amyl715

Bought a small bottle of this, along with the Hope in a Jar, to give Philosophy a try. Used it for about a week and was falling in love, when alas, my 8 year old daughter had a slumber party and she and her friends decided (for what reason, I don't know) to dump my lovely new cleanser down the drain! In the morning, I found an empty bottle and a very remorseful daughter. So, after about a weeks use of Purity, I definitely liked it but now I have to purchase some more. It doesn't lather up like some cleansers, but it removed all my makeup in one wash. My face felt clean and I had no breakouts. Give this cleanser a try...but hide it if you have a bunch of curious little girls stay over!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2008 5:31:00 AM More reviews by susieq101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a wonderful cleanser for people who wear no or little makeup AND for those who wear makeup almost everyday like me. This cleanser gently yet effectively takes off all my makeup, including waterproof mascara. After cleansing with this, my skin is left clean and well-balanced and ready for my morning or night ritual. It's on the more expensive side, though not grossly pricey like Kinerase or Perricone type stuff, but a little goes a long way and the quality is definitely there. If you must have heavy lather in your facial cleanser, then perhaps you may want to skip this, but I recommend giving it a try regardless, and perhaps you too will genuinely like this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryShortcake1

This cleanser is awesome!! I takes off all the traces of my MU. I was skeptical at first when I received a sample, but as soon as I tried it I completely fell in love. I bought the complete Makeup Optional Kit and LOVE IT!! Before Philosophy skincare, I used the complete Arbonne NutriminC Re9 set. I used the line for over a year, but near the end my skin was starting to get filmy and acne started forming. Also, I had to wash my face 2-3 times to remove all the MU. The toner didn't even take it off. Why? I have no clue, plus the whole set cost me around $300 (yikes!). But, with Purity Made simple, all it takes is once. The cleanser can last for months. This product is my new HG. I'm never changing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by JessicaDee

I love this stuff. My face always feels clean after i use it and it doesnt dry out my skin or cause breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by 2strays2greys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite cleanser. I started with a trial size and it lasted a long time. This cleanser smells good, doesn't burn my eyes, and gets off all my makeup -- even mascara. I will keep using this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by starrypinkk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I saw a trial size of this product for sale at sephora and decided to try it out since I had read some good reviews on it. I'm very glad I did! For reference, I have normal to dry skin that never breaks out. This gentle cleanser is very moisturizing for my dry skin. The scent almost reminds me of the Dove bar scent, so if that bothers you, this product probably isn't for you. Since using this product, my skin has felt very soft. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!