Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 9/24/2004 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this with as a gift purchase. I would not buy this because it clumps. I wear contacts and this mascara made my eyes watery

on 9/18/2004 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This didn't work for me at all. After a few hours you couldn't even see it on the tips of my lashes.

on 9/18/2004 4:30:00 PM

This is the ONLY mascara that doesn't run n give me raccoon eyes. What's even funnier is that it's not even waterproof!

on 8/23/2004 4:53:00 PM

this mascara reminds me a lot of my favorite elizabeth arden defining mascara. Its extremely black and dramatic, and it both thickens and lengthens my eyelashes. Mine is a sample, but when i first started using it there would be too much on the wand, so i had to dab it with a tssue, but even after that it gave me dramatic lashes without clumping. Sometimes its a little messy, but in the end its worth it.

on 8/11/2004 11:06:00 AM

got with a GWP and glad i didnt buy the full size because it STINKS! very gloppy, too wet, clumpy, rubs off easily. Separated my lashes into weird spikes and made them stringy ...very odd.

on 8/8/2004 8:28:00 AM

Not a perfect mascara, smudges in sweaty summer weather but better in winter. I have two samples of this and will probably buy this as a party mascara. I will look through other options too, as always, but they'll be competing against this.
Clinique has a place in my heart because of the no-smell aspect.
Edit: I went through the first GWP mascara and took out a fresh one I had kept in the fridge. It was amazing, cool and silky and went on like a dream. I really enjoyed putting it on and usually mascaras aren't fun. I don't know whether it's good to keep it in the fridge, but it did feel good.

on 8/6/2004 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

After testing the GWP version I decided to purchase the full size. It does really make my puny Asian lashes long, thick, and feathery looking. This is a VERY black mascara which I love because it doesn't dry to a soft black. The mascara itself seems like a gel formula. It doesn't smudge or flake on me.

The only bad thing I can say is that it doesn't give as much volume as my HG volumizing mascara L'Oreal Voluminous. continued >>

on 8/4/2004 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I looove this mascara. It's a little too wet for my liking when you first start the tube, but after a week or so, the texture becomes thicker and easier to mess with. My lashes were both longer and thicker when i wore this.

love love love it go and buy this now!

on 7/19/2004 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Nice medium texture - not too drippy, also not too dry/clumpy. The SA told me it was clinique's most dramatic mascara, but it's not that dramatic to me. it's nice just not as much of an effect as i wanted. i have it in sapphire, a dark blue. there's nothing at all wrong with it, just not living up to its name - you might think it would be at elast a little bit vampy.