October 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent mascara that I would buy again.

It builds nice thickness without clumping and does not smear. It separates pretty well and makes lashes look soft and pretty.

UPDATE. This is still a good mascara but these days I usually buy waterproof ones. For waterproof mascara I like BB No Smudge Mascara or Chanel Inimitable Waterproof version.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2004 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Hannah30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Middle of the line expense for mascara. I think the most I've ever paid for mascara was aroun $20. This is a great product if your looking for dramatic, thick lashes. I like to use this along with Cliniques lash building primer. The only thing I don't like is the fact that it doesn't separate each lash well, or keep them separate. However, your lashes are def noticeable and that's what I was looking for. I wish I could find a mascara that makes my lashes thick and silky, but not spikey.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2004 2:20:00 PM More reviews by tonyaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just purchased this product. I actually wanted the Lash doubling mascara, but the store was out. I have to say that I really like this product. I have used other Clinique mascaras and this one is right up there with the rest of them. I have no eyelashes what so ever on the bottom, so I can only use on the top which is kinda scarce. It did make my lashes look longer. I'm sure would look beautiful on someone with longer, fuller lashes. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2004 4:36:00 PM More reviews by roxy_pink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara gives me lush, bold, luxurious lashes. I use this mascara for parties, dances, special dinners ect... I asually minimize other makeup to make my lashes the main focal point. Sometimes I use a bit of see through red gloss like MAC Tinted Lip GLass in Greed, for a glam night or family dinner.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by ezrachica

I was a little disappointed. I will use it until I finish the bottle, but I won't buy it again. I absolutely love the lash doubling mascara, but wanted to try something new, so I picked up high impact. It goes on rather thick and clumpy and does not hold a curl. I will stick with lash doubling from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2004 11:44:00 PM More reviews by mandolin

My new favourite mascara! Gives me lush, long looking lushes without clumping, flaking, or feeling dry. I never noticed how dry other mascaras I've tried are (L'Oreal Voluminous, Maybelline Volume Express), until I tried this. This has a slightly wet formula, but it doesn't smudge at all on me. Very dramatic, yet manages to look natural! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2004 6:19:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A very good mascara.

Lengthens, thickens and has quite a dramatic effect!

Also, does not smudge..even after an hour-long walk in the blazing sun on my super-oily skin.

Ranks right up there with Lancome Definicils, in my book (but not quite as good as Definicils)

I'd consider repurchasing if there was a GWP for Clinique on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2004 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Cheapchic

I received this in my Spring 2004 Holt Renfrew GWP. Normally I walk by the Clinique counter with nary a glance but a pretty GWP bag caught my eye and I was smitten. This mascara didn't knock my socks off. It did lengthen and add volume, but lost the curl within an hour of application. I do not get loss of curl when using Kose, Kiss Me or other Japanese brands. I will keep this in my office drawer for emergency use but won't be buying the full size version any time soon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2004 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So much for high impact - it should be called no impact mascara. This doesn't thicken or lengthen or separate. It's a very basic mascara that is not impressive. If it was called 'basic mascara' and was under AUD20 it would be an OK product. Similar to all Clinique mascaras I have used, there are plenty of better ones on the market for less.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2004 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Jaclyn_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My mom got this as a GWP and gave it to me. I left it in my drawer for a while because I have long and thick lashes already - I use Philosophy's Supernatural Lash Darkener, to avoid looking too "made up." But recently my Supernatural ran out and I needed something to wear until my next order came in the mail. So I tried this mascara, and after I had put it on and combed my lashes, all I could say was "Wow." My lashes looked lusciously long and thick, yet were soft to the touch. They were separated, yet full, and, for lack of a better term, they looked fluffy. This is the look I was hoping for, but didn't get, with Maybelline's Full 'N Soft mascara. In fact, the first time I wore this mascara to work, I got a compliment on my lashes! A female coworker said, "You know, you've got really beautiful lashes. I don't think I've ever noticed that before." I will definitely repurchase!