Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 9/30/2004 7:03:00 PM

I got this in a GWP travel size. Hate it! It doesn't lengthen, volumise or curl at all. In fact, I use a eye lash curler and this mascara seems to drag my lashes down. This one clumps and cause my lashes to stick together. I think the cream is too heavy and Clinique should definitely make a lighter texture. I've gotten compliments with other mascaras but this one looks totally horrid!

on 9/30/2004 1:18:00 PM

I was quite disappointed with this mascara. I absolutely LOVE "Long Pretty Lashes", but I wanted something with a little more drama, so I tried "High Impact" after receiving it as GWP. All day yesterday my lashes rained black snow, and my eyes felt like someone put sand in them. Not good. My quest for dramatic eyes goes on.

Love this mascara. It makes my lashes look natural, yet longer. Will definately buy this product again.

on 9/24/2004 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this with as a gift purchase. I would not buy this because it clumps. I wear contacts and this mascara made my eyes watery

on 9/18/2004 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This didn't work for me at all. After a few hours you couldn't even see it on the tips of my lashes.

on 9/18/2004 4:30:00 PM

This is the ONLY mascara that doesn't run n give me raccoon eyes. What's even funnier is that it's not even waterproof!

on 8/23/2004 4:53:00 PM

this mascara reminds me a lot of my favorite elizabeth arden defining mascara. Its extremely black and dramatic, and it both thickens and lengthens my eyelashes. Mine is a sample, but when i first started using it there would be too much on the wand, so i had to dab it with a tssue, but even after that it gave me dramatic lashes without clumping. Sometimes its a little messy, but in the end its worth it.

on 8/11/2004 11:06:00 AM

got with a GWP and glad i didnt buy the full size because it STINKS! very gloppy, too wet, clumpy, rubs off easily. Separated my lashes into weird spikes and made them stringy ...very odd.

on 8/8/2004 8:28:00 AM

Not a perfect mascara, smudges in sweaty summer weather but better in winter. I have two samples of this and will probably buy this as a party mascara. I will look through other options too, as always, but they'll be competing against this.
Clinique has a place in my heart because of the no-smell aspect.
Edit: I went through the first GWP mascara and took out a fresh one I had kept in the fridge. It was amazing, cool and silky and went on like a dream. I really enjoyed putting it on and usually mascaras aren't fun. I don't know whether it's good to keep it in the fridge, but it did feel good.

on 8/6/2004 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

After testing the GWP version I decided to purchase the full size. It does really make my puny Asian lashes long, thick, and feathery looking. This is a VERY black mascara which I love because it doesn't dry to a soft black. The mascara itself seems like a gel formula. It doesn't smudge or flake on me.

The only bad thing I can say is that it doesn't give as much volume as my HG volumizing mascara L'Oreal Voluminous. continued >>