Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 12/29/2008 9:05:00 AM

If you are acne prone, I dont not recommend this at all. It accentuates ever single blackhead on my face, no good.

on 12/28/2008 7:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is one of those makeups that I bought and then set aside, the color being too light for my then overexposed skin. I currently have it in Dusk. I grabbed it on a whim and was very pleased and surprised with the results! Especially since it is a cool tone (I am guessing by the 2C1 under the color name on the bottle). It made my skin look almost flawless in a very natural way - and it blends perfectly with my light olive skin!! It gives a much more natural look than Merle Norman, which I had previously been using. MUCH. I am eying one of their neutral toned colors - I guess I should just get myself to a department store to try them on.

BTW, even though (and maybe because) I am olive, anything yellow toned just looks horrible. So I am thrilled to have so many neutral shades to pick from. And apparently cool ones too!!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have this and love it. I have acne prone, scarred skin and this covers everything flawlessly. Whenever I wear this, people comment about how clear my face is and ask what I have been doing. I have this in Ecru shade and being very fair skinned, you can still see the foundation line a bit so since this bottle is almost done, I will try it in Shell. As for not coming with a pump, I had a MAC pump left over from when I tried Studio Fix (and hated) and since MAC and EL are affiliated, this pump fits in the bottle and works perfect. A bit pricey but lasts forever, well worth it

EDIT: 2010 - was told at the EL counter that Shell was no longer available :( Was able to grab it at the CCO in PA and so happy I did. This colour is so much better on me than Ecru! Still fills in my pores and smooths my face making it look flawless.

on 12/27/2008 2:49:00 PM

I started using Double Wear about a year ago when Ideal Matte was discontinued. I love Double Wear! It is easy to put on and doesn't wear off at all. I am relatively fair and have found that it is a good match for my skin tone as well. I am usually always on the hunt for a new hg product but I no longer look at other foundations as I have found my hg!

This is a medium to full coverage foundation so if you prefer lighter coverage this may not be for you.

on 12/26/2008 10:54:00 AM

So, after a long search for a new foundation (i wear MMU in the humid summer but need foundation in the dry winter air) I settled on EL DW in the shade Ecru (1N1). My skintone is slightly lighter than MAC NC15 (prob a NC5 or 10) and less yellow.
COLOR MATCH: I am super impressed at the very pale shades EL offers. I never would have thought to try the foundation had i not passed and noticed how light they were! Tried it on a whim and LOVE the results. The color just completely blends with my skin. I tried the shade Linen (1W2) and while it looked good, it was very slightly yellow so i settled with Ecru which is a perfect match.
COVERAGE: I have a lot of acne scarring and an uneven skintone so good coverage is very important to me. This foundation, even with a light application has GREAT coverage. The difference for me is amazing, i still am shocked that it looks like i have a perfect complexion and it does not look like i am wearing a "mask" of makeup. Doesn't cover my very dark undereye circles but not even concealer covers them completely. I love the nice, matte look this foundation gives me.
WEAR: I have combination normal/oily skin and I apply a lotion w/ sunscreen underneath this and then use MAC Blot powder over the foundation. Applied like this, it wears ALL day long for me. I never feel oily or like my foundation is "sliding" off. GREAT wear for me.
OVERALL: I think this will easily become my HG foundation for wearing in the drier winter air. Don't think it'll work for humid South Louisiana summers... nothing but MMU works for me then. Pale girls, check out the shades EL DW has to offer!

on 12/25/2008 4:27:00 PM

My skin has a tendency just to absorb foundations after two hours, base or no base. But not double wear! I love this foundation. I use a brush with it and it gives me even coverage and takes away the red. Becareful near your hairline though. I have to let it dry and then go reblend, because sometimes, even though its the same shade as my skin I can kind of see the foundation line. That being said, I still love it. My favorite thing is the beautiful matte finish. And it is MATTE. When I don't want matte, I put this on as a base underneath another foundation which will also add staying power to that one! If you have dry skin, buff up on the moisturizer. I think most long were foundations are a tad drying.
Packaging: Wish it came in a pump. I wish ALL foundations came in a pump though. I spill things easy

on 12/24/2008 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Very nice, medium to full coverage! Covers up blemishes and discoloration nicely, but since it gives a matte finish, it will accentuate any flaky/dry spots you have on your face.

Only reason why I wouldn't repurchase is that it's too expensive for a small foundation. It works well but I've used other drugstore foundations that work the same.

on 12/24/2008 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product since I was 15 years old, and I am now 19. And I really do love this product it last quite a long time, and it matches my skin pretty well. It looks really nice and I can go from a little bit of cover to full coverage, so I like the control I can get from this. It's really nice, I am in love with this!

on 12/23/2008 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

One of my favorite foundations. Great color match for my fair skin (shell), and great coverage that lasts without being cakey, or clinging to or emphasizing dry patches. I don't always want this much coverage but when I do or I want my makeup to last, this is the one I reach for.

on 12/13/2008 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

For anyone who is skeptical on this product, don't be!! I have never written a review for anything before but I feel that I should for this foundation! Like a lot of people, I have tried EVERYTHING. You name it, I'm sure I've used it. Mac, Loreal, Physicians Formula, Maybelline, Neutrogena, Smashbox, Lorac, Bare Minerals, MakeUpForever, Perfekt, Lancome, Benefit, Clinique, Cover fx, Bourjois, you get the picture! Unlike the other ones, this one does not cake, the color isn't too light at all (which I was worried about reading the reviews) and it makes my skin look flawless!!! I am so happy with this foundation, and finally, my search for the perfect foundation has stopped!! I've only had this foundation on for 4 hours, but so far so good! I have oiler skin and my skin still looks great! Please, anyone who has any hesitation, try it, you'll LOVE it!!!