July 22, 2014 | 1436 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

Awful stuff. It made my dry patches stand out like crazy and I have combinatioin skin, so I am not completely dry. It caked under my eyes and made me look very tired. I am glad that I had a sample from the Estee Lauder counter and that I did not purchase this. I will stay with my Lucidity even tho it doesn't last as long.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by nikkimorse

I really wanted to like this, but it aged me about 5 yrs! No matter how I put this on (fingers, wet sponge) it looked cakey and accentuated lines, pores..ugh! I kept looking in the mirror throughout the day to see if it looked any better..and it did not. Mind you, I put very little on. I did not pile it on and it still looked very unattractive. Way too heavy for me. I'll stick with Revlon Age Defying because it is light and I feel like my skin can breathe. Oh, and you also need a separate makeup remover to get it off. Bottom line.....I don't want makeup to look like makeup, I want to look natural but covered and this did not accomplish that for me. Hopefully I can return this :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by girlinabox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation! If only their lightest colour (Shell) was slightly paler I think it would have HG status for me. I apply this with the MAC 187 and it gives such a wonderful full coverage, almost airbrushed look. The price is expensive but probably not the most expensive foundation I have used. I have a slight gripe about the packaging as I don't find glass bottles of foundation useful at all, especially when they have a neck on the bottle as when it comes to the end of the foundation it is really difficult trying to get the last drops out...however overall I have and would continue to repurchase this until I find a foundation which matches the quality but suits my skin tone a bit better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 6:47:00 AM More reviews by rankers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK so this is a high maintenance product for me but worth it every time. I have combo skin with dry areas and I have to dot this foundation on and then blend with a bronzer brush to get a good application. Coverage is second to none and it stays put until you take it off. I have been using YSL primer underneath and my skin looks flawless. I touch up with the DW powder using a brush 2-3 times a day which is great considering I used to have to do it hourly. This hasn't caused any breakouts but it is hard to get it all off at night so need to take extra care. I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by bwola002

Gorgeous finish! This is my favorite foundation. I've tried so many high end and drugstore foundations and estee lauder tops them all. It lasts all day even in the terrible Florida heat, and makes my face look perfect, covers the little imperfections! I have never broken out from this foundation, but the double wear powder is a different story! The first ingredient is talc, which can clog pores so stay away from the powder if you have sensitive skin. I hate that this foundation doesn't have a little pump but it gives such beautiful coverage that i can deal with it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I like this f/d- coverage and staying power is up there for sure. If you want m/u you won't have to touch up with powder, this is it, and it really delivers on gross, hot sweaty days when nothing else seems to stay on. However, by itself it looks really really matte, which may not suit some peoples' tastes. I think over time I tend to prefer a less-matte look- maybe something a little more natural but with the right coverage as well. So I like this but I definitely need to mix it with other formulas and have the right shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by lathibad

I must admit that I am pleasantly surprised by this product. This is the best liquid foundation I have ever used, and I never thought a full coverage foundation could look so natural. I need foundation to conceal some reddness and hyperpigmentation, so something with fuller coverage is required. I was previously using mineral makeup. While I like the feel of mineral makeup (bare escentuals and everyday minerals), I was never able to achieve the airbrushed coverage I wanted. Also, even with a primer, my makeup always needed a good touch-up several times a day. Double Wear is a great product for those that need fuller coverage and do not want to be worrying about what their face is doing every five minutes. Also, I apply a good dusting of mineral veil (bare escentuals) to help the product set. That sounds like a lot of makeup, but my skin looks more natural that it ever did when I used mineral makeup. I will say that I apply this product sparingly. DO NOT glob this stuff on. It is very thick, and will set super fast. Build the coverage up and only in places that need it. Also, if you have a zit or some pigmentation that needs coverage, use just a bit of concealer and dust with powder, not more foundation. Doing this will help you avoid the mask look, which some people have complained about. Let me also add that I have worked out with this foundation on. It completely stayed in place and I looked great afterwards. Just a slight dusting of mineral veil, and I looked like a movie star. This foundation has helped me achieve totally flawless, natural looking skin that lasts all day.

Update (6/7/2011): To this day, this is my go to foundation. I tried to stray, but just keep coming back. This stuff is amazing. I can literally rock climb in 100 degree heat for eight hours, and this stuff doesn't budge. My HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by vrinda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. In fact I wasn't much of a fan earlier when I was using the regular foundation brush; I also felt that the color was a tad light on my skin. But when I got the Mac 187 brush and used this the first time I nearly fainted with joy...I looked bright and glowy with the perfect airbrushed skin! I like this more than my MUFE foundation as this one really hydrates. When I use the 187 brush I also end up using very little foundation..and thats a plus ! I did notice that it does not last all day though so I take away one point on this..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this Double Wear. Not so much the fact that it covers well (medium to full) but ONLY for the fact that this is the only foundation on the market that stays put throughout the day, it doesn't fade and it doesn't change color. Yes, as mentioned before by other reviewers, it can look cakey when you apply to much (just don't!) and okay the bottle is not great, I also prefer a pomp (why doesn't EL changes his packaging if so many people hate it??) and also, it really doesn't come off easily (but that's just what I want, I want it to be long wearable so for me it is okay that I have to use my cleanser twice to get it off my face at night)
If it is important for you that your foundation stays put all day long, won't smudge and won't change color troughout the day then this foundation is just right for you!!
Tanja

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by spasavvy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation if you need staying power. Being an Esthetician, I am usually behind a steamer and other foundations do not hold up. This foundation does require slightly different application techniques as it tends to set quickly. Once it has set, it is difficult to move so make sure you blend quickly and evenly. This is a buildable foundation, meaning you can layer it for extra coverage in the areas you need it, but you do need to wait for the first layer to dry. You should start off with a small amount and in sections; start with the forehead, blend well and then apply to the cheek, blend and move to the other cheek...etc. If you use serums or moisturizers that have any type of silicone such as estee lauder idealist pore minimizer, then the foundation will not adhere well to the skin and it can cause rolling or wont blend in properly. Once you get it figured out you will love that it covers very nicely in a light-weight feel appropriate for everyday usage not to mention how well it holds up through sweat and humidity.