October 20, 2014 | 1965 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice, medium to full coverage! Covers up blemishes and discoloration nicely, but since it gives a matte finish, it will accentuate any flaky/dry spots you have on your face.

Only reason why I wouldn't repurchase is that it's too expensive for a small foundation. It works well but I've used other drugstore foundations that work the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by veniicebeach

I have been using this product since I was 15 years old, and I am now 19. And I really do love this product it last quite a long time, and it matches my skin pretty well. It looks really nice and I can go from a little bit of cover to full coverage, so I like the control I can get from this. It's really nice, I am in love with this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite foundations. Great color match for my fair skin (shell), and great coverage that lasts without being cakey, or clinging to or emphasizing dry patches. I don't always want this much coverage but when I do or I want my makeup to last, this is the one I reach for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by lorachelve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For anyone who is skeptical on this product, don't be!! I have never written a review for anything before but I feel that I should for this foundation! Like a lot of people, I have tried EVERYTHING. You name it, I'm sure I've used it. Mac, Loreal, Physicians Formula, Maybelline, Neutrogena, Smashbox, Lorac, Bare Minerals, MakeUpForever, Perfekt, Lancome, Benefit, Clinique, Cover fx, Bourjois, you get the picture! Unlike the other ones, this one does not cake, the color isn't too light at all (which I was worried about reading the reviews) and it makes my skin look flawless!!! I am so happy with this foundation, and finally, my search for the perfect foundation has stopped!! I've only had this foundation on for 4 hours, but so far so good! I have oiler skin and my skin still looks great! Please, anyone who has any hesitation, try it, you'll LOVE it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by bjcp1123

I have oily/shiny skin - this foundation gives me great coverage & keeps the shine away for most of the day. I've only been using it a few weeks but even in the cold weather, it's not too drying. I apply with a brush, it does set quickly so I only do a small area at a time using a small amount of product. This is the border of HG for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I began using this about 4 months ago -- during the summer and even though I am fair skinned, the shade "Bisque" which seems a bit dark was perfect for me. I loved, loved, loved this foundation until....the weather turned cold and it literally hurt to wear this foundation. Becuase is it a long wearing foundation, and does such a good job at staying put, it felt like I had a slowly drying mud mask on my face. I have now switched to Lucidity which I am still debating over, but it does not dry out my skin lik Double Wear does. The price for Double Wear is a typical high priced department store foundation and one thing I don't like about it is the bottle -- just a glass bottle that I've almost dropped several times. I wish it had a pump which would make it much easier to apply, but then again maybe with the long wearing formula it would dry up in the pump. Who knows. I might try it again in the Spring, but for winter it just is not meant for dry skin. At least not mine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by CharmmyTina

When I first purchased this product, I really liked it. But after several weeks I noticed my skin looked drier when I had this on, even after moisturizing. It covers well, and is buildable. But I think after I run out of this, I will continue looking for my hg foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 7:40:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

to me this is a superb foundation when paired with clinique pore minimizer instant perfector (when the two are combined, they make an excellent shine control!). it has a somewhat runny consistency and doesn't set off too quickly, thus, is easy to blend using your fingers or a sponge (i'd recommend using a sponge for more even application); lasts a very long time (lasting power is better than any other foundations i've ever tried); won't smudge off on anything; never streaks in an air-conditioned room; doesn't oxidize throughout the day; covers nicely (when used alone, this is medium to full buildable coverage, but when used after moisturizer, light to medium buildable coverage); and most importantly, doesn't break me out (it does say "non-acnegenic" in the packaging)! the finish is natural/dewy so you have to set it with a powder to get a matte look. also, this may accentuate flakiness, so if you have dehydrated or dry or flaking skin, make sure you moisturize well before putting this on. my only complaint about this foundation is their limited color selection. none of the colors matches my light asian skintone! it's really, really too bad coz it's such a great product. if only they had more yellow-undertoned shades for asians, this would easily be my HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A foundation worth every penny I spent on it! I use this in the shade "Bone (1W1)", and I have to say, it's a better color match than I've found, then even with Prescriptives! I have very fair, but quite golden skintones, and have never found a foundation both pale enough and yellow enough, but this shade is spot on! A wonderful matte finish on my very oily skin, while looking like actual skin! Provides a flawless airbrushed look, that can cover fully, or if applied sheerly looks totally natural. This is much better than MAC SFF, and better than the 3 Revlon Colorstay foundations, (and has much better shades). Also, unlike CS or MAC SFF, this does not oxidize even one little bit! Love the physical SPF (although wish it was higher). I apply over moisturized skin, using a proff. cosmetic wedge. What I love most about this foundation, is that I only have to use the tiniest amount for really decent coverage, so one bottle will last me 4 times as long as other foundations, making this a great value for my money. This has such a nice finish, that I don't need to set it, but usually do with Mac Blot or Px Virtual Matte. I recommend buying one of MAC's pumps, it fits perfectly on the DW bottle, and it will make getting the right amount of foundation out easier, and prolong the life of your foundation (since air won't be drying it out every time you open it to use it). Versatile and beautiful, and will forever hold a place in my makeup collection!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2008 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Mirsela

I've been using DW for about 3 months now. I was recommended this foundation from work (we have E/L and Lancome counters) and when i first used it, it was great but then I'm finding it to be too heavy for every day use. I've got Ivory Beige but I'm still finding it a bit dark for me (I think Fresco would suit me better).
    Other cons of this foundation (which I've noticed quite a few people commented the same):

* Dries too quick, hard to blend
    * Bottle, no pump, hard to control how much comes out
    * I use the MAC 190 Brush and DW clogs it up big time! yuk!
    * Looks too obvious/fake
    * Not worth the $66 (IMO anyway)
    * Hard to remove it at night time
    * Not the best smell (although i think MAC foundations have the worst smells)