January 28, 2015 | 1924 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by susancowden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started using Double Wear about a year ago when Ideal Matte was discontinued. I love Double Wear! It is easy to put on and doesn't wear off at all. I am relatively fair and have found that it is a good match for my skin tone as well. I am usually always on the hunt for a new hg product but I no longer look at other foundations as I have found my hg!

This is a medium to full coverage foundation so if you prefer lighter coverage this may not be for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by crimsoncurlzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, after a long search for a new foundation (i wear MMU in the humid summer but need foundation in the dry winter air) I settled on EL DW in the shade Ecru (1N1). My skintone is slightly lighter than MAC NC15 (prob a NC5 or 10) and less yellow.
COLOR MATCH: I am super impressed at the very pale shades EL offers. I never would have thought to try the foundation had i not passed and noticed how light they were! Tried it on a whim and LOVE the results. The color just completely blends with my skin. I tried the shade Linen (1W2) and while it looked good, it was very slightly yellow so i settled with Ecru which is a perfect match.
COVERAGE: I have a lot of acne scarring and an uneven skintone so good coverage is very important to me. This foundation, even with a light application has GREAT coverage. The difference for me is amazing, i still am shocked that it looks like i have a perfect complexion and it does not look like i am wearing a "mask" of makeup. Doesn't cover my very dark undereye circles but not even concealer covers them completely. I love the nice, matte look this foundation gives me.
WEAR: I have combination normal/oily skin and I apply a lotion w/ sunscreen underneath this and then use MAC Blot powder over the foundation. Applied like this, it wears ALL day long for me. I never feel oily or like my foundation is "sliding" off. GREAT wear for me.
OVERALL: I think this will easily become my HG foundation for wearing in the drier winter air. Don't think it'll work for humid South Louisiana summers... nothing but MMU works for me then. Pale girls, check out the shades EL DW has to offer!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by lillyrayne

My skin has a tendency just to absorb foundations after two hours, base or no base. But not double wear! I love this foundation. I use a brush with it and it gives me even coverage and takes away the red. Becareful near your hairline though. I have to let it dry and then go reblend, because sometimes, even though its the same shade as my skin I can kind of see the foundation line. That being said, I still love it. My favorite thing is the beautiful matte finish. And it is MATTE. When I don't want matte, I put this on as a base underneath another foundation which will also add staying power to that one! If you have dry skin, buff up on the moisturizer. I think most long were foundations are a tad drying.
Packaging: Wish it came in a pump. I wish ALL foundations came in a pump though. I spill things easy

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice, medium to full coverage! Covers up blemishes and discoloration nicely, but since it gives a matte finish, it will accentuate any flaky/dry spots you have on your face.

Only reason why I wouldn't repurchase is that it's too expensive for a small foundation. It works well but I've used other drugstore foundations that work the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by veniicebeach

I have been using this product since I was 15 years old, and I am now 19. And I really do love this product it last quite a long time, and it matches my skin pretty well. It looks really nice and I can go from a little bit of cover to full coverage, so I like the control I can get from this. It's really nice, I am in love with this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite foundations. Great color match for my fair skin (shell), and great coverage that lasts without being cakey, or clinging to or emphasizing dry patches. I don't always want this much coverage but when I do or I want my makeup to last, this is the one I reach for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by lorachelve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For anyone who is skeptical on this product, don't be!! I have never written a review for anything before but I feel that I should for this foundation! Like a lot of people, I have tried EVERYTHING. You name it, I'm sure I've used it. Mac, Loreal, Physicians Formula, Maybelline, Neutrogena, Smashbox, Lorac, Bare Minerals, MakeUpForever, Perfekt, Lancome, Benefit, Clinique, Cover fx, Bourjois, you get the picture! Unlike the other ones, this one does not cake, the color isn't too light at all (which I was worried about reading the reviews) and it makes my skin look flawless!!! I am so happy with this foundation, and finally, my search for the perfect foundation has stopped!! I've only had this foundation on for 4 hours, but so far so good! I have oiler skin and my skin still looks great! Please, anyone who has any hesitation, try it, you'll LOVE it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by bjcp1123

I have oily/shiny skin - this foundation gives me great coverage & keeps the shine away for most of the day. I've only been using it a few weeks but even in the cold weather, it's not too drying. I apply with a brush, it does set quickly so I only do a small area at a time using a small amount of product. This is the border of HG for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I began using this about 4 months ago -- during the summer and even though I am fair skinned, the shade "Bisque" which seems a bit dark was perfect for me. I loved, loved, loved this foundation until....the weather turned cold and it literally hurt to wear this foundation. Becuase is it a long wearing foundation, and does such a good job at staying put, it felt like I had a slowly drying mud mask on my face. I have now switched to Lucidity which I am still debating over, but it does not dry out my skin lik Double Wear does. The price for Double Wear is a typical high priced department store foundation and one thing I don't like about it is the bottle -- just a glass bottle that I've almost dropped several times. I wish it had a pump which would make it much easier to apply, but then again maybe with the long wearing formula it would dry up in the pump. Who knows. I might try it again in the Spring, but for winter it just is not meant for dry skin. At least not mine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by CharmmyTina

When I first purchased this product, I really liked it. But after several weeks I noticed my skin looked drier when I had this on, even after moisturizing. It covers well, and is buildable. But I think after I run out of this, I will continue looking for my hg foundation.