April 19, 2014 | 1049 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by avataryangchin

I have looked for a long time for a foundation for my 40 something dry skin, and this is perfect! I typically use clinique foundations, but it just wasnt working for me anymore, so I gave this product a try. It is a dewey finish which works perfectly for my dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by elclark101

I like the coverage of this product. I need to apply with a moistened sponge , I tried my stippling brush and it went on like crap. Although I don't think it lasts that well, but I do like how it looks at the beginning of the day. This does have the nicest finish of all my foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by dahoodmodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm an nc 50 in mac pro longwear and sff, I brought this to be a cheap foundation for daily wear. I loved the sleek packaging and price. Maybelline has expand the color range (they normally have about 8 shades in this there are 18) also like the idea of the matching powder and concealer (which I did not buy) . I got it in the darkest color coconut 355 it was any excellent match the coverage is light but buildable! But the smell is awful! And it made my oily combo skin look greasy (despite claims of being oil free) its like a dewy finish which does not translate well on my oily t zone! If you have dry/normal skin give it a try, oily/combo girls proceed with caution!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Dayday00

I first tried this foundation on my hand, to see the texture. I was amazed by the soft texture, the coverage and how well it hide the "pores" on my hand.
I finally bought it for 8$ CAD at Wal Mart. When I finally tried it on my face, I was surprised! The finish is dewy and quit natural. I love the coverage, that I find medium.
The packaging need a pump, but the bottle is quit classy!
Also, it's not a long-wearing foundation for my oily-combo skin. I really need to touch up during the day, but I'm so in love with it that I don't mind!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by kmod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a nice foundation for combo/dry skin. The finish is dewy and the coverage is medium. I wear 115 and am very pleased with this foundation. A very pleasant surprise for a drugstore foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this foundation to have a very watery, runny consistency...gross. coverage was light/sheer & while i would probably like that during the summer months, the foundation felt like it slipped right off my face. i have combo skin (oily/dry) and even with moisturizing, priming & setting, this foundation was just determined to not sit on my skin. i really hate that it's not a pump foundation & i find myself having to dip my brush into the bottle which just seems unsanitary, even if it's my own personal brush & bottle of foundation. i did try applying this with several techniques and brushes. i used a general foundation brush, a MAC 187, MAC 188 & a foundation sponge. no matter how i applied this foundation, it just never looked good. if you're able to test this before you buy, i would definitely suggest doing so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I purchased this in the shade 210 (sandy beige) which is the lightest in the 200 shade range (medium skintone) as the shades in the 100 range (light skintone) were far too pink or peach for my yellow undertones. When compared side-by-side in the bottle to Mac Prolongwear NC25 it is almost an exact match. Fit Me has a slight more golden hue to it. This is a tad dark for me, due to my pale winter skin, so I apply with a damp sponge to sheer it out a bit, and top with a slightly lighter powder to compensate.

I find this to be very lightweight, blendable, with light to medium coverage and is somewhat forgiving if you've purchased a shade too light/dark (given that you apply with a light hand). While not terribly longlasting, I do have combo/oily skin and have found that if I mix with a primer (not on top of a primer) it lasts all day, with no oxidation. It does not emphasize any lines, dry patches and does not become cakey if layered. I do not notice any strong scent and it is not thick in consistency (like Revlon Colorstay).

This gives my skin a very natural look; almost similar to that of a tinted moisturizer. It evens out my skin tone, while allowing my faint freckles to show through. It has a slight dewiness to it, which I love. I will most likely wear this on a daily basis, and keep other liquid foundations with full coverage for nighttime use or photography.

Packaging is sleek in appearance but lacks practicality. The pour-top bottle can be messy, but I usually shake, open and dip a spatula into the bottle and place in a dish to be mixed with my primer anyway.

This can be found at most drugstores and retails for approximatly $10 CDN. Shades available (that I've noticed) are limited to 12 (4 Light/4 Medium/4 Deep) unlike the 18 shades in the US.

**Concealer and powder shades accompying this line are also limited in Canada.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by strangeaslife

I love the medium coverage of this product. I have a little un-evenness to my skin, some redness, and a few dark acne scars. This does a wonderful job of covering all that up while not making my face look caked on or unnatural. As others have mentioned, it even does a wonderful job of concealing dark circles - if I'm in a rush and don't have time to do concealer, in most cases (running out to the store, etc.) I feel fine with how I look after applying only this to my under-eye area.

The ONE thing about this that I don't like, and it's really a bummer that this might be the case... is that I think it's making me break out. I'm getting large, cyst-like pimples in areas that I haven't broken out in since I was in high school. Since my senior year of high school (and now I'm a senior in college), I've used Revlon's color-stay. Break-outs for me usually always coincide with fluxes in hormones during PMS. This isn't the case right now.

I love this formula so I want to think that it's not this makeup, but for the sake of my skin and my face... I think I need to admit it to myself! :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by AMD18134

I bought this yesterday and wore it to school today. I think the coverage is okay, but its a little too thin for what I'm looking for. I don't like wearing a separate concealer on my spots because either the concealer doesn't match the foundation or it doesn't last very long, and you can see the spots where I put it. Anyway, besides the coverage being a little to sheer, the color oxidized -_- (but then again, 99% of all the foundations I use do, since I'm yellow toned almost nothing works for me). I was kind of nervous that it wouldn't last on my cheeks where I have acne scarring so I used my Colorstay there, and the rest was this. It was a little more dewy than I'd like, but that was ok, but I didn't like the no-pump thing though. I might mix this with my Colorstay and put it in another bottle for this to be efficient... Ok enough rambling, overall I think this is an okay foundation, and I would buy it again if my scars fade & I have less to cover up, and if the price at wal-mart stays the same (around $7) lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by joshnuresh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was skeptical about this product. i have heard so many complaints of this product. things i have heard about this foundation are :
a) the greasy look
b) wears off real easy
c) it oxidizes to an orange look (well i heard this from ginabina on youtube)
d) it transfers real easy
e) and the lack of pump feature
f) light coverage

so lets see wht i think:
a) the greasy look? not so much. u might get tht if u cake it on but if u use a small pea size amount, it should look not greasy. i would say it has more of the dewy look if anything. but i can imagine this working not so well with oily skin though.
b) definitely stood my 12 hr test. and it look just like how i applied it. prolly got a little shinier but nothing gross.
c) didnt oxidize on me! thank god. i was so worried about tht!
d) well tell me which foundation doesnt transfer? but its not tht bad.
e) yes!!!!!! i hate the lack of pump. i always waste some amount of foundation cuz theres no pump.
f) definitely not light coverage. i would say medium-full

all in all, i love foundation. i dont know yet if its my hg, but pretty damn close. i think its best for dry skin, oily skin i dont know for sure

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No