October 26, 2014 | 1069 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2011 4:19:00 AM More reviews by adriennesmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The whole idea of Fit Me sounds good but they definitely need to add more colors. I bought this in 320 and it's too dark for my skin tone, but the next lighter shade is too light. They definately need to work on the darker shades within this line. More wasted money on a drugstore foundation that just doesn't "Fit Me".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Now THIS is an amazing drugstore foundation! Finding a foundation for me NC40-42 skin was always such a pain that I would normally cough up the money for Bobbi Brown's foundation but lately it's been bothering me (and frankly my husband) that my foundation costs more than our water bill. I was in Walmart way too late last night when I came across this foundation and at six dollars and change, even my cheapo husband said "buy it!" I put this foundation on at 1pm with no primer (I forgot), set it with my BB loose powder and went on with my day. It is now nearly 11pm and I almost look more fresh than when I first did my makeup! I am also surprised by the color match as everything in the dark section looked too dark for me. I pulled out the color matching card (ladies please don't ever match your makeup to your wrist color) and saw one very yellow shade among the medium section, number 220. Now how something that light matches my skin is beyond me. This is a thin formula but it's not that thin! Anyways it reminds me of the BB skin foundation which I also love. Four lippies just because of the scent...it's just too strong for something we're wearing all over our faces.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by etooz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is gonna get a short n' sweet review: This foundation gets five stars for HAVING PALE YELLOW SHADES. From what I can tell, it seems like the colors ending in 0 are yellowish, whereas the ones ending in 5 are pinkish. I love this-- being olive/fair, finding affordable, GOOD foundation is like pulling teeth. I use the powder and concealer from this line daily, and the foundation for special stuff. I adore it. I'm sick of shelling out big bucks for yellow foundation from other brands, so this gets big ups from me. It's creamy and not too mask-like, and I think it can hang with the department store brands in terms of overall quality. I hope Maybelline doesn't pull a stupid and discontinue this.

36 out of 40 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow!
Perhaps the less than good reviews are from people who did not read the description of this product. This is a light coverage product, so it is not going to cover major flaws

Pros:
Cost around $6.00.
Great color selection.
Enhances skin almost invisibly. This reminds me a lot of Lancome Teinte Miracle (both products made by L'Oreal).
Nice looking bottle.

Cons:
None

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE: Ugh, even though I still really like this foundation, I did not realize that Maybelline still tests on animals. So I cannot repurchase this since I am eliminating everything I have that is not cruelty free. Jerks!

Wow. I admit it, I had sworn off DS foundations for many reasons, particularly oxidizing, not blending well, horrible shade selection, lack of testers etc etc etc. But something about this foundation appealed to me, I guess their marketing campaign worked. Maybe the shiny black lid reminiscent of MUFE HD or the Nars esque font on the label or the narrow square Diorskin-like bottle .... hmmmm... cunning Maybelline, cunning.

I picked up shade #120 and it is unbelievably perfect. I have never found a shade so perfect in HE or DS foundation. I use MUFE HD in 125 in summer and 118 in winter... and I love it, deeply, but it is $42... this is $6.99.

Yes, it is light coverage, much more than a TM but a bit less than MUFE HD and not as buildable, although I find MUFE HD to be firmly in the medium coverage category, I definitely see my skin though MUFE, and I see my skin through this. Fit Me blends incredibly well, evens out my skintone completely. It feels so good on, luxurious, like a MUCH more expensive product. It does not dry as quickly as MUFE HD so you don't have to do your face in areas. I use my fingers to apply both products and feel that both offer that great natural look. Neither are super matte and I like that.

My skin is dry, not sensitive and not prone to break outs, I do find Fit Me to have less lasting power than MUFE HD if I do not set with powder, and that's fine considering the massive price difference. If I set Fit Me with ELF HD powder or MUFE HD powder it looks amazing and lasts the whole work day and longer.

Cons of Fit Me- no pump, but for the price that's fine, I will wash out an old MUFE HD bottle and transfer the product, the same amount is in both. I did try screwing the MUFE pump directly onto the fit me bottle but it doesn't work, the neck of Fit Me is too wide. Only other con is the smell, grandma, powdery violet smell masking that typical "drugstore foundation" scent. Not nice, but I can also live with that. I think I am used to my MUFE HD which really has no smell. But I expect that from HE, that's like a HE foundation requirement for me.

I am so beyond impressed with this product. If you have dry skin, are looking for light to medium coverage I think its worth trying. I would be hesitant to recommend for ppl with sensitive skin (the fragrance is quite strong), very oily skin (I do not think it will last, maybe with primer and powder, but not sure) or people with serious skin issues who need/want a lot of coverage (this is not very buildable).

For me this will be my everyday foundation for work and weekends, and my MUFE HD will become my special occassion foundation. I am so happy to save SO MUCH money. I love you so much right now Maybelline!!!!!

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

I got the 120 - good match for my skintone MAC NC20-25. Light, natural, soft. I mixed it with moisturizer before applying in order to thin it out, as I do most regular foundations, and this gave me the dewy look I prefer. Fresh and easy if you have clear skin. Not much coverage otherwise. Close to no-fragrance, but sometimes the fragrance bothers me and other times it doesn't (reminds me of a very faint Cashmere Mist). Nice modern bottle with a generous sized opening so you don't have to fight to get the product out, and you can stand the bottle on end as product moves toward the bottom. Great value for the price. I would prefer unfragranced and no SPF.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

I have never used foundation on a daily basis until I found this. I had seen the ads and displays and never paid any attention until I watched a YouTube review (nguerriero19) and also due to the fact that I found it for $5 at Ulta and it was buy one get one 50% off. I got this in 2 shades, 120 for now as I am pale, and 320 for when the weather warms up and I am tan.
I find myself using this everyday because it is really just a very lovely product. It goes on smooth and blends with ease. It matches my skintone perfectly and provides very light coverage which I like because I'm not trying to cover anything up on my face, I just want a perfect looking healthy look. Since I have been using this, people constantly ask what I'm doing different to my skin, they can't tell I'm wearing makeup!
I have another foundation that I like and use, the Korres Ginger and vitamins foundation, but it is about $20 more, so I use both and rotate them.
UPDATE: I was using this in the winter and it wasn't so bad, but now that it's warm out I wouldn't dare. The formula is so wet and makes my skin feel oily. This is not the makeup to wear if you want to feel fresh. I now use Korres, True Match or, my favorite, Loreal Visible Lift with serum, that one is the best.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved the color (I'm SUPER fair/porcelain) and it actually matched me perfectly. Coverage was nice enough also. Though I think it may have emphasized some dry skin.However, I can't get past the FRAGRANCE in this. Why put FRAGRANCE in foundation? I have sensitive skin and this made me ITCH. No way will I ever buy this again. I returned it to Walmart and got my money back and kept my current fave Covergirl Trueblend liquid which I used a few years ago and have gone back to.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by JennySG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to be able to like this foundation. The color is great. I had to purchase both 120 and 115 to finally settle on 115. It matches my skin tone perfectly, blends very easily, gives medium coverage and looks natural. I was so excited because it is so cheap compare (only $9 to the $40 of my HD foundation). But it broke me out all around my lips and chin. And now I cant use it anymore : (
Back to Makeup for Ever HD.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this foundation goes on great on my skin.
my skin is normal to dry.
it doesn't feel like a mask or like its sitting on my skin.
it's a light to medium coverage. i can build it up to where i need more coverage but sheer it out where my skin is better.
i do find that applying less to start out with and blending out with a duo fiber brush then apply to specific areas with my finger and a sponge to get more coverage where it's needed.
i also think this wears better once it's warmed on the skin. you can truly see the dewy but not tacky finish even when set with a light powder. i feel like this wears around 8 hours. i wouldn't call it a long wearing foundation or anything.
i can totally see this not working on oilier skin types. but i do really like this product and was pleasantly surprised it worked so well with my skin.
now the cons and the reasons i took a lippie off. there is quite a strong fragrance to this foundation, it's a little distracting. to me the fragrance is very traditional to drug store foundation. very old school fragrance. i didn't expect it to have that scent since this seems like its being marketed towards younger women.
also though i do like the look of the bottle i don't like that it doesn't have a pump. it's really easy to pour out too much and over apply the foundation with this packaging and it gets really messy. i would really kill for a pump for this foundation. this has become my go to foundation lately alternating between this and a $60us foundation from sephora.
overall a great product for the price for more normal to dry skin types that prefer a light to medium coverage with a dewier finish. i apply this with mac 187 brush or sometimes a synthetic foundation brush and sheer it out with mac 187 and a sponge. varies on how my skin is behaving. i set it with mac's prep and prime finishing powder and finish it off with a spritz of mac fix + and press it in with a flocked sponge to make the foundation really sink into the skin and adhere and wear well.