Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 12/4/2008 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG eyeshadow primer. I have oily lids and it works just as well as UDPP. I like this much more because of the the packaging and texture. The packaging is much more sanitary and much easier to get all the products out. And the texture is much more smoother. I found that UDPP has some chunks in it and it has a much thicker consistency so it's harder to blend on my lid. I've also introduced this to all my friends and they all love it. Think the only bad thing about this is that the product do separate if you haven't used it for a while. All you have to do is shake it or squeeze the tube while it's close to mix it up and it'll be as good as new. I've been using this product for a year now and I think I'm only halfway done and I use it almost everyday. I say it's a good investment.

on 12/3/2008 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So many people have already written reviews on this product so i guess the most helpful thing i can say is that i like this more than Urban Decay Primer Potion. I had to cut open my UDPP to get all of it out and then it dried out (probably my fault since i put it in a cheap plastic screw top container, but shouldn't the original packaging be good enough that i don't have to break it open to use all the product??). I can't do a side by side test because i would be comparing a brand new shadow insurance to a somewhat dried out UDPP but i can't remember the UDPP ever being this creamy and easy to blend.

on 12/2/2008 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have super oily eyelids and this stuff really works. I always bought eyeshadow after eyeshadow but couldn't really wear it because it always creased within the hour before I even left the house. This stuff is awesome. A little really does go a long way and packaging is great. Blending isn't 100% but it's not that bad. I will definitely purchase SI again! :)

on 11/30/2008 12:24:00 PM

I have not tried UDDP so can't compare it to that but... Shadow Insurance is a really great product. It does what it says, it keeps your shadows crease free, makes them more vibrant and keeps them on all day. The packaging is also cute and a little bit of product goes a long way.I have tried it both with drugstore and high-end shadows. This is a great eyeshadow base and I will be buying more when I run out.

on 11/29/2008 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I have not tried Urban Decay's Primer Potion, so I will not be comparing it to that. This was my first primer, and I was very pleased. I have very oily eyelids, and everytime I wore eyeshadow, it always creased and faded. This baby though, keeps it from creasing and fading.
Now the only problem I had with this is that I found that it's very hard to blend. I usually have 30 minutes to do my makeup, but even with all that time, with this primer it takes at least 20 minutes just for the eyes because it's so hard to blend! Blending is the key to flawless makeup, and I find myself having to work very hard blending and blending and blending! I stopped wearing smokey eyes because of this.

Overall, it's a great product, I'm okay with the tube packaging, but I have to take down 1 lippie because it makes eyeshadow so hard to blend because all the powder sticks on the eyelid. I will be purchasing the UDPP next time, just to see if it's easier for me to blend my makeup. Ugh!

on 11/28/2008 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I cannot say enough good things about this product. I have very oily lids and had actually stopped wearing most shadow or liners because they didn't last or would "melt." This product has changed all that -- whatever I put on after SI looks looks pretty much perfect 12+ hours later. By the way, I have also used Urban Decay's Potion but it totally didn't work for me. Go buy some Shadow Insurance if you have any creasing/melting eyeshadow issues -- it's really worth it! When I run out of this tube I will be making a mad dash to Sephora because it is a must have for me.

on 11/27/2008 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Crazy oily eyelids used to leave me looking like a cracked out raccoon at the end of the day. A dollop of TFSI in the morning keeps my eye make up looking fresh allllll day long! ADORE!

PS: Packaging is ace, you get to squeeze every last bit out of the tube! Woooop!

on 11/26/2008 10:49:00 AM

So glad I tried this product! After being disappointed with Urban Decay Primer Potion, I found that I liked this product MUCH better. The formula has a silkier feel to it than UDPP, and is not drying for my eyelids. It does a fabulous job at preventing shadow creasing, and it takes just a tiny drop for both lids, so I think it's a great value as well. The tube packaging is perfect for this type of product as well-sanitary and prevents the product from drying out. If I ever get through this tube, I would definitely repurchase!

on 11/26/2008 6:20:00 AM

I recently bought this because I was sick of having my eyeshadow go all yucky and creasy at work. Also admittedly because you can't get the urban decay primer potion at any retail stores in Sydney, Australia that I've found.

I'm so glad I bought this. A tiny little squeeze covers my whole lid and up to my eyebrow. It dries quickly and really grabs onto my eyeshadow, making the colour payoff much greater with less shadow.

I have very oily eyelids and thought that this wouldn't really make a difference, but I'm yet to notice any creasing at all (even after 15+ hours of wearing it, with no reapplications).

It's now part of my daily eyeshadow routine. It's cut the amount of time I need to spend applying my eyeshadow as I only need to use a little bit.

Love love love this!

on 11/25/2008 1:34:00 AM

I love this primer! Its easy to apply, blends easily and does its job. I also have UDPP, which also keeps my shadow on, but I find it not as easily blendable as TFSI - I'm also scared of it drying out on me, lol and running out fast because of the bottle shape. I will definitly purchase TFSI again when I run out, its really a great little product!