October 24, 2014 | 1779 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by tracita

This works just as well as UDPP for me but I like the packaging for this(tube) much better than UDPP which is a pain in the arse to cut open...I'd definitely buy this again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Charlin

OMG!!! Thank you to everyone who wrote helpful reviews on this. I was trying to decide whether I wanted UDPP or this one, but in the end I watched some comparisons on youtube and decided to go for the one with better designed packaging.
It comes in a slim tube with a precision tip so you can control how much you are squeezing out. I only use a TINY amount on each lid. It feels quite dry and matte with a slight powdery feel. It looks translucent on.
This morning I applied it to my whole upper eye area as well as just under the eye before applying powder shadow and eyeliner on top.
I looked in the mirror about 6 times over 14 hours to check and it barely smudged, I got a small eyeliner smudge on the inner corner of my eyes but I hadn't put any primer there, other than that, the colours stayed true and they hadn't disappeared! Normally my eyeshadow only lasts for a couple of hours before it slides everywhere and I get a greasy line of colour in the crease of my lid. Why didn't I buy this before!? This is definitely one of my best ever purchases and I have bought a LOT of makeup over the years. Love it!
Update:
I'm so sad. After using this for about 3 weeks my eyelids have become inflamed and sore. It was definitley caused by this as I don't have any other new products. Don't dare use this now-I took off a lippy but it doesn't mean that you will get the same reaction...I will try UDPP next.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by cynthea

works just as great as UDPP but its easier to blend and the tube packaging is much better than the wand applicator that UDPP has. ill be buying this instead from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by whatsonyourface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is truly a fantastic product! It keeps my eyeshadow from creasing and makeup looking fresh. I live in a very humid climate and usually by the end of the day my makeup has melted away. I used this primer every day this summer and at the end of the day the only thing that didn't budge was my eyeshadow, which was prepped by this Too Faced primer. This has definitely become a must have product for my everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by sweetxtrang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

TFSI is hands down an awesome primer/base. My shadows last the entire day (12-16 hrs) without fading or creasing. It has a creamy consistency and is a sheer nude color--will blend into your natural lids effortlessly. It does not interfere with the colors of your shadows. A small drop covers the entire lid. Let it settle for 30 seconds before you start packing on shadows. Use a creme base like Revlon's Illuminance Creme Shadows to help loose pigments adhere better. Use TFSI underneath which will help the cream bases from creasing. The packaging is much better than Urban Decay's Primer Potion so you will be able to get more product out. Though somewhat pricey, a little goes a long way and this is definitely worth every penny. This is a must have staple for every girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by redwill0w

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product! Yay! Holds everything perfectly in place until you remove it. Smooth and lightweight on lids. Perfect shade (unlike, for instance, Mally's heavier, darker primers). I use a tiny bit under my lower lashes as well, and shadow, pencil or liner there also remains all day. Many primers instantly darken and intensify color applications, requiring a touch so light it's hard to achieve (unless you like that bruised, ultra-urban, I'm-an-addict look). Not this one - shadow and liner remain true. I too prefer this to UDPP. Well worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by mareenka

Fantastic eyeshadow primer! I got a sample of it with some online order, and I love it! I have been using UDPP before and I like it, but this primer is a lot better. I use less of it, it blends with the lid color better and dries faster. And I cant feel it on my lids like I can feel UDPP if that makes any sense. I am still using the tiny sample, but will buy a full size tube as soon as I run out. Fantastic primer, do not hesitate to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

I love this product!

I had been using L'Oreal's shadow base, which was working fine, but this product is doing a much better job for me. It keeps the shadow in place, looking as bright and fresh as when I first apply it, all day long. That's amazing to me - since most of my shadows, even with base, would fade and crease due to my oily lids.

Anyway, I use this product alone with a bare face because it evens out my lids' skin tone.

Very happy with this - highly recommended. It does seem high at $17 (Sephora) but I use hardly any so I think this will last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ToxicRose84

I got a sample of Shadow Insurance when I ordered some mascara from Too Faced online and I love it! It really works great on my oily lids, which is surprising. In my opinion, it works as well as MAC Paints do. Although Shadow Insurance is cheaper & the packaging is way better. It annoys me that MAC Paints' packaging is so messy & fussy. With Shadow Insurance eye shadows are still easy to blend & don't crease throughout the day. I'm notorious for wearing my makeup for about 13 hrs before finally washing it off haha so this product really does its job & more =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by GlitterxGold

Best eyeshadow primer on the market! It's nice and creamy and doesn't dry your lids out. The packaging is simple and chic and doesn't obstruct you from getting 100% of your money's worth. Try it today and you will not be disappointed!