August 30, 2014 | 1038 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to foundation when I have problematic skin. Gee I wish I had blemish-free skin & use lighter foundations daily but unfortunately I was born in the gene pool of acne sufferers =(.

SO anyways, every now & then I break out from certain skincares, foods etc, I can rely on my studiofix fluid to cover them up while my outbreaks are healing.(If I sat there using concealer on the acne, I'd be in front of the mirror for hours).

Since this is a medium to full coverage foundation I probably wouldn't recommend using this everyday of the year because you need to let your skin breathe(unless you really buff it in). But it's good to have it handy in the event of a break out or a special occasion. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by VluvMac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation only in the winter.During the heat it makes me super oily which I tend to breakout more.I love the coverage on this foundation and I love the fact that I can put a pump on it.It also lasts forever another reason why its so worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by bri20

the only reason people like this foundation is because its MAC. i hate this foundation. i tried it and returned it the next day. it has nothing special about it and usually foundations dont break me out but the morning after using this i broke out. and that was only one day after using it, imagine what would happen if i kept it for longer. that woulda been a disaster. you can get such a better foundation at sephora, or even at cvs. revlon photo ready foundation is a great alternative for MUFE HD foundation, its only 12 dollars and it works SO much better than MAC. sorry MAC, i love your products but not this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nothing great about this product. When I first bought it, the color (NC35) matched my skin, then it oxidized and turned orange. It also gave me breakouts around my lip area. I think it's a poor formulation b/c my friend had a breakout when trying a sample of this from the counter. The Revlon Colorstay is very similar to this product, so why would I pay $20 more? I ended up cleaning out the bottle, getting pump and putting my Revlon Colorstay inside of the MAC Studio Fix bottle. So I guess the packaging is the only good thing about this product. MAC needs to stop relying on it's brand image to carry such poor products such as this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Macjunkie702

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation I been using it for two years after they discontinued the hyper real foundation.. :( but found the studio fix fluid to be awesome I just use a little strobe cream and it's very similar to the hyper real foundation ..Anyway .. Can't live without this foundation .. The only bad thing you need to buy a pump so you won't waste too much product a pump gives me the exact amount I need

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by iloverazzles95

This is the best foundation i have tried yet, I've tried drugstore brands like Dream Matte Mouse, Dream Satin Liquid and Rimmel Lasting Finish to high end brands such as Esteé Lauder Double Wear. This gives full coverage and covers my breakouts so well. I apply it with my MAC 187 stippling brush and it gives an airbrushed finish. It has SPF 15 in it which is also great XD And last but definitely not least.....IT DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Erica01

The product itself is great. It covers nicely, does not looked caked on, and lasts for most of the day. It is easy to apply and blend in. However, it is expensive, running at $26 retail. :( and if you can get past that you must then deal with the horrible packaging. While the bottle is glass and it looks fine, the problem is that it does NOT come with a pump. So it will either take awhile to get it out of the bottle, or you have to go and buy a mac pump seperatly which is another $4-$6. I Think I will eventually break down and get the pump though.

Update: I have notcied that I am having trouble finding a shade for my extremely fair complexion.

Update: I have terribly dry and sensitive skin, and I have noticed that during the winter (I live in Northern Indiana where the winters are somewhat harsh) my skin is too dry for this makeup to blend with my skin...it just looks weird. I have noticed this with other brands, so its really just a problem with my skin (I moisturize a lot, but it is still pretty dry), but I noticed it first with this one long before I had problems with any others.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation in NC30 for a few months now and I have to say, I really do like it. My skin is a mess! I have very acne-prone, oily skin with redness, acne scars and hyper pigmentation (this is on a very bad skin day, btw) so I really need a foundation that can give me nice coverage without looking like I have tons of make up on. This liquid foundation give me really nice coverage that can really range from medium to full coverage, depending on what method I use for application. I'm not 100% happy with the color match, NC30 seems to be too yellow so I may have to go back and try another shade. But overall, I am happy that I gave this a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this product in NC40, which is thee perfect shade for me. The formula itself is very thick, so it covers extremely well. It lasted for the whole day, from 5am-4pm, even when I slept in the car, I woke up without my makeup being melted off. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. To describe it bluntly: It's very chemical-like, similar to paint. Actually, paint smells better than this stuff. It's so horrible that when I put it on, I feel like gagging. So, it's just stored in my makeup chest, used only for special occasions or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by girleygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MAC foundations! They have so many foundation colors, so you always get a perfect match. This product in particular, has great coverage. It's very build-able as well. The formula also glides on smoothly and lasts a long time! But, in my opinion, it is expensive..I paid $25 for it b/c I got the normal bottle (with regular lid/cap). If you want to get the pump cap/lid, then that's another $5 extra..so your total comes out to be $30 for a 30ml/1.0 oz bottle...however, the foundation last for a long time (cause you only need a little per usage), so your money is totally worth it!