April 18, 2014 | 904 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by dw4518

didnt like this at first but i bought a beautyblender sponge and started using them together. now it looks much more natural. the lasting power is really good. i like the matte finish (but throughout the day it becomes less matte and more natural looking- a positive thing).

i bought this because its supposed to be good for acne prone skin. to be honest i think this is causing some clogged pores. i'm looking for a really good cleanser now as i don't want to give up this foundation. i've got MAC's cleanse off oil but it's not powerful enough to prevent the clogged pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kristinaaae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will talk shortly :D This make-up is great !! i like it very

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Ginnybaby2007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

CLICK CONTINUE FOR PIC

After reading some of the reviews here and the praises it got in the makeup board I decided to purchase this yesterday. I'm impressed. This foundation is VERY buildable. I like that. You can put it on spots that need the coverage. I apply this with the MAC 187 brush by stippling the foundation unto my face one section at a time then I buff it out with the MUFE Kabuki brush and the result is almost flawless airbrush skin. I deducted a lippie for the price but other than that everything else is fine. The packaging could be better but I took care of that by using the MAC pump and it fits perfectly.
I have acne prone skin and I basically break out with anything so I want to be able to find a foundation that is non- acnegenic. Shockingly enough this one states in the package that it's not so that's a plus. Let's just hope that my skin doesn't act up. So far I'm liking it because it gives enough coverage
Another thing, I took some pictures to see how well it would photograph and it seems fine. All I have to do is apply a bit of bronzer and apply the right camera setting and it works out really nice. I'll rebuy this foundation but since I know that it'll last me a long time I wont have to but I defitnetly recommend it. For reference I'm NC 40-42 and I got this foundation is 4W1 Shell beige. HTH
EDIT 1: Very important for those having trouble taking this off. Try using MAC's Cleanse Off Oil and leave it on for a minute then rinse off. Use your regular cleanser afterwards then witch hazel and it's all gone. I promise you that it won't leave any traces behind. Good luck
EDIT 2: I figured out a way that this won't look pale in pics by adding a bit of MAC Studio Sculpt foundation after I applied a layer of DW and it gives a nice luminous glow.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by spuds9092

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think I finally found my HG foundation!!! I have tried so many different foundations-high end, low end, you name it, I used it!! I finally decided to try this one-I did hear some good things about it and I thought "why not" it's not going to hurt. Well I wear the Ecru and it looks just like my skin!!! Also I have sensitive skin and most products make me itch or break out-this one did neither. I'm a nurse so I don't want to reapply or blot all the time at work and I don't with this!!! It looks like I'm still "fresh" when I come home from work unless I'm in a isolation room and I have to wear a mask-a little bit of wear-off is noted. No big deal. I have gotten several compliments on my skin since I have been wearing this and it also covers my dark circles well. So this is my HG foundation unless they come up with one better than this and the price is not bad to boot!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

Awful stuff. It made my dry patches stand out like crazy and I have combinatioin skin, so I am not completely dry. It caked under my eyes and made me look very tired. I am glad that I had a sample from the Estee Lauder counter and that I did not purchase this. I will stay with my Lucidity even tho it doesn't last as long.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by nikkimorse

I really wanted to like this, but it aged me about 5 yrs! No matter how I put this on (fingers, wet sponge) it looked cakey and accentuated lines, pores..ugh! I kept looking in the mirror throughout the day to see if it looked any better..and it did not. Mind you, I put very little on. I did not pile it on and it still looked very unattractive. Way too heavy for me. I'll stick with Revlon Age Defying because it is light and I feel like my skin can breathe. Oh, and you also need a separate makeup remover to get it off. Bottom line.....I don't want makeup to look like makeup, I want to look natural but covered and this did not accomplish that for me. Hopefully I can return this :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by girlinabox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation! If only their lightest colour (Shell) was slightly paler I think it would have HG status for me. I apply this with the MAC 187 and it gives such a wonderful full coverage, almost airbrushed look. The price is expensive but probably not the most expensive foundation I have used. I have a slight gripe about the packaging as I don't find glass bottles of foundation useful at all, especially when they have a neck on the bottle as when it comes to the end of the foundation it is really difficult trying to get the last drops out...however overall I have and would continue to repurchase this until I find a foundation which matches the quality but suits my skin tone a bit better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 6:47:00 AM More reviews by rankers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK so this is a high maintenance product for me but worth it every time. I have combo skin with dry areas and I have to dot this foundation on and then blend with a bronzer brush to get a good application. Coverage is second to none and it stays put until you take it off. I have been using YSL primer underneath and my skin looks flawless. I touch up with the DW powder using a brush 2-3 times a day which is great considering I used to have to do it hourly. This hasn't caused any breakouts but it is hard to get it all off at night so need to take extra care. I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by bwola002

Gorgeous finish! This is my favorite foundation. I've tried so many high end and drugstore foundations and estee lauder tops them all. It lasts all day even in the terrible Florida heat, and makes my face look perfect, covers the little imperfections! I have never broken out from this foundation, but the double wear powder is a different story! The first ingredient is talc, which can clog pores so stay away from the powder if you have sensitive skin. I hate that this foundation doesn't have a little pump but it gives such beautiful coverage that i can deal with it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I like this f/d- coverage and staying power is up there for sure. If you want m/u you won't have to touch up with powder, this is it, and it really delivers on gross, hot sweaty days when nothing else seems to stay on. However, by itself it looks really really matte, which may not suit some peoples' tastes. I think over time I tend to prefer a less-matte look- maybe something a little more natural but with the right coverage as well. So I like this but I definitely need to mix it with other formulas and have the right shade.