MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 5/6/2010 8:44:00 AM

I love this foundation to wear on nights out. It provides more coverage than the Estee Lauder Double wear light (intensity 1) that I wear during the day and lasts all night without touch up. I have v. pale skin, and used NW20 when I've got some tan on. This foundation is easy to apply (altho difficult to get out of the glass bottle when running low - probably my only complaint). I'm also really happy that MAC are one of the few companies that don't test on animals, as I've started really researching my cosmetics and so many brands I love(d) do!

on 5/5/2010 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I expected a bit more from MAC. I love their concealer but Studio Fix fell flat for me. It went on ok but after a few hours it looked absolutely awful

I love this product to pieces. I have used many different foundations and this is by far the best. Applied with MAC's 188 brush, my face always looks amazing--almost like it has been airbrushed. I get so many compliments when wearing it.

on 5/3/2010 9:04:00 PM

this foundation is the one i keep going back to. i always try other foundations but never one as good as this. i find this way better then makeup forever. though it can be a little thick, it make your skin feel so soft and amazing. i find that my skin got better since i started using it again, and as for the thickness, a llittle goes a long way so you can just use a little and get great coverage. It also lasts FOREVER! this is definetly my favourite foundation and i reccommend it

I've been using this foundation for a while. I have combination skin, so at times it could be dry and flacky and at times very oily grr! I'm a NC25 which I doubt is my color but when it dries it dries a tad bit darker so it matches my neck perfectly. I love this product because it is full coverage and applies flawlessly when using a foundation brush it does last all day as long as I set with a light powder. Since my t-zone is oily I sometimes have to powder twice. I just dislike the fact that I have to buy a pump seprately. Other than that I loooove this foundation!

on 4/30/2010 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

ive gone through half a bottle of this now and im still not sure about how i feel about this foundation. it does go on flawless (i apply with fingers and then lightly stiple it in with my fingers) i just find the NW20 a bit too yellow for my liking. i like that it comes with a pump so its no mess and i can control how much product im using, but the "fix" in the name is not so much - at least for me. i have combination skin with an oily t-zone and set it with some translucent powder but after 3hrs, even when its not hot or when i dont do much, it just comes off. now, ive always been applyin this foundation with the MAC prep+prime face&body so maybe thats the problem?
anyways, not sure if i would repurchase. i use revlon's colorstay from time to time but its just very heavy.

on 4/30/2010 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I freaking love this foundation! I'm on my second bottle and while it is a bit on the expensive side (for me anyway), MAC's Studio Fix is the best when it comes to evening out skin tones and for long day wear. I always get that healthy sun kissed look after I put this on. Application is a little tricky because it is liquid but I find that a few dabs on cheekbones, forehead, chin and jawline and you get a really natural look.

on 4/29/2010 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

i LOVE this :D i thought i would hate it because everyone said it was so thick, but idk if it's just me, but it doesn't feel too heavy for me...with any foundation i think it just depends how much you apply and with what tool, but i LOVEEEE this foundation! :D

on 4/29/2010 1:39:00 AM

I've always been somewhat hesitant when it came to MAC products designed for the face(such as foundations), although I love their eye make products and blushes. This was due to the "stage make up" reputation that the companies does hold.However, I took my chances with studio fix and I looooove it. My skin is pretty clear, some random flairs but thats about it.While it can dry you out with moisturizing beforehand, I use a few pumps of my aveeno brightening lotion and I am set for the day. My face didn't melt off, and oil wasnt terrible but definitely still existing. I apply with my chanel foundation brush and brush on some of The Body Shop's All in one face base. Pretty good product with awesome coverage, no need for concealer.:D

on 4/28/2010 3:32:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. When I first got it I liked it but then it started drying my skin out horribley, eventhough I moistorized. Also flaked my face, basiclly it ruined my skin with alot of tiny bumps and whiteheads iv never experienced before. I now only wear it for photos and special occasions because it looks ok if i dont wear it all the time. It does a good job for ppl who have redness or other discolorations of the skin, but it dries me out too much. I also wear the minerlized skinfinish with it. I would prolly not re-purchase again. I also dont like the fact that you have to purchase the pump seperately. I think the pump should be part of the deal when buying the foundation.