MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 4/25/2010 5:56:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation. It gives fantastic full coverage. I have many imperfections on my face and with a foundation primer and this foundation EVERYONE comments on how beautiful my skin is. It is a bit pricey but lasts a long time.

on 4/24/2010 1:57:00 PM

I didn't like this fondation, It has a really heavy coverage, It smells like paint and my face stung when I put it on and I broke out!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is garbage, and I hate it.
MAC has NO business making face products, they should stick to brushes, blushes, and eyes. Everything Ive ever gotten for my face (primer, foundation, concealer, powder, cleaning wipes, blotting linens, etc) have all been complete garbage.
Goes on greasy, slides around like a lorry on ice, wipes off when you blot, oxidizes an obnoxious yellow-orange within an hour of application, has a streaky finish regardless of prepping and brush used, stays greasy all day, clogs my pores and suffocates my skin, and gives me large, angry, terrible pimples if worn for over an hour.
Maybe if you have super dry skin and could use a foundation that adds moisture, but if youre already a little shiny by the end of the day your face will feel like an oil refinery.

on 4/23/2010 8:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this foundation for about two months now and so far I love it. I read a lot of reviews claiming it broke them out, but I personally haven't had an issue with that. I use it with the MAC 187 and it really makes my skin look flawless (and I apply it with a light hand so it's not full coverage). I don't even have to use cover up or concealer because it evens out my skin tone so well! It's almost a matte finish but has a bit of a sheen to it, which is perfect for my slightly oil skin.
However, my mom tried it and it was not a flattering formula on her skin, I think it settled into her fine lines too much..you should try it in the store and see how it works for you. It's a great match for my skin though and I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I used to swear by studio fix fluid.. but I think that this contributes to acne and unhappy skin.. so I will no longer buy this... it also oxidized and turned to a dark orangy reddish color by the end if the day I will stick to my make up forever hd foundation from now on.. it makes me very happy!

on 4/23/2010 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I decided to give mac a try just to change up my regular foundation (revlon) and i am sooooo sorry that i did! First of all i will say that this foundation is great, at first! The texture, the way it goes on, and its incredible coverage! I really wanted to love this. BUT after just one day of wearing this, i took off my makeup before bed and i already had so many tiny little bumps and whiteheads on my face. I think that this is a trick that MAC pulls- they ruin ur skin, and then its the only foundation that is good enough to cover it! lol I ended up returning mine after about 2 weeks of using it (just to make sure thats what was causing my break outs). It's too bad.

I frickin love the look of heavy foundation. Studio Fix looks really good in pictures, in natural light, and in fluorescent lighthing ect.. It covers everything and lasts for 14+ hours. It does melt off in hot weather, so i dont wear it when im going to be outside for a long time. Its not matte which is good since i hate the look of matte foundation. It has a slight sheen to it but not oily. Im on my 4th bottle going on 5th, so i obviously would buy again

on 4/21/2010 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is currently my HG foundation. I've been using it for about 2 months now. I was never much of a liquid foundation kind of gal, but decided to give it a try and I love it. I have very uneven skin tone and this definitely evens out my skin tone. I love how it gives me a flawless look! The only thing I don't like about this foundation is the smell of it. After a while you tend to get use to the smell and the consistency of it is really thick! But overall I love the result this foundation gives me.

on 4/20/2010 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This made me break out bad. I didn't realize it cause I was so in love with the full coverage. But I realized that I eventually had to use more of this product to cover up all the pimples it was give me. What a bad cycle! The color selection is great and the coverage it gives for uneven, red skin is amazing. But for the hassle, i would not re-purchase. I think there are so many other better quality foundations that get the job done.

So before i hated this foundation. It was a thick, cakey greasy mess. I watched some videos on how to apply, and i realized i was wearing way too much. I just use 1 and a half pumps with my 187 all over my face, and its pretty much amazing. It does tend to melt off in the heat though, so for Summer i apply it with a damp sponge or dont wear it at all