April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2002 7:47:00 PM More reviews by wildchipmunk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail high end mascara. Have tried them all when I used to worked makeup counters. The highly pigmented black and silky formula separates lashes and yet lengthens them...I LOVE this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2002 12:11:00 AM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So glad I got to try a sample size of this (thanks to my Juicy Tubes purchase!) I now know that I will never buy a Lancome mascara. This was flaky, clumpy and it made my lashes droop. Nothing a poor drugstore mascara couldn't do, as far as I'm concerned. I'll stick to L'Oreal, Maybelline, or CG! I'm just glad I didn't spend the $ on this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2002 2:09:00 AM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the only mascara I will use. I have short, puny, grow-straight-down lashes and this product gives me both length and fullness. It does not flake, smear, smudge, or run. But it comes off with an eyemakeup remover without ceaseless rubbing or rinsing. This is the best mascara!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2002 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Mascara_GrL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Definicils wasnt great at all...if anything it was horrible, it made my lashes limp even after I curled it, and it was just terrible, I dont understand how this mascara could work for other people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2002 1:44:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

This is a great mascara! It does lengthen lashes and doesn't clump up. My only "reservation" is that I have found cheaper brands that produce the same results. I have naturally long, curled lashes though -- so this may make more of a difference for those with shorter or non-curled lashes. Every product is different on each person, so it's definitely worth a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2002 3:09:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What is all the fuss and why is this the number one selling mascara in America? On me, it's too thick and my lashes both clump and droop. I prefer Amplicils which is newer and has a much better formula and wand!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2002 10:14:00 PM More reviews by curly_q_cutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this for my lower lashes. It goes on really well--no clumping or smudging, and it stayed on! My lashes are naturally really long and defined so I need volume which I didn't get with this mascara--probably great for someone who has naturally thick lashes, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2002 7:15:00 PM More reviews by CateinAz

After reading the varied reviews on this mascara, I must say this: It must totally be based on the type of lashes we have. Just like our hair responds to different hair products, depending on our hair types. I get great predictable non-clumping, nice long, clear looking gorgeous lashes with this product. I know my sister doesn't. She has super thick, long lashes. But I think this one is the best, far better than the L'Oreal which I know is their company also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2002 12:42:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good mascara. But I get the same curvy, fat, long lashes with 3 other $7 brands I've been using as of late (Max Factor 2000 Cal Aqualash, Maybelline Volum Express and Maybelline Illegal Lengths). Same as the other lady before me mentioned, I cannot imagine dishing out $20 for something you throw away in a couple of months(for hygenic reasons). Very good mascara though for those of you who can afford it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2002 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Blech. My lashes were clumpy, sticky messed. This smudged all over the place. Yuck!