July 28, 2014 | 1781 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by alwaysmandee

Double Wear is a full coverage foundation. It is long lasting, quick drying and buildable. If you set it correctly, you should not have issues with it transferring. It handles well in the heat and even if you sweat. I've made it out of the gym with my makeup still intact. In my opinion, the most impressive aspect of this foundation is that is withstands my extremely oily skin for several hours. Of course I have to blot, all of us oily girls do. I've been using Double Wear in Ecru (1N1) for the past three years. MAC matches me to NW20. Estee Lauder's C (cool) shades, tend to run very pink, the W (warm) shades, very yellow. Some feel that the N (neutral) shades are orange or peach, but Ecru matches my skin tone well. You will need to go to the counter and take your time making a selection. This covers any and all imperfections such as scars, sun spots, and acne, without the added chore of using a concealer. This isn't a tinted foundation or light coverage. So if you aren't looking for full coverage, you may want to look elsewhere. Choosing the correct color and applying the foundation correctly will prevent your makeup from looking mask-like. I use a Q-tip as an applicator, dipping it in the foundation and dotting it on my face in sections: cheeks, chin, then forehead. Using a sponge wedge, I stipple (bounce the sponge) over each section quickly, so the makeup will not dry before I am finished covering any imperfections. Lastly, I set the makeup with Laura Mercier's loose translucent powder before adding blush or doing my eye makeup. My makeup looks just applied for 12 hours or more. Great for long days at the office. Can't praise this product enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by hulmek2

i bought this foundation today after getting sick of my estee lauder full coverage foundation due to how blotchy and oily it looked after only a coulpe of hours, and after having a love hate battle with MACs studio fix (love the coverage, hate the shade choices and the fact it breaks me out). The tester of the colour 'sand' matched my skin a lot better than macs nw15 ever has done so i was willing to give it a try. again, the fact that the bottle doesnt come with a pump just like macs studio fix is so annoying as its such an expensive foundation you would think the packaging would be better, i mean, even drugstore brands provide a pump... anyway, i tried it as soon as i got home onto my bare skin with no primer, concealer or anything, and i have to say that so far i am impressed. It felt lighter than my maximum coverage foundation (although still provided really good coverage), and blended easier than my mac, and when i looked in the car mirror (the worst light ever) my skin looked amazing, the best it ever has done with foundation. I didn't think it looked mask like, but again, i am used to wearing heavy foundations. I have now had it on 5 hours and my skin still looks as fresh as when i first put it on and doesnt feel oily at all, even without powder. I will test it further to see if it breaks me out, how well it washes off etc, but so far i am really pleased with it and it may well become my HG foundation. i took off a lippie for price and packaging, but other than that it is a product i would definately recommend for people with oily skin who want full coverage that lasts all day.

*UPDATE* I have used this for a good 9 months now and although I still like it I am going to start looking for something else. Its a really good product for coverage but your skin has to be really moisturised before using it or it can look cakey and I still have to touch it up during the day. Would definitely buy again and is better than EL maximum coverage but going to see if there is better out there. Its also very hard to wash off!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2009 7:16:00 AM More reviews by starshar

Pros: full coverage, doesn't clog pores, matte finish. oil control wise is okay, at least my nose doesn't shine after a day.

Cons: very masky effect, my friends commented i looked like i am wearing a mask. it's very heavy as well. moreover, i couldn't find the shade tone that i like.

I stay in a tropical country, so I sweat quite a lot since my country experiences summer all year long. I prefer the lighter version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

it is just an ok matte foundation for me.. not bad not outstanding.. first of all, the packaging is just a nightmare. but no wonder EL, Px and Clinique are sister companies, so same quality packaging.. the coverage is medium to full that is really good sometimes and i love it, i hardly ever use as it is already too thick. i even mixed with strobe liquid but same thickness remained.. the color was almost perfect as my skin betweel neutral and pink.. fresco seemed fantastic colormatch for me but the consistency and the hassle with packaging just put me off.. though the staying power is excellent -i normally after durable products -but i just gave up on it. probably i will never finish with the bottle so i will not repurchase it..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Jexxie123

This is my HG foundation. To begin with, I have a combination skin. My nose area is so oily but then my cheeks are somewhat dry. I am on my second bottle now and I love this foundation very much. I used to be in tawny colour but now im currently using shell beige. I have acne prone skin and its so sensitive but this foundation has never cause me any breakout. I like the fact that it is oil- free and so it doesnt clog the pores. but once again, u still need to clean ur face and ensure u leave no traces behind otherwise it could lead to breakouts. The coverage is medium and buildable. I have so many acne scars and this foundation hides them beautifully. I used to use concealer on top of the foundation but now, i found that this foundation alone works ok. I mean, i dont really have to use concealer to cover my scars. I usually just dab more of the foundation to the area that needs alot more coverage like the scars. (i usually pour a little bit of the foundation at the bak of my hand and then wait a few second before i dab it on to my face. this is so that the foundation becomes a little bit dry meaning thicker in consistency, like a concealer- so that it covers beautifully) and this foundation doesnt have any smell to it.

The only thing that i dont like about this foundation is that in winter, it tends to settle into my laugh lines which is so bad for me. well i dont know if its only me, but i would definitely re- purchase. I love this foundation. Especially in summer as it gives me a matte- look. and it does what it claims. It is a long wearing foundation with no worries during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave a 4 for overall rating, because it's really long-lasting, and it gave an airbrush-look if you put it on after the moisturizer. For my dry skin, this did a better job than MAC studio fix, however, for me, I have sensitive skin, and the foundation has caused me some itchy bumps. I will need to stop that. : (

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by pinkshine

I have a lot of discoloration on my skin, so this full coverage foundation did a great job at covering them...and it does last a lot longer than most of the other liqued foundations I've tried, in fact its the longest lasting one I've ever used and I loved it. My only complaint against it is that this stuff stains everything! Most foundations will stain something white, but this stuff is on a whole other level! If I wear a shirt and it barelyyyy even touches my face the shirt will be stained forever! I've ruined my favorite white collared shirt because of this stuff. Right now for liquid foundation im using MakeupForever's HD foundation which I liked a bit more more than EL' Double Wear, but I may switch back because the Double Wear does last longer...but that stain thing is what is holding me back...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by glloria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I started using the foundation like 2 years ago and it was my HG: flawless, long-staying...
When the bottle finished, I gladly repurchased (just a shade darker).
What a disappointment in fact! The quality of the product has gotten So low: it cakes, it doesn't cover imperfections, and as someone said it gives you a couple of extra years in appearance - even an EL sales associate didn't say a word when I showed her its "performance" :(
I don't know, it could be either a spoiled batch, or a slight diffirence in the ingredients list because of the color... or I'm just trying to find an excuse for a product that got worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by dw4518

didnt like this at first but i bought a beautyblender sponge and started using them together. now it looks much more natural. the lasting power is really good. i like the matte finish (but throughout the day it becomes less matte and more natural looking- a positive thing).

i bought this because its supposed to be good for acne prone skin. to be honest i think this is causing some clogged pores. i'm looking for a really good cleanser now as i don't want to give up this foundation. i've got MAC's cleanse off oil but it's not powerful enough to prevent the clogged pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kristinaaae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will talk shortly :D This make-up is great !! i like it very