October 1, 2014 | 1204 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite liner, stays on nicely, doesnt clump, and goes on smoothly...
Edit-a little thicker and dryer than most gel liners, i mix some moisturizer into it and it helps a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by blueflamingo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in charcoal gray. The only gel eyeliner I have gotten to stay on my oily eye area is Bobbi Brown and Jane, and those only last for 4-5 hours. No luck with Maybelline. It lasted less then 2 hrs., smudging and smearing below my eyes. I really liked the color and consistency. Too bad it doesn't work for me. A little pricey for Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ScentedLead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Blackest Black and have had this for a week and so far so good. The pigmentation while not the most is still fairly heavy and it glides on very smooth. As for lasting power, I did swatches on my hand and it didn't come off with soap and water and lots of rubbing but did come off very easily with an oil-based makeup remover. It survives fine during foggy days but I think it might smudge on oily-skinned people.

The brush it comes with is fairly good quality, the bristles feel very soft yet are stiff enough to give you control. It's good for doing the look that you see on the packaging. However, I use cream/gel eyeliners for tightlining and for this, I prefer another small flat brush that I bought separately.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by chrissysmith

I love this site and have bought several products based on reviews. This was not one of them but I went in with a list to CVS filled with items to purchase based on this site. I have bought every eyeliner imaginable, ok not the super expensive ones, but tried the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner which pales in comparison to this. I have found my staple eyeliner. I love this product, it does not smear like all the others and I will DEFINITELY buy again. I love the Marilyn eye and this does it, give it a try.

Found something better, sorry for the change but always improving in this market, try the Maybelline unstoppable eyeliner instead, had much better results, the above gel did leave me having to wipe away the smears afterall, oh well..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Dark40rcehan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This, ladies, is indeed a HG eye liner for me. After struggling with various drugstore liners, and an Elizabeth Arden one, I have found the perfect eyeliner for me. It does not budge for hours and hours, and the black formula is a true black that will not fade on you. Even on the waterline, it lasts quite a long time. I had traipsed across Singapore in the hot humid weather wearing this eyeliner, and Bangkok as well! However, it is a little pricey as a drugstore item, at about RM 39.9 (USD 11.92) a pop, but there are offers, though. Of course, I know that MAC and Bobbi Brown lovers would not complain about the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Tlee

Re: The Drying Out problem -- before you close the lid, stick it under the faucet real quick and fill the well. A cover of water is definitely airtight, and it's simple enough to open and dump out before using it the next time.

I've done this with all my gel liners, and have never had a problem with any of them drying or crusting.

62 out of 72 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by starshar

This is my HG eyeliner! Finally found one that works on my oily lids! It doesn't smudge on me and it stays all day long. It is easy to remove with eye-makeup remover as well. I like that it's ultra-black as well, so that it really defines the lids. I am single-lided and this works really good. My sis and me each own a pot each!

The downside: When first opened, it is creamy and really easy to apply. However, after a few months later, it will turn drier. So you have to take note of this and close the cap really tight after use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

OMG I am in love! I've never liked gel liners. I remember buying MAC blacktrack a few years back and I hated it. However, I was kinda sick of using pencil liner as it would fade or smudge throughout the day. Liquid liner always looked to harsh on me, even though I'm a tan NC40...

Whilst in Japan I saw this and seeing as it came with a free brush, thought I'd try it. I got it in black. First off let me say...the brush it comes with is amazing. Seriously. It lets me do the perfect line - and I've always had problems with getting my eyeliner looking straight! The brush is soft yet pretty firm. I love it.

Onto the actual gel liner...I love it just as much as the brush. It's a very rich black colour, yet doesn't look harsh on me. It makes my green eyes pop - I get compliments all the time on how much my eyes stand out when I wear this. It's much richer in pigmentation than the MAC gel liner. It's very creamy in texture too, and I only need to use a tiny bit. It lasts all day with no smudging or fading.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Nicsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best gel eyelienr you can get for its price!
It comes with a eyelienr brush which is soft yet stiff and perfect to obtain stunning eyes!
Product itself is creamy and easy to apply.
Lasted on my eyes for 7 hrs and i have oily eyelids! PERFECT

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by borneng

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product in black just out of curiosity as it says “Best Selling in Japan”, and I now understand why. This product is very easy to use and it glides just as it says on the box. As for durability, I wore it on my upper eye lid the whole day in the heat of humid Asia and no melting, no smudge, nada. Color wise, I think the black one is as black as it should be compares to other eyeliner. The best part of this product is its very affordable price. This product is a total winning formula all around!