Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

I was suckered into buying eggplant because the ads were so gorgeous. But let me tell you, they don't do the actual product justice.

Creamy? It makes butter attend self-esteem workshops.
Smudge-proof? Give it 30 seconds, and a jackhammer couldn't budge it.
Blendable? You could finger paint with this. And the eggplant is so incredibly layerable.
Waterproof? I washed a 10-person party's worth of dishes while playing with this eyeliner, and it look fresh applied on my hand after I was done.

And to put even more icing on the cake, the free brush included is soft, dense, and creates gorgeously thin lines.

Today, in an effort to make my flu feel less soul-sucking, I sheered it out all over my lids as an eyeshadow (there are little flecks of gold that appear when you do this!), did a cat-eyed liner, and lined my bottom lid.

That was at 7:45am. Went out bleary-eyed, sweated, sat under flood lamps for a portrait sitting, took a nap, sneezed continuously, cried (a little), and was generally miserable.

It literally looked exactly like I applied it when I took makeup remover to it half an hour ago (11:05pm). I will have to steal someone's camera to show you ladies how amazing this product is, because I have found my holy grail!

The only annoyances I have with the product are that the cap feels and sounds flimsy, and honestly, Maybelline? Are you sure there's 3g of product in there? It looks like I could scrape the bottom next week.

Now, off to see how amazing the other shades are!

on 3/1/2010 3:27:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

brought the black one.. very smooth and easy to apply..

on 2/28/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I got this a couple of months ago while on vacation, because my HIP cream liner dried out on me. I used it the remaining week I had of vacation, but I didn't really like it. I'm trying to put my finger on exactly why that is, and the best reason I can think of is the lack of pigment. To be fair - I like EXTREMELY black liner. I also was not to crazy about the application. I had to go over the line a couple of times, but that is due to the fact that I wasn't satisfied with the intensity (because it was opaque after the first swipe).
I'll just stick to my HIP even though it dries out before you can even get half way through a jar!

on 2/28/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

♥ Love it ♥ This eyeliner is good for the price you pay. After 12hrs of work it still looked fresh and it stayed on all nite long. Will definitely buy again.

on 2/26/2010 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Just got this in HK, in color brown. Very first eyeliner I bought, and like it. Used to heard from friends that this is with acceptable quality, and low price (especially as it comes with a brush). Some said the brush's too harsh, well, compare to the BB one, but I found it alright--yep, I've tried something worse, though that was a dirt cheap one.
However saw the sample in store quite dry. A little bit worried that if it would dry out too quick.
Would like to try the black one some time.

on 2/26/2010 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Curiosity got the best of me with this gel eyeliner even though i have two gel eyeliner from other drugstore brand, anyway i returned it to Duane Reade after just 2 days as it was a dud for me it didnt have any staying power at all its winter time so can you imagine wearing this when it gets warmer its would leave me looking like a someone punched me in the eye im glad it work for some people but me it didnt.

on 2/25/2010 11:58:00 PM

I would buy this product again...but i wished i bought charcoal instead of blackest black. but overall it's ok. I'd rather wear Stila's Smudge Pot Gel eyeliner because it's creamier and nicer compared to maybelline's texture gel liner. But if you are looking for an affordable gel liner i recommend maybelline's gel liner.

on 2/25/2010 4:31:00 PM

I bought this in the plum color and it is a very nice liner. I would be lost with out gel eyeliners. And while I will never give up Blitz n Glitz, this plum is a nice change of pace. It does go on nicely and feels very creamy. I am pleasantly surprised.

on 2/22/2010 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great gel eyeliner for the price. It glides on well and stays put all day. It is nice and creamy. I have it in black and brown. I have used it on my top eyelid and for water lining. It works well for both and does not smudge thru-out the day.

on 2/21/2010 11:09:00 AM

I've tried so many eyeliners and they all seemed to never last long than 1 hour on me, then I would have to reapply. They'd either fade away or smudge and look awful ... Annoying. I figured for the price of this Maybelline Eyestudio is was worth the price. And, low and behold !! It lasts ALL day on me - I LOVE it !

I would definitely buy again. In fact, it will probably be the only eyeliner I use going forward.

Video Reviews & Tutorials