Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 2/26/2010 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Just got this in HK, in color brown. Very first eyeliner I bought, and like it. Used to heard from friends that this is with acceptable quality, and low price (especially as it comes with a brush). Some said the brush's too harsh, well, compare to the BB one, but I found it alright--yep, I've tried something worse, though that was a dirt cheap one.
However saw the sample in store quite dry. A little bit worried that if it would dry out too quick.
Would like to try the black one some time.

on 2/26/2010 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Curiosity got the best of me with this gel eyeliner even though i have two gel eyeliner from other drugstore brand, anyway i returned it to Duane Reade after just 2 days as it was a dud for me it didnt have any staying power at all its winter time so can you imagine wearing this when it gets warmer its would leave me looking like a someone punched me in the eye im glad it work for some people but me it didnt.

on 2/25/2010 11:58:00 PM

I would buy this product again...but i wished i bought charcoal instead of blackest black. but overall it's ok. I'd rather wear Stila's Smudge Pot Gel eyeliner because it's creamier and nicer compared to maybelline's texture gel liner. But if you are looking for an affordable gel liner i recommend maybelline's gel liner.

on 2/25/2010 4:31:00 PM

I bought this in the plum color and it is a very nice liner. I would be lost with out gel eyeliners. And while I will never give up Blitz n Glitz, this plum is a nice change of pace. It does go on nicely and feels very creamy. I am pleasantly surprised.

on 2/22/2010 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great gel eyeliner for the price. It glides on well and stays put all day. It is nice and creamy. I have it in black and brown. I have used it on my top eyelid and for water lining. It works well for both and does not smudge thru-out the day.

on 2/21/2010 11:09:00 AM

I've tried so many eyeliners and they all seemed to never last long than 1 hour on me, then I would have to reapply. They'd either fade away or smudge and look awful ... Annoying. I figured for the price of this Maybelline Eyestudio is was worth the price. And, low and behold !! It lasts ALL day on me - I LOVE it !

I would definitely buy again. In fact, it will probably be the only eyeliner I use going forward.

on 2/20/2010 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I use gel liners all my life almost daily and the others I've tried are-stila smudge pot, mac fluidline, bobbi brown gel and wet n wild gel. I would say that this one is quite decent for a drugstore liner and comparable to bobbi brown or stilla but def not better than mac's fluidline. I use black gel liner daily and I find that this one is not super black like mac's. The formula is a bit dryer and less creamy than mac and that makes it harder to apply, there is more tugging. Also, I need to use more and don't get the same intensity as mac. It doesn't stay on as well as mac, both of which isn't perfectly waterproof but this one is less smudgeproof. A lot of the product is gone by the end of the day and it just doesn't make my eyes pop that much like mac. I guess the price is slightly better its cheaper by like three dollars I would say buy this over bobbi brown or stilla's gel liners but not over fluidline.

on 2/20/2010 6:23:00 PM

This is my favorite eyeliner. I used to use L'Oreal HIP Cream liner in black all the time but when this went on sale I got it 40% off, and immediately fell in love with it. It lasts longer than all of my eyeliners, including HIP. It is also darker and more fluid than HIP, and the brush that comes with it is actually really good. It's smooth and easy to apply and I can even wing my eyeliner out now! I love it so much, when I apply it on heavily with my Carbon Black mascara my eyelashes look huge. Applied on just the lashline is what I do for everyday. I don't even need to tug or pull on my eyes to apply this evenly. I want this in every color!!

on 2/19/2010 5:15:00 AM

I love this product, it has good packaging and the price is dirt cheap (they give it a brush too!!!).

However it dosen't stay "long lasting" in my eyes, but still this product is great...coz none of any eyeliner I've tried could stay long in my eyes (incld. bobbi brown).

You should try it, coz it super cheap...no pain in getting this product

on 2/18/2010 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this stuff is awesome and a great deal for about 8 bucks....its the easiest eyeliner I have ever applied! Definitely purchasing more colors!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials