November 26, 2014 | 1752 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

Godsent. This stuff beats out Urban Decay's Primer Potion anyday. It's silky and keeps my eyeshadow put all day. Although it's a dollar more than UDPP (if you think this is a reason not to buy TFSI, wowww....) it is SOO worth it. Here's why:

~ It's more hygenic- UDPP has a wand that you have to use to apply the product to your eyelid then dip back into the container, which ultimately makes the little genie bottle a haven for bacteria. TFSI is instead in a squeezy tube that has a tiny hole at the end to prevent the primer from drying out.

~ The packaging is so much better- The packaging, my goodness the packaging! I can get out every last bit of product and put it to good use! Curves should be flaunted, but not when it comes to a bottle! So much stuff gets left behind in those dents UDPP has. Cutting through it is a pain and the stuff usually dries out after a couple of weeks when you transfer it.

~ Texture- TFSI is silky and very smooth. I think it is better for people with normal to dry eyelids, whereas UDPP is better for oily since it is a bit drying. I don't have excessively oily or dry lids, so I like my Too Faced.

~ For you people who are still thinking a DOLLAR is too much, might it help to know that there is .01 fl oz more product in TFSI? =]

EDIT 11/26/08: I went to swim practice last night, and when I got home and looked in the mirror I was so suprised. My eyeshadow and liner stayed put and looked almost exactly the same as when I first put it on! It would probably be safe to say that this keeps your eyeshadow pretty waterproof since it lasted through a 2 hour swim practice! =]

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by franny06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have exceptionally oily eyelids, but remain stubbornly resolved to find a primer/shadow/liner combination that permits me to indulge in my fondness for dramatic eye makeup...
Of the array of primers I've sampled, including UDPP, this is definitely the best. If I'm careful to cover the most oil-prone parts of my eye area, my eye makeup does not budge until I choose to remove it -- sometimes after upwards of 12 hours. I found SI to have two advantages over UDPP. First, it's far less drying than UDPP. Initially, I deemed UDPP a godsend for my oily lids, but it quickly fell out of favour when I realised my lids were starting to get crepey and apparently...droopy (this might be rather attributable to some sort of minor allergic reaction that produced just barely detectible under-the-skin bumps...? Whatever the case, my lower lid was disappearing...). The second advantage is that the packaging allows you to use up every last bit of product. (Note, though, that I do appreciate the 'wand' feature of UDPP -- if only they'd change the shape of the bottle; it defies logic!)
I'll never feel particularly excited about shelling out $20 for a primer, but given that this actually works, it's probably the best value out there for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by vickyj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

well I cant believe I am going to say this but this shadow primer is in my opinion better then UDPP. UDPP is good and makes my shadows last all night but I find my eyelids feel really dry and its hard to blend my eye shadows after using it.

The too faced one is much easier to blend the eye shadows and the eyeshadows appear more vibrant. My eyeshadow and liner last through clubbing and also a 12 hour day in a very stressful job. I mst say I am very impressed and will definatly buy this again over UDPP.

vicky

ps. Forgot to mention the packaging with too faced allos you to use all the product whereas UDPP is a little more diffacult to use all the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by christyxjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Bought this after all the rave on the boards. Creased after a few hours. Will be going back to UDPP, which makes my shadow last all night, even after clubbing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by iwasntlazyinmay

UMM...what will I do without you, Too Faced Shadow Insurance?!? I was using MAC paint pots and shadesticks and the notorious Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP for ya'll makeupalley'ers) and this product blows each and every one of them out of the water. My eyelids are supercalafragilisticly O I L Y and this stops all creasing, melting, and fading of my precious and expensive eyeshadows from MAC. I swear I will cry if they ever discontinue this product. I actually tried this product on one eye and UPDD with a paint pot on the other and the Too Faced creased after 12 hours and the other eye creased after 2 hours. So the results?? I am converting to Too Faced. Also, the shadows are soooo vibrant with this base and easier to blend which is important to me. This is probably the best purchase I have ever made in my makeup kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 7:53:00 AM More reviews by keco52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've never tried udpp so I can't compare the 2 but tfsi WORKS so I don't feel the need to try udpp. I have tried paint pots, concealer, white eyeliner. ALL failed to keep my e/s on.

It e/s usually wears off by lunch...if it hasn't worn off by lunch then my lids get oily and all of the shadow migrates and clumps in my crease o.O. It's embarassing...especially when I dont catch it until I get home.

With tfsi my e/s lasted 12+ hours!!! 3x longer than it usually lasts. AND I only used a teeny tiny amount on each lid...which is good...it means the tube will probably last me a long time!

I'm thinking it may be HG status! ^.^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used updd before this. I had bought the product in july and by september I had to destroy the bottle and move the product but after week it began to dry out and after 2 weeks it was very dry.
So I decided to try shadow insurance. It cost $1 more so anyone complaining about how shadow insurance costs more needs help. It comes in a better tube, has .01 more product. It's worth it to me. However I got this for $14 at ulta since I used a 20% coupon.
I found this formula to be much more silky than udpp which is a plus since I thought udpp was drying. You also use less product with shadow insurance since it's in more economic packaging, you only need a tiny speck to do your whole lid.
I also found that my eyeshadow was easier to blend which saved time. Udpp put up some resistance when it came to blending.
The colors of my eyeshadow are more vibrant than udpp did. Using drugstore and high end shadow didn't make a difference, both were more vibrant so it wasn't just the quality of the eyeshadow.
Shadow insurance lasted just as long as udpp. How long either really lasts I don't know, I usually take off my eyeshadow after 16hrs and it still looks perfect unless I rub at my eyes.
I would buy this again for sure. The packaging is way better and so is the product. I'll also be getting my sister one for christmas :]

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by alli884

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic product that is just as good as UDPP. The only difference is that eye shadow shows up a *little* more vivid with UDPP but with SI blending is much easier. I like SI better because the packaging much better, more sanitary and less wasted product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by northernwinterlude

I must say I was expecting great things with Shadow Insurance, but was dismayed with it's performance. It creased on my lids, and I even tried to use the smallest amounts on my lids fearing I had applied too much. No matter how I tried to apply Shadow Insurance, brush or fingertip, I just couldn't get it to work on me. This eyeshadow primer feels more moisturizing and slippery in texture when compared to Urban Decay's Primer Potion. UDPP remains my HG eyeshadow primer, as it works better for people with oily lids like myself. One thing I did like about Shadow Insurance was the packaging. UD should package their primer in this type of squeeze tube container. In my opinion Shadow Insurance would work better for people with normal to dry eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by theleaningelm

For the record, I've never used Urban Decay Primer Potion, but after reading about UDPPgate, I'm not sure I want to.

TFSI is everything it claims on its website, something not many cosmetics seem to live up to. Normally, eye shadows stick around for a maximum of four hours on my oily lids. With TFSI, they're still going on strong after a 16 hr day. The formula is creamy, smooth, and forgiving enough to let you blend it out before locking down and drying. Eye shadows go on smooth and more intense than normally. And it comes in a cute, sanitary tube! What's not to love?