August 30, 2014 | 1007 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i had been a long time UDPP user, but recently switched over to TFSI. TFSI works a lot like UDPP -- it makes the eyeshadow colors pop, prevents e/s from fading and creasing, and lasts all day. plus....

imo, TFSI is better than UDPP in that TFSI (1) has superior packaging (no more unsanitary wands, depotting hassle, and realizing that after depotting the product is less effective); (2) i need less product to prime my eyelids; (3) formula is more lightweight and less drying; (4) my e/s blend better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by k3honey6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All i have to say is that, this is f***en amazing! its been almost 12 hours, and no crease. great for a full time student and worker! i didnt believe it until i tried it for myself. great packaging for such a great product. well worth the price for what it does! of course the UDPP and TFSI battle has ended for me, and like for most people, the packaging is what won it over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by tracita

This works just as well as UDPP for me but I like the packaging for this(tube) much better than UDPP which is a pain in the arse to cut open...I'd definitely buy this again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Charlin

OMG!!! Thank you to everyone who wrote helpful reviews on this. I was trying to decide whether I wanted UDPP or this one, but in the end I watched some comparisons on youtube and decided to go for the one with better designed packaging.
It comes in a slim tube with a precision tip so you can control how much you are squeezing out. I only use a TINY amount on each lid. It feels quite dry and matte with a slight powdery feel. It looks translucent on.
This morning I applied it to my whole upper eye area as well as just under the eye before applying powder shadow and eyeliner on top.
I looked in the mirror about 6 times over 14 hours to check and it barely smudged, I got a small eyeliner smudge on the inner corner of my eyes but I hadn't put any primer there, other than that, the colours stayed true and they hadn't disappeared! Normally my eyeshadow only lasts for a couple of hours before it slides everywhere and I get a greasy line of colour in the crease of my lid. Why didn't I buy this before!? This is definitely one of my best ever purchases and I have bought a LOT of makeup over the years. Love it!
Update:
I'm so sad. After using this for about 3 weeks my eyelids have become inflamed and sore. It was definitley caused by this as I don't have any other new products. Don't dare use this now-I took off a lippy but it doesn't mean that you will get the same reaction...I will try UDPP next.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by cynthea

works just as great as UDPP but its easier to blend and the tube packaging is much better than the wand applicator that UDPP has. ill be buying this instead from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by whatsonyourface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is truly a fantastic product! It keeps my eyeshadow from creasing and makeup looking fresh. I live in a very humid climate and usually by the end of the day my makeup has melted away. I used this primer every day this summer and at the end of the day the only thing that didn't budge was my eyeshadow, which was prepped by this Too Faced primer. This has definitely become a must have product for my everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by sweetxtrang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

TFSI is hands down an awesome primer/base. My shadows last the entire day (12-16 hrs) without fading or creasing. It has a creamy consistency and is a sheer nude color--will blend into your natural lids effortlessly. It does not interfere with the colors of your shadows. A small drop covers the entire lid. Let it settle for 30 seconds before you start packing on shadows. Use a creme base like Revlon's Illuminance Creme Shadows to help loose pigments adhere better. Use TFSI underneath which will help the cream bases from creasing. The packaging is much better than Urban Decay's Primer Potion so you will be able to get more product out. Though somewhat pricey, a little goes a long way and this is definitely worth every penny. This is a must have staple for every girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by redwill0w

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product! Yay! Holds everything perfectly in place until you remove it. Smooth and lightweight on lids. Perfect shade (unlike, for instance, Mally's heavier, darker primers). I use a tiny bit under my lower lashes as well, and shadow, pencil or liner there also remains all day. Many primers instantly darken and intensify color applications, requiring a touch so light it's hard to achieve (unless you like that bruised, ultra-urban, I'm-an-addict look). Not this one - shadow and liner remain true. I too prefer this to UDPP. Well worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by mareenka

Fantastic eyeshadow primer! I got a sample of it with some online order, and I love it! I have been using UDPP before and I like it, but this primer is a lot better. I use less of it, it blends with the lid color better and dries faster. And I cant feel it on my lids like I can feel UDPP if that makes any sense. I am still using the tiny sample, but will buy a full size tube as soon as I run out. Fantastic primer, do not hesitate to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

I love this product!

I had been using L'Oreal's shadow base, which was working fine, but this product is doing a much better job for me. It keeps the shadow in place, looking as bright and fresh as when I first apply it, all day long. That's amazing to me - since most of my shadows, even with base, would fade and crease due to my oily lids.

Anyway, I use this product alone with a bare face because it evens out my lids' skin tone.

Very happy with this - highly recommended. It does seem high at $17 (Sephora) but I use hardly any so I think this will last a very long time.