July 23, 2014 | 2160 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Faishi

Edit: MY shade is bonne (im also MAC NC20)

The coverage is medium/buildable. make sure you dun apply it too much as it will cakey.. before each use, roll the bottle in betwen ur hands rather than shake the bottle. this way, you're warming up the foundation also it didnt get drop easily(tends to drop when u shake the bottle!) it covers my imperperfections flawlessly such as open pores,blemishes,pimple scars, even my fines lines are invisible too! but you need to be careful with this, after you apply dots on five points of ur face (forehead,cheecks,chin n nose) you need to blend it as soon as u dot them on ur face. otherwise you'll find it hard to blend. i usually apply this all over my face. and only wear this for special outing. or for natural look, apply only wear u need it. then set it with loose powder. this foundation is very long lasting. at times, i do not need to touch up. but if i need to, i dab a tissue on the shiny area then dab w my loose powder. i store my Estee lauder LP in my bare esentuals compact(with shifter,brush n mirror). its so useful!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading the raves on here about this foundation, I decided to give it a try, so I got a few samples from the Estee Lauder counter to try out. Well, I'm really glad I got samples before purchasing. Yes, this covers EVERYTHING, but it emphasized my pores, looked SO unnatural, and felt extremely heavy - and this is coming from a girl who favors fuller coverage foundations like MAC studio fix fluid/studio sculpt, MUFE mat velvet, etc. I tried applying it a number of different ways, and the results were always the same. It also didn't feel like the foundation ever really dried, but instead felt a little tacky all day even after I set it with powder, and it settled into fine lines I didn't even know I had. This might be good for some people who REALLY need coverage and are willing to sacrifice a little bit of not wanting to scream "I'm wearing foundation!" for that coverage, but it's definitely not for me - I'll stick with my MAC and MUFE.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So, i bought the sumptuous mascara, the double matte powder which i really really love and the take it away cleanser after deciding to try a sample of this bc i felt bad for not even trying it and making a judgment on it solely on the fact of how the makeup artists at the counter looked and especially after i support mac and alot of them look like drag queens, so anyway, im nc 45 in mac and they matched me to soft chestnut, knowing that these colors for this particular foundations run lighter than normal for woc, i got the next three shades as a sample to try at home, which were bronze, rich ginger and spice. So i tried them, bronze, soft chestnut and spice where to light and rich ginger was starting to look kind of reddish/pinkish on my face not too appealing, if anything maybe i could have blended two colors together to get a perfect match but no foundation to me is worth that effort and dollars, especially since my complexion is pretty workable with most foundation companies i tried. What i did notice was that, once applied this foundation goes on completely matte, so oily girls will love this and i was so upset bc i want that as well but this gives your face a very flat look in my opinion, so if your natural and don't like applying blush or bronzer to warm the face up, leave this foundation alone, next the colors were just off for me and it just wasnt natural looking at all. Prescriptives flawless skin and virtual matte, as well gives me what i need in a foundation. I gave it two lippies solely on the fact that you will stay matte and your face will be fully covered if there any type of blemishes or pimples on your face. This shouldn't be for people who have fairly good skin in the first place. Cannot recommend if you still want your natural skin to shine through. I do want to say however the individualist foundation seems 100x better but the lady told me its being discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by eav5445

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As with any makeup junkie, I of course am constantly trying new products. But I always come back to my double wear! It does last all day, provides very good coverage, and looks natural!
EL provides a wide range of colors, making it easy to find your match with the right consultant, I am 4N1 in summer and 3N1 in winter.
ALSO, and most importantly, I have pretty oily skin, and it has been the biggest motivator in my search for the perfect foundation. This is the best I have found to deal with oily skin. I sometimes break out, but my skin is not particularly sensitive, but I have large pores around my nose and some redness in my cheeks that I like to cover. With the help of a few other products (such as Smashbox's anti-shine, tube not the compact) it really cuts down on the oil even during the summer!
A must-try for anyone with oily skin, even if you don't like as much coverage, still try because a little goes a long way if you blend well (mac 187 is the best!) or mix with a very light, matte moisturizer. Anddd I always finish with a powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I bought this since I saw all the good reviews it had, I used it for the first time yesterday, and let me tell you... it's the best liquid foundation I've ever used, I'm so happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by gladyswang

I just love this foundation, it has great coverage and staying powder. I am a restaurant manager and work up to 12 hours a day sometimes, and I still look clean and fresh after apply this foundation! I bought my second bottle at Nordstrom today!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this that lasted me for a few days and am glad I did because I would not purchase this. My skin is very fair (MAC NW15-20) and dry and this foundation was very thick and cakey on my skin. I could feel it on my skin, which is horrible. The colour was too dark also (and she gave me the lightest colour they had).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 4:54:00 AM More reviews by SonyaAdams

Handles hot and moist areas, but feels like a mask because of it's thickness. I switched to Double Wear Light and it feels much better. It still gets the same type of coverage, but feels much more sheer on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by alwaysmandee

Double Wear is a full coverage foundation. It is long lasting, quick drying and buildable. If you set it correctly, you should not have issues with it transferring. It handles well in the heat and even if you sweat. I've made it out of the gym with my makeup still intact. In my opinion, the most impressive aspect of this foundation is that is withstands my extremely oily skin for several hours. Of course I have to blot, all of us oily girls do. I've been using Double Wear in Ecru (1N1) for the past three years. MAC matches me to NW20. Estee Lauder's C (cool) shades, tend to run very pink, the W (warm) shades, very yellow. Some feel that the N (neutral) shades are orange or peach, but Ecru matches my skin tone well. You will need to go to the counter and take your time making a selection. This covers any and all imperfections such as scars, sun spots, and acne, without the added chore of using a concealer. This isn't a tinted foundation or light coverage. So if you aren't looking for full coverage, you may want to look elsewhere. Choosing the correct color and applying the foundation correctly will prevent your makeup from looking mask-like. I use a Q-tip as an applicator, dipping it in the foundation and dotting it on my face in sections: cheeks, chin, then forehead. Using a sponge wedge, I stipple (bounce the sponge) over each section quickly, so the makeup will not dry before I am finished covering any imperfections. Lastly, I set the makeup with Laura Mercier's loose translucent powder before adding blush or doing my eye makeup. My makeup looks just applied for 12 hours or more. Great for long days at the office. Can't praise this product enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by hulmek2

i bought this foundation today after getting sick of my estee lauder full coverage foundation due to how blotchy and oily it looked after only a coulpe of hours, and after having a love hate battle with MACs studio fix (love the coverage, hate the shade choices and the fact it breaks me out). The tester of the colour 'sand' matched my skin a lot better than macs nw15 ever has done so i was willing to give it a try. again, the fact that the bottle doesnt come with a pump just like macs studio fix is so annoying as its such an expensive foundation you would think the packaging would be better, i mean, even drugstore brands provide a pump... anyway, i tried it as soon as i got home onto my bare skin with no primer, concealer or anything, and i have to say that so far i am impressed. It felt lighter than my maximum coverage foundation (although still provided really good coverage), and blended easier than my mac, and when i looked in the car mirror (the worst light ever) my skin looked amazing, the best it ever has done with foundation. I didn't think it looked mask like, but again, i am used to wearing heavy foundations. I have now had it on 5 hours and my skin still looks as fresh as when i first put it on and doesnt feel oily at all, even without powder. I will test it further to see if it breaks me out, how well it washes off etc, but so far i am really pleased with it and it may well become my HG foundation. i took off a lippie for price and packaging, but other than that it is a product i would definately recommend for people with oily skin who want full coverage that lasts all day.

*UPDATE* I have used this for a good 9 months now and although I still like it I am going to start looking for something else. Its a really good product for coverage but your skin has to be really moisturised before using it or it can look cakey and I still have to touch it up during the day. Would definitely buy again and is better than EL maximum coverage but going to see if there is better out there. Its also very hard to wash off!!