MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 6/29/2010 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have had many issues with this foundation. I have about 3 of these in different colors. Everytime I get color matched, I end up with a different color because the NW's are too pink for me, but the NC's are straight up orange! I am currently a NC37, and while it does match me perfectly for now, I'm scared that when it oxidizes, it will make me orange like my NC40 did. As for the coverage, it is one of the best full coverage foundations I have used. Definitely a matte finish, so I really don't recommend this product if you have super dry skin, since it might enhance dry patches. Great for oily or combo-skin though :) It does stay put for a good amount of time, but using Fix+ or any other makeup setting spray would make this foundation last longer.

Overall, it is a good foundation coverage/application wise. I just wish MAC's foundation colors had more neutral toned shades that weren't super pink or super orange.

We'll see how this goes when I finish this bottle if I will buy a new one or not.

----EDIT-----
I now give this product 5 lippies instead of 3. Before I had a color match issue, and while I do have 3 different shades of this foundation, I now feel that they all work for me. I went back to this foundation after suffering a lot of acne scarring, and let me tell you, this stuff works to cover it up. I use a MAC 180 flat top kabuki (discontinued) and the trick is to dab it on, not buff in. If it looks a bit cakey, I spritz on Fix + and I'm good to go. So overall, this is my HG foundation as of now, and I encourage all of you to try this out.

on 6/29/2010 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was the best colour match I’ve ever had for my light-medium yellow skin (NC25) and I wore it every day. I found that it transferred easily and had to be touched up throughout the day (not good for oily t-zone) however I put up with this because of the excellent colour match. Then a few weeks ago I noticed my clear skin suddenly had 3-4 pimples coming in every week, I quickly realised it was my studio fix fluid. I immediately stopped using it and am now using a mineral foundation, it took a couple of weeks but my skin is now clear again. I won’t be using Mac foundation again

on 6/27/2010 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had a generous sample of this, in NC15, which is the best the nice SA could match me with. The color is still WAY to dark for me, and a bit yellowish (i´m neutral).
I so wanted to love this, and the coverage is great and the texture is nice, but - WRONG color, and i have enough too dark foundations already.
PLEASE MAC, start selling lighter shades than NC/NW15, because there are LOTS of women who would buy it!

on 6/24/2010 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't like this foundation at all..now that I've found the right foundation my skin likes (Nars Sheer Glow). I'm an NC45 with combination skin (oily t-zone). The color matched very well and the first couple of hours looks really good but after that it oxidizes! My face looked orangey/yellow? And didn't even match down to my neck anymore. I also noticed that it makes me look white in pictures and I'm thinking that's from the SPF in it but I asked the MAC girl and she said this foundation looks great in pictures. But what I did like about this product is the packaging, it keeps it nice and clean with the pump and you can control how much u use without wasting.

I have clear skin, but i like the look of foundation. Since its summer and super hot, i apply this with a damp sponge so it still makes my face look flawless, but its not so heavy that it will melt off. yea the colors do run dark, but you can obviously see that when you look at the bottle, so i dont know why so many really pale people complain about that. if you are super pale, try illamasqua foundation. Studio Fix doesnt break me out and lasts 14+ hours

on 6/21/2010 4:04:00 PM

I decided to get this because I didn't want to spend over $40 on my usual Bobbi Brown foundation that seems to be making me oily lately. After the SA found my color NW15, I happily took this home and could not wait to try it. When I applied it, it looked fine...but after being in the FL heat for about 10 minutes, I turned orange. Oompa Loompa? That was me. Not only did this oxidize, but when I scratched my cheek...my nail had an orange looking oil on it. I will attest that my skin is combination, but that is something that has never happened before. I returned this today

on 6/20/2010 3:54:00 AM

I buy this foundation the last 3 years and i can say i am a fan! Although its a bit expensive ( 30 euros in greece) its worth the money because it stays in place for hours and hours even if you are playing in the sun in 35 degrees. Its coverage its really good and it goes on very smoothly preparing the skin for the other make up products. The only thing that is bad is that it doesnt smell that nice. But in general its a good choice especially if your skin is already in good condition.

on 6/19/2010 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this foundation on / off for three years and have never suffered any problems with it. I've tried many different foundations which have caused my dry skin all kinds of issues but Studio Fix Fluid never fails me!
It provides great coverage for my NC15 skintone without looking too cakey, to give it a more dewy look I mix it with a small blob of MAC Strobe Cream which does the trick nicely.

If it's within your price range, I highly recommend this product. However I can understand why people with acne prone skin should avoid this as it does layer on quite thick.

on 6/17/2010 10:05:00 AM

I love this foundation. It offers good coverage whilst still looking very natural. On me, it looks like skin, but just a really nice version of my skin!
I have skin which is oily in areas and this foundation controls shine well. I probably wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with dry skin.
Some reviewers have said that this product is heavy but applied properly, I have found this is not the case. I apply it sparingly using a foundation brush and the finish is natural but flawless. Also, because of this, this product lasts a long time. I aply two coats of this to my skin everyday and this lasts me for months.
I have used other foundations and always come back to this one.

on 6/16/2010 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First thing... i hate the smell! it just smells really weird like a mix of chemicals.. yuck!
the coverage is good, its medium-full coverage - you can easily get medium coverage with a small amount, i got colour matched to nc40 and its very yellow based but not too obvious. i've only worn this afew times and it hasnt reacted with my skin as far as i know (and I'm a little scared to use it too often because of previous reviewers saying it broke them out), i'd only wear this during the day becasue of the SPF and i don't want to risk looking ghostly white in photos at night (although i havnt tried it). it's a good foundation if u want medium/full coverage, but for me it may be a little too heavy for everyday wear and the smell is just a turn off! But it does feel really smooth on the skin
I don't think i'd repurchase