December 22, 2014 | 1332 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by joannerowsell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this, thinking it would be similar to EL double wear, i really didnt get on with this at all, i have pink undertones and could not find a good colour match, i was matched to nw15 but it oxidized after an hour and looked very orange, it settled into my lines and pores, even with a primer underneath. it felt quite tingley on the skin and tight, and i dont have sensitive skin. it felt cakey and i just really did not like the look, it aged me ten years..not good if your skin is less than perfect and you want a shade to macth cool pink undertones

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by SexyZombieStripperSlut

I love to cake on my foundation. Its not mask like. Its only mask like if you dont blend into your frickin hair line + neck. Ive never found anything like this, its amazing. Its thick, heavy, and covers almost everything. I have super dry skin so i need to moisturize a lot before i apply this, but its worth it for the results. It even looks good under fluorescent lights. They run slightly orange+too dark but i like that look

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok i have gone through so many bottles of this. I have to say it isn`t the best foundation out there, but other great foundations are a lot more expensive too. For 31 dollars here in Canada, that is pretty good for Mac. It is annoying that it does not come with a pump though. It is great coverage, if you put too much on it will look cakey which i hate. I use this foundation all the time. Wide range of colors for all skin tones. I would repurchase again as usual.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So after years of fighting against acne during highschool, I won the fight during my time at uni. After 5 years without significant acne-breakouts, I felt the time was right to get rid of my oil-free foundations specially made for acne-proned skin.These foundations never work like the ones with all the bad stuff in it, and I wanted the real thing, the 'doll' face, the full-coverage foundation that would make me look flawless, especially at special occasions.

I bought this product some months ago after hearing good things about it. The lady at the shop found the perfect match for my pale skin and I was amazed about the coverage and how great I looked. How had I ever lived without it???

Anyways, the fairytale went bad: I'm fighting now again against horrible acne on my chin (strange only on that area, I guess I use more product on that part to cover it up, which makes it much worse!). I bought all my skin-cleaning acne products again from my teenage years and doing the intnense ritual again. Feels really like back to highschool :-( I pray the breakout will be gone again before summer...

So no more MAC for me, it was too great to be true for me :-(

(I'm a non native speaker so sorry for language mistakes)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by kaiyrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a bad foundation IMO, but not the best in the world either. The MA said that SFF is good for oily skins because it "absorbs oil" but I really don't see that -- within two hours, my face still looks like a greased-up mess if I don't blot. It does have the potential to look mask-like, but it really depends on the application. I usually just use a filbert-cut foundation brush and that provides a sheer application (oddly enough, if I use my 187 dupe with this I end up looking caked-on). I'll also mix the foundation with a bit of my moisturizer, or I'll apply the foundation by itself with a damp sponge. I also have to really blend this out because even though I'm an NC25, it's not a perfect match -- it has way too much yellow.

PROS:
+ Great coverage. Unless you've got some serious scarring or pigmentation problems, it'll be covered with this.
+ Matte/satin finish.
+ Lots of shades.

CONS:
+ This stuff comes off on EVERYTHING, even when set with powder -- clothing, tissue, etc.
+ Feels heavy.
+ Packaging. Really, MAC? You really want to make us buy a separate pump? You might as well just put the pump on the bottle, bump up the price to $30 and call it a day.

Would I buy again? Yes, but in the meantime, I'm going to be on the search for something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by alicebt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, if you're looking for a natural finish, this is so not it. Looks extremely thick and powdery. Might work well during night time, but don't buy this thinking it's the only foundation you'll need.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Hinae26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the coverage of this foundation, but it looks rather cakey on if i dont blot a bit of it off, because I havent found a brush i really like with it yet. It also doesnt keep me from getting shiny, but if i use MAC blot powder throughout the day it seems to do the trick.

*Edit* Sooo I used my first bottle, waited a few months, then bought a new one to see if I liked it any better. I love the coverage, and the way I'm applying it doesnt look cakey, but I think its breaking me out! I've been using it for 3 days now and i have 7 or 8 new pimples. Soo dissapointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have wanted to use this product for years!! I kept reading all the positive reviews and wanted to find a foundation that was easily accessible (don't have to order online). I also wanted a color/shade that matched my HG MaryKay Medium Coverage in Bronze 507. I had a hard time finding the right shade in Studio Fix fluid so, I finally decided to just look at the bottles and find one that looked the most similar to my current HG foundation. It was NW43!! I was started, suprised and scared. I had heard to stay away from the NW shades b/c they were too red. I had tried NC45 (too light) and NC50 (too dark). A very nice SA gave me a small sample. I went home to try my new discovery and guess what, It's a perfect match!!! I'm so happy. I've been using my sample for several days now. It was not much, one of those small, round things with the black screw top, about the size of a nickel. I really like that you only need a very, very, small amount of this foundation. I only need the equivalent of a 1/2 pump to do my entire face!! I apply with my 187. I tried using my 109, but the coverage was too heavy. The 187 gives a nice sheer application. It hides all blemishes, dries to a semi-matte finish, looks smooth and natural (unless you put on too much) So, I will definitely purchase this once my sample is gone.

update 3/27: My sample is gone and I bought the full sized product. I just realized that I had and allergic reaction to something in this foundation. Although, I really like it. It's a nice skintone match and erases all skin imperfections, I can't wear it daily. I will save for special occasions or photographs. I left 5 lippies b/c it is a great proudct just not for me. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by marinaeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this product as my "evening" foundation, as I find it a bit too heavy for daytime. I love it though for when I'm going out at night - my face shows up beautifully in photos. It's hard to not look photogenic! I've read some reviews about it making people break out, I haven't found that yet, although I'm only using it at most twice a week. The packaging could be better, I find that I always pour out too much foundation. A pump would have been better. But other than that, I love this foundation, and will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by wahinegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely my HG foundation. Love the consistency, the ease with which it blends, and of course the build-ability. I have fairly dry skin, and I really like that this is one of the few foundations that doesn't highlight any dry patches. I have been using this for 3 years, and I keep coming back to it. The coverage is perfect too! Just enough to hide all imperfections, but never so much that you look cakey or extremely "made-up". I have applied this product with my fingers, with various foundation brushes, as well as with sponges, and all have worked for me, Also, I have fairly sensitive skin, and I have never had a problem with this breaking me out causing any sort of irritations.