October 23, 2014 | 1111 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 6:58:00 PM More reviews by siamesekiss

Leaves my super long hair shiny and soft. It's not too goopey and heavy like others. A very small bottle lasts forever it seems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 3:35:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

What it is: A liquid silicone hair serum. It is stated on the bottle that the product can also be used on skin.

Packaging: An unassuming simple plastic bottle.

Price: Dependent upon size of bottle and where it is purchase. Roughly $15 for a 2 oz bottle or so.

Fragrance: Highly fragranced. Not sure how to describe the smell but it is very prominant and long lasting.

Raves: Totally blown away by this from the first time I tried it, made my hair incredibly soft and shiny w/o making it look greasy or weighed down. Need less than a dime size for my shoulder length fine hair. I also personally love the fragrance.

Rants: Not a big deal but the bottle did say it could be used on skin, sort of like a lotion. It is too pricy to do that anyways but I tried it and within a few days it left my skin really super itchy and scaley feeling. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2003 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Szn22

Still the best in my opinion. Just make sure to use a very small amount otherwise you get pretty greasy. Great fragrance, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2002 4:02:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good product to add shine and softness, I'm not especially fond of silicones but this product does work and as long as not used daily, doesn't seem to cause buildup. The key to getting this to work right and not end up greasy is to use it on soaking wet hair, without towel drying, squeezing, ect. before you apply and you'll prevent greasines and get the maximum benefits

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2002 6:23:00 AM More reviews by crispykrunch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells great, might be a bit overpowering for some. Really keeps my dry, damaged hair looking shiny, feeling soft. Use too much and you'll be a greaseball, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2002 1:22:00 PM More reviews by emmes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my favorite finishing product... actually, i used it for everything! =) this product is perfect for smoothing dry/frizzy ends. it leaves your hair (not to mention your hands too!) feeling incredibly soft. some people aren't really fond of the smell, but i find it absolutely devine. i'm on my 3rd bottle now.. and will keep on repurchasing. i have to admit, it is a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way. (oh, btw, i find that it works even better with heat.)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2002 4:18:00 AM More reviews by mizcheriie

I looooove this stuff. My best friend got me hooked onto this a couple years back and I haven't looked back ever since. I just smooth a little bit on after my hair's dried.. comes in really handy to tame split ends when i can't get to the salon right away. I admit I still get an initial shock when I see the price tag, but then again, two bottles have lasted me almost four and a half years.. not too shabby.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2002 2:29:00 AM More reviews by simply_kristina

I have reallly long hair. Like it's almost below my butt and this stuff totally works!! I work at a beauty store and its a seller!! My hair is naturally straight, but it still works really good. After I take a shower, I put it in my hair where its still kind of damp and its so eaassy to brush through! I love running my fingers through my hair. Just don't put too much on, cuz it'll weigh your hair down n make it real oily!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2002 5:32:00 PM More reviews by GreeneyedGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this product. I have medium-length curly hair that I blow out practically every day and I find this, coupled with a straightening serum/balm, keeps my hair frizz-free, makes my locks glossy and the smell is unbelievable. Use a TINY amount 1-2 drops max, rub it through the palms of your hands, and gently pat it into hair (I quickly found that combing it into freshly washed hair is not the way to do it)...try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2002 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Showum

I LOVE this stuff. It is my after blow-drying staple. The smell is warm and very subtle to me. My hair would be a frizzy mess without it. About the alcohol drying your hair out, just use a VERY small drop of olive oil. Just don't use near your scalp or it will look too oily!