Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 11/25/2004 11:06:00 AM

I got a sample of this and tried it twice. Twice is twice too much for this stuff! It is not that very bad, but by far not a mascara I would spend money on. It made my lashes "heavy", all natural curls disappeared within seconds. And, after a couple of hours, most of the mascara was sitting under my eyes. Very non-glamorous indeed.

There are so many great mascaras in the market, at far better prices. I cannot understand why a company like Clinique, owned by Estée Lauder, makes a mascara like this one. Spend your hard earned money on really good mascaras (Max Factor, Maybelline, Helena Rubinstein).

on 11/21/2004 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I received this in a GWP. Initially I dod not like it because it was quite thin and didn't give my lashes the oomph I like. I tried it again a couple weeks later and I two compliments in two days about how long my lashes were. I've got Asian lashes that are fairly long in the first place, but I was happy with the compliments. This mascara is nice and dark and it builds even fullness and length. I add extra thickness and staying power by adding Illegal Lengths wp over top. I may buy this mascara in the full size, but in the meantime I will try out other cheaper brands. I love trying out new mascaras!

on 11/16/2004 9:35:00 AM

This is a nice veeery black mascara, it gives me beautiful long and separate lashes, but not much volume. It also flakes a bit.
I tried a sample and probably would not purchase.

on 11/10/2004 1:53:00 PM

I was anxious to try this for a full dramatic lash look. Alas, this instantly fused my lashes together ( think Joel Grey in "Cabaret") - I tried brushing with a lash comb between coats which helped, but not much. Too spiky and stiff. Thank goodness this was a free GWP. On the plus side, it didn't smudge and was easy to remove, but this is inferior to nearly every other I've tried :(

This totally flattens my curl, even with a brand new Shishiedo eyelash curler! It does thicken a little bit, but there are MUCH better mascaras out there. A good thing however, is that it washes off very easily. I wear this on days when I'm not really going to go anywhere and too lazy to put on L'Oreal Voluminous WP(HG).

on 11/8/2004 3:45:00 PM

I love Clinique's mascaras, since they never clump, so I thought this voluminizing formula would be a sure thing! Alas, I was wrong. This is a good mascara -- I give it 3.5 lippies. It gives some volume, but not a lot. It lengthens my lashes, but not a lot. Well, to be fair, it lengthens pretty well, but I was expecting more. Overall, this does make my lashes look a bit more thick, but my goal of long, fluffy lashes has not been met.

on 11/8/2004 3:12:00 PM

Once again, another disappointing Clinique mascara. I guess every cosmetic line has it negative points. I got this as a GWP. At first I was excited because I thought it was going to look good, but it smudges horribly. When I first put it on, it seemed to make my lashes longer and didn't clump. This doesn't last long.

on 11/7/2004 5:52:00 PM

This is SO not worth the expense... It hardly beats the $5 mascaras by maybelline and other cheap brands.

I've got to say it did its job, it gave me full dark beautiful lashes, but nothing above other brands. Also it started to clump in the tube REALLY quickly, a month at most.

So I doubt I'll buy again, it just isn't worth it when cheaper ones do the same thing.

on 11/6/2004 10:11:00 AM

This is the mascara I love to wear. Would consider purchasing on my own(Im a cheapskate when it comes to eye makeup,dont spend more than 3-6 bucks on mascara!)

ps:years ago stopped wearing mascara years on a regular basis because I found it a pain to take off each night and my lashes were getting sparse from falling out. This ones not waterproof but thats fine.

on 11/5/2004 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a big fan of the dramatic, fuzzy-looking lash so I always like to use two - one for Volume, the other one for length. As for volume, L'oreal is (and always will be) my one and only HG, but I am constantly on the prowl for a new lengthening mascara. I will love one and then, as soon as it's lifespan is up, another one will come along and bump it off it's pedestal. Though Benefit Bad Gal will always be one in my lengthening rotation, I got this mascara in my free gift and must admit that I am quite impressed. Like Leslieal, I do agree that it reminds me a lot of Voluminous and I can also see how some of the reviews would describe it as "wet". It IS but I LOVE it!! After I put on my Voluminous, I use this just on the tips, concentrating on the outer corner for the flirty, doe-eyed effect!! Great stuff and this I actually WILL purchase when the sample runs out.