January 29, 2015 | 1064 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2009 3:12:00 AM More reviews by kkat989

The MA could not find a color match for me in this foundation but she gave me a sample of something a little darker and another one that was a little lighter. Each sample lasted me about a month's worth (i don't use that much foundation!). I'm not sure i'm a fan, i end up hating the foundations that aren't my shade because i get so frustrated and irritated at companies who are unwilling to make shades for women of different ethnicities. But putting that aside, the formulation of this foundation was thick, full coverage and blended well. I liked this foundation for these reasons despite the issues i had with my shade. However, the formulation did not suit my oily skin and made me oily in about 3 hours just like studio fix fluid does. I do use a primer and set with a mattifying powder and usually i never have to retouch because i found a very good foundation (mufe primer and foundation) for myself. Most of all, the one thing that turned me off about this foundation is the fact that it broke me out in a million different places and the packing is crap. Its like studio fix fluid without the pump (if you buy one). I'm so glad i got a sample and did not buy this product. Will never purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by speedbumpmeatpuppet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must be the Anti-MUA because almost every single product I use is the total opposite of MUA's reviews. Weeeird. Anyway, I HATED this foundation. Firstly, my face basically ATE the foundation. Seriously! I don't touch my face, but after 6 hours, it would be blotchy and/or completely GONE from my forehead and chin/jawline. Secondly, it wouldn't last for anything. I tried applying with a regular foundation brush, skunk brush, my fingers, and even a sponge; nothing made this stuff last on my skin, and it barely covered anything (some redness and acne scars) unless I piled on (y hullo thar cakey mess). It's not my technique- I can get other foundations to work beautifully. Thirdly, I could not keep a matte face to save my life- I even tried one day with heavy-duty primer and super-mattening powder, but it was still Oil Slick City after only 4 hours. I tried so hard to make this work for a week before returning it. Maybe I got a bad bottle? Other than that, it just makes no sense. Oh, and the colors are too dark for me (yes, I am srsly Casper white), but I'm used to it.
The one good thing I can say about DW is that it didn't make me break out, and I have VERY acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by donna4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this stuff been wearing it for years and it's perfect for my pale acne prone skin I was wearing this in shell the lightest shade since they told me at the counter it was the best color but it is a little pink and I already have redness in my skin so I switched to bone with has a little more yellow in it and it is perfect to counteract the redness in my skin it has great staying power and covers everything. It's pricey but lasts a long time. Will keep buying.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:32:00 AM More reviews by KariRocksOut

After they stopped making my color in Equalizer (also Estee) I tried using this, but just could not find a color that was white enough. I don't have a lot of yellow or a lot of pink to my skin, it's somewhere perfectly in between.

I wanted to love this but it wasn't meant to be, only because I can't find a color match! I ended up going to Bobbi Brown, where I use the lightest color they have; Alabaster. Yes kids, I am a vampire.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Diorboi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

at first i had faith in this product, but when I took it to a photo shoot in failed me. The prints looked so bad that I had to re-touch the model with bronzer, double wear = double scare!!! the model looked like a zombie under the bright lights.. once again estee lauder is Estee lousy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great foundation IMHO. It really covers EVERYTHING and will stick to your face no matter what. In the winter I use the lightwear formula, because it feels better on my skin, but in the summer it's always the original. I can sweat, swim, walk in the sun, whatever I want to do, and my make up will still look great after hours. Only shame is that they have so little shades and I HATE the packaging, but I have depotted it and put it in one of my old moisturejars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite liquid foundations and I have been using it for years. It has a very good coverage and stays on for the entire day as the name suggests. Although it has high coverage, it does not cake up on the skin or dry it out. You are not really meant to use foundation for under-eye area, especially if it is for combination skin types as this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by pinkblushxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this very drying on my skin especially under my eyes, accentuating the fine lines.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Lynstar05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hated this foundation so much. I looks like your wearing a mask and does not look natural. Its very heavy and thick no matter how little i used, so hard to blend because its so thick and dries instantly. It made me break out really bad too! Hate it..i prefer a natural look, i took off a lippie for the bottle, the cakey look and for breaking me out. But if your looking for heavy coverage that wont break you out i can see how this could work

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by kireizillah

This is the closest I've gotten to an HG! Close, but still not quite.

Pros: Excellent full coverage (makes skin as close to flawless as it's gonna get) and lasts all day (16+ hours!), good shade selection, mattifying, doesn't get shiny through the day, doesn't oxidize, doesn't break me out. Also, it covers so well I don't need concealer even for the dark circles under my eyes! Great for girls who have a lot to hide.

Cons: Can feel sticky and drying. You need a light hand to apply it or it looks mask-like. You also need to wash your face twice for it to come off - this stuff really doesn't budge! It's not perfect for us "no makeup look" gals. Also -- it magnifies pores like nobodies business! But use it with a good primer like Clinique Instant Pore Minimizer and it's no problem.

In the end: I'll keep looking for my perfect, natural, full coverage foundation. But this is what I'll use in the meantime!

(PS: If you dab a little on your eyelids it makes THE BEST no-slip primer. Even my cream and liquid shadows stay put all day. No creasing!)