Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

This is my HG winter foundation. First, I am very fair, almost copy paper white, and it is hard to find a shade that is light enough let alone doesn't turn pink or yellow on me. My skin gets really flakey and dry this time of year, partially due to my acne medications. Unlike every other foundation I've tried, this foundation does not accentuate my flakiness, rather smooths every thing over and looks absolutely flawless. The texture leaves my skin looking and feeling soft and creamy which I love and it's oil free! Every other oil free foundation makes my skin look matte and just dry.
Coverage, coverage, coverage! I have substantial acne scars that show up effortlessly on my paper thin, white face. They are really hard to cover, but with Double Wear it's almost effortless. I can even use this under my eyes and it covers up everything there too!
Of course this foundation is a bit thick, so during the summer when my skin isn't as prone to as many complications and gets a bit of color despite my 50 spf, Double Wear hibernates peacefully in my vanity.

on 2/6/2009 11:43:00 AM

Amazing coverage and lasting power with this foundation, the best i've used, however, you need to be careful when applying it. You need to moisturise very well before hand or it can tend to get a bit cakey. Great for a polished look or for special events. Wouldn't recommend it if you want a natural look by any means. Just for reference, i've also worn Revlon colorstay in 'buff', DW in 'sand' is very similar, but i prefer this one slightly more. (Well, i should for the price, eh?) ;)

on 2/6/2009 4:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been in an on/off relationship with this foundation for more than 10 years. I always come back to it. And now I'm back for good. After trying out almost every other foundation on the market, I just find this to be the best. Applied with the MAC 109 brush it gives me an a thin and even finish that lasts all day. It's as good as it gets.

on 2/6/2009 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The MA could not find a color match for me in this foundation but she gave me a sample of something a little darker and another one that was a little lighter. Each sample lasted me about a month's worth (i don't use that much foundation!). I'm not sure i'm a fan, i end up hating the foundations that aren't my shade because i get so frustrated and irritated at companies who are unwilling to make shades for women of different ethnicities. But putting that aside, the formulation of this foundation was thick, full coverage and blended well. I liked this foundation for these reasons despite the issues i had with my shade. However, the formulation did not suit my oily skin and made me oily in about 3 hours just like studio fix fluid does. I do use a primer and set with a mattifying powder and usually i never have to retouch because i found a very good foundation (mufe primer and foundation) for myself. Most of all, the one thing that turned me off about this foundation is the fact that it broke me out in a million different places and the packing is crap. Its like studio fix fluid without the pump (if you buy one). I'm so glad i got a sample and did not buy this product. Will never purchase.

I must be the Anti-MUA because almost every single product I use is the total opposite of MUA's reviews. Weeeird. Anyway, I HATED this foundation. Firstly, my face basically ATE the foundation. Seriously! I don't touch my face, but after 6 hours, it would be blotchy and/or completely GONE from my forehead and chin/jawline. Secondly, it wouldn't last for anything. I tried applying with a regular foundation brush, skunk brush, my fingers, and even a sponge; nothing made this stuff last on my skin, and it barely covered anything (some redness and acne scars) unless I piled on (y hullo thar cakey mess). It's not my technique- I can get other foundations to work beautifully. Thirdly, I could not keep a matte face to save my life- I even tried one day with heavy-duty primer and super-mattening powder, but it was still Oil Slick City after only 4 hours. I tried so hard to make this work for a week before returning it. Maybe I got a bad bottle? Other than that, it just makes no sense. Oh, and the colors are too dark for me (yes, I am srsly Casper white), but I'm used to it.
The one good thing I can say about DW is that it didn't make me break out, and I have VERY acne-prone skin.

on 2/1/2009 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Love, love, love this stuff been wearing it for years and it's perfect for my pale acne prone skin I was wearing this in shell the lightest shade since they told me at the counter it was the best color but it is a little pink and I already have redness in my skin so I switched to bone with has a little more yellow in it and it is perfect to counteract the redness in my skin it has great staying power and covers everything. It's pricey but lasts a long time. Will keep buying.

After they stopped making my color in Equalizer (also Estee) I tried using this, but just could not find a color that was white enough. I don't have a lot of yellow or a lot of pink to my skin, it's somewhere perfectly in between.

I wanted to love this but it wasn't meant to be, only because I can't find a color match! I ended up going to Bobbi Brown, where I use the lightest color they have; Alabaster. Yes kids, I am a vampire.

on 2/1/2009 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

at first i had faith in this product, but when I took it to a photo shoot in failed me. The prints looked so bad that I had to re-touch the model with bronzer, double wear = double scare!!! the model looked like a zombie under the bright lights.. once again estee lauder is Estee lousy!

on 1/30/2009 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Great foundation IMHO. It really covers EVERYTHING and will stick to your face no matter what. In the winter I use the lightwear formula, because it feels better on my skin, but in the summer it's always the original. I can sweat, swim, walk in the sun, whatever I want to do, and my make up will still look great after hours. Only shame is that they have so little shades and I HATE the packaging, but I have depotted it and put it in one of my old moisturejars.

on 1/29/2009 2:07:00 PM

This is one of my favourite liquid foundations and I have been using it for years. It has a very good coverage and stays on for the entire day as the name suggests. Although it has high coverage, it does not cake up on the skin or dry it out. You are not really meant to use foundation for under-eye area, especially if it is for combination skin types as this one.