August 1, 2014 | 1336 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Ritochok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was excited to try this mascara because of all the great reviews but it really didn't work for me. I don't like the brush at all. The bristles are too short and too far apart and the end of the brush always gets too gloopy. The formula is drying and crumbled a lot under my eyes. I absolutely hate that and I hate this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by cpc1887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was just recommended this while in Sephora yesterday and so far, I love it! Very impressed with the unique brush, especially the bristly tip that allows for flaring at the edges and separating lashes.

Beware: as with most new mascaras, this one can be clumpy at first if you're not careful. I get the best results by lightly brushing against a tissue to remove too much excess before applying!

EDIT: After just a few weeks of using, I noticed that the product dries out quickly after several uses. I probably spend five or so minutes applying mascara, so this it's not worth it. Too bad because the effect is great until it dries out and makes your eyelashes a clumpy mess...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by roseycheeks21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

WOW this is such a fantastic mascara! i couldn't be more pleased! it sells for around 18 in the uk but is so totaly worth it. you only need about two coats and i didnt need to re-apply durring the day. it goes on smooth and doesn't crumbly or flake off during the day either. there are alot of long bristles so they really help to separate each lash. it has a rounded tip covered in more longer bristles. you can use this ball part vertically to give tremendeous curl and then finish off with using the rest of the wand, horizontally as normal to coat each lash from root to tip - adding volume and length. the consistancy is neither dry nor wet and quite soft and dries soft on the lashes - not hard or making them feel brittle and is so easy to remove. i have really long lashes naturally and i didnt think any mascara could possibly make them look any longer! ive lost count how many people asked me if i was wearing false lashes while actually just wearing this mascara! so it definatly lives up to it's name!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Farrahboo

I recently had a traumatic experience with my lashes. They were once long, thick and did not require much effort. Some stupid eyelash curler (by max factor, for which i shall definitely be writing a bad review) ripped off all my eye lashes! Now, I didn't want to resort to wearing false lashes everyday, as I simply do not have the time to be fussing around in the morning with a bit of lash glue and hair on a strip.

So anyway, the lovely lady at the beneFit counter convinced me to purchase BeneFit, They're Real mascara. This mascara does what is says on the tin. In just ONE coat, it gives you thick, long, glossy and fluttery looking lashes and bambi eyes! Your eyes will instantly look open, wide and all fluttery and flirty.

The brush adds to the benefits of the already amazing formula of the mascara. The brush can work in two ways. The end of the brush has the same structure as the loreal telescopic brush. This helps to curl, lengthen, separate and define your lashes. Really handy for bottom lashes too! and the actual wand held horizontally thickens, lengthens, volumises. Basically works its magic to help you achieve false looking lashes in just one coat.

Please, if you have not tried this mascara already, do give it a go! Best mascara I have ever tried, without a doubt.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by caligrl16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty amazing,although it does take some getting used to. First, my lash type is medium-long with decent volume. What I look for in a mascara is really black pigment, length volume, and staying power. This does all of those for me. It is pretty wet, and can get a bit clumpy so for best results I apply one coat, comb out, and keep building until I'm satisfied. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ashmonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the negative comments on this mascara.

The first time I used it.. I was blown away. I kept saying "oh my god" as my lashes got longer and longer. They literally looked fake.

I'm BIG on mascara... and although i'm sure there may be better out there... I have yet to find it.

I hate the SPIDER eyelash look. Where the lashes are long but in clumps.. and I don't find this mascara has that effect.

I do have to say that I haven't had that same "amazing" effect since the first time i used it... im not sure if i used it differently the first time... BUT I still would repurchase again. Gives my short lashes LOTS of length.

The packaging is cute.. and it's not too pricey.

Oh how I wish I could find my HG mascara .....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this the first few times I used it, but as another reviewer mentioned, it made my eyelashes so brittle that they were breaking and falling out. not okay with that. won't ever use this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I'll start off by admitting that I have good lashes. They are not super thick, but they tend to be long and they are healthy. I bought the Revlon Photoready mascara some weeks ago and I was tempted to buy this too just to compare them since the Revlon is the dupe. I never judge a mascara on the first try, but it helps if it impresses me. This is a more gel formula, and because of that it's ultra black. It can take longer to build length and volume vs. the Revlon. I feel like I'm going to debate and go back and forth with like and dislike for this mascara. If you apply a coat it's ok sometimes, but if you keep going and get crazy then it becomes a mess of sticky lashes. It can get wild before you know what happened. I've even seen lashes go in all sorts of directions. North, South, East, and West. That's never happened with other formulas for me, so beware. By the time you attempt to fix it, the gel formula has dried. It can be stiff an spidery. My false lashes are 100% hair and don't look like that. By the way, don't hesitate to return a mascara, because brands get feedback based on returns. Update: I kept thinking that this reminds me of something. I think it's a lot like Loreal Voluminous False Lashes in the way the end result looks.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by CLAiRE07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yikes, I had a terrible experience with this mascara. When first applied I only felt "meh" about it. I will admit that it was lengthening and non-clumpy; but it was also not very voluminizing or thickening at all.
After using it for about a week, I noticed that I had large areas of eyelashes that had reduced to short stubs. I'm pretty sure that the mascara made my lashes so brittle that they literally broke in half. Terrible. Needless to say, I returned it and will never re-purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by BonitaY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I usually use the Eyes To Kill by Giorgio Armani, but I tried this one because the salesgirl said it was amazing, and they didn't have Giorgio Armani.
I absolutely hated it and after a week I bought my usual mascara which is so much better.
This one has a very thin, running texture, which I personally don't like because when it dries up it looks flaky.
If you have a lot of lashes you have to be real careful when you put this one on because it really sticks them together. Some people like that, but I think it looks awful. It is so hard to build up, and one layer doesn't color them evenly at all. I was so disappointed because usually BeneFit is not a bad label.
I guess the only positive thing is the packaging. It is quite heavy, and I like that, but the design makes it look real cheap.
I would definitely not buy They're Real again, it's the worst mascara I ever tried.