December 21, 2014 | 1856 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by cheriebeary73

I have been researching tons and buying several kinds of mascara trying to find that HG one. So for in drugstore brands, to me L'oreal takes the prize for best. But, I still wanted a nicer quality one, and narrowed down to Benefit or Buxom. Went to Ulta, and since they no longer sell Buxom (Sephora exclusive now), I bought this one. Got the deal with 2 that is same price for one! Let me tell you, I LOVE this mascara. This mascara made my lashes look better then ever. I only put on one coat. I was a bit worried when it was time to wash my face and take off for night. I had zero problems taking off this mascara. I even got my eye makeup remover all ready, and didn't really need it! Mine came off with my L'oreal youth code cleanser. I am wondering if it's because I coated my lashes with Lancome Cils Booster XL before applying the mascara? One thing to mention too, is this mascara passed the onion test.(lol) I was cutting onions, and I am super sensitive to them and my eyes were burning and tearing bad, I had to keep blotting my eye with tissue to point I thought I was going to see racoon eyes, but there was nothing! This mascara is definatley a keeper for my makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by HaulOfFame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This has been my HG mascara for a while now. While the price leans more towards the middle/high point, I do seem to get a solid two months out of this before it begins to dry out. This mascara gives me both fantastic length and volume, and it's a super rich black. I adore the brush as it lets me get all of the smaller lashes in the inner corners of my eyes. I don't get flakes, it doesn't smudge (oily eyelids here) and it is easy to remove. I find that I get fantastic results with just one coat as well. I keep trying other mascaras but always come back to this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This isn't a bad mascara, but it is most definitely overhyped. It's very black, has a slightly more wet formula, and a rubber brush with spikes that continue onto the end of the wand. It gives good length and not much volume, and I find that it doesn't smudge, even when I use it on the lower lashes- unless it's particularly hot and humid out. One of the most annoying things about this mascara is how freakin hard it is to take it off at night! You really need to rub and rub with makeup remover, and I go through quite a few cotton balls in the process. So annoying, particularly because I have used plenty of mascaras over time that don't smudge but aren't quite as stubborn to remove.

Overall- I will use it till it's finished, but definitely won't repurchase. It's not a must have by any means.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by PrincessGizmo

I was really excited to try this, but was very disappointed when I actually bought it. I returned it a couple days after trying it. The formula does stay very long and seems to have great wear time and does not smudge, but this product just made my lashes extremely heavy and weighted down. I tried different application techniques, yet it was always the same result after it dried. I think it is definitely the formula that did this and I have never had a mascara do this to my eyelashes. I just could not deal with them being weighted down. If that would not bother you this mascara is awesome, the results are very big and long lashes and it lasts all day long, no smudging. I just could not get over how badly it weighed my lashes down. It was very uncomfortable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Wendcoff

Best mascara EVER. I have somewhat oily skin and get racoon eyes halfway through the day even if wearing only mascara (even waterproof). I was using the maybelline falsies until I found this. This mascara looks perfect until I take it off, and doesn't clump the way the maybelling falsies does. LOVE IT. Cant believe what a low rating it gets on this site...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by BombBeauty

I love this Mascara. It defines my lashes and curls them without the need for my eyelash curlers, using them just makes it even better but it doesn't need the help! The rubber bristeled brush works effectively to coat each lash and seperate them without clumping whilst making them look so much longer. The only problem you might get is that after a while your Mascara wand may accumulate a bit of product which can cause some flaking when you apply so clean it every so often.

The price can be off putting to some people but I think it's worth it considering how good it really is. You will notice the effects straight away.

The silver tube is cute too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

This mascara is completely overhyped. I'm obsessed with mascara and have tried most high end and low end ones and this is one of the worst. It does give length but it clumps my lashes and makes them feel very stiff. It's a pain to get off and results in me losing some lashes in the process and it does not give any volume whatsoever!! My favourite one atm is eyes to kill by Giorgio Armani. It's everything I was hoping this would be :(. When I run out I'm afraid I will not repurchase. I often think Benefit relies on gimmicks and claims to hype products up and they mostly don't deliver-for me personally. I think in the past I've paid for the marketing rather than for the quality of the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by wandawoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this mascara...but everything about it was awful. I have thick eyelashes and the barely there plastic bumps on the wand couldn't get enough actual mascara on my lashes. It couldn't thicken or lengthen them and that's the point of mascara, right? When I tried to brush on more than one coat, the product had already hardened on my lashes and was starting to flake off. I'm sticking with Lancome.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, I like this mascara. It applies nicely, makes my lashes look good, and doesn't flake (one of my biggest mascara pet peeves). Also, the tube just looks pretty. The one downside is that, in combination with my under eye concealer, it smudges. Clearly not the mascara's fault, exactly, because it doesn't smudge when I don't wear concealer (how and why the two interact to make it smudge I couldn't tell you), but I'm really devoted to my under eye concealer so I think I'll keep searching for a mascara that's more compatible with it. But really, this is my own idiosyncratic issue--I would certainly recommend the product to other people.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Chapswife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara, the wand and formula are perfect for making very dramatic lashes. The tip (its in a ball shape) gets all the little lashes and does such a great job of making wings out of the outer lashes! i purchased a small version and fell in love, had to go back and get the larger version. I am a mascara junkie and so far this is my favorite!