August 30, 2014 | 1803 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by tommysaunt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I've often been disappointed by Benefit products in the past I think I've finally found my HG mascara! I actually had more than one person ask me if I had applied false lashes, that's how dramatic the difference is! I had no issues with smearing clumping or flaking and they looked as good 12 hours after I applied as they did the moment I first applied it. Believe the hype! I will absolutely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

"Don't waste your money." That's the nicest thing I can say about this mascara. It is an overpriced, over-hyped, ordinary mascara; that performs no better than a more, reasonably-priced, drugstore brand of mascara. Personally, I prefer L'Oreal Telescopic Clean Definition or Maybelline Lash Stiletto over this one by BeneFit. The brush on They're Real is large, bulky & awkward, and it delivers more clumps than it does volume or length. Very disappointing for the price. I'd never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by havear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product after having my eyelash extensions removed after having them filled for almost nine months. Needless to say, I was very nervous having them removed and wasn't sure what my lashes were going to look like.

I am using this product overtop the DiorShow lash primer (Maximizer Lash Plumping). I could not be happier. This duo makes my lashes look amazing ... helps to fill the gap between my old incredibly long and thick extensions because these two make my natural lashes look almost over the top. Perfect.

I like over-the-top lashes even though the rest of my makeup is minimal.

Btw, I have tried almost every premium mascara out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by FionaB16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first tried this product I fell in love! I already have quiet long eyelashes and this just made them look even longer, the brush is great and it really does get people asking "are they real?"
However, after a few weeks I realised it started to become quite dry & then the de-clumper broke meaning the brush was now completely covered in mascara! I thought it must have been a one off thing but the exact same thing happened again the next time I bought the product. This was quite disappointing considering it costs nearly 20.
However, apart from that & the price it is a really good product, I would recommend it if you want a really dramatic look and don't mind spending that little bit extra.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by AliBr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After some practice it worked ok, it does give lashes a false effect, lots of compliments but not my HG, I still prefer Laura Mercier ( easier to apply).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by CheekyBo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought the mini version at sephora couple weeks ago. Eh, it is okay. I still like Falsies and lashblast better. It does keep my straight lashes curled though, but it is def nothing special. I find that it does lengthen but doesn't give that much volume. Since I got the mini one, it is a bit harder to apply since the brush is kind of big. I find that it doesn't smudge throughout the day either. All in all, I wouldn't buy this again. OVERHYPED

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by xelodiexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

at first i love it , but finnaly i hate this mascara . I bought the '' mini '' one just to try it , and its so expensive and it do nithing ''amazing'' on my lashes . If your lashes are hard to work with i don't recommend this one . I think it a good mascara for person who already have long lashes . I will not buy this product again and i don't recomend it . xx

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by pinkmaclove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara, however I don't find it super buildable. What I mean is that if you run the wand through your eyelashes more than 4 times, you get cakey, clumped lashes, and I don't mean the nice kind of clumping either. However, if you run it through less than 4 times you have nice fluffy looking lashes. So the lesson here is don't over do it. I am going to try something else after this tube is finished but it's not a bad mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased a trial size of this at Sephora and tried it on one eye while using Maybelline's Falsies on another. The difference was amazing. They're Real lengthened & thickened my lashes while Falsies made them look limp and clumpy. My lashes are short and sparse so I'm always looking for the right mascara. I really liked this and it didn't irritate my sensitive eyes either. It dried out too fast though, although it was a trial size for $10 so it's possible I just used it up quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by gingerwinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this so much i even bought it for a friend! gives lashes the false effect, but not as much as i had anticipated.. or so i thought! new to eye lash curling it works fabulously with this product! for the results i wouldn't desbribe it as expensive, excellent product all round