November 26, 2014 | 1700 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by AnahitaC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous, gorgeous mascara! It separates and lengthens wonderfully. I hated the Benefit BadGal mascara, but this one is amazing. I just wish it wasn't so expensive!!! The brush is really nice and the formula is lovely, does not clump. The only bad thing is that I do find it smudges a bit on the lower lash line throughout the day, but it's a really good mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ellie702

Best mascara Ive ever had! Even beats my old Dior show mascara. love it!! No flakiness really adds pop to my lashes Now here's the downside... for me it's a bit messy on application aside from that no complaints here

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by ilovestuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried so many different lengthening and volumizing eyelashes because I have very scant, light blond and short eyelashes. I figured I'd give this a try when I saw it in the "impulse buy" spot at Ulta. Now, I have a hard time paying $23 for a mascara at all, let alone one I'm not sure would be for me, but the fact that it came with a bonus mini, seemed like a good deal.

Down to business:

Pros: I LOVE the way my lashes look with this product on! LOVE! They look longer, especially if I touch up some of the outside areas with a little stroke up to stretch some of them even more. The packaging is durable, almost metal maybe? I like that the way things get banged around in my makeup bag sometimes. In general, this IS the best Benefit Mascara I've ever tried. I never understood the big deal over Bad Gal lash as it always clumped on me and didn't do good things for me.

Cons: The brush has an odd shape and is very stiff. This is good for having control when you're being very precise, but trust me when I say that the end is *very* sharp and hurts more than other brushes when you poke yourself with it. I often use makeup remover wipes before I wash my face and this mascara does NOT want to come off with my wipes. Just when I think I got it all, I wake up looking a bit like a raccoon. It's probably the price I will pay to have staying power during the day, but I like removal to be a little easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Cl3ry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am totally IN LOVE with this product! My natural lashes are long and quite thick but this mascara always make them even longer and give 'cat-look'. It is wet when you start use it but the formula is great. And it is really black. LOVE! I would buy it again. But... the only minus is price of this product especially in Czech Republic :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Laski

If you want really long lashes, thats the right mascara to use! It really lengthens a lot, a friend of mine even commented on it. What it doesnt do for me: volumise my lashes, which is a bit of a pity. Also, in some lighting, I have the feeling like the color is not as deep as Id like it to be, it seems a tiny little bit greyish sometimes. But still, Im satisfied with the look it gives, and it also lasts without flaking, the whole day. Good product. If I could, I would give 3,5 lippies. EDIT: After using it for a while now, I find it really frustratingly hard to remove. My two step cleansing approach with MAC Cleansing oil followed by a foaming cleanser doesnt get rid of even half the product, Im left with extreme panda-eyes if I dont additionally use an eye-makeup-remover. I find that really a bit too much effort. Also, sometimes it makes my lashes look a bit spidery. So, I change my opinion about a re-buy to no.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by TitaniumRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Best mascara I've tried so far (sorry The Falsies!) ! Separates my lashes perfectly, defines, lengthens & thickens! I have naturally curly lashes, so that's not a problem either. It's pretty expensive though. The only reason I bought it was because my dad decided to be generous and let me spend $300.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by gtorres2586

Okay I was so excited when I bought this mascara. The lady at the sephora counter was raving about it so I said what the hell. Frankly, it totally sucks. The brush is good, but somewhoe it fails and I blame that on the ingredients. Something in there is just awful. It clumps your eyelashes and it really does take forever to take off. You wake up with black eyes. Does nothing for volume so I don't recommend. However, on some of my friends it gave them a natural look...lol. I don't like natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by porkiepine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

By far the best mascara I've ever tried. it doesn't clump, or flake. it does give volume and length to my short and sparse Asian lashes. it stays on til the end of the day. Ive read some people have problems taking it off, I use Neutrogena eye makeup remover lotion and it comes off pretty good.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had really high hopes for this mascara and was sadly a little let down by the performance. The packaging is lovely but the price is a little steep. I like the brush- I find it separates the lashes nicely and the consistency of the formula isn't too wet. However, it didn't give any added volume that a drugstore brand mascara couldn't give me and it also didn't hold much of a curl, my lashes were drooping shortly after application. Nice mascara, but for the price I can find something similar (and cheaper) at the drugstore.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by cahall2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This one just didn't work for me. I have quite long lashes, but they are fine and blond, so I have to have mascara or my eyes just disappear. This mascara caused the worst spider lashes I have ever had. It didn't matter how many ways I tried applying it - thin coats, combing through thoroughly after, etc. etc. I shouldn't have to work this hard with a mascara that costs this much, when I have DS brands that apply like a dream for 1/3 the cost. Maybe this would work if you were going for a look with full-on, messy spidery lashes (like Courtney Love during the Hole days) but otherwise, no.