October 25, 2014 | 969 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this...and it really does have its attributes.

For reference, my skin is approximately NW5-10; NARS Siberia is probably the best match, shade wise. Fit Me 110 (Porcelain) is definitely light enough, which is a plus; most foundations are too dark for me, even in the lightest formulation. Fit Me 110 is lighter than the MUFE HD 110, and less pink, but perhaps not as yellow as Siberia. I tried 115 (Ivory), too, and the difference between 110 and 115 is pretty drastic. 115 is a great deal more peachy pink, and 110 seems more neutral, even slightly yellow. It leaves decent coverage -- I thought it would be sheer, but it's surprisingly medium-range.

What I could not get over was the scent: I don't mind a bit of fragrance in my foundation, but I found this one to be overly perfumey -- a soapy, powdery smell -- which was a surprise, because the bottle looks so minimalist (and the line is marketed as such). I thought it might fade, but no luck -- it lingered on my skin. If you aren't bothered by the scent, you may really like this, though -- all in all, it's really a decent foundation for the price.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by MikiKaneohe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I have to say that I really like this foundation. I have very oily skin and plenty of imperfections, and the coverage from this is pretty good. I really like the soft flower scent too. The color choice for my olive-y skin tone isnt terribly great, but I can mix shades to get a good match. I dont mind doing this because I can buy 3 of these foundations for less money than 1 bottle of any of my other foundations from Bobbi Brown, MUFE and Korres.
I dont get really greasy from this either. My skin is so oily that even MUFE Mat Velvet doesnt hold it at bay very much, but this stuff doesnt make my situation worse.
Also, I feel like when I first put this on, my skin looks like it has makeup on it, and then 5 minutes later my skin looks really nice and natural and smoother and somehow perfected. Its as if it takes a few minutes to adjust to your skin and actually "fit" your complexion. I use my SIgma flat top synthetic kabuki brush to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by theaccidentalbeauty

Grr, I really, really wanted to love this! I was so sure this was my miracle foundation, and I was so sure I had found the one. Especially being as cheap as this is, I was even more hopeful. When I applied this the very first time, it was easy to blend, provided medium coverage and dried to a semi-matte natural finish. So far, so good. I went to the movies, so about 2-3 hours had elapsed by the time I got home. When I got home and looked in the mirror, my skin looked glowy and dewy, instead of oily. The foundation had settled into the fine lines around my mouth, but only slightly. So that was day one. On the second day, I woke up and did the same routine. But, this time I was out for around 6-7 hours before getting back home to get a good look. And, it definitely wasn't a good look.. more like a bad look. I was an orange mess, feeling like I belonged on the Jersey Shore. The foundation had oxidized on me and it was so much easier to see during the day, than it may have been the night before. If foundation oxidizes easily on you, this may not be worth it. Only give it a try if you've got a fantastic primer, probably silicone-based. Anyway, this wasnt even the worst part. I finally removed my makeup to be greeted by a red, irritated, burning, itchy rash on my forehead, the sides of my nose and chin. My skin really isn't even that sensitive. I am now left recovering from my irritation with extremely dry (oh, but still oily!) and extreme peeling of skin around my mouth. Sadly, this is not being repurchased, ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by crazyhearts6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is one of my favourite drugstore foundations, only because Revlon Colorstays colour selection is horrible (i.e. much too pink). This foundation is almost my correct colour, which I can live with. I have pretty dry skin on a normal basis and I really like this foundation on my skin. It feels light and natural, but gives mild coverage which I love. I think this could be comparable to Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer because even though I've never used it, I feel like this is a tinted moisturizer with coverage, which many people have said about Laura Mericier's product. Even though it blends nicely and looks natural this foundation isn't particularly long wearing so I would recommend powdering your face! Now I am curious to try the concealer and blush...:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by A7XSYNdrome

Fit Me is an amazing foundation! Probably, my favorite to date. I'm only 16 years old and have no acne with the exception of a random zit every so often, needless to say I don't need a lot of coverage. Fit Me is great for just that. The coverage is very minimal, but not too minimal that it's not worth it. And when set with powder, I use Complexion Perfection from ELF, it's flawless!! Must I add that this foundation, unlike a lot of my previous is not messy or cakey or anything. Very fluid. Applies with a brush or just your fingers. Absolutely going to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Silbermondlicht0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very very pale skin, sometimes even translucent light makes my skin look a bit too tan for the rest of my body so I decided to go with a sort of "custom" color. I also have combination skin, as my skin can get very very dry but it can also get very, very oily. My first reaction to this product before opening the bottle was that it from the exterior, it fit my skin pretty well but of course I wasn't going to go strictly by that so I bought it. Upon trying it my first time I realized that it had a very "mousy" type of feel (if that is even a word). My first try was a great success. Everyone commented on how smooth my skin looked. I have mild hyper pigmentation left from acne scars so I am constantly on the hunt for something that will help cover them up. My second attempt of trying this product was somewhat of a failure and I'm not sure if it was through consumer error or the product. My skin after awhile started feeling greasy, it was shiny and overall gross looking. So I counteracted this with a blotting sheet. I would recommend that you do not put moisturizer on before this, as I believe this is what caused my skin to be so oily. I also broke out along my jaw line in little pimples. I probably won't be buying this product again, even though it made my skin (at first) look perfect.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by prettylilgurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

When i first bought it I was excited to try it out, but it does have its pros and cons.
The good thing that i like about it is that it looks natural on your skin, it doesn't seem like your wearing any foundation for a couple of hours. But the bad thing about it is that by the end of the day it makes your face all oily, and you have to blot the oil away and keep reapplying powder to take the shine away.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by MeaganW

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I've been looking for a good foundation that stays on your face and doesn't cause extreme oilyness. I've stayed away from the Fit Me Foundation because of the reviews (about how it made oily skin even worse) were so bad. But, ever since I saw the commercial for it, I wanted to try it. I was very pleased with the color match samples and was able to find the right shade, plus I love how it tells you which concealer to use with it. I usually like heavier coverage to cover the blotches and blemishes on my face. But . . . I went ahead and got it anyways. So I get home and apply it to my face with my spong - and I used a primer - and I loved how easily it blended. The under eye cover really did a great job with covering my extremely dark circles. I also loved how this foundation set to my face and brought a heathy and sun-kissed glow to my face. It's very nice and soft feeling but not sticky. I have extremely oily skin so I've been expecting the worst, but it has been on for about two hours and there is like no oil on my face. I'm sixteen so I guess that's why my face is soooo slick. But I'm going to wear this foundation to school tomorrow and see how it does. So far I love it! This foundation and under eye concealer match wonderfully and my face looks flawless!
UPDATE!!!!
Well I wore this to school today. In every light my skin looked amazing and felt really great! But I can see why this product is NOT GOOD for oily skin. It really didn't make me produce oil it just started to "look" pretty oily. But see I really really like it even though it has the oil problem. But to be honest its no different from most of the other makeups I've tried when it comes to the oilyness. Foundations in the past that claimed to take away the shine actually just pooled up and left orange streaks. And trust me, I've tried about every single foundation out there! So I'm going to keep the Fit Me because I love how weel it matches. I just blot my face every hour and a half or so, reapply a little more foundation, and put on the powder. I'm so used to this routine as I've had to do it with all the others. So it only takes two minutes max. I will definitely buy this product again!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the maybelline fit me 315 and I'm an NC42 for reference. The color matching was ok, I guess I have really strong yellow undertones that's why it's hard to find a dupe for my NC42. The main problem I had with this though was that it gave me an oily feeling the rest of the day. Also, it felt really heavy and I don't even usually put a lot of product since I dont really need a lot of coverage. I mean, I guess I can;t complain for the price I bought it for. But, it just really gave me a sticky feeling the whole day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

fit me is a liquid foundation that i have in 235.for spring and summer perfect color! For the winter and autumn i pale it down with 120 in fit me,and it's the perfect color for me!. Fit me unify my skin tone for my olive skin tone.i use it with a bronzer as well .will probably add from this line:the concealer, the blush,the bronzer,the powder! Liquid ,blends really well,doesn't show that much that i've got something on! It just unify my skintone and that's what i wanted!something natural,that doesn't look cakey!still can feel my skin,wich is amazing! I did put a light moisturizer after,cause i don't like to feel something to much on my face! But i'm sure without it ,it would had been fine...but, i love to put moisturizer so...i am verry glad of my purchase!will do review of the bronzer,powder and blush. Update: sometimes i need a little bit of yellow with my 235,so that's why i bought 220,that contains some neutral yellow color in it.love it!