July 22, 2014 | 2058 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by dainaleeo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation! I got it a few weeks ago, but I didn't want to review until I had tried it a few times. It's super soft when you apply it, very silky. Someone else on here reviewed it as being 'goof proof' when applying, & I agree. I accidentally put on WAY too much on my fingers, but I rubbed it on & you could not tell whatsoever that I had erm...caked it a bit that morning. I think this is the best I've had in terms of that, since even a few tinted moisturizers still left me cakey or dry :This stuff is great! My skin is dry, but not as much as some. I guess it's more combo than anything. Even with that it lasted really well. I actually wore it to the park, walking my dog with my friend, & I still looked great afterward. :)
As with a few Maybelline foundations, such as the dream mousse [the soft one, not the matte one], it left a bit slick feeling [which can be set with powder] but I think that it actually does break me out a small bit. Not huge pimples, just a few small bumps, the more annoying ones, but they aren't that bad nor really visible at all. I did take off a lippie for that, since I think it's all the silicones, but regardless I still really like this stuff :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by cupcake8585

this foundation is pretty light weight,i suffer from chin acne and it seems to cover it for a couple hours until it starts to fade other than that i will buy it again cause it feels so light

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by gaudyclaudy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am in my late 60's and have a few age spots. I found this to give very good coverage and seems to last all day on me. Of course, I have very dry skin so I wouldn't have the same problems as someone with oily skin. I imagine the true test will be in the summer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by dreamxsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've finally been able to find a foundation that isn't too pink for my yellow based nc30 skintone in the drugstore! Unfortunately, the shade i picked up, which is 220, is a bit dark for my skin at the moment. That's why I decided to go one shade lighter 210, however, i cannot tell the difference between these two shades at all. Did anyone else realize that 210 and 220 are almost the same shade?!
Anyway, this issue can be easily solved by applying a lighter setting powder on top so it's not a big problem for me.

Pros: no-makeup look, lightweight, good shade selection, dewy-looking, great for dry winter skin
Cons: weird flora scent, not long lasting on t-zone

Overall, it's a good foundation to use if you do not need much coverage and have dry/normal skin. It will not stay on your face for more than 3-4 hours if you have oily/combination skin. And I'm guessing that it would not be good for summer, when foundations can easily slip and melt off your face because of the heat. Personally, I find this foundation very good for my dry/combination skin during these winter months. Giving this a 4/5 for the amazing shade selection, packaging, spf, and comfortable wear.

If you are someone who prefers better coverage and staying power, I strongly recommend Revlon Colorstay or Almay TLC.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by rayjbady

LOVE this stuff. First generic brand that matches my skin!! I bought both the liquid and the powder, and I'm so excited about it!! I'm super pale, and my shade is 110 (porcelain).
It's a light coverage, as is advertised, but it's enough pigment to even things out just right. Pictures up soon :)

Edit: Does not match PERFECTLY, but is close. I've found Covergirl's lightest shade matches better. Both break me out a little bit, but that's probably because I'm not removing all of my makeup at the end of the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Nocturnefata

Let me preface this review: I've only worn this product once on my face and it was for 5 hours.

Now onto the review:

I got this foundation on sale at a local supermarket for $3.24. I had seen it before but not in the lightest color 110, it looked light enough for me and neutral leaning a touch yellow which would be good for neutralizing redness. I went home and put this on in a very sheer layer with my fingers on one half of my face. I had washed my face the night before and moisturized as usual but had forgotten to wash my face in the morning so my skin was oilier then normal. Not only did this foundation match my skin tone very well but it looked like I wasn't wearing anything on my face at all but compared to my other side, it was about 40% more even toned, redness reduction, and less pores. It only covered my dark circles and acne scars by about 20%. I had a small patch of flakes on my nose but you could not tell at all from about 2 feet away. I had to get on the sink counter and stick my face about 6 inches from the mirror to see them. With most foundations if I have any flakes you can see them from a mile away! It didn't oxidize and stayed on fine until I washed. It felt moisturizing but it actually mattified my skin slightly compared to the other side. The swatch on my hand which I forgot about lasted for about 16 hours! My hands are pretty dry though and since I was not feeling well and in bed, I hadn't washed my hands at all but they did get wet while washing my face the night before. I would assume this will last much better on dry skin then normal or oily skin.

As far as the texture and coverage I would say this would be like a cross between prescriptives virtual skin, ga luminous silk, and future skin.

The only cons I see to this foundation are the scent and lack of the pump. I have no idea if this will break me out or if I can apply it in a different method for a little more coverage for the acne scaring.

EDIT: After a few weeks of solid use this gave me a pretty big rash of under the skin cysts. TOO BAD! I loved it til then!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Julysbaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally found my color - 355 and it works well. I do have oily skin and my nose is the shiniest by a couple of hours, but it covers well imho. I use the pressed powder and I look like I have dewy clear skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

With all of the commercials and print ads, I was curious about this foundation. I got it in the color 120, which is a decent match for my NC20ish skintone.

PROS:
-wide range of colors;
-very blendable texture and did not give me breakouts;
-finish is like a "skin" finish, so it is somewhere between dewy and satin. (More about this in the Cons section);
-SPF18-even though I wear a lotion with separate sunblock, I like having that extra bit of protection;
-very reasonably priced (around $7USD) and fairly easy to find.
CONS:
-the screw-top bottle, as others have mentioned, is slightly messy and could use a pump;
-if you are super oily, you may find this doesn't last on you. For me, as I have very oily nose, I have to blot a couple of times during the day.
-as mentioned, the coverage is not super heavy, so if you need a lot of coverage, this may not be for you.
-the color 120 is oh-so-slightly too warm for me, but the 115 is too pink.

Overall, I am quite pleased with this, and would put it up there with L'Oreal True Match from a drugstore perspective. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

This is an okay foundation, but I wouldn't buy it again for the following reasons:

1) It only provides light coverage on first application. If you double up then it provides medium coverage. I haven't tried a third layer, but that would defeat the purpose of it being natural feeling foundation.
2) 4 hours after application, my face looks like I haven't worn any foundation at all. I work in a busy office setting and hate to retouch my makeup, let alone re-apply foundation.
3) No pump.

Fit Me does have features that make it a fair foundation for weekend use:

1) The dewy finish looks incredibly natural and healthy. I really like how it makes my skin look youthful and radiant as skin should. I wouldn't mind wearing this foundation on easy going days.
2) The shade 210 Sandy Beige sits well on my skin and is very easy to blend.

I would not repurchase this product because I think Maybelline Superstay lasts longer on the skin and provides better coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by brittanygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought the bottle was going to be bigger, but it's a cute size. I'm NC20 and got 120, matches pretty well. I like the feel of this, it's very light. I have some redness and acne and it doesn't cover up that much. I usually have to put the foundation on and go back over with concealer to make sure it's covered. I have dry skin, so it lasts all day with me. It looks very natural and the coverage is light-medium.