September 2, 2014 | 1088 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by ile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Bought them at the Walgreens Maybelline Event (one was 50% and the second was 40% off!, so I got both for less than $10!!!) I have very oily eyelids and usually liquid or cream eyeliners fade or smudge all over them, but not this!!! This dries really fast and has an amazing color payoff. I used on top of elf $1.00 primer and both work awesome together. LOVE LOVE LOVE these and will buy them again! A++++++

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness, i've never loved a grocery store product so much!!!
since using this amazing eyeliner i haven't touched my Benefit one!!! and i'm a benefit geek i must admit. this product lasts for hours and hours on my lids. i'm a college student who's constantly running to class in the humid Texas weather. it even survived my nap today, and i have eyes that always leak when i lie down. At one in the morning last night the stuff was still looking great!!!! I haven't tried the brush, i am in love with my Benefit Get Bent liner brush and i've been using that. the results are flawless, i have never loved an eyeliner more. i can get a dramatic bold look with the black and a more subtle look with the eggplant. I highly suggest this product to anyone, it's so affordable and it really does last.
So i decided to try the brush it came with and i've put my benefit liner brush aside. THIS IS A GREAT BRUSH!!! the product spplies so much smoother! the eggplant is very impressive when applied with this brush!. I posted the picture with the purple eye and the next one where it shows both of my eyes. The latter is with the eggplant liner and the other is with the black. I love this product and i cant get enough!

EDIT!: I think I was initially excited about cream eyeliner when i first posted this, I was used to using a cake liner and the stuff was terrible! I've since for urban decay's liquid liner and that is a much better product even if it is expensive. As far as creamliners go buy physicians formula! their trio set is way more affordable and the product is much better than the maybelline. this one kind of streaks and is not as creamy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in brown and I feel the brown is really pale, not a rich cholocate brown which is what I was hoping for. Its not as smooth and creamy as fluidlines from MAC but could be an acceptable substitute.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite liner, stays on nicely, doesnt clump, and goes on smoothly...
Edit-a little thicker and dryer than most gel liners, i mix some moisturizer into it and it helps a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by blueflamingo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in charcoal gray. The only gel eyeliner I have gotten to stay on my oily eye area is Bobbi Brown and Jane, and those only last for 4-5 hours. No luck with Maybelline. It lasted less then 2 hrs., smudging and smearing below my eyes. I really liked the color and consistency. Too bad it doesn't work for me. A little pricey for Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ScentedLead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Blackest Black and have had this for a week and so far so good. The pigmentation while not the most is still fairly heavy and it glides on very smooth. As for lasting power, I did swatches on my hand and it didn't come off with soap and water and lots of rubbing but did come off very easily with an oil-based makeup remover. It survives fine during foggy days but I think it might smudge on oily-skinned people.

The brush it comes with is fairly good quality, the bristles feel very soft yet are stiff enough to give you control. It's good for doing the look that you see on the packaging. However, I use cream/gel eyeliners for tightlining and for this, I prefer another small flat brush that I bought separately.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by chrissysmith

I love this site and have bought several products based on reviews. This was not one of them but I went in with a list to CVS filled with items to purchase based on this site. I have bought every eyeliner imaginable, ok not the super expensive ones, but tried the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner which pales in comparison to this. I have found my staple eyeliner. I love this product, it does not smear like all the others and I will DEFINITELY buy again. I love the Marilyn eye and this does it, give it a try.

Found something better, sorry for the change but always improving in this market, try the Maybelline unstoppable eyeliner instead, had much better results, the above gel did leave me having to wipe away the smears afterall, oh well..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Dark40rcehan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This, ladies, is indeed a HG eye liner for me. After struggling with various drugstore liners, and an Elizabeth Arden one, I have found the perfect eyeliner for me. It does not budge for hours and hours, and the black formula is a true black that will not fade on you. Even on the waterline, it lasts quite a long time. I had traipsed across Singapore in the hot humid weather wearing this eyeliner, and Bangkok as well! However, it is a little pricey as a drugstore item, at about RM 39.9 (USD 11.92) a pop, but there are offers, though. Of course, I know that MAC and Bobbi Brown lovers would not complain about the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Tlee

Re: The Drying Out problem -- before you close the lid, stick it under the faucet real quick and fill the well. A cover of water is definitely airtight, and it's simple enough to open and dump out before using it the next time.

I've done this with all my gel liners, and have never had a problem with any of them drying or crusting.

61 out of 71 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by starshar

This is my HG eyeliner! Finally found one that works on my oily lids! It doesn't smudge on me and it stays all day long. It is easy to remove with eye-makeup remover as well. I like that it's ultra-black as well, so that it really defines the lids. I am single-lided and this works really good. My sis and me each own a pot each!

The downside: When first opened, it is creamy and really easy to apply. However, after a few months later, it will turn drier. So you have to take note of this and close the cap really tight after use.