October 2, 2014 | 1436 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by xCM0SSx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gel eyeliner is the best eyeliner I have tried! The color is so strong. It doesn't smudge at all! It comes with a very handy brush. I am in love w/ this product & WILL repurchase again. I forgot to add, you can use this for your waterliner & it won't make you look like a Panda! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first gel liner that I have ever purchased and used, so I can't compare it to higher end products. However, I got it in 'blackest black' and after using it for the past few days, I am now wondering how I ever lived without gel liners?! This is simply amazing. The formula is very creamy and glides on smoothly. I no longer have to tug on my lids like I did with pencil liners, which means no wrinkles! The color is pretty intense, but can be built up more or less to your liking. The liner also stays put for hours (I was scared that it wouldn't), but I tested it out at work and when I checked up on it at the end of the night, it still looked good. I bought this for around $8-9 at Target and it also came with a fairly decent brush. Overall, this product is wonderful. Will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried BB, Smashbox, WnW, Jane, HIP, Physian's Formula so far and the first two gave me racoon eyes. This is a good gel liner but not HG for me. I got 2 colors: Charcoal and Eggplant.

First of all, the charcoal was very blueish. Did not look charcoal to me. I compared it to a blue metallic eyeliner and it's not quite blue but it's definitely blueish.

Second, the eggplant is misnamed. I compared it to Jane's gel liner in Wine and it looked pretty close. Jane's Wine is a metallic brownish WINE color. The Maybelline is smoother and more pigmented than the Jane which has a very dry consistancy (see the reviews here) but the Jane liner is only $6 compared to $10 for Maybelline.

Third, my jar looks nothing like the pics above. It's a clear jar with a black lid. Nice jar and the liner brush it comes with is useable.

Fourth, the gel is not as pigmented as it could be. Has to be swiped more than once to get the right amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by k1zuna

Just so you know, this product was released earlier in Japan last year and it has been the best selling eyeliner since then. This gel liner is simply amazing: it stays put for 8+ hours, not a scary intense black color, and the accompanying brush is great also.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by dkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not great stuff. Comes with a good liner brushm, but expensive for drugstore brand, and it smudges after 2 hours from my top lids to my lower lids and fades through the day. The black is very black at first, but not long lasting. Oh, well back to the drawing board.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 6:46:00 AM More reviews by cjadea

it's my fluidline substitute and it's 1/3 the price. color is not as intense....got it at longs drugs for $5. awesome brush. good deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by MarciaChia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have two Bobbi Brown gel liners, and honestly I've never understood the advantages of the gel liner until I bought this Maybelline product.

I have very oily eyelids, even with UDPP, almost no pencil liners(including UD 24/7) can stay put for me, so I normally prefer liquid liners. I am now a huge gel liner fan because of Maybelline eyestudio gel liner. The consistancy is perfect, it's more of a thicker paste-like gel than the BB's cream-like gel. It's much easier to use with any liner brush, and it's much more pigmented and much more smudge-proof than any other gel liner I've tried. I normally end up with liner transfer to my upper lids at the later part of the day with my BB gel liner, but not the Maybelline one.

I wear contacts and I can use this to do tight lining without any irritaion. Overall, this is how an eyeliner product should be, it does not irritate eyes, it's easy to use, it's very pigmented, it's water-proof, it's smudge-proof, it stays where you want it to be until you want to take it off easily with any makeup remover. (I use cleansing oil without any special eye makeup remover product.)

The packaging is great, the brush came with it I can live without, the product is more than perfect, and the price is good. I will definitely buy it more !

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by ile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Bought them at the Walgreens Maybelline Event (one was 50% and the second was 40% off!, so I got both for less than $10!!!) I have very oily eyelids and usually liquid or cream eyeliners fade or smudge all over them, but not this!!! This dries really fast and has an amazing color payoff. I used on top of elf $1.00 primer and both work awesome together. LOVE LOVE LOVE these and will buy them again! A++++++

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness, i've never loved a grocery store product so much!!!
since using this amazing eyeliner i haven't touched my Benefit one!!! and i'm a benefit geek i must admit. this product lasts for hours and hours on my lids. i'm a college student who's constantly running to class in the humid Texas weather. it even survived my nap today, and i have eyes that always leak when i lie down. At one in the morning last night the stuff was still looking great!!!! I haven't tried the brush, i am in love with my Benefit Get Bent liner brush and i've been using that. the results are flawless, i have never loved an eyeliner more. i can get a dramatic bold look with the black and a more subtle look with the eggplant. I highly suggest this product to anyone, it's so affordable and it really does last.
So i decided to try the brush it came with and i've put my benefit liner brush aside. THIS IS A GREAT BRUSH!!! the product spplies so much smoother! the eggplant is very impressive when applied with this brush!. I posted the picture with the purple eye and the next one where it shows both of my eyes. The latter is with the eggplant liner and the other is with the black. I love this product and i cant get enough!

EDIT!: I think I was initially excited about cream eyeliner when i first posted this, I was used to using a cake liner and the stuff was terrible! I've since for urban decay's liquid liner and that is a much better product even if it is expensive. As far as creamliners go buy physicians formula! their trio set is way more affordable and the product is much better than the maybelline. this one kind of streaks and is not as creamy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in brown and I feel the brown is really pale, not a rich cholocate brown which is what I was hoping for. Its not as smooth and creamy as fluidlines from MAC but could be an acceptable substitute.