October 22, 2014 | 2007 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

will not be repurchasing this. i have it in black and it is very average. color-wise it is a nice, flat black that applies very smoothly.

unfortunately, the lasting power sucks. by the end of the workday, the flip of my "cat eye" line is faded/gone. the line along my bottom lashes and waterline are also smudgy and faded.

surprisingly the thing i like most about it is the little brush it comes with, as usually i just trash those things. its tiny but has a nicely pointed, firm tip that is great for gel/creme liner application.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the look of liquid but they are sometimes too harsh and pencils can be too smudgy. this is the perfect balance of both. Everywhere I have gone the stores have been sold out so you know it must be something worth trying. I finally bought the one in charcoal and it's a beautiful smoky color. glides on great and the brush is actually decent. and it is indeed smudge proof and waterproof. Great product. I want to get it in all the colors now.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by GoingNatural86

I really like this. The lasting power is amazing... There are very few products that stay on my waterline and this is one of them. The brush is ok... I prefer a slanted brush for my gel liner applications. But overall I find myself grabbing for this over all of my other liners

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I was pretty excited to try this after I heard great things about it on the board. I bought it in Eggplant. However, I'm rather disappointed. Based on the picture on the packaging, I thought it was going to be shimmerless. But in fact, it's really rather sparkley and sheer. In order for it to be opaque, you really have to build it up- at least 3 layers. Also- it definitely budges, my WnW cream liners have better staying power. And the worst part- it stains! I swatched some for a picture and applied some to my lids, and I can't get either of them off. I've tried MU remover, cleansing oil, face wash, glycerin based soap and regular foaming softsoap. Nada. There's still a greyish tinge on my skin. If you're look for a shimmer gel liner- this is mediocre, but I'd never repurchase this again- esp not at full price.
Edit: 3 weeks later, I've only used it one more time. But the pot is already dry and chunky. Disgusting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

I love, love, love this! I bought it in black and I wanted to buy some of the other colors but my CVS was all sold out of every color but the black. I like this gel liner much better than my L'Oreal HIP cream liners; the HIP liners don't apply as smoothly as the Maybelline. The Maybelline gel liner is so smooth and soft, it's awesome! Also, usually the brush that comes with ANY makeup is total crap but the liner brush that Maybelline included with this liner is great, I really like it. I'm able to apply an extremely thin line with it or make it as big and thick as I want. I am totally planning on taking a trip to Ulta this weekend and buying the other colors (I hope they have them!). Plus, Ulta has all Maybelline eye products on sale right now; buy one get one 50% off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by pixiehottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought this the other day, have been wearing it everyday since then. I have eggplant, great color on my hazel eyes. I love the formula! Very soft and pigmented. In my opinion, this kicks the crap out of my smudge pot, SB liners, and a few others. For the price you just can't match it.

Color stays true all day, doesn't budge, and the brush that it comes with is pretty damn good. Makes a nice straight line, thick or thin.

I think I'll pick up the charcoal next, as I have way to many black potted liners at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this gel liner! I have this in black and brown. very long lasting. hopefully it will not dry up fast in the pot.

here's my detailed review and swatches:

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by la18la

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i never used to use eyeliner cause it was too harsh and i'm fair featured.. i bought the charcoal gray and and it defines my eyes beautifully without overpowering. it's buildable and richly pigmented.

it is so long lasting and doesn't smear (i have semi-oily lids).
i also cried for 2 hours and most of it stayed on.

i prefer this to l'oreal hip which i liked, but that smudged.

how did i live without eyeliner before this? i only use it on the top lid though cause i use a liquid for my bottom lash line

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by nova

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

had high hopes for this, from hearing others who liked this. I bought the blackest black, which wasn't as pigmented as it sounds, you would need to build on the color. It is a soft gel-like liner allowing for a very smooth, easy application. Because of this, it shouldn't dry out as easy as some of the other gel liners out on the market.

Since it is soft in texture, it allows me time to work with it more, before it dries, however, the softness of it, also means that it will transfer or move, if you have oily lids (I don't use eye primers), and/or under heat ...it is definitely not 24 hrs of wear as advertised.

I noticed some transfer (movement) fading about 5 hr after application and even more so after 8-10 hrs, but I have very oily lids and the heat was on. Also, I use this only on my upper lid, no where else.

So, the pros would be:
1)easy to apply because it is soft/smooth;
2)waterproof
3) won't dry up as fast as most gel liners
4) decent brush, flat tapered head, made to draw a wider line than I would like but can use the tip to draw a finer line

Cons:
1)color is diffused and needs to be build upon to achieve impact
2) it doesn't wear as long as it says, just too soft of a product, esp if you have oily lids, in a heated room, or under any condition that will soften the gel.

Overall, I prefer the WetNWild black gel liner over this because it is more long-wearing and draws a pitch black line without having to build on color. It is also so much cheaper than the maybelline one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

I bought the blackest black last summer and I was kind of skeptical about the product because I was so convinced that only Bobbi Brown makes the best gel eyeliner. At first, it was kind of average. It did not smudge horribly but it transferred slightly to my upper lid.

BUT THEN, I rediscovered it after putting it aside for a couple of months and it turned out to be a great liner! I think it's because I finally get the hang of it and it just lasts on perfectly for at least 12 hours. I have not tried it on my waterline yet but I think I will try. The brush that comes with it is very nice as well. Another great drugstore product.