April 21, 2014 | 1221 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by GlitterxGold

Best eyeshadow primer on the market! It's nice and creamy and doesn't dry your lids out. The packaging is simple and chic and doesn't obstruct you from getting 100% of your money's worth. Try it today and you will not be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In every aspect of this product, it is better than Urban Decay. The packaging is easier to access, the product is CREAMIER but won't crease. It does make eyeshadows stick to your eyelids better. You can BLEND your eyeshadow better, and lasts as long as U.D. Due to U.D.'s disrespectful way of not listening to their customers of packaging complaints with their Primer Potion. I will never buy their product again. I love Too Faced so much, it's my newest HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by lboogy

Amazing product. My eyemakeup stays on and looks fresh from 8AM to 9PM. I love shadow insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by MissAmbie

I love this primer, I prefer it to a mac paint b/c it's less heavy and to an UDPP b/c of its more user friendly and hygenic packaging. It always keeps my shadows from creasing and brings out their colours. Also, I find I don't use very much of it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kkonczyk

This stuff is amazing! I have really oily lids and without a primer, my eye shadow creases within a couple hours. But when I put shadow insurance on, my eye shadow lasts through a work out without creasing! It's been a life saver for me, better than any other primer I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 11:00:00 AM More reviews by thewomanwarrior

I like Too Faced Shadow Insurance a whole lot better than Urban Decay Primer Potion. Shadow Insurance comes in a tube so you'll get your money's worth of the product, unlike Urban Decay (The cute genie bottle robs you of the product content. You have to cut it open to get the rest of it out). Another reason why I prefer Too Faced over Urban Decay is that the consistency of the product is smoother; therefore, it's easier to blend it on your eyelids. This also makes blending eyeshadows easier. My eyeshadow stays creaseless for hours. Some people like Too Face Shadow Insurance more than Urban Decay Primer Potion...Some like Urban Decay more than Too Face. I suggest that you experiment and decide which one works best for you. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by manduhzsecret

This product makes my all my eyeshadow blend together at the end of the day. After I bought this i decided to try Macs paint pots and those are wayyy much better to use. I didn't want to waste the eyeshadow insurance so what I do is put that on first then the Mac paint pot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by nverno

This stuff works actually great. I was doubtful at first because I read the ingredients and it contains mineral oil, and usually mineral oil breaks up makeup (I use it to remove my eye makeup at night- it's in my eye makeup remover).

When I use shadow insurance, my oily eyelids do not crease at all, eye shadows are more true-to-color, the usually flaky shadows don't flake onto my cheeks, and my shadow stays on and in place all day until I remove it at night.

I prefer shadow insurance over Urban Decay's primer potion because it works just as good, but the packaging is better so you get more product out of it. Also, it blends much easier.

Shadow insurance is a great everyday eyeshadow primer. I've actually used it under my eyes by blending a little with my concealer to keep my eyeliner in place.

The only product I have ever used for eyeshadow primer that is stronger is SkinFlash by Dior (It's actually a concealer pen I think, but works awesomely as an eyeshadow primer). It is literally like deodorant for your eyelids. It's way more expensive in comparison ($30), but I save that for summer when I have to be out in the heat and special occasions. Shadow insurance ($17) does the job fine for me and you get a lot.

**Because Shadow insurance has mineral oil in it, it's sort of an emulsion, so the product may need to be mixed... If you think the product is starting to separate, just massage the tube for a few seconds prior to application and blend the product on your hand before applying it to your lid to warm it up and mix it, it will glide on smoothly and works perfectly.

This is worth it and I would buy it again for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by anshort4angel

I had been a devoted user of MAC's bare canvas and it worked for me; slight creasing and smudging but overall fairly succesful. However, I decided to search for something new when a MAC SA told me they're going to discontinue it soon.

I tried Urban Decays' Primer Potion and it was hopeless; my eyeshadow creased horribly and my liner smudges all over the place leaving me look like a racoon. (Yes i tried it using less, more, with and without eye cream - and every combination thereof - no difference).

I also tried Guerlain Protective Base for the Eyelids and that was miserable; my eyeshadow creased like NO OTHER.. i never knew my shadow could even crease/smudge THAT bad...

When I returned to Sephora to return those products the SA suggested I try Too Faced. A bit skeptical since it was a Sephora SA that highly suggested Guerlain's, I was not going for it. She was very persistant and insisted ...so I gave in.

**I'm glad I did!**

Although I still get very slight creases (I think it's just the way my lids are shaped) it's nothing noticable. My eyeshadow goes extremely smooth and I definitely use less for the same affect as before. If anything, it actually makes my eye shadow easier to blend! It stays on all day and just as vibrant. What I love most? I dab a teeny bit on my lower lash line and my bottom liner (whether i use actual liner or shadow like MAC's carbon) stays on SMUDGE FREE all day!! It's a miracle. I've always had to retouch my bottom liner or check for racoon eyes - with this? NOT A SINGLE WORRY! I don't even check it anymore and when I get home from an 8 hour work day or even a long night of partying/clubbing, no smudges no smears. Even better? The packaging. I absolutely love that it's in a sanitary squeeze bottle type container - no stupid wand like UDPP, and no having to cut the bottle apart to get the product out (WTF?). No unsanitary pot like Guerlains... its sanitary and simple!

Thank you TOO FACED!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

all I have to say is that this is way better than UDPP( and i thought that was amazing until I tried this!)
It is smooth unlike UDPP which is dry and hard to work with.
A little also goes a long way.
I also like the packaging more than UDPP...no silly applicators or tubes that keep half the product hidden in them!