November 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by emwo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

So many people have already written reviews on this product so i guess the most helpful thing i can say is that i like this more than Urban Decay Primer Potion. I had to cut open my UDPP to get all of it out and then it dried out (probably my fault since i put it in a cheap plastic screw top container, but shouldn't the original packaging be good enough that i don't have to break it open to use all the product??). I can't do a side by side test because i would be comparing a brand new shadow insurance to a somewhat dried out UDPP but i can't remember the UDPP ever being this creamy and easy to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 4:42:00 AM More reviews by asherbaby87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have super oily eyelids and this stuff really works. I always bought eyeshadow after eyeshadow but couldn't really wear it because it always creased within the hour before I even left the house. This stuff is awesome. A little really does go a long way and packaging is great. Blending isn't 100% but it's not that bad. I will definitely purchase SI again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by katelovesmac

I have not tried UDDP so can't compare it to that but... Shadow Insurance is a really great product. It does what it says, it keeps your shadows crease free, makes them more vibrant and keeps them on all day. The packaging is also cute and a little bit of product goes a long way.I have tried it both with drugstore and high-end shadows. This is a great eyeshadow base and I will be buying more when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by missjestr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have not tried Urban Decay's Primer Potion, so I will not be comparing it to that. This was my first primer, and I was very pleased. I have very oily eyelids, and everytime I wore eyeshadow, it always creased and faded. This baby though, keeps it from creasing and fading.
Now the only problem I had with this is that I found that it's very hard to blend. I usually have 30 minutes to do my makeup, but even with all that time, with this primer it takes at least 20 minutes just for the eyes because it's so hard to blend! Blending is the key to flawless makeup, and I find myself having to work very hard blending and blending and blending! I stopped wearing smokey eyes because of this.

Overall, it's a great product, I'm okay with the tube packaging, but I have to take down 1 lippie because it makes eyeshadow so hard to blend because all the powder sticks on the eyelid. I will be purchasing the UDPP next time, just to see if it's easier for me to blend my makeup. Ugh!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by mkellor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough good things about this product. I have very oily lids and had actually stopped wearing most shadow or liners because they didn't last or would "melt." This product has changed all that -- whatever I put on after SI looks looks pretty much perfect 12+ hours later. By the way, I have also used Urban Decay's Potion but it totally didn't work for me. Go buy some Shadow Insurance if you have any creasing/melting eyeshadow issues -- it's really worth it! When I run out of this tube I will be making a mad dash to Sephora because it is a must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by lastoneout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Crazy oily eyelids used to leave me looking like a cracked out raccoon at the end of the day. A dollop of TFSI in the morning keeps my eye make up looking fresh allllll day long! ADORE!

PS: Packaging is ace, you get to squeeze every last bit out of the tube! Woooop!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by vengland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So glad I tried this product! After being disappointed with Urban Decay Primer Potion, I found that I liked this product MUCH better. The formula has a silkier feel to it than UDPP, and is not drying for my eyelids. It does a fabulous job at preventing shadow creasing, and it takes just a tiny drop for both lids, so I think it's a great value as well. The tube packaging is perfect for this type of product as well-sanitary and prevents the product from drying out. If I ever get through this tube, I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 6:20:00 AM More reviews by InTheFade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this because I was sick of having my eyeshadow go all yucky and creasy at work. Also admittedly because you can't get the urban decay primer potion at any retail stores in Sydney, Australia that I've found.

I'm so glad I bought this. A tiny little squeeze covers my whole lid and up to my eyebrow. It dries quickly and really grabs onto my eyeshadow, making the colour payoff much greater with less shadow.

I have very oily eyelids and thought that this wouldn't really make a difference, but I'm yet to notice any creasing at all (even after 15+ hours of wearing it, with no reapplications).

It's now part of my daily eyeshadow routine. It's cut the amount of time I need to spend applying my eyeshadow as I only need to use a little bit.

Love love love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by crunchiez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this primer! Its easy to apply, blends easily and does its job. I also have UDPP, which also keeps my shadow on, but I find it not as easily blendable as TFSI - I'm also scared of it drying out on me, lol and running out fast because of the bottle shape. I will definitly purchase TFSI again when I run out, its really a great little product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

Godsent. This stuff beats out Urban Decay's Primer Potion anyday. It's silky and keeps my eyeshadow put all day. Although it's a dollar more than UDPP (if you think this is a reason not to buy TFSI, wowww....) it is SOO worth it. Here's why:

~ It's more hygenic- UDPP has a wand that you have to use to apply the product to your eyelid then dip back into the container, which ultimately makes the little genie bottle a haven for bacteria. TFSI is instead in a squeezy tube that has a tiny hole at the end to prevent the primer from drying out.

~ The packaging is so much better- The packaging, my goodness the packaging! I can get out every last bit of product and put it to good use! Curves should be flaunted, but not when it comes to a bottle! So much stuff gets left behind in those dents UDPP has. Cutting through it is a pain and the stuff usually dries out after a couple of weeks when you transfer it.

~ Texture- TFSI is silky and very smooth. I think it is better for people with normal to dry eyelids, whereas UDPP is better for oily since it is a bit drying. I don't have excessively oily or dry lids, so I like my Too Faced.

~ For you people who are still thinking a DOLLAR is too much, might it help to know that there is .01 fl oz more product in TFSI? =]

EDIT 11/26/08: I went to swim practice last night, and when I got home and looked in the mirror I was so suprised. My eyeshadow and liner stayed put and looked almost exactly the same as when I first put it on! It would probably be safe to say that this keeps your eyeshadow pretty waterproof since it lasted through a 2 hour swim practice! =]